Pulcinella Mozzorella Bar and Restaurant
78 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pulcinella Mozzorella Bar and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pulcinellamozzarellabar.com/
- Phone: 6178510371
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pulcinella Mozzorella Bar and Restaurant
Open and bright, with colorful accept lamps, this family run restaurant stands out in the North End. Try a fantastic 'tasting' of their various mozzarella. A quaint jewel in the North End!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pulcinella Mozzorella Bar and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Hidden GemthefatunaDined on 2/14/2014Great buratta. Very good veal parm and pasta tubes with meatballs. The Marchese wine was superb!! Thanks PulcinellaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointing. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2014Very dissapointing. We were the only people here on a Saturday night. The wait staff sat at another table eating and talking so loudly the whole time we had to pause our conversation multiple times.
- Staff seemed overwhelmed andAdamDined on 11/16/2013Staff seemed overwhelmed and sort of clueless of what was on the menu. We tried to order chicken with our ravioli and they forgot, then they forgot to get another bottle of wine, then bread. Pretty bad experience overall
- This restaurant is a gem.KateVIPDined on 10/18/2013Small, private and very relaxing. We enjoyed both the food and wine. They have only been open a month and I am glad we were able to eat there before it begins to draw a crowd. The burrata appetizer was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great AntipastoGaildcDined on 9/14/2013The Boston Globe review was not wrong. The "make your own" antipasto was very good. The service was also very good. I called to explain we were caught in a massive traffic jam and they were very good about it. Greeted me at the door when i arrived (finally) and showed us to our table. A lovely evening and I definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great spreadPrudenceMVIPDined on 8/23/2013I love the concept of pairing many little things with the mozzarella choices -- which were all excellent! We loved the oven roasted tomatoes and the salame. The burrata was some of the best I have had. This place is just on the edge of a wine bar concept -- I would love to see more of that played up. It's a great space and has a lot of energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was it just a bad night?!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013I made a reservation for Sat night at 8pm. When our party of 3 arrived, we noticed that there were only 3 other tables occupied. Other restaurants had lines out the door. We would be quick to find out why. We ordered the mozzarella with proscuitto and eggplant. We were told they were out of eggplant. (on a Sat. night with Haymarket ,an open market yards away.) The mozzarella was good. We ordered stuffed zucchini flowers. When the zucchini flowers arrived, I tried to cut it and was not able to pierce it. Upon further inspection, it was FROZEN solid. THe waiter came over and stood there not knowing what to say, what to do or apologize for serving frozen food. I could go on and on. Waitstaff not professional at all!Special Features:
- A real gem of the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013A real gem of the North End Italian restaurant scene. Not a 'faddish' place like some others, the food quality is top notch and this family owned and run business insures a welcoming spirit and a relaxed but excellent dining experience. Reasonable prices!Special Features:
- A special vibe & phenomenal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2013The sister restaurant of a Cambridge favorite, Pulcinella Mozzarella Bar & Ristorante in the North End is phenomenal. The service is warm and welcoming--from the owners to the staff-- the pasta is cooked perfectly, and the antipasti? Not to be missed! If you're a wine lover, you can't go wrong, as every bottle in the cellar is chosen with care. The place has a special vibe; it has heart. We'll be back (again and again)!Special Features:
- Cheese and Prosciutto AppsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Cheese and Prosciutto Apps were excellent but pricey. Meals were very bland. I got the meatballs and my wife got the raviolis. They could have been enhanced with some parm cheese but that was never offered.
- We had a wonderful meal thereandieVIPDined on 1/26/2013We had a wonderful meal there with our family. The server was awesome, attentive but not suffocating. The food was amazing! All the flavors were designed to work together beautifully. Barrata mozzarella is to die for. The one slight negative is that this restaurant is not what you think of when you think of the North End. It was not cozy and looked rather industrial -- but that might have been by design. Who knows?Special Features:
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Fantastic food. We tried the mozz and its pairing in four of their offerings here. Each was delicious, and the preparation of each part of each dish was perfect. This restaurant is a little out of the beaten path, and I hope that word gets around that it's there, so that we can return next time we are in Boston.Special Features:
- Pulcinella is a new restaurantPeterDined on 12/7/2012Pulcinella is a new restaurant in the North End and it offers a unique approach to Italian cuisine. It features three varieties of fresh mozzarella, regular, smoked, and burata all made from buffala milk which is very rich. One can choose one or more varitities and select from a list of deli meats and vegetables to make up a delicious platter to begin dinner or as a light lunch. In addition there are several interesting choices of pasta dishes and other entrees to choose from. After three visitis all of those I and my dining companions and I have had have been well prepared. The decor is attractive and the service attentive and helpful when asked for advice about menu choices I would strongly recommend Pulcinella for lunch & dinnSpecial Features:
- Good, but not great - particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012Good, but not great - particularly for the price. Mozzarella was outstanding. Speck was very good but poorly sliced (very thick). Meatballs were dissappointing.
- On our first trip to BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2012On our first trip to Boston last weekend, my wife and I decided to go over to the North End Saturday night for dinner. We had no idea that everyone in the state would be there. No chance to get in anywhere on Hanover St., so my wife searched Yelp and got a reservation at Pulcinella for 30 minutes later via OpenTable. When we walked up I was hesitant. It's very brightly lit inside; I thought it was a pizza place, but I gave it a chance, and I'm glad I did. They have a good menu which they execute very well, and the service is good.Special Features:
- Poor Ambience, Small PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012Unfortunately, Pulcinella Mozzarella will not receive high praise from me, or a return visit. 1. Ambience - I usually don't give too much credence to the ambience if the food and service excels, but this place, in the North End of Boston, is like eating in a cafeteria. Bright color tiled floor and a deli-style counter does not work for me. I am a true believer that you eat with your eyes first, and immediately an inferior feeling comes over you before the menu is in your hands. 2. Portion size - this is the BIGGEST reason I will not return. An Italian restaurant in the North End, and I have never seen smaller portions. Seven of us dined, Each person finished their entire dish, and many of us were still hungry. Unacceptable.
- If you call yourself a MozzarellaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2012If you call yourself a Mozzarella Bar you really need to have outstanding mozzarella and the mozzarella here is just ehh. It has a very buttery taste and does not have a creamey texture. The salami that came with it were very good and I really enjoyed the grilled eggplant.