Puckett's 5th & Church
500 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37219Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Puckett's 5th & Church
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puckettsgrocery.com/nashville/index.php
- Phone: 6157702772x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday; 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Voted Best Caterer in Williamson County for 6 years in a row!
- Private Party Facilities: Small private dining area seats up to 15. We will rent out the restaurant for private events in the evening.
- Private Party Contact: Autumn Friese 6157702772x
- Entertainment: We feature Music City's best local talent 7 nights a week! You'll hear up and coming songwriters and great Americana acts Sunday through Thursday. Number one hit song-writers and bands made up by those hit song writers and the same musicians who have toured with everyone from Elton John to Emmylou Harris on featured on Friday and Saturdays. Want more info? Check our calendar at http://bit.ly/NashvilleCalendar for all the details!
A word from Puckett's 5th & Church
Founded in the fifties, people have been congregating at Puckett"s for over half a century. We've updated a bit, added some recipes from our family and friends, and thrown in some great live music. But it's still Puckett's Grocery... nothing too fancy, but everything good. It's where the locals go for real food, real people and real fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Puckett's 5th & Church reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (116)good for groups (107)hot spot (85)kid-friendly (66)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (60)special occasion (33)great for brunch (30)late-night find (30)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food and Band ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Loved the food and Raven Cliff Band. Would definitely do this again.Special Features:
- Good food, Great serviceJenniferDined on 9/23/2014The food was tasty and plentiful. The server was friendly and attentive despite the fact the place was packed. I would recommend you make a reservation or you will be waiting for a while to get a table. Fair warning, I went before the live music started at 8pm and it was still very loud so if you are sensitive to noise, this may not be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014I've been to Puckett's in Franklin and also the downtown Nashville location and both are great. This is a very good place for the southern, Nashville experience. Food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceTheJonesDined on 9/22/2014This was our first time to Puckett's and they did not disappoint. We were lucky and got there early enough that we were seated quickly. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great FindjerseygirlDined on 9/21/2014This was our first visit to Nashville and I did a lot of research for places to eat during our stay. My husband and I were so pleased that we found Puckett's, so much so, that we went twice in a weekend. The food was delicious and so plentiful! All the staff were very friendly and patient while we asked about different menu items. The dining area is very crowded but that was the charm to being in this neighborhood place. We were there too early on Friday night to see any entertainment but on Sunday evening, we got to enjoy three musicians as we dined. We loved the atmosphere, the food and the music. We would definitely recommend Puckett's to anyone who visits Downtown Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find near TPACTrentDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I were going to a show at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. This was about the only restaurant that was open on Sunday near TPAC that was A) convenient and B) fit what we were looking for (our only other convenient options were a Subway or a $$$ restaurant at a nearby hotel). To get my only complaints our of the way: it was a bit too loud and the tables are too close together. However, every other aspect was very good to excellent: our server was friendly and efficient, the meal arrived quickly, yet was fresh (it was clearly made to order and not microwaved) and the food was delicious. I had excellent crispy chicken fried chicken, while my wife loved her shrimp and grits. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014Service was exceptional, food was great. Would highly recommend for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalOTuserDined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing. Top off your meal with a milkshake! Will dine here again.Special Features:
- FriendlyGossiepooVIPDined on 9/20/2014The staff here is so friendly. I recommend giving it a try if you want to experience some good ole southern hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunioncontrol2014Dined on 9/20/2014The club sandwich with country ham, bacon, and chicken was okay. The country ham had fat left on it and the chicken was too tuf to eat and the french fries were old, cold and rubber. I wouldn't recommend this sandwich. But the rest of my party their food was very good. I thought the Puckett's in Franklin was just a better all around better Puckett's.Special Features:
- Awesome food for a bargain pricetimmy911Dined on 9/19/2014Decided to try Puckets based on reviews. Reservation through open table, so no wait. Seated promptly and our server was very quick as well as friendly. Smoked half chicken was really good, although a tad on the small side. Wide had the pulled pork and said it was amazing! All in all, very satisfied and wanted to go back the next day, but plans kept us from it. Oh yeah, did I mention you can't beat the price?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment AgainNashvilleFoodFreakDined on 9/18/2014The 1st time I ate at Puckett's downtown the food was great. Each time I go back the quality diminishes significantly. The BBQ was dry & cold. The chicken fried chicken has a great flavored batter but don't be foiled by the menu saying you get 2 breast. It is certainly 2 pieces of chicken just ones that were originally 1 breast that was beaten, flattened & cut into 2 or 3 "breasts". The chicken fried steak was flat out awful. It was all batter with LOTS of grease. The meat in it was beaten so flat it was burned from fring it. We set next to the entrance to the kitchen. I can't tell you how many plates were sent back. Seating is less than ideal. We made reservations for 5 a day or 2 in advance & they shoved us all around a bar table for 4.Special Features:
- Pulled Pork QuesadillasMimiDined on 9/18/2014These are outstanding and if you've never had them - be sure to ask them to make them for you as they're not on menu! Very filling too - lots of pork!!!!Special Features:
- Country feel in the citytntravelerDined on 9/17/2014The atmosphere in this restaurant has a small town country feel to it while being in the heart of Nashville. Went for dinner before a TPAC show, service was right on pace and food was excellent. Portion size was great, not too small or too large. Prices were very reasonable. I will definitely come back. I had the "Piggy Mac", it was served in a small cast iron skillet. It had pulled pork on the bottom with Gouda Mac and cheese on the top. Delicious, and filling, I could only eat half of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, Basic Neighborhood FoodJKCManVIPDined on 9/16/2014Good variety of southern food with many fried options and lots of potatoes and fries. Service was excellent. Good for out-of-towners on visit to Nashville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We eat here often...food is always good and love the location...a few streets over from Broadway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Good comfort food and a casual atmosphere. Was perfect for a casual, but still good quality meal before a show at the Ryman. Was glad they took reservations. Lots of people waiting, but we were seated right in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful meal, atmosphere and service. Can't go wrong here. Would return on next visit.Special Features:
- Good and BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have been to the Pucketts in Franklin and Leipers Fork numerous times, but this was my first visit to the one in the city. A couple of visitors wanted some Southern food near downtown, so I made 8pm dinner reservations. The restaurant tables were packed so tightly, we had to ask the other tables to slide in so we could even get to our table. The food was good. What we really found rude was that about 9pm, the server came over and told us, "If you want to stay at your table, you have to pay a $12 cover charge." We were still finishing our drinks and it wasn't like we were just taking up space.Special Features:
- Loved it!!LamsmomDined on 9/10/2014Puckett's was recommended to us by a friend and it did not disappoint. It had the perfect atmosphere for local music. The food was excellent - I had the piggy mac and my husband had chicken fried chicken. Both exceeded our expectations. Service was quick, food came out within 5 minutes and it was hot and delicious! Our server (I can't remember his name :() was friendly, helpful and courteous, even though he was helping a party of 50 at the same time. I would recommend to anyone who wants some good southern food in a fun environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good ChoiceSgtutvolsVIPDined on 9/9/2014Whenever there is a show at The Ryman I can always count on a good meal at Puckett's with great service. Food is consistently good and I have never had bad service at this Nashville gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Good casual dining spot. Service was fast which met our need as we had a show to catch. I would recommend reservations if you have a time restraint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music & food, service just okNowInNashvilleDined on 9/6/2014Have been here a number of times now and it seems something always goes wrong with the order. The food is always delicious, the server is always friendly, the music is always top notch, but this last time they didn't bring the starter salad at all, and when I finally got the waitress' attention we were too far into our entrees to bother with a salad. I asked that the bill just be adjusted to account for the missing salad, but there was "nothing they could do on the bill" so they offered me a dessert. Not the ideal fix, but it was something. On the previous visit they brought us the wrong chicken dish. I definitely recommend going here and will continue to come back, but they just need to make some adjustments on the service side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy local pubJaredBVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is a first class operation. Good service, pleasant staff and accommodating. They honor reservations and are very organized about seating and wait times. Be sure to make a reservation or plan to wait but the kitchen is very fast and the food is good and consistent. Drinks are reasonable.Special Features:
- foodaprilDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent. Best steak that I have had in a long time. Food was delivered very quickly. Will return to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is just OKpiezumVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had the shrimp and grits - could not find the grits in all the sauce in the bowl. There were 4 of us. Fried chicken got the best review. Band was very good, but overwhelms the restaurant. Go for the music not the food.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014We went for an early supper. Smoked chicken was awesome!Special Features:
- Great the 1st time, so - so the 2ndMickeyDined on 8/31/2014The first time we ate at Puckett's was at lunch almost a year ago, it was delicious. We decided to go back this time for supper. The salad was excellent, as for the entrée not so much. We had a fried green bean appetizer, it was over fried and the same went for my chicken fried steak. Although the chicken fried steak was supposed to be a ribeye, I have had better else where with lesser cuts of beef. My wife's fried chicken didn't seam to be cooked as poorly as my meal so I'm not sure if it was the grease that was bad or just the preparation of my food. The peach cobbler was 3/4th cobbler and maybe 3 to 4 peach slices, disappointed to say the least. I will most likely go back and give them another chance, but I will avoid the fried foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette partyIheartnashvilleDined on 8/30/2014We ate her on Labor Day weekend. We showed up an hour early because it was pouring rain and we couldn't go back to the hotel, and they sat us almost immediately; 8 people! That impressed me. The food was amazing, and we had a great time. Our server was pretty easy on the eyes as well. :)Special Features:
- Great location, average foodCLCTDined on 8/27/2014Location convenient to public parking. Within walking distance of Ryman Auditorium, Bridgestone Arena, other downtown destinations. Food is good, "down home" country cooking; service excellent. Reservations recommended. I had the pulled pork barbecue plate with sweet potato fries, cole slaw, baked beans and cornbread. BBQ smoked on-sight, smells great from the moment you enter the door! It's good, but average. Fries were crispy. Mayo-based cole slaw is slightly sweet. Baked beans typical of any BBQ joint. My husband had the same plate, with chicken. He was disappointed the chicken was pulled, and not quartered. He said it was fair. Large portions; cold beer. Live music nightly. Great place to go before and after a concert at the Ryman!Special Features:
- Love PuckettsDukeTastyDined on 8/25/2014Love this place and it's located pretty much next to the Ryman, so it's a great spot to eat before a show. Food and service is great. The last time we went, the hostess was rude but everything else made up for bad attitude.Special Features:
- Good food and entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We were in town visiting for a conference and found this place on Open Table. We were able to get a reservation for 6 on short notice. The wings were great. The brisket was also great when you added some of the BBQ sauce to it. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Nashville that wants to try some local BBQ and live music.
- Good food Downtown NashvilleAFMomDined on 8/19/2014Good food with southern flair and good service with good entertainment. We always take out of town guests to Puckett's and then walk to other venues downtown. We can always count on Puckett's to have good food and not just bar food. Love that they take reservations now via Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistentmiaSDined on 8/19/2014Pucketts is our go-to restaurant for most downtown events. It is centrally located, food is consistent, service is personable and you can't go wrong as long as you make reservations ahead of time, or you don't mind a wait when they are busy. Outdoor dining is also an option.Special Features:
- Puckett's Songwriter's NightPuckettsDined on 8/15/2014Very good table and food. Noise level of course terrible as usual. Bachelorette party and people dancing on chairs, standing up in front of other customers while songwriters are trying to talk and sing. So disgusted with Downtown Pucketts' These things NEVER happen at Franklin or Columbia. So guess we'll just not go to Nashville one anymore even though our songwriting friends will be playing there. Again - NO announcements at the beginning of the show by Ladawn about enjoying the evening, talking quietly and giving respect to the songwriters.Special Features:
- Business Group DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Great spot to take business associates who are visting from out of town and want to experience Nashville and some great BBQ! We took 2 separate groups of 40 in 1 week. Split into smaller groups and had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table App messes it upOpenTableProVIPDined on 8/11/2014The current, fairly new Open Table app was responsible for a 45-minute delay in getting a table. I had revised the reservation from 2 to 3 people, but the new app didn't "take" the change. Another person standing next to me had the same problem, so it's not just me. I'd take the old app back any day! That said, once we got seated (ahem ... surrounded by a horde of standing/waiting people), the food and service was great. Every visitor to Nashville should try Puckett's!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to its reviews :(qbanattnyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Having been in Nashville numerous times, I had heard a lot about Puckett's. I had a group of 12 sales personnel I was hosting a dinner and wanted some local comfort food that came highly recommended. I hate to say it, it was uneventful. Food was OK and nothing exciting jumped out at us. The service was with a smile, but the timing of the food delivery was definitely off. It's as if they wanted to get us out as quick as possible. Definitely disappointing.
- Great foodMlatham70Dined on 8/11/2014Great food great service see more on my yelp reviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Great local talent with good food. The cover probably scares people off, but it worth it.Special Features: