Publik Draft House
654 Peachtree St
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Publik Draft House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.publikatl.com/
- Phone: (404) 885-7505
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 12:30pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can cater for most events, from a small informal Happy Hour, Birthdays, Wedding/Baby Showers, right up to Rehearsal Dinners and Corporate Events.
- Private Party Contact: Vanessa 8772995569
- Entertainment: Live Music Thurs-Sunday. Check our Facebook page www.facebook.com/publikatl for details
A word from Publik Draft House
Publik is a locally owned draft house whose mission is to provide the public with a warm environment and fun entertainment. We look forward to offering you a visually stimulating and fun atmosphere while supporting local artists and musicians. Publik aspires to interact with the local community in a social environment while providing soul satisfying food, creative cocktails, wine, beer, coffee, and tea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Publik Draft House - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Publik Draft House reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great neighborhood pub.JulesATLDined on 10/12/2014Fresh salads and sandwiches. Great beer selection. Absinthe bar. Great place to people watch, right by the Fox Theatre. Our waiter "Leroy" aka "Lee" was awesome!!Special Features:
- Meal was not memorableAroundTownDined on 10/4/2014i took some out of town friends here because it is only two blocks from my apartment and had pretty good reviews on Yelp. The drinks, beer and wine selections were good and the service was great. I ordered the shrimp and grits, usually my favorite go-to meal. The shrimp were luke warm but had a good taste. The grits were stone cold and congealed to a thick paste, which was very disappointing. My friends had the Asian chicken wings and they said they were ok. I guess for pub food I should stick to the regular bar fare.Special Features:
- Great hang outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014eating with a friend this chic pub style bar had a great beer list and well thought through menu for an upscale urban bar. Loved the space!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Good food, quick service. Great before or after the Fox spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okayNattypangDined on 9/28/2014Went for brunch with some friends. Only to be told their was no brunch menu that Sunday. Only stayed for the mimosas. The food we did order was marginal. It was a great vibe. Young professional hipsters, prob best suited for after work cocktails than for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant didn't have our reservation when we arrived. For some reason our reservation was not listed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal!MariaDined on 9/24/2014The food was delicious, the service perfect, and the birthday celebration was memorable! Thanks to all!Special Features:
- SolidSlizzlizDined on 9/19/2014I always get the lamb burger (it's fantastic), but my friends always really enjoyed their food as well (the salmon, the scallops, the shrimp and grits) and the drinks hold their own. The deserts are a little meh, but otherwise this is a great place to drink and eat for dinner or for brunch. Speaking of brunch, you cannot go wrong with the bottomless mimosas!Special Features:
- Good RestaurantKatlDined on 8/27/2014It was a good lunch. I wouldn't have the same thing again, but would try another meal at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Publik Draft House reviews archive.
- Great BeerBrunchBunchVIPDined on 7/15/2014PBH has great local beer. Tried several of theirs and enjoyed them all. I had the Lamb Burger and was a bit underwhelmed. It was good but not as spicy as I was hoping. The fries were probably the best I have ever had. Made up for the burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show dinnerShannonDined on 7/13/2014This was our second visit to PDH, and we were not disappointed. Though one item that we ordered ended up being unavailable, the staff made sure that we were offered an alternative that was satisfactory. Will definitely visit again when we are seeing a show at The Fiox Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Great place to go before or after Fox. Food and service are great. It gets a bit noisy at the busy times.Special Features:
- Great Meal Before the Show!Yelm53Dined on 7/12/2014Went to Publik prior to going to the Fox for a show. The atmosphere was very energetic and we had a great server. I ordered the Spicy Lamb Burger, a signature at Publik, and it was cooked to perfection and was quite tasty. My partner ordered the B & B burger and raved about it. He said the combination of the bacon and brie was incredible. He also got pretty excited about the sweet potato fries. I have to say that our server was very helpful with our choice of beer. They have a wide selection, and we were quite happy with our choice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family. It was fun, and again, the food was great. Oh, and by the way, get the roasted red pepper hummus...the best I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Good for lunch. Great corner view!SB1997Dined on 7/12/2014We had lunch prior to seeing a matinee show at the Fox. The restaurant filled up very quickly but we were able to secure the corner table where we could see everyone coming and going to the theater. The red pepper hummus was by far the best thing on the menu. Individually the meals were on the pricey side ($15 for a 'decent' hamburger is a little high) but for the amount of food we ate, overall not a bad value. The atmosphere definitely makes this restaurant. Great corner location with excellent people viewing. Food ranged from good to very good. Would definitely consider stopping in either before or after another show at the Fox.Special Features:
- Convenient for the Fox showsLisaHDined on 7/11/2014Right beside the Fox, our Open Table reservation made it possible to walk in and sit down when others were told of a 40 min wait. Standard menu with good variety and prices that reflect the convenient locale - very pleasant and buzzing venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVEBethDined on 7/10/2014The food was good but way too expensive for the quality and portion size.
- Convenient for the Fox, but food OKOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/8/2014My friend had the fish and chips and really liked it. My scallops were very salty. Extremely noisy. Nice and easy to go to before the Fox and they get you out on time, but food is only average.Special Features:
- Publik Draft House - Fox Night OutGotchadogVIPDined on 7/8/2014Publik Draft House has figured it out. I've eaten at that location for years prior to attending plays/musicals at the Fox - and PDH will be the establishment that will stay there for years. The highlight is the bar - they have a huge selection of beers and drinks at reasonable prices. Service is excellent on Fox performance nights. They rush orders out in time for you to enjoy your meal and not panic that it's too close to curtain time. They finally have a great menu with lots of variety - many choices. I prefer to eat upstairs where it's less hectic, but this is a great place to people watch and have fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wehearteatingoutVIPDined on 6/3/2014nothing special. wouldn't go there again, sadly. service was slow and inattentive. we had to ask server for check twice. we had to request to order the food as she seemed very busy.Special Features:
- Great brunch place in Midtown!DCGuyDined on 5/18/2014This was my first time here and I was pleasantly surprised! I had the duck confit hash and my friend had the lamb burger with goat cheese and both were fantastic. The drinks were excellent and what a deal for unlimited bloody mary's and mimosas for $12! I definitely will come back again.Special Features:
- Go Spencer !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Great service by spencer , good mimosas, good neighborhood good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/17/2014We stopped here because of proximity to the Fox Theatre. The food was great, service was fast and they have a great menu that suited both adults and kids in our group. It's a bit crowded with no real waiting area for a table (except the bar) but otherwise perfect spot for dinner before or after a show.Special Features:
- Good Food, Service, but no kid menukygalisaDined on 4/13/2014The food and the service at the Publik Draft House were great. The Shrimp & Grits were delicious. The Fish & chips had a great taste, but was a bit over fried and greasy. My main concern is that with the many family events at the Fox, I was surprised & disappointed at no menu options for kids. Even something simple as simple as half orders, or universal favs such as chicken fingers. It was very difficult finding something for my 7 and 5 yr olds to eat off your menu before the Lion King at the Fox. (We wound up having to buy popcorn there to satisfy their hunger!) So we may not be back since we usually only have these very special evenings as a family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food and service is great and we really like the restaurant. Our only comment is that the tables are so close together there is no such thing as a private conversation. One quickly makes new friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotFoodLoverDined on 4/3/2014Service was terrific. Food was tasty. Great smaller brew pub atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedWeluv2eatoutVIPDined on 3/29/2014Due to the fact that the service was a bit off--server knew nothing about the beers on the menu, and considering that is a focal point we were worried about the food; however, the food ended up being delicious. They just need to spend some time training their staff on the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Fox TheaterMitchDined on 3/5/2014This restaurant is right next to the Fox Theater so is perfect for pre-theater dining. We were seated upstairs which had a pleasant atmosphere. Both the fish and chips and shrimp and grits were excellent. Service was fast and efficient. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Publik Draft HouseMarieDined on 2/16/2014Great for a meal before going next door to the Fox! The food was delicious and service was exceptional, but it is extremely noisy! (I had to take off one star overall for the noise level.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timingRosebudDined on 2/9/2014Service was fast, had us in and out within one hour time frame before show at the Fox. Food was OK,. Grilled chicken wrap was actually ground up chicken deep fried in egg roll type wrap...hmmm not what expected. Place was crazy busy and noisy swig theater crowd.
- Perfect stop before the FoxMidtownStaceDined on 2/8/2014Although Publik is great on any night, I find myself going there before shows at the Fox. The food is great and they have a good selection of beers. I especially liked that you could make a reservation with them to ensure you get in and out to make it to your show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken disappointmentxojcDined on 2/8/2014In a city that prides itself on its fried chicken offerings (One Eared Stag, JCT, the stalwart Colonnade, etc), I expected something equally as if not ambitious, satisfactory from Publik Draft House. I figured if PDH is bold enough to put fried chicken on their menu in Atlanta, then they've got to be giving it a good effort. Let's just say that I was disappointed. The spinach was tasty, as were the potatoes, but the chicken seemed like an afterthought: flat, hockey-puck-like patties that looked as though they may have been first pick from the McDonalds McChicken delivery topped my entree. Everyone else in my party seemed to enjoy their meal (I heard multiple times of how good the scallops were), but I can't say the same.Special Features:
- Perfect for grabbing a biteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Perfect for grabbing a bite before attending Fox Theater, right next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for before show diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014We went here before a show at the Fox. They were super packed and were unable to seat us until about 10-15 minutes after our reservation time. Service was great as they have a good system with lots of kitchen runners. We ordered the shrimp and grits - spicy but excellent. Also the mussels were fabulous, but might be a slightly small order for the $16 price. Wine prices were good and you can't beat eating so close to the Fox. Would return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationCbradandronnieDined on 2/7/2014We made online reservations for publik draft house for Friday night before going to see the Book of Mormon, when we were system, it took ten minutes to even get water. Then the hostess asked if we could be done by 7:15 because they had so many reservations! Seriously? We had reservations too and why did WE have to hurry? They cleared our table before we even finished...took our drinks away when we weren't done...basically pushed us out the door before we were ready...how rude....
- CozyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Very good for downtown/midtown activities. Cozy but a bit noisy. We enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Pre-theater no brainerJeffreyVIPDined on 2/6/2014Great food. They handled the theater crowd with great efficiency and courtesy. Definitely make a reservation if you're dining before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us dined pre-theatreFritzieDined on 2/6/2014Four of us dined pre-theatre at the Fox and all of us really enjoyed our meals. The place was packed and everyone had to get out before the theatre began; the wait staff and kitchen were superb in understanding everyone's needs. I presume they are used to it since they are right next to the theatre -- but I think they deserve praise for their great performance.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-FoxOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Great service. Attentive to our schedule whereby we needed to leave for Fox Theater by a certain time.Special Features:
- It's location next to FOXOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2014It's location next to FOX theater makes it an excellent choice for theater goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Publik at the FoxNativeInExileDined on 2/3/2014So convenient right next door (within the building of) the Fox Theatre. We were able to eat unhurriedly despite a growing crowd and get to the Fox easily. The Caesar Salad was good but didn't seem to be Caesar: not Romaine lettuce, no Parmesan cheese, no croutons, a different tasting salad dressing. The salmon added to it was delectable. Steak was extremely tender and delicious. Martinis were very good. The restaurant had run out of bread, which has an added cost, but we were warned of the necessary substitute of a potato roll if we still chose to order it.