Public Kitchen and Bar
7000 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Public Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thompsonhotels.com/hotels/la/hollywood-roosevelt/eat/public-kitchen-and-bar
- Phone: 3237698888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:30pm-10:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5:30pm-12:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Description Buyout Opportunities Available. For more information, please contact our Events Department at: 323.769.8888
- Private Party Facilities: Contact the restaurant for large party details as well as set menu options and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Autumn 3237698888x
A word from Public Kitchen and Bar
From Domaine Restaurant's (Chef Tim Goodell) comes Public Kitchen & Bar, at the historic Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, featuring a menu of eclectic American fare. The landmark hotel's re-imagined old Hollywood style dining hall offers locals and travelers alike this stunning setting reminiscent of a stylish and welcoming private home. A loft-inspired design provides a lighter, brighter space highlighted by black walnut butcher block tables, redesigned 1960s library chairs and diamond-tufted banquettes. At the room's center, a large, three-sided, marble topped bar offers creative cocktails, a moderately priced bottle wine list, beers by draft and bottle and an assortment of cured meats and cheeses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Public Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Public Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)great for brunch (19)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Brunch with the girlsBirthdayDined on 10/5/2014It was a very cute brunch spot. Great price... The brunch was a buffet, plus an alla carte item plus bottomless champagne all for $42.00. The food was really good. Service wasn't good. The waiter hardly came around. But other then that it was a Great brunch spot for some fun girl time and bottomless mimosa-ing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Kale salad was awesome. Cauliflower gratin was too saucy, and not enough cauliflowerI would recommend this to a friend.
- PublicMelisaDined on 10/3/2014the atmosphere is cozy but vibrant, the squash blossoms were amazing! Order the strawberry fields cocktail....soo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. Highly recommend this restaurant and the bar was also great. Try the English Bulldog!! They have done a beautiful job restoring this gem. Superb experience.Special Features:
- allenVIPDined on 8/17/2014obseqious staff, but did nothing to relieve probs like too long a wait for drinks and all courses served together
- srdinerDined on 8/17/2014Not a big selection of items for brunch but what they had was good. A little too pricey for my taste. Service was very attentive. Had to make reservations too far in advance - I'm more of a spontaneous person when it comes to Sunday brunches.Special Features:
- Thank goodness for PublicSoCalGeofVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Hollywood and Highland area has become a virtual desert when it comes to respectable dining options, overrun with tourist-grade fare. Public is hiding in plain sight right there in the middle of it. We dined here most recently before attending a film screening at the landmark Chinese Theater across the street. We took our time and enjoyed multiple courses of both drinks and food over a couple of hours. We enjoyed everything immensely, starting with fresh oysters, burrata and octopus, peaking with the steak frites and king salmon (apparently the most popular dish), and finally indulging in the nectarine cobbler for dessert. Public is hands-down the ONLY dining option in the neighborhood, and absolutely worth a visit in and of itself.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchPointhoarderVIPDined on 8/10/2014Got to the buffet table and there were no plates. A busboy noticed and said he would get some but got stopped by customers with questions on the food. I got a desert plate and got some food. When I went back, there still weren't any plates. They were busy but there really isn't any excuse for this. The restaurant is very noisy when they are busy. There is nothing on the walls or ceiling to absorb the sound which got very loud at times. The service was good. The buffet selection is limited but found their maple glazed bacon to be downright disgusting. There was really nothing here to get me to come back.
- Awesome brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent brunch variety and quality. Mimosas were truly bottomless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDariceDined on 8/10/2014It's a unique version of Sunday brunch. The champagne of course is great but has interesting items on the buffet you don't see every where.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!NikizfDined on 8/9/2014Had an early dinner before going to a play at the Pantages-absolutely loved this restaurant! Everything was wonderful! The brussel sprouts were the best I've had, the polenta was an excellent compliment to our entrees. I had the roasted chicken (it melted in my mouth) and my husband had the streak frites while my daughter had the Public burger-we scored on all our entrees. We loved the dining experience and the food. Definitely a revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding brunch experienceMuncherDined on 8/3/2014I loved the ambience; the crowd was young, cool and chic; the food was great in quality, quantity, variety and presentation; our server ( Tammy, I believe)and hostess (Roxie) were amazing. We had an amazing experience, would definitely recommend it to my friends, and repeat ASAP! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all that it seems...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Went there for dinner based on Yelp and other recommendations. Appetizers were fine; however, it took more than 40 minutes to even see our entrees even though our server kept saying they were coming up in a couple of minutes. Restaurant was more than half empty yet others who came in later (but knew the staff) were getting served. We finally gave up waiting which is when our entrees were brought to us, we explained to the waiter we were leaving due to the wait, all he could say was he was sorry for the mix-up in the kitchen. Did not offer to comp the apps or two cocktails or even tell his manager. Ironically, as we were leaving the manager smiled, thanked us and said come back again.
- Quiet Lunch in HollywoodladydVIPDined on 8/1/2014Public Kitchen and bar has become a go-to for quiet business lunches. The food is great, though the service, a little lacking. This summer, the beet and buratta salad has been a stand out. Great cocktails on the Lunch Menu as well.
- Great food, not great serviceCathiVIPDined on 7/29/2014I've eaten at 25 Degrees and the bar many times but this was my first time at Public. The food was really good - had steak & frites - and the drinks were excellent. What was lacking was the service. The server didn't come back to check on me after I had my entree. I was never offered dessert and I had to flag her down to get my check. I'll give it another try and hope for better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool AmbianceAdSmithVIPDined on 7/28/2014Great space, good menu, nice service. Great place to chow.Special Features:
- Great brunch..... once again!studiolibDined on 7/27/2014This was our second brunch experience at Public Kitchen and Bar located in the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. The food choices and bottomless mimosas were fantastic. One of our favorite things was the Bloody Mary cart. This wasn't included in our brunch price but was well worth the extra dollars to make our own custom creation. The service was wonderful. Thank you very much to the staff. We will definitely be back. What a find!Special Features:
- When in doubt, go to Public KitchenChampaVIPDined on 7/25/2014I love Public Kitchen, it is my go to spot for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jannetteDined on 7/20/2014Had a very relaxing brunch with friends would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchHikerValVIPDined on 7/20/2014Enjoyed the Sunday brunch with optional bottomless mimosas. Good assortment of fresh fruits, pastries, and breakfast items, especially the maple syrup bacon. The small kale salad offering was great. The made to order omelets were unexpectedly delicious - I got mine with sautéed onions, cheddar and spinach, and my boyfriend also enjoyed his (tomatoes, ham and cheddar). Mini pastries nicely ended the meal. Attentive service, well stocked food trays, and attention to the champagne glasses was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Wasn't That GoodmichaelDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I love to go to brunches all over town and so we decided to try this place. We were very disappointed. It's very expensive and the worst brunch we've ever been to. There were very little food choices. Because of the price being so high, we expected an outstanding spread with many food options. Instead there was only one little area with food. Most good brunches have a carving station with two to three meats, not here. I do not recommend this place for brunch. There are many other great places with many fabulous food options for half the price.
- DinnerPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great burgers. Very mosit and flavorful. The steak was also good. Restaurant was on the warm side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 316 reviews are from the Public Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.
- noise levelBirthdayGirlDined on 6/29/2014The acoustics are poor in the building so the noise level was too high. It was difficult to have a conversation. The buffet was simple and in good taste. The selection of food was not overwhelming. They continued to bring new food as it began to run out. It was all delicious.Special Features:
- Modern comfort American bistroNieighborhoodPlaceDined on 6/15/2014Modern French bistro fare updated with farm to table ingredients and world flavors. Excellent, interesting, comfortable ambience and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant & Tasty!JANDiZDined on 6/15/2014The hostess couldn't have been kinder! Was a darling- she did everything in her power to make us feel like gods- she had an awesome cuff tatoo too! We ate brunch on Sunday- no rush no fuss and they set up 3 large flats screens in the lobby to watch the World Cup so we ate on a large leather sofa inder their 30 foot ceiling- you could hear the lively DJ from the pool and patrons in swimsuits bopped in and out - it was a fun atmosphere but not loud or obnoxious. Food was filling- we had the unlimited brunch buffet which came w a build your own omelette- it was the highlight of my husbands hard weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Classy and CozyWhiteappleDined on 6/11/2014There's really not a bad spot inside Public Kitchen. We chose the garden tables so we could talk and observe the bar scene from a distance, and it was so comfortable that we got lost in the conversation. There was a quiet moment when we tasted the duck and looked at each other in bliss. The energy is just right and the wait staff checks in appropriately. A real joy, thanks Public Kitchen.Special Features:
- Splendid, As AlwaysodinthorDined on 6/3/2014Delicious food, well presented, with attentive and sensitive service (never otherwise here). This time, I started with an heirloom tomato mélange, moving on to pork loin with sweet potato, and ending with passion fruit cheesecake, all to the highest standards. This was my third-in-a-row dinner here (previous, and outstanding, entrees: breast of duck and swordfish; previous starters/salads: kale salad and beet salad, both excellent), and each meal has been memorable. The first time no bread was served, which I take it is the normal state of things at this establishment; the second time I ordered Parker House rolls, served (to my surprise) as an appetizer; this time the server spontaneously offered some tasty rolls with my entrée. Great!Special Features:
- As Always, Splendid!odinthorDined on 6/1/2014In short: Delicious gourmet food served by knowledgeable, personable, and attentive wait staff in an open, casual atmosphere. I will always look forward to my dining experiences at PK&B!Special Features:
- Great Bday BrunchAshleySDined on 6/1/2014The office staff was great at making our reservations, and accommodating our large party. The food was great, but not many options. The dessert bar was excellent, with bite size options. There isn't an omelet bar, but they can make you an omelet. They offer 5-6 add in options for the omelet, and you get to choose 3. For what they offer the brunch is a lil pricey, but the ambiance was great, and the birthday girl had a great time. I wouldn't come here again with a large group, unless they guaranteed I had a server who wouldn't ignore us the majority of the time because she was guaranteed a large tip or maybe over worked. She definitely did not earn it, and I hope she shared it with the rest of the staff who was assisting us.Special Features:
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014Their bone marrow butter new york steak took the attention of everyone at the table. Delish! Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Nice atmosphere, great food, good selection reasonable price.Special Features:
- WORSE SERVICE EVER!!!!luvgoodtimesDined on 5/18/2014Once the hostess sat us down our waitress came to fill our glasses with champagne and orange juice and never saw her again. I had to asked the waiter helping the table next to us if we could have more champagne and how can we give the cook our omelet request. We observed the table next to us (group of 4) how wonderful their service was and I could not help feeling envies and angry of the lack of service to our table. I left wondering if perhaps we were being discriminated due to our color of our skin, age, or ????? I even had to asked another waiter to give us our check. I left our waiter $2 tip (making a statement) She came back to our table and asked why, I said "if you do not know than you need more training" WILL NEVER GO BACK!
- Hollywood GemLamegoSteveDined on 5/16/2014The kitchen at Public Kitchen has really begun to turn out great food. Fine dining fare and dessert can be found here along with a great service team. French influence without losing California sensibilities...really tasty dishes! Try the duck...you wont be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, while it was thereTx1234Dined on 4/29/2014Food was great, server took two dishes from our party before they were done eating, without asking if they were done. This killed the meal. Hoping it is unique to that waitress and not a trait shared by all staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality meats, but theMissMDined on 4/13/2014Good quality meats, but the sides need a little work. Parker house rolls were tasty, but they are $5.00 not free as in some restaurants. A nice place to eat in Hollywood, inside a beautiful old Hollywood hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2014not a memorable meal at all. Not terrible, just not memorable in the least. 4 people did perfectly fine, service was fine but I never got the sense that they really knew anything about the food and were just making random suggestions to sell product. You could do way worse with restaurants but I forgot this place as soon as I left.
- Nice place, good foodAdSmithVIPDined on 4/8/2014The place is beautiful and a landmark. The food and service was good, not spectacular but certainly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Noise level was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Noise level was extremely loud due to a conference in the lobby.Special Features:
- Special OccasionPatBDined on 4/2/2014We were celebrating the engagement and birthdays of my son and his fiancé before attending a concert at the Dolby. I chose the restaurant because it was convenient and didn't expect the food to be that great, but it was outstanding! Everything the four of us ordered was delicious. Two of us had the cod and it melted in your mouth; and two had the duck and they both raved about how tender and delicious it was. We also had the burrata and roasted tomato appetizer and scraped the bowl clean, it was so good. The desserts looked great, but we had to leave to catch our concert so next time we will get there earlier to be sure we can have dessert. Waiter was friendly and helpful in making our meal choices. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Super mixed!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/1/2014The hostess was GREAT!!! The building is classic... Our waitress was horrible... We both ordered the steaks, filet and NY, it was NOT, I repeat NOT, prime or even close to "prime" meat... I a meat eater from Mastro's-BH to Lugers-Brooklyn.. This was not prime meat!!! Since we both had different cuts, I can say they don't serve prime beef... But our apps the mussels and kale salad were great...