Public House - National Harbor
199 Fleet Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Public House - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.publichousenationalharbor.com/
- Phone: 2404936120x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 8:00am - 2:00am
Friday: 8:00am - 3:00am
Saturday: 8:00am - 3:00am
Sunday 8:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Amend
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Public House National Harbor offers a separate catering menu and open bar packages. Contact Lisa Cascone at email@example.com or 240.493.6120 for happy hour and private event inquiries!
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Monday-Friday, 3pm-7pm
Karaoke on Tuesdays from 9pm-2am
Wine Down Wednesdays with 1/2 priced bottles of select wines and Surf & Turf special
DJ Friday and Saturday 10pm-Close
A word from Public House - National Harbor
Since opening its first restaurant in April of 2005, the Public House continues to strive to be a leader in the bar and restaurant industry. Public House currently encompasses restaurants in Philadelphia, New York, and National Harbor, MD. Public House's mission is to provide a consistent and quality product, while at the same time, a sophisticated and fun atmosphere to our guests. We are your neighborhood restaurant and bar with a nightlife scene. We believe that our guests should feel at home when they join us. We strive to provide an experience second to none in the hopes that they will find their way back home again. Whether it is lunch, happy hour, dinner or a late night party that you seek, Public House is a venue that can meet your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Public House - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Public House - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (15)good for groups (15)late-night find (15)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (12)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (7)romantic (6)scenic view (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Food was mediocre at bestPollardOBrainDined on 8/20/2014We had dinner at Public House before seeing a Cirque du Soleil show. Being Wednesday it was their "three taco" night. Of the three, only one actually tasted good and that was the pork taco. The chicken taco was bland and the beef was so tough we had to tear it using teeth and fingers. The service was very good and the Rum Punch was pretty good. Surprisingly our dinner cost almost $90! The quality does not deserve such a high price.
- Good, not greatDCDinerDined on 8/19/2014It was good, not great. Food was mediocre, very greasy, though we only tried wings, cheesesteak springroll, fries, and chicken sandwiches. Their house beer was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Public House-National Harbor's BestjpzakDined on 8/19/2014We've been to the Public House before using Open Table. Every time we're able to be seated at, what we consider, the best table in the house. The service is always excellent but this time we were served our main course right after our appetizer came out. We asked them to take it back, keep it warm, but not overdone which the waiter did. When the main course was served to us, it was excellent. I had the Shrimp Creole and Grits. My husband had the Public House Burger. We would order both again in a heartbeat. The burger was done to perfection and to the wellness which was requested. The only complaint we have is the noise level. It seemed more frenetic around the bar which is central to the restaurant. Despite that, we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than pub foodAlexandriaLocalDined on 8/18/2014Higher-end food than you'd expect to find in what appears to be a vibrant pub. Great outdoor seating, complete with fire pits!Special Features:
- MehMrsHendyDined on 8/17/2014We went here for brunch because they had a good looking menu for brunch, much better than other restaurants nearby. I'm glad we made a reservation because apparently they had a 25 minute wait. Service was okay - our server didn't check in very often which kept us waiting, and the food was just okay as well - the aioli that they put on the sandwich was gross - lacked flavor and wasn't much special, and the fries were lukewarm. After ordering, meal came out in about 5 min. I was annoyed that when I ordered decaf coffee it was a big deal, and then when she refilled it she put in regular. The place was okay - nothing special and really not worth the price. Probably won't be returning anytime, nor would I recommend it.Special Features:
- Slow, slow, slowBrittles0110Dined on 8/16/2014Slow service, slow kitchen. The menu was very basic without much variety to offer, so the 55+ minute wait for 2 burgers and 1 shrimp n grits, no exaggeration this was timed, was unacceptable. While our server was polite, he was also a little slow. He did come over about 15 minutes before our food was actually served and apologized, but it was still another 15 minutes of waiting. One plus, he did instinctively split our check - that was a nice touch. Restaurants on a Saturday night should expect to be hit pretty hard - our reservation was at 8:30pm. Not every table was full, there was a decent crowd. I did enjoy the music playlist. This place would probably be fun to watch a game at, only if the speed of service improved exponentially.Special Features:
- 4 shrimp for 24 bucksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014and where was the grits? The rest of my party orders sandwiches and salads which were fine and plentiful...and a lot cheaper. The shrimp were not very large and not even a half a cup of grits. Stick to the sandwiches and salads. Note the Portabella sandwich does not mention muchrooms in the ingredients (although the name of the sandwich should give it away). With the large choice of restaurants in National Harbor, I think we'll go elsewhere.
- FitzDined on 8/9/2014Extremely poor service. Waiter delivered the wrong entree twice. Waitress was rude and non responsive. My steak was mostly fat and very tough. Will not be coming back
- ClaudeClaudeDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed our meal at the Public House. The food and service were very good. Crab cakes were outstanding.Special Features:
- Fresh Crab!JenniferVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had the Crab and Corn Fritters - omg, so amazing. I even took an order home because they were THAT good. Also had the crabcakes - 80% crab to 20% filler (if not more crab!) - those were outstanding too! Drinks were creative but not my favorite. The service was wonderful, very friendly and personable. Our waiter even gave us some suggestions for walking around National Harbor after dinner. We would definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- Poor Service - Just so so foodLisa818Dined on 8/3/2014Waited over an hours for 2 pieces of french toast with fruit - did not even come with what is was supposed to - bad management never really apologized or did anything to make it right - won't be back or I bet countless others who waited longer
- poor serviceKhowardDined on 8/3/2014Over priced, poor service, and average food. Went to Sunday brunch. Waitress forgot the appetizers, never brought ketchup asked for twice, never checked on our table once food came. Kitchen staff needs training on egg cooking. Over easy eggs cooked with broken yolk. Best was corn crabmeat hush puppy that came on the house after the manager checked on us. House Bloody Mary mix also very good. I think they should stick to being local watering hole & leave food prep to another. staff seemed to have right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing problem. table next to us waited & waited on food & when it came, was the wrong thing completely. They walked out. I'd suggest the manager put up a help wanted sign for a new staff. He needs it!
- Good dinner, questionable clienteleRyanVIPDined on 8/2/2014I had a good dinner here, I was just a little taken aback by the clientele - kids running around, certain groups being obnoxious. Our server was not very pleasant, but was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014Visited the National Harbor and dined at the Public House. The hostess and servers were great and added to the overall experience. They seated me outside and the service coverage was excellent for outside dining. The food met expectations and I'd go return on a future visit.
- Loud and LimitedKuleszKommentsDined on 7/12/2014It was extremely loud. Even squeezed into a "cozy" booth it was difficult to carry on a conversation. The menu was pretty limited. Really did not enjoy the food much. I know that it is a tough time- summer, national harbor, lots of conventions....but.....it was just uncomfortable. Will not likely return.
- Expensive and NoisyDougDined on 7/12/2014We arrived on time, but they didn't realize at first that there was a reservation. They sat us outside at a table for four which was fine since indoors was very loud. However, they didn't ask beforehand where we would prefer to sit. It just worked out. Outdoors, you're essentially on the sidewalk separated by a barrier, but passers by are right next to you, and the traffic noise was constant. Waiter was great, but had a hard time hearing him. Lots of young people on motorbikes revving their engines. Menu was a simple one page but expensive especially when the meal arrived. I ordered the 2 jumbo lump crabcake dinner for $32. Crabcakes looked about 10oz or less each and were not all jumbo lump. In retrospect, I would not go back.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014I was disappointed with the food and prices. A fly joined us for lunch.Special Features:
- therapy143VIPDined on 7/3/2014The spot at the National Harbor!!!!! I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend eating here. I live at the National Harbor and have tried every restaurant, this is the best by far.Special Features:
- lunch with an old friendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Drink service was slow but food service was prompt. Nice ambience for lunch with friends but not a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor diningbarroskeDined on 6/23/2014While attending a conference I ate dinner here, sitting outside. Shrimp and grits were ok, but needed salt. My dining partner had the ribeye which she enjoyed, but it also needed salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, but priceybernie1Dined on 6/21/2014Good service, everyone enjoyed their meals. The prices are a bit high; had a shrimp and grits dinner that was $29 and came with only four shrimp. Tasty, but not too much on the plate. Great for a casual outdoor lunch, not sure I would go back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alright, nothing specialeatsaroundDined on 6/21/2014Public House is a decent place to eat at the National Harbor. There was really nothing of note during our lunch, nothing that really 'wow'ed us. Our waitress was so-so and had to be called back to our table to take our drink order, my crab cake burger was bland (they definitely need to add more spice/Old Bay to it), and our booth table was a bit too small. My son loved the fact the fries came in a mini 'fryer' basket (and the fries were good), but again, overall....meh. The prices were a bit on the high side as well. I'd recommend Public House, but there are also a ton of other places with, I feel, better food and service. Cadillac Ranch is right across the street and I've never had bad service/food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSugabeeDined on 6/18/2014Great atmosphere and the food was really good. Very nice spot for a "girls night out".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a few issues.TRichDined on 6/15/2014I met a few friends there and we had a good time. The food was very good and we really enjoyed the space (both inside and outside). We ended up choosing to sit outside but wish they had told us that we would be sitting by the gate that staff goes in and out of, and they move people in wheelchairs and strollers through. Not a huge issue, but distracting and the response was "we don't usually have a table there." So it took away from the experience to say the least.Special Features:
- DisappointedBlackhawkDined on 6/15/2014After an excellent breakfast experience at the Public House, we returned with out of town guests for weekend brunch and were disappointed. My heuvos rancheros were very dry and bland tasting. Multiple dishes were cold and had to be returned to the kitchen for heating. Dishes looked and tasted like they had been prepared and then forgotten about as they cooled. On top of this, the waiters could not remember who ordered what dish -- even among different tables. All of this was a surprise, as I said before we had previously had an excellent experience in both service and food.
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Loved the atmosphere and our waiter, Ger (sp) was great however, our food took a little while longer than expected and was cold. Otherwise, love the atmosphere--upbeat and fun--great place for the girlfriends to hang out for a night out on the townSpecial Features:
- Great food and customer serviceMouzyRayDined on 6/13/2014We ate here on our first visit to the National Harbor. The restaurant was crowded and extremely noisy, but there was an impromptu proposal that was pretty exciting. The only issue we had was our food took over 30 minutes to came out. However, we were compensated because the manager noticed and our meal was on the house, dessert and all. Once we received our food, it was very delicious! We will definitely visit this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfastiLiketoEatDined on 6/8/2014I came here for breakfast with family friends who were visiting from out of town (one of whom lived in the area previously). Only one of us had visited Public House before, but as one of the few restaurants available for breakfast that day, we stopped by. Though a relatively small breakfast menu, we enjoyed our options. The service was great. We originally ordered the steak eggrolls as an appetizer but we were told they were out. Darn. Well as soon as they were able to make some, our server came back to let us know and see if we were still interested. Yes! (there are four, so good, but $12?!) The french toast is great. The side cheese grits are too ... grity/thick or our liking. But all in all, we enjoyed it and I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Good burgersBillVIPDined on 6/7/2014First trip to National Harbor, which is teeming with restaurants. Picked out Public House as a good burger place and was not disappointed. The food is good, the beer and wine lists are good and reasonably priced. The place has a bar vibe, but there are outdoor seating areas and a seating area away from the bar suitable for any occasion. We were there during the Belmont Stakes, and the noise and enthusiasm during the face added to the experience.Special Features:
- DCFanVIPDined on 6/1/2014Public House is in a great location right in the middle of National Harbor....the food was very good and the service was good....I recommend the Public House for a Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchRSteinfeldDined on 6/1/2014The Sunday Brunch menu was great and offered a variety of items. The French Toast, which the Waiter warned was smaller than one may expect, it is four pieces, but you may want to add a side if you are really hungry. Otherwise the outdoor seating and food tasted great with very attentive service. We would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomevojoDined on 5/23/2014Sevice and staff were wonderful, I took my mom here for her Birthday Brunch/Lunch she enjoyed the Maryland Crab Cake sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food...Happening PlaceDocBVIPDined on 5/16/2014Public House was a great find! Right across from the Gaylord Hotel, Public House is convenient for both visitors and area residents. The food was well prepared, and well presented. The portions were generous, the flavors were bold and balanced, and the prices reasonable. The service was first-rate. I would definitely eat there again, and recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Great Food DiversityAnneMarieDined on 5/11/2014We went to Public House recently because we were considering it for an informal pre-wedding family dinner. Since it was very crowded on a beautiful late afternoon, the restaurant folks may have believed we thought service was slow because they apologized a few times with updates on our appetizers/entrees. We thought service was perfect because we sat outside and were in no hurry. Loved that we could order the salads as wraps if we preferred. Also loved that there were formal entrees along with the wraps and sandwiches. The folks working at Public House were very pleasant and did a great job even though the place was packed. We are definitely going to have our pre-wedding family dinner in the back room of the Public House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice first experienceWildatheartu2Dined on 5/11/2014My mother and sisters went to Public House for Mother's Day, though they had run out of free roses by the time we arrived it didn't hurt the experience at all. We had a very nice young waiter, named Darrell who was very knowledgeable of the menu and gave very nice recommendations. Our food was hot and very favorful. The drinks were pretty good as well. I would surely recommend the Public House to friends and am looking for forward to visiting again myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchAnneandSteveDined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day Brunch. The weather was beautiful and we were able to be seated outdoors. Our waiter was fantastic and the food was excellent. It was a truly enjoyable experience. Would definitely return next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day settingjamieDined on 5/11/2014Came here because we hadn't been to national harbor. Brunch was good service was great, outdoor seating was comfortable. Prices were very reasonable. Highly recommend coming here. Plenty to do afterwards.Special Features:
- Quiet for lunchBurgerandabeerVIPDined on 5/6/2014Had a productive lunch business meeting, crabcake sandwich was excellent; the accompanying salad was a bit overflowing. Stopped by late at night on Saturday, much busier and ended up eating across the street. Nice outdoor seating on Fleet Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big dissapointmentWDCGuyDined on 5/5/2014Way overpriced and really just ok food. Slow service and too loud.
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014Public House was a great venue for food, fun, and laughs. I had a great time.Special Features: