Public House Logan Square
2 Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Public House Logan Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.publichousephilly.com/
- Phone: 2155879040x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday
11am until 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Justin Robertson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering available customized to your desires.
- Private Party Facilities: The Public Houses private or semi-private space from 45 guests seated to 150 guests standing
- Private Party Contact: Janine DiTonno 215 587 9040x
A word from Public House Logan Square
Do it in Public! Conveniently located downtown near Suburban Station & Rittenhouse Square, Public House blends great food, fine spirits & good times. Public House boasts a sophisticated, yet unassuming crowd, spacious bar, private lounge & separate dining area featuring classic American cuisine in our relaxed atmosphere. Public House is the perfect place for a power lunch, a quiet dinner for two, or to socialize & unwind after work. For the sports fan, large HDTV plasma screens broadcast the big games. Private parties, large groups & special events are welcome, with private dining & event space available. Serving lunch and dinner. Catering services and take-out available upon request. Welcome to our house... Public House!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Public House Logan Square reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Happy Hour SpotluvveggiesDined on 7/1/2014There is a wide variety of food and it taste great! The bbq veggie burger is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a business lunchHungry1Dined on 6/12/2014I selected this restaurant for a quiet lunch/meeting and wasn't disappointed. Service was very professional. I had requested a substitution (switching spinach for the kale in the kale salad) and the waitress had no issues accommodating my request. We did not have to wait long for our entrees or the check. I will definitely be a return client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014I was surprised it was so quiet - I had been there the night before, and had to shout to make myself heard. This night there were mostly empty tables. Even though there were only a few tables occupied, the service was lacking.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Public House Logan Square reviews archive.
- It was "ok"GloriaNVIPDined on 5/3/2014We weren't sure if the service was extremely slow because of the server or the kitchen -- but the place was empty and it took a very long time to get our meal. We even waited a good 15 minutes for a glass of wine! It was also noisy in there -- with the TV volume cranked up, even though the place was pretty empty at that time. When the food arrived, it was delicious, but hardly makes up for the other shortfalls.Special Features:
- nothing veganbariVIPDined on 5/3/2014poor. stay away. nothing vegan. no healthy choices on menu. belch.
- Public HouseglennrDined on 4/26/2014Fun atmosphere for casual dining; the service was very good, but unfortunately my hamburger was overcooked.
- Great LunchDlibbyDined on 4/5/2014Excellent food, wait staff, and surroundings. Highly recommend for an afternoon lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All doors were locked at 12:10.PAfcsVIPDined on 3/30/2014All doors were locked at 12:10. Although we could see people eating inside and we had a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday after Franklin InstituteGBogleDined on 3/23/2014Our family had a birthday party at the Franklin Institute one Sunday afternoon. It was a nice day and a group of us decided to go out afterwards. We had 14 in our party and the Public House had no problem fitting us in and handling us with excellent service. We were able to watch the NCAA while the kids continued their fun. It was great for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and easy but had to sitLeticiaDined on 3/6/2014Fast and easy but had to sit by the door... very coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealPhillyPhilDined on 2/21/2014I took 3 visiting Chinese co-workers here, and we enjoyed our meal very much. The waitress was helpful, and assisted my co-workers in navigating the menu as their English skills are limited. The price was reasonable for the location too; it came out to about $50 per person with tip which is pretty good for an upscale restaurant in Center City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Lunch SpotMareVIPDined on 1/28/2014Good (not great) local spot for lunch and bar activity. The staff is very friendly. Public House somehow never get to the Very Good or Outstanding ratings in my book.
- Restaurant WeekKk07Dined on 1/26/2014We selected Public House from the Restaurant Week website. It was pretty dead for dinner on a Sunday night, although having not looked at the location prior, it's not in a very hopping area either I would say. The menu looked good online, but turned out to be just ok and wasn't really worth the $35 restaurant week pricing. My dessert tasted like it had came frozen in a plastic bag. Overall given the number of great restaurants in Philly, it was pretty sub-par and we will most likely not return.
- Convenient Locationseuss516Dined on 1/24/2014The location was very convenient and the building is great. It was restaurant week and there $35 menu was great. My husband's meal was fantastic. Unfortunately my delivered meal wasn't what I had ordered so, while good, it wasn't what I had hoped for. Service was very slow. I'd recommend and would visit again - knowing what to expect.Special Features:
- It is definitely not the same!pickyeaterDined on 1/13/2014Don't know if there is a new chef or something else going on but portions were a lot smaller than the more than adequate meal that we were used to at the Public House. The quality was still there but not the size in fact the burger looked to be about half the size of what it once was. Very disappointed but stuck because it is the closest restaurant to my office for a lunch meeting. I was a frequent diner but will not walk the additional block or two for something more substantial.Special Features:
- For the MarathonMaedchen77Dined on 11/16/2013We went to the Public House because it was on the recommendations list for the Philadelphia Marathon and fixed price carbo-load meals. The food was terrific. It was pretty quiet the night before. The next day we went back for lunch post-Marathon and it was super energetic. It was tough to get a seat at the bar, but we did and had a terrific lunch. They don't have an incredible beer selection, but the food and atmosphere make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally fine for pub diningCurlzDined on 11/16/2013I didn't go to Public House expecting anything spectacular, but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find a nicer looking spot than I anticipated. Food was fine; it's basically elevated pub food--I had a very good burger, but others noted that their dishes were drowning in sauce or butter, and a few had issues with ingredients that weren't listed on the menu. Nothing unmanageable, but when you hate peppers and find that the bean salad is full of red peppers, it detracts from the dish. We were a large group and went for an early dinner, but as we left I saw that they had stanchions set up and a guy with an earpiece out front. My guess is this place is full of college students by 9-10pm on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was good. Although veryMareVIPDined on 11/7/2013Lunch was good. Although very convenient to my office, it's not my go-to place for meals. The service is generally very good as it was on this particular visit, but the food is average at best.
- Great Preshow Dinner SpotCookCookBluesDined on 9/25/2013I have dined here about a half dozen times in the past including work luncheons and recommended that my friend and I enjoy a preshow dinner recently.We were pleased with the beer selection and happy hour prices. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the selections when my friend asked for an IPA ale. I had the meatloaf over mashed sweet potatoes with peas. It was delicious. My friend used the Restaurant Week menu and ordered lamb sliders, scallops and panecotta. He remarked that all were spectacular. After a bite of scallop, I agree. I would order them the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for happy hour, bad for dinnerTigresSKSVIPDined on 8/30/2013Service and food were fine; however, it was completely dead at 7:45PM on a Friday night. Apparently it's good for happy hour, bad for dinner--by "bad for dinner" I mean if you don't want to dine in an almost empty restaurant.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourgrammomsandyDined on 6/6/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Public House was recommended by friends whose opinion we trust. The food was very good and the service was fine. A bit too noisy for our taste, but the bar crowd is very active accounting for that noise level. We could carry on a conversation so it didn't inhibit that part of our experience. We would recommend Public House to other friends visiting Phila.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Food was pretty good. A little pricey. There is no kids menu. $9 for chicken fingers is a little much. It is a place that is more for adults.Special Features:
- Painfully Slow ServiceRJS123VIPDined on 3/13/2013I had a business meeting there and was so disappointed. The people that I met with had to go back to work and couldn't finish there meal b/c the service was so slow. The food was fine but we couldn't order appetizers b/c of the length of time it took for them to come over to our table.
- Good food but very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/2/2013Good food but very slow service and they were out of two items my group wanted to order. Food was good once it finally came though and great drink selectionSpecial Features:
- Food was decent, wasn't allSidney5101VIPDined on 2/27/2013Food was decent, wasn't all that expensive, and the service was top notch. Was a little loud for my liking however, and would not recommend it if you wish to facilitate a conversation over dinner.Special Features:
- Service is killing this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/8/2013Service needs to improve or they should just keep the bar open and close the place. ordered a salad first and they brought my entree right after the salad came out. asked them to send it back to keep warm and 3 min later it came back out and again sent it back and complained with no apoligizes from anyone, will not return its a shame use to be good
- Had this been my first timeOutoftownerDined on 1/27/2013Had this been my first time there, it would probably have been my last as well. It took a long time to have the first drink served because they had to find the key to the liquor cabinet. Drinks were not served as described - lemon twists are different from orange rings. They were out of a number of liquors as well. Then, the manager took a steak back to the kitchen that was done as requested (rare) but cold on the outside and brought back the SAME STEAK. The manager tried to make things right but even that fell short. We have eaten here a dozen times and this is our only "bad" experience. We will give them another try the next time we are in Philly.
- Perfect for good food & companyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/24/2013Good service. It was Restaurant week and their selection was delicious. Calamari is great but their sauces need tweaking. Cowboy steak was HUGE but delicious. Banana bread pudding topped with vanilla ice cream was perfect. Hostess and waitress were super nice and attentive. Couldn't be happier. Thank you!Special Features:
- I've been to the Public HouseTrishGDined on 1/16/2013I've been to the Public House for Lunch and Happy Hour a few times. I always like the food and this time I especially like the option of having my usual salad selection made into a wrap.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/11/2013I arrived at 4:30p and stood a the hostess station for 15 minutes and not one person addressed me or seated me at a table. I just went picked a curved table and waited for my companions to join me. This place has turned in to a great place to have a drink with noisy crowed spilling in every direction from the bar. My burger was simple delicious and only overshadowed by the over worked bar staffed in tight black clothing. Who were too busy to check the hobbit hole under the bar for sweet vermouth to make one of signature drinks Times Square. I will stay away for a while.
- There was nothing specialJR123Dined on 1/5/2013There was nothing special that would make me want to come again. The upholstery in the booth was patched with vinyl tape. Reminded me of an old Eat-N-Park restaurant from 40 years ago.Special Features:
- Bad choicesvcc612Dined on 12/19/2012Would not recommend for anything more than drinks.Special Features:
- My go-to spot for a business lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012I've never been disappointed with a meal or service at Public House!Special Features:
- The restaurant served a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2012The restaurant served a good environment for a lunch meeting. It was not too loud. But it did take quite a while starting with being asked for drinks; we actually had to ask the waitress to order drinks. Then it took about 7 mins for drinks to come. We asked for a min to look over the menu which took about another 10 mins for us to place the order which the food didn't come out for probably for another 20 mins. Not to mention the restaurant ran out of available steak so I had to change my order. Overall lunch took an hour & 40 mins which is way too long for the average hour lunch and we did not even order dessert. I hope if I ever decide to dine here again it does not take as long.Special Features:
- Jumbalya was great. CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Jumbalya was great. Crab cakes were fishy and they didn't have the cole slaw that was supposed to come with it . Felt it was overpriced.Special Features:
- Great clean, modern space.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2012Great clean, modern space. The service was fast and attentive and the food was delicious. A great spot for a lunch meeting.Special Features:
- We visited Public House aftergailVIPDined on 6/3/2012We visited Public House after visiting the Barnes Foundation. It was perfect for the four of us. Good food, good service. No one complained. Nice.Special Features:
- The turkey and brie sandwichBobbieVIPDined on 5/24/2012The turkey and brie sandwich was delish and the accompanying salad was very good. We had a server in training, which left much to be desired. We had a reservation, but it still took 10 minutes to be seated. I don't believe our server knew our table was hers, so again we sat for 15 minutes. I asked a server if she could find our server and she was with that person. We placed our order and the next time we saw her was when we asked for our check.
- Late Sunday supperNJDJSDined on 5/20/2012It was a late Sunday night 930 pm when we had a late supper two burgers. The food was good the bartender was our server. There was no one there to check us in on Open Table The service was good as well. It took a while to get the bugers but they were good. Will go again, but not as late on a Sunday Yhe place was almost empty,Special Features:
- Worth a visit!Banks1423Dined on 5/11/2012Enjoyed the food. Great place to see a game. Lots of activity during happy hour. Well situated.Special Features: