Public House at The Venetian
3355 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
Gastro PubPrice: $31 to $50
Public House at The Venetian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.publichouselv.com/
- Phone: 7024075310x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm; DInner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Anthony Meidenbauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Booking available for both private and semi-private events.
Fine dining options available for receptions, dinners, both corporate and social events.
Customizable menus and service options such as Sommelier/Cicerone Services, tastings, and pairings.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Coldwell 7028662158x
- Entertainment: DJ on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Public House at The Venetian
Public House offers guests a different experience as a gastropub-like venue featuring an extensive whiskey, beer, and wine program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Public House at The Venetian reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)special occasion (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Spectaculargot2goeatsDined on 9/9/2014Expecting so-so and pleasantly surprised by the quality of food…and service for lunch especially.Special Features:
- great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014I highly recommend The Public House. Great food and wonderful service. It's a bit on the pricier side, but well worth the money. I recommend the short rib. Amazing flavor and so tender it will fall apart with just the pressure of your fork. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!HuskernutDined on 8/21/2014Try the duck poutine as it is awesome! Various entrees in our group and everyone said they were great and it was served by an awesome waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexPAtoNVDined on 8/18/2014Public House was great! They had amazing appetizers and the service was great. Perfect for a quick bite if you have appointments, etc. in the hotels.Special Features:
- Best porkchop in the worldthembobDined on 8/17/2014It was a special, but should be on the menu. Epic.Special Features:
- It was a great SundayDerekDined on 8/16/2014We love a Sunday lunch and The Public House was great. The food was fresh and the service was perfect. We will be back to see the place on a Friday/Saturday Night.Special Features:
- Diappointing- big slide downhillMLSBVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our past experiences have been fantastic on recent trips to Public House. The food and service on our recent visit was poor to fair. Although the restaurant was not terribly full it took quite some time for us to even get our waiter's attention. We never did receive drink menus from him. I had to track them down myself. My husband's rocks glass had a serious chip in the rim. My steak tartare was the worst I have ever had (the poached egg was congealed and the steak was completely bland and unremarkable) and my husbands steak was just "ok" as he put it. Maybe they were just having a poor night, but with so many other restaurants within the Venetian, we will not be rushing back.
- Food could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/29/2014half the food arrived lukewarm to cold. This place is trying too hard to have a creative menu. Nothing we ordered was outstanding. The food was just ok. The service was very good.
- Great experienceDallysdinning1Dined on 7/27/2014Our first experience dining at Public House was amazing! The food was great and service was prompt and courteous. I would definitely recommend trying this restaurant, I know I will be back again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner, private room17LLDined on 7/19/2014At 6:30 pm we searched open table for places with 8:30 pm reservations available for a group of 7, within walking distance. Public house came up and I've heard of it before so I made the reservation. We were seated in the small private dining room (seats ~8-10 I think?) which was great because we could close the door and shut out some of the noise. The food was incredible, we each ordered 1-2 appetizers, which was plenty for a group of women. Order the heirloom panzanella. Service was normal, no complaints, nothing above-and-beyond (no treats or even congratulations for the birthday girl), very quick to refill water. Ambiance: dark with lounge lighting, leather seats, marble tables. Total bill $50/person with wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Public HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Great food, quick and great service! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This was our second visit and once again they did not disappoint! The food is inventive and outstanding! Beer selection is great but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone marrow came out lateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2014Bone marrow app was served long after the mains. Hard to find your wait staff.
- Great menuGodmotherx5Dined on 6/29/2014The short ribs were recommended by our waiter & he was right. My boyfriend ordered a NY strip, which was good, but regretted not ordering the same entree. We were impressed by the iPad they presented us. The Public House uses it to display their vast list of drink option. Incredible. We enjoyed Redstone which was a sweet, mead type beer. We're hoping we can find it at home. Our only complaint was the music. The music did not seem to fit The Public House theme & it felt too loud for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMattDined on 6/14/2014I had the bone marrow and scallops. The marrow was good. The scallops were cooked properly but were too salty for my taste. Wife had the salmon, it was tasty. Overall good food and wait staff was very attentive. Good beer and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for serious businessQuailEggDined on 6/10/2014Good place to unwind with very solid food choices. Poutine is amazing. I don't recommend for a business meeting unless you get a private room. Too loud in the lounge and eating dinner on a couch is not comfortable. Service was great, though the attire was a bit revealing for my taste at a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for Beer Loverscapt1190Dined on 6/9/2014This place is a must visit for all beer lovers. They have tons of taps and tons of bottled beer. The beer menu is extensive. We have a great dinner there as well. The food was great. The staff was very knowledgeable on the beer as wellSpecial Features:
- The following 205 reviews are from the Public House at The Venetian reviews archive.
- DisappointedLvlocal24Dined on 5/17/2014I have been looking forward to trying this restaurant for awhile now but in the end I was disappointed. My chicken was dry, the onion rings that came with my boyfriends short ribs weren't crispy and the chocolate dessert was so-so. I expected higher prices because it is on the strip but I don't feel like I got my months worth. The silver lining, the service was very good. Our waitress was very attentive and when they brought the wrong entree out for my boyfriend he received the correct one very quickly. Unless someone else is paying for the dinner I won't be returning though.
- AlrightairhiverDined on 4/30/2014Huge beer selection - needs more expandable menu. Service was prompt, order was made wrong.
- DavidMTDDined on 4/29/2014Manager very helpful, we ate their 4 times during the IMPACT conference and it was always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSoCraftyDined on 4/16/2014Waiter knew very little of menu, needed to read descriptions off of note cards. Poor guy was unprepared, not his fault... The beer was great, sculpin IPA, but at its highest price, a pint should be 7 dollars.... At public house, 10 bux... Food was less than great... We will never go back, but you may give it a shot... Who knows, even a broken clock is right twice a day!Special Features:
- Amazing mealLVFoodieDined on 4/4/2014The meal my wife and I had on our recent business trip was fantastic. We ordered a few appetizers, a couple of drinks, and a few entrees, and everything was absolutely perfect. The service was superb. That was the best meal that I have had in Vegas to date!Special Features:
- Great food and beer. Too loud.NjdrummerboyDined on 4/3/2014Delicious food and awesome selection of beer (though disappointing that some beers on the menu we're not available). Waiter was knowledgable and engaging. Biggest problem here is the noise....just too damn loud. Lost my voice trying to shout at my table mates 3 feet away.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencejwyattgreeneDined on 3/13/2014My husband and I decided to try lunch here after hearing about their vast beer offerings. He was very happy with his Belgian beer flight and was able to receive a sample of one of their newest in-house offerings We both ordered sandwiches which were not only delicious (particularly the prime rib) but were extremely generous portions. Our server allowed us to take as long as we needed while choosing our selections and was very helpful. I would absolutely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencePapaNovDined on 3/9/2014Extremely high quality food preparation -- better than we expected from an upscale pub. Very attentive service, but not aggressive. Interesting selection of beers on tap. Nice ambiance, particularly considering it is inside a mall. This was the best overall dining experience our group of six -- two fifty-somethings and four twenty-somethings -- had in Vegas, and all of our dining experiences there were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.LilMissPickyDined on 3/8/2014We were really excited about trying this restaurant. Upon arrival we were seated quickly and then found out they didn't have our favorite beer anymore. It was explained to us that Shiner no longer made it. Umm, not true. Starting with wings: they were good but very messy. Dinner: Hubby had a burger and I had short ribs. Burger was okay and the ribs tasted like pot roast but the carrot puree was very good. Overall, I wasn't impressed. Our server was very nice but being crammed into a small section next to another full table in a room of empty seats was not our idea of comfort. We were in Vegas for the weekend celebrating our 18th anniversary and they did bring out ice cream for the occasion. Very nice gesture but it didn't save this meal.
- overpriced and too few beerscheffromageDined on 3/7/2014Food is good but vegas-expensive. The list of draft beers would embarrass any self-respecting brew pub in Cleveland. But if your idea of exotic beer is Sam Adams, or Guinness, or some half-hopped "IPA", this might be the place for you.
- lunch with the guysDaleDined on 3/5/2014Reserved table for convention meeting with the guys. Wanted more the everyday bar food, yet casual with a touch of class. Beer choices wowed everyone. This place had it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager was greatVegasbabyDined on 3/3/2014I took some important business clients here for a more casual but upscale casual dining experience Our server was arrogant, and my steak was very overdone. By the time my corrected Order came back, my entire party was finished with their meals. HOWEVER, the manager Came to the table to make amends for the mishaps on the service/meal. He was very gracious And did comp. my meal and actually took care of our table the rest of the evening. The rest of Our group said the food was good.
- Great food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/2/2014Food and service were excellent. It was very loud in the restaurant. Fortunately, there were 8 of us and we had a very nice private room which was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apparently a place for guysBethDined on 2/23/2014Went for dinner on a weekday. Food was great. Shortribs and burger were a hit. Pate was a little weird in that it was very sweet instead of savory. The bar was full, and the dining room was half full. I was one of only two women in the entire restaurant not including any of the staff. Definitely appeals to the male demographic. Also, when the bar is full with standing room only they tend to spill into the dining room, so if you end up in the first booth on a busy night it's loud and you end up with people standing near you.Special Features:
- Amazing!lmw00Dined on 2/22/2014We chose to check out this place for dinner, never been there but looked pretty good and we wanted to enjoy some good beers. I was surprised to see they had a cask beer on that was something delicious like they would actually serve in a cask from england. We're from CA so only see IPAs out here on cask :) It made my night for sure, plus all four of us enjoyed our meals more than anywhere else the whole trip, the quality of the food and genuine service was fabulous! We will definitely be back each trip there from here on out :) And hopefully earlier in the day next time so we're not so full and can eat and drink more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Dining- A bit priceymxguru2003Dined on 2/14/2014Our reservation was at 7:00 pm. We were promptly seated. The service is impeccable. I ordered an octopus appetizer which was highly overcooked, very rubbery, although the taste was very good. I was quickly given another appetizer. I also ordered the pork belly and clams. It was a good dish however for the price it is not worth it. My wife ordered salmon which was also a good dish but again in my opinion overpriced. They were not the type of dishes you dream about and can't wait to eat again. It appears to be a great place to join your friends in the lounge area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FiletNelsbamDined on 2/14/2014Our reservation was for 7:00 pm. We had our choice of sitting in the front or back of the restaurant. We declined on the front, which is where the bar is. It can be quite loud depending on the clientele. The back of the restaurant proved to be the better choice if you're looking for a semi-quiet atmosphere. Our waiter was friendly and quick to take our orders? We both ordered the filet, which was excellently seasoned and cooked to perfection. We also ordered a side of the lobster mac & cheese. While the flavor was good, it was a bit dry. I don't think tortellini noodles should be used for mac & cheese. The portions are small for the price, but don't expect to eat at a nice restaurant in The Venetian for a minimal cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was good but not greatBohemianaDined on 2/12/2014We first went to the Public House 2 yrs and we were excited to finally come back to it. We started with the marrow and it was pretty good but for $15 you only get one 6" bone with four pieces of toast--over priced in my opinion. It came with bacon marmalade, which overpowered the delicate flavor of the marrow IMO. I ordered poutine last time and did again but it wasn't nearly as good as I remembered it. The fries were over cooked, the duck was dry and the gravy was the same flavor as the bacon marmalade used for both the marrow and on the burger. My husband was happy with the burger but it wasn't fantastic. I did a FourSquare check in and got a free draft beer. I'm glad I didn't pay for because it was pretty similar to Bud Light.
- Girls night in VegasStPauliGirlDined on 2/9/2014I was a bit disappointed at how dead it was on Sunday night in the Venetian especially considering the fact that I had limited time slots on Open Table. The food was great and a bit adventurous which is fun for a night out away from home. Some in the party struggled with the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot in VegasteachingwellVIPDined on 2/3/2014Where do you go for craft beer and perfectly-cooked, grass-fed meat in Vegas? Public House! I go every time I'm in Vegas, and it is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great gastropub with uniqueDuaneVIPDined on 1/29/2014great gastropub with unique and delicious food that pairs well with the robust selection of craft beers and wine.Special Features:
- Great Craft Beer SelectionNateDined on 1/26/2014What I like the most about the Public House is the access to great craft beers and micro-brews. If you are seeking to enjoy a good beer, and aren't sure what to try, the bartenders at Public House have a great knowledge and will pair you with a beer to fit your taste. Some of the dishes were unique, but I enjoyed the food. I drink good beer here more often than I dine, but overall I think this is a good find in the midst of the usual casino restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hamburgers!VisitorDined on 1/15/2014Really great beer menu! Restaurant is centrally located to convention activities. Very busy, so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.