Public House at The Venetian
3355 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
Gastro PubPrice: $31 to $50
Public House at The Venetian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.publichouselv.com/
- Phone: 7024075310x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm; DInner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Anthony Meidenbauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Booking available for both private and semi-private events.
Fine dining options available for receptions, dinners, both corporate and social events.
Customizable menus and service options such as Sommelier/Cicerone Services, tastings, and pairings.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Coldwell 7028662158x
- Entertainment: DJ on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Public House at The Venetian
Public House offers guests a different experience as a gastropub-like venue featuring an extensive whiskey, beer, and wine program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Public House at The Venetian reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- First TimerPeteDined on 10/18/2014The Lamb meat balls were excellent. Was disappointed in the steak tartar. All the main courses were solid and good.Special Features:
- Good, Not GreatFinnbarDined on 10/12/2014Went to Public House to check out their food and beer menus based on their online menus. Didn't have the beers I was hoping to try from the menu, but that happens. The food was ok, not great. The bacon marmalade with the bone marrow wasn't as good as I expected it. The Caesar salad with pig ears were good and the burger was also pretty good.
- DeliciousTEERDined on 10/2/2014Everything was delicious and the server was friendly, informative and on top of things.Special Features:
- SW828SW828Dined on 9/30/2014Made a reservation for lunch @ 12:30pm during G2E @ Venetian and glad I did - the place was SWAMPED!!! Our party was not able to arrive at the same time, due to the conference & Public House would not sit us without the entire group being present. So we had to change the reservation & juggle the seats a bit. OpenTable should mention any requirements made by the restaurant, when making the reservation. The hostess seemed a bit overwhelmed and not very friendly. And service was less than so-so: we had to flag down the wait staff as they were very slow getting to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers, great beerSwampYankeeDined on 9/28/2014Great burgers, love the Poutine with Chicken Confit and the Flight of Beers was a treat. A bit pricey, but good.
- Great night outluvgoddess702Dined on 9/27/2014I went expecting a loud pub setting, but found a nice restaurant. The service was great. We had a wonderful server named Tommy who was very attentive to our needs. I had the chance to try a couple of new cocktails from thwir creative menu. The food was full of flavor. My New York Strip was greatly enjoyed. My guests and I savored every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with great service.matineeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very nice, informal dinner. Nice change after a couple of high end dinners. Food was excellent, bartenders were great and table service was top notch.
- HappyNorthernLightsDined on 9/17/2014Food was awesome, staff was very friendly and informative about menu. Great selection of brews. Would go there again and again!Special Features:
- Spectaculargot2goeatsDined on 9/9/2014Expecting so-so and pleasantly surprised by the quality of food…and service for lunch especially.Special Features:
- great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014I highly recommend The Public House. Great food and wonderful service. It's a bit on the pricier side, but well worth the money. I recommend the short rib. Amazing flavor and so tender it will fall apart with just the pressure of your fork. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!HuskernutDined on 8/21/2014Try the duck poutine as it is awesome! Various entrees in our group and everyone said they were great and it was served by an awesome waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexPAtoNVDined on 8/18/2014Public House was great! They had amazing appetizers and the service was great. Perfect for a quick bite if you have appointments, etc. in the hotels.Special Features:
- Best porkchop in the worldthembobDined on 8/17/2014It was a special, but should be on the menu. Epic.Special Features:
- It was a great SundayDerekVIPDined on 8/16/2014We love a Sunday lunch and The Public House was great. The food was fresh and the service was perfect. We will be back to see the place on a Friday/Saturday Night.Special Features:
- Great service!Renee6278Dined on 8/12/2014Our wait staff was great & the signage found in & outside the restrooms were very entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diappointing- big slide downhillMLSBVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our past experiences have been fantastic on recent trips to Public House. The food and service on our recent visit was poor to fair. Although the restaurant was not terribly full it took quite some time for us to even get our waiter's attention. We never did receive drink menus from him. I had to track them down myself. My husband's rocks glass had a serious chip in the rim. My steak tartare was the worst I have ever had (the poached egg was congealed and the steak was completely bland and unremarkable) and my husbands steak was just "ok" as he put it. Maybe they were just having a poor night, but with so many other restaurants within the Venetian, we will not be rushing back.
- Food could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/29/2014half the food arrived lukewarm to cold. This place is trying too hard to have a creative menu. Nothing we ordered was outstanding. The food was just ok. The service was very good.
- Great experienceDallysdinning1Dined on 7/27/2014Our first experience dining at Public House was amazing! The food was great and service was prompt and courteous. I would definitely recommend trying this restaurant, I know I will be back again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner, private room17LLDined on 7/19/2014At 6:30 pm we searched open table for places with 8:30 pm reservations available for a group of 7, within walking distance. Public house came up and I've heard of it before so I made the reservation. We were seated in the small private dining room (seats ~8-10 I think?) which was great because we could close the door and shut out some of the noise. The food was incredible, we each ordered 1-2 appetizers, which was plenty for a group of women. Order the heirloom panzanella. Service was normal, no complaints, nothing above-and-beyond (no treats or even congratulations for the birthday girl), very quick to refill water. Ambiance: dark with lounge lighting, leather seats, marble tables. Total bill $50/person with wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Public HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Great food, quick and great service! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This was our second visit and once again they did not disappoint! The food is inventive and outstanding! Beer selection is great but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone marrow came out lateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2014Bone marrow app was served long after the mains. Hard to find your wait staff.
- Great menuGodmotherx5Dined on 6/29/2014The short ribs were recommended by our waiter & he was right. My boyfriend ordered a NY strip, which was good, but regretted not ordering the same entree. We were impressed by the iPad they presented us. The Public House uses it to display their vast list of drink option. Incredible. We enjoyed Redstone which was a sweet, mead type beer. We're hoping we can find it at home. Our only complaint was the music. The music did not seem to fit The Public House theme & it felt too loud for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 208 reviews are from the Public House at The Venetian reviews archive.
- GoodMattDined on 6/14/2014I had the bone marrow and scallops. The marrow was good. The scallops were cooked properly but were too salty for my taste. Wife had the salmon, it was tasty. Overall good food and wait staff was very attentive. Good beer and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for serious businessQuailEggDined on 6/10/2014Good place to unwind with very solid food choices. Poutine is amazing. I don't recommend for a business meeting unless you get a private room. Too loud in the lounge and eating dinner on a couch is not comfortable. Service was great, though the attire was a bit revealing for my taste at a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for Beer Loverscapt1190Dined on 6/9/2014This place is a must visit for all beer lovers. They have tons of taps and tons of bottled beer. The beer menu is extensive. We have a great dinner there as well. The food was great. The staff was very knowledgeable on the beer as wellSpecial Features:
- DisappointedLvlocal24Dined on 5/17/2014I have been looking forward to trying this restaurant for awhile now but in the end I was disappointed. My chicken was dry, the onion rings that came with my boyfriends short ribs weren't crispy and the chocolate dessert was so-so. I expected higher prices because it is on the strip but I don't feel like I got my months worth. The silver lining, the service was very good. Our waitress was very attentive and when they brought the wrong entree out for my boyfriend he received the correct one very quickly. Unless someone else is paying for the dinner I won't be returning though.
- AlrightairhiverDined on 4/30/2014Huge beer selection - needs more expandable menu. Service was prompt, order was made wrong.
- DavidMTDDined on 4/29/2014Manager very helpful, we ate their 4 times during the IMPACT conference and it was always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSoCraftyDined on 4/16/2014Waiter knew very little of menu, needed to read descriptions off of note cards. Poor guy was unprepared, not his fault... The beer was great, sculpin IPA, but at its highest price, a pint should be 7 dollars.... At public house, 10 bux... Food was less than great... We will never go back, but you may give it a shot... Who knows, even a broken clock is right twice a day!Special Features:
- Amazing mealLVFoodieDined on 4/4/2014The meal my wife and I had on our recent business trip was fantastic. We ordered a few appetizers, a couple of drinks, and a few entrees, and everything was absolutely perfect. The service was superb. That was the best meal that I have had in Vegas to date!Special Features:
- Great food and beer. Too loud.NjdrummerboyDined on 4/3/2014Delicious food and awesome selection of beer (though disappointing that some beers on the menu we're not available). Waiter was knowledgable and engaging. Biggest problem here is the noise....just too damn loud. Lost my voice trying to shout at my table mates 3 feet away.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencejwyattgreeneDined on 3/13/2014My husband and I decided to try lunch here after hearing about their vast beer offerings. He was very happy with his Belgian beer flight and was able to receive a sample of one of their newest in-house offerings We both ordered sandwiches which were not only delicious (particularly the prime rib) but were extremely generous portions. Our server allowed us to take as long as we needed while choosing our selections and was very helpful. I would absolutely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencePapaNovDined on 3/9/2014Extremely high quality food preparation -- better than we expected from an upscale pub. Very attentive service, but not aggressive. Interesting selection of beers on tap. Nice ambiance, particularly considering it is inside a mall. This was the best overall dining experience our group of six -- two fifty-somethings and four twenty-somethings -- had in Vegas, and all of our dining experiences there were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.LilMissPickyDined on 3/8/2014We were really excited about trying this restaurant. Upon arrival we were seated quickly and then found out they didn't have our favorite beer anymore. It was explained to us that Shiner no longer made it. Umm, not true. Starting with wings: they were good but very messy. Dinner: Hubby had a burger and I had short ribs. Burger was okay and the ribs tasted like pot roast but the carrot puree was very good. Overall, I wasn't impressed. Our server was very nice but being crammed into a small section next to another full table in a room of empty seats was not our idea of comfort. We were in Vegas for the weekend celebrating our 18th anniversary and they did bring out ice cream for the occasion. Very nice gesture but it didn't save this meal.
- overpriced and too few beerscheffromageDined on 3/7/2014Food is good but vegas-expensive. The list of draft beers would embarrass any self-respecting brew pub in Cleveland. But if your idea of exotic beer is Sam Adams, or Guinness, or some half-hopped "IPA", this might be the place for you.
- lunch with the guysDaleDined on 3/5/2014Reserved table for convention meeting with the guys. Wanted more the everyday bar food, yet casual with a touch of class. Beer choices wowed everyone. This place had it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager was greatVegasbabyDined on 3/3/2014I took some important business clients here for a more casual but upscale casual dining experience Our server was arrogant, and my steak was very overdone. By the time my corrected Order came back, my entire party was finished with their meals. HOWEVER, the manager Came to the table to make amends for the mishaps on the service/meal. He was very gracious And did comp. my meal and actually took care of our table the rest of the evening. The rest of Our group said the food was good.
- Great food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/2/2014Food and service were excellent. It was very loud in the restaurant. Fortunately, there were 8 of us and we had a very nice private room which was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apparently a place for guysBethDined on 2/23/2014Went for dinner on a weekday. Food was great. Shortribs and burger were a hit. Pate was a little weird in that it was very sweet instead of savory. The bar was full, and the dining room was half full. I was one of only two women in the entire restaurant not including any of the staff. Definitely appeals to the male demographic. Also, when the bar is full with standing room only they tend to spill into the dining room, so if you end up in the first booth on a busy night it's loud and you end up with people standing near you.Special Features: