Public House 49
49 East Main Street
Patchogue, NY 11772Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Public House 49
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.publichouse49.com/
- Phone: (631) 569-2767
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering menus for all occasions, both on and off premises.
- Entertainment: Public House 49 offers live acoustic every Friday from 5:30 - 8:30.DJ every Friday and Saturday night starting at 11 P.M.
A word from Public House 49
Public House 49 puts a modern day spin on the cookie cutter standard of a restaurant. Located in the heart of Patchogue’s Main Street, Public House 49 exceeds the highest expectations of the “public” with its eclectic American cuisine, handcrafted cocktails and its warmly inviting atmosphere. The multifaceted menu will entice food lovers of all kinds, for each and every item on the menu, spanning from bacon infused popcorn to the maple glazed pork shank has its own unique and bold flavor combinations. Yet, most importantly Public House 49 prides themselves on using only local farm fresh ingredients as a way to not only support the community, but in order to ensure unrivaled freshness and flavor in every bite. So please come and indulge in all that Public House 49 has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Public House 49 reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- very loud and difficult to hold a conversation.oneofthreeDined on 11/15/2014food presentation was ok, with some of the veggies/ potatoes cold and soggySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatslive2eatDined on 11/5/2014We went for restaurant week. The selections we great.Special Features:
- Pre theatre diningPhilDined on 10/18/2014We decided to try this place for the first time because they offered a discount to the nearby theatre ticket holders. When we went to the area serving dinner, in a room adjacent to the noisy bar, we were surprised that this room was very noisy too. The metal ceiling, which looks great, is probably part of the problem, in addition to the bare walls. It seemed like all the people there were yelling! Not a romantic dinner, for sure. The food was just ok. We would not recommend this place, although the service was good, and we did get to the theatre in plenty of time.Special Features:
- Excellent food but loud!BentBikerDined on 10/18/2014The hamburger and grilled cheese dishes were perfectly prepared. The noise level was extreme and made it difficult to converse with my date.Special Features:
- Great food straight thru dessert!Wendy322Dined on 10/11/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant and would highly recommend. They sat us at the front window which was enjoyable, we got to people watch on a busy Saturday evening. The food was excellent! Fried calamari to start, sauce had a nice bite to it which made this dish different from other places. Onto the steak sandwich, cooked exactly as requested and General Tao's chicken, from the special's menu-delicious! Dessert was the Ring Ding which was out of this world good! Having that for my main course next time! Yum! Service wasn't exceptional but it wasn't bad either, he was sufficiently attentive. When leaving, we were shocked to find a PACKED bar area...you would never have known this from the sound level in the restaurant. Sound is well contained!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staggered Service and Uneven FoodGolfpatDined on 8/17/2014We were 8 people. The plates came out 3 or 4 at a time. They were not even warm when they arrived. One of our group received his main course when everyone else was finished. The Mac and cheese appetizer was tasty, but cold. The lettuce wedge was very good. My chicken schnitzel was like a piece of leather. The accompanying vegetables were hard as a rock like they had been microwaved too long. My mashed potatoes were cold and hard around the edges. The molten chocolate cake with vanilla gelato was the hottest and most delicious part of the meal.Special Features:
- showdinershowdinerDined on 8/15/2014Great restaurant spot before show at the Patchogue Theater. Food was very good, big portions and good service. Would go back.Special Features:
- Excellent menuKathyDined on 8/9/2014I reserved on open table and the receptionist was very friendly and accommodating. We were seated promptly and received wonderful service. Food was excellent. Had a wonderful time. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Public House 49 reviews archive.
- Unexpected SurpriseJoCatDined on 7/26/2014I had never been to the Public House. This past Saturday evening my wife and I along with another couple were on our way to another local restaurant. When we arrived we were told it would be a 2 hour wait for dinner. I quickly looked up other resturants on Open Table and Public House popped up. With almost no wait. With great trepidation we decided to give it a shot. I must say the bar area was quite loud, however within 10 mins we were escorted to the dining area by a very polite hostess and the noise level there was very acceptable. The server was happy and prompt, the appetizers would have been enough for dinner and were delicious. The main course was amazing. The night could have been a bust however, we all left saying we would be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patchogue NYC Pub/RestaurantellihuschVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great location-atmosphere is NYC style-Open rafters-bar on one side divided by what appears to be huge garage doors with a door within through which you enter the restaurant from the divided bar area(Outstanding design!!) we sat by the window (removable/retractable for outside eating area) The service was excellent-friendly/timely. My Burger was the Best (Cooked to order-perfectly) ordered additional topping of mushrooms -YUM!! Roasted chicken was cooked to perfection/Delicious-recommend/would revisitSpecial Features:
- Great for Dinner and a ShowJimmyODined on 7/12/2014Located just feet from the Patchogue Theater, this is a great spot to eat before a show (or after if attending a matinee) The dining room is comfortable and interesting, the menu is varied with terrific choices where everyone can find something from tasty burgers to elegant entrees. The kids menu is simple (as most are) but our 8 and 9 year olds enjoyed their meals thoroughly. Drink menu was good as was the beer selection. Overall a great place to enjoy the up and coming Patchogue Main street scene!Special Features:
- good bar eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/11/2014Nice place.. Bartenders were nice as well.. Must get meatball flat bread its incredible..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightbczengelDined on 6/20/2014Awesome music, great food. I had the continental burger, she had the cheeses teak, both were delicious. The music was so good we asked to be moved closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 49CiroDined on 5/24/2014Good food. Way too noisy. Service was good limited menu.Special Features:
- Parking aside....JeanvaljeanDined on 5/10/2014Great, friendly service. Food was great, drinks were great as well. Parking sucks, but that's true of any place in Patchogue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bradbradDined on 5/6/2014early evening not crowded so took high table in bar area. very pleasant and prompt service we drank wine and are from small plate menu. Overall good but wine list needs expansion and improvement in quality level they seem to focus more on wide beer choice. Prices very good especially at happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!doopyluvDined on 5/2/2014Had a great dinner here. The only negative were the rolls, but that's hardly a negative- just means more room for their delicious food!Special Features:
- one of my favorite placeslauracDined on 5/1/2014they have the best food, always something different and the service is always great! I love to either sit at the bar for appetizers and dinner or with a group in the dining area.. TerrificSpecial Features:
- Great patchougue restaurantLuvtoeatVIPDined on 4/12/2014Perfect place before a show! Good variety menu! All delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.Foodie1234Dined on 4/5/2014My boyfriend and I are very picky with our food and we loved everything we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialhappyeaterDined on 3/29/2014We were looking forward to trying a new restaurant for us, Public House 49. It didn't quite meet our expectations. Service was ok, but a patron should never be left with out a drink. The taste of the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't hot. I have a pet peeve with salad that has been premade. Our Caesar salad bowl was served in a very cold bowl and it was over dressed. I felt it was over priced also.
- Love this placeELJwhDined on 3/28/2014Public House 49 is a great place to come for fun, good food and good drinks. It offers a varied menu and prices from reasonable to more upscale. We had the wings with sweet chili sauce which were great! The sauce was just enough and not too sweet. It could have been a little spicier, though. I had short ribs over polenta, which, while not quite hot enough, was still delicious. Like fancy comfort food. My date had the grilled cheese sandwich, a deceptively simple name for a meal that included field greens, great cheese, fresh tomatoes, and delicious toasted bread. The service was friendly and attentive, cheerful with a good sense of humor. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place has potentialRobert1995VIPDined on 3/4/2014It's a great place good ideas on the menu but the food is plain chief needs a new spice rackSpecial Features:
- Welcoming staff and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Welcoming staff and great service the food was presented beautifully. Atmosphere was relaxing and interesting.Special Features:
- Will Go AgainStevek01Dined on 2/22/2014Went for a pre-show dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Service was terrific, a good server with a great sense of humor. There were four of us, each with a different meal, all were prepared exactly as ordered. The service/delivery was well paced, we were relaxed, not rushed and made it to the theater exactly on time. Interestingly, with all restaurants in Patchogue, the show headliner was in the same restaurant Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMumblesDined on 2/14/2014Very talented Chef Me and my wife have eating here many times. The food is so good and there not afraid to change the menu like some other restaraunts and everything they make comes out great. The place has great servers my one drawback at times is the music I like live music but sometimes it's to loud.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and thejennyjuopsDined on 2/8/2014Food was excellent and the service was fantastic. Parking is a pain in the neck though....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for going to showTessaDined on 12/27/2013The food is very average. It is good if you are going to the theater down the street. You park once and walk a half a block The staff is very friendly. The restaurant is nice . They welcome children.The wine glasses are very smallI would recommend this to a friend.
- There was a problem in thebabsDined on 12/24/2013There was a problem in the kitchen with orders-- but waitress and management kept us updated- apologized frequently which made the wait more tolerable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a partyJredstangVIPDined on 11/23/2013Had a 30th Birthday here in November 2013 and food was great, service was good too. Table for the group of 12 was placed in the back by the bar and then we stayed around for the after party and the DJ. Tons of fun had by allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food; Not OK ServiceGolfpatDined on 11/16/2013We had a 6 o'clock reservation. We had concert tickets for 8 o'clock. We informed our waiter. He said it was no problem. Our main courses arrived at the table at 7:30. The manager comped us one dessert for the table. We made the concert, but would have liked to be a but more relaxed. The food was good enough, but we were not happy with the service at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!!HelsVuDined on 11/9/2013Our waitress was pleasant and attentive. We were a group of 4. We started with wing pops - very good, margarita pizza - good, and the macaroni and cheese - excellent. Two of us got the short ribs - very good, one got the salmon - was excellent. And one got the chicken in cacciatore sauce it was better than average but compared to our other dishes it paled. Dessert - their version of a ring ding was delicious. This was my second visit and it was a first for the other couple - we would all come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunUrsfoodsDined on 10/18/2013Loved the energetic feel and outdoor seating, the restaurant had an open feel and there was a nice breeze coming through...very trendy place with a good bar scene as well. Seating was very comfortable, I liked the semi round booth style seating. I ordered a burger and although I ordered it medium, it was well done, no pink in the middle at all. I would come here again but more so for the atmosphere than the food.Special Features:
- A+BeckcoDined on 8/24/2013First time diner and I'm glad I came. The pork nachos are a must! I had the bass special it was cooked to perfection! My drinks were great, reasonable prices. My server was friendly and attentive. Overall it was a great experience. Will be in my recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great food! I hadMsteinbergDined on 8/20/2013Overall great food! I had the organic green salad with shrimp and my husband had the continental burger, you can't ask more from a burger. Service was great. Will be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodravioliDined on 8/18/2013Food was mediocre. Fried calamari was all breading and pasta was way overpriced. Server was cordial, but did not clear table properly and brought no napkins with dessert.
- A little bit of everythingFoodieDined on 8/17/2013Great ambience, great food, and just enough going on to keep your conversation going:) we sat on the restaurant side so it was quieter. the tuna was exceptional and I was surprised at how much my friends and I liked the very salad!Special Features:
- Bad ChoicesnotfussyDined on 8/10/2013The steak, which was perhaps the priciest item on the menu, was almost inedible....so tough. The Thai Rice dish was described as being mildly spicey...we had to send it back. Our mouths were on fire! The staff was courteous and obliging.
- Not Good ExperienceMieliDined on 8/2/2013There were six of us, drinks were made awful from the bar. Our waitress was not friendly at all! One of our dinners was burnt! And it took forever to get our food! Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone !
- Wonderful surprisedelishDined on 7/31/2013This place is just as good and beautiful as Pera Bell a couple doors down. Great food. Good service. Best Mac 'n Cheese on Long Island! We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.