3120 Lakeville Hwy
Petaluma, CA 94954Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pubrepublicusa.com/
- Phone: 7077829090
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music weekly. Check our music calendar at http://www.pubrepublicusa.com/calendar
A word from Pub Republic
Urban pub cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Pub Republic - Best Restaurants in Petaluma ›
Pub Republic reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (17)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Perfect for Brunch, Football & FunJKSonomaDined on 10/12/2014Great location, beautiful space - perfect location for some Sunday morning football.Special Features:
- Consistently goodSmonteDined on 10/6/2014I've been here four times and have had a positive experience each time. Food is tasty and the staff are helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodunclestuDined on 9/6/2014The service was excellent and the Monk burger was delicious. I had the house salad on the side which was full of fresh veges and had a nice light flavorful dressing. My son got the kids chicken strip meal with a side salad. The strips were hand battered and very flavorful. We will be back to try the chicken dinner very soon.Special Features:
- Well DonejdrookeDined on 9/5/2014We have really enjoyed our experiences at Pub Republic. The mussels and the calamari appetizers are absolutely delicious. This time, my husband and I had pork belly for dinner and it was succulent, tender and had outstanding flavor. My son had the fish and chips (adult portion) and ate it up! My English husband said it was spot on. They were very accommodating for my Mom who is older and tiny - she told the waiter she knew she couldn't eat a full meal and he nicely offered to let her order off the kids menu, which was just perfect for her! The beer menu was great as well. Dessert was offered, but after such sumptuous meals, we couldn't even think about it. These guys know how to provide a nice, affordable, fun place to go!Special Features:
- Go, enjoylivesonomaDined on 9/5/2014Always good food. Very nice patio dining which is dog friendly. Food has always been great, extensive beer selection with local beers included. Service has always been excellent.Special Features:
- luv2eatLuv2eatDined on 8/31/2014Great place to get together with friends. Casual and comfortable. Had the brick chicken which comes on a bed of brussel sprouts hash! so good!Special Features:
- luvtodineDined on 8/21/2014Very surprised.. Thought it would be pub food, but one of the best salads I've ever had.Special Features:
- DelishDebbieDinerDined on 8/19/2014I have been here many times with friends or family, and have had a good experience each time. So when my boss came into town, he asked me to make a reservation for lunch for the Corporate Office. I chose Pub Republic. Everyone loved it! I always have the Arugula salad with pistachios when I go there. It is delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMichelleVIPDined on 8/13/2014The service and food is always great!!! One of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Stone Smokey Porter on Tap!AmandaDined on 8/9/2014LOVE that beer. I just had it at the Stone Brewery in San Diego last week and when I saw it on the beer list I knew I had to go to this place. In addition to an awesome beer, my salmon was perfect! I asked for it as rare as possible and I got just that. It was even better than many of the salmon dishes I have had in Sonoma. Will definitely return here!Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We went to dinner with a larger group and had a really great time. The food was very good and the service was attentive. This was my first visit to the restaurant and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a delicious, fun mealkn502Dined on 8/8/2014We are never disappointed when dining at Pub Republic. From the service to the food, it just shines.Special Features:
- Perfect for kidsKNSPDined on 8/7/2014We are so lucky to have Pub Republic in our neighborhood, the food is always really good and they kids are welcomed - they bring a snack of apples and carrots to the table, plus crayons and placemats they can color on. We don't have to sacrifice good food and service when we're dining with kids. On this particular visit, we had friends stopping in town for lunch as they drove back home to SoCal and we knew Pub Republic was the best choice since we had four adults and five kids aged 7 months to 6 years old. That's a real handful! The staff was great with the kids, the service was good, and everyone was really happy with their food. P.S. The Arugula & Pistachio Salad is soooo good and the Potato Nachos are a must!Special Features:
- Slow ServicepubcrawlDined on 8/1/2014We went for lunch with a group of 8. We ordered burgers and salads. Our food took an hour to arrive. The restaurant was not busy. This is not the first time the service was slow. We will not go there again for lunch.
- Rose to the occasion!GillbDined on 7/13/2014We found this spot while traveling for a soccer tournament. We had dinner one night and it was so good, we brought most of the team back the next day. It was a big group and they were able to seat all of us together. Service was a bit slow(only 1 waitress) but everyone pitched in to help from the hostess to bus boys. Food came quick for such a big group. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going through Petaluma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but mixed resultsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014Stopped by passing through town on way home after a long weekend at the coast. The Brussel sprout taco was odd and totally awsome! Specialty hamburger was not so special and needed seasoning. Same with fries, fresh, crisp, and under seasoned. A bit of salt would go a long way in the kitchen. The place was only about 2/3 full, but service was slow and quite unremarkable. Bring your own parking place, had to drive around the plaza in which it's located several times looking for a place, even on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK in a pinchederfan1Dined on 7/13/2014Service a little slipshod. One guest's meal was forgotten and delivered late. Quality of hollandaise left something to be desired. Would only return if location was convenient for our guests.
- Good food and relaxing setting.ScottWortmannVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had sliders at the bar while waiting on my family to arrive for lunch. Sliders were juicy and flavorful and the bartender as well as the rest of the staff were friendly and welcoming. Restaurant had a lot to offer with a large menu selection of both food and drinks. Looking forward to coming back for the happy hour and trying some more food. Also had several gluten free options on the drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dinnerfoodfancierDined on 7/2/2014The service was the best we have experienced in our memories. The meals were excellent and the roasted romaine salad will get me to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ninerninerDined on 6/30/2014Was on a Monday with the four of us. Food was good , service was good but the big problem was flys. I must of swat 6 away from me and I alot of flys were around the windows. Overal good but the flys were a problemSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Took some family members from out of town here for dinner for their first time and they really enjoyed it! I have been here for dinner and brunch before and will come back as the food and service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SpotSushiluvrDined on 6/28/2014Good food and beer selection, great waiters, overall a good spot.Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the Pub Republic reviews archive.
- Happy Hour + Pet Friendlyjnb5Dined on 6/15/2014This place has a pretty good happy hour (only on patio and inside stools), but you have to ask for the menu. The servers are a bit slow, don't usually know the specials, and never remember to ask if you want the happy hour menu (M-F 3-6). Some of the menu items are generic bar food, but others are real gems. The parmesan truffle fries and pub burger are great, but the fish and chips are a bit greasy and over priced. Overall the menu is kind of expensive, which is why I usually stick to happy hour menu items. They are great deals. I can bring my dog, sit at the patio enjoy a good beer and burger and the patio has a nice garden feel.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch!!JmbaVIPDined on 6/7/2014The Corned Beef Hash is a must! Great service and food. Outside dining is also great. Excellent beer selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a big hit with our partyluvsgudfudDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant was not as packed as I had expected, which was a good thing. We were seated immediately. The service throughout was quick and attentive. However, none of us were very impressed with the food. My Pub Burger (1/3 lb with caramelized onions, garlic aioli, and swiss) was just plain boring - the aioli was more like mayonnaise and the meat didn't seem to be seasoned at all. The fries were tasty, tho. My husband's pulled pork, which he has liked in the past, was also not up to par. I don't know if kitchen dynamics are changing, but I will probably stick to going there for music and drinks, and skip the meal.
- AlamodeDined on 6/3/2014As pub bar & grills go, this one is excellent! Love the brusselsprout tacos! Who would have thought of such a dish?Special Features:
- Worth the driveSonomaLocalDined on 5/18/2014We drove from Glen Ellen to eat here. We are pleased we did. Creative menu items, big servings and good beef used in the burger. We also had an order of calamari that was well prepared. Most pieces were tender and not heavy on the breading. Service was attentive without being over bearing. Did not try any beer this night. But next time will try the sampler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy brunch!APC12Dined on 5/11/2014We always eat lunch or dinner here and have been wanting to try the brunch. It was delish just as expected even on a holiday. We had reservations which was nice and we were promptly seated. After ordering, they brought out warm biscuits with butter and jam that tasted from scratch. The menu is the epitome of classic California brunch with lots of options for everyone including kids. The food was amazing and we somehow managed to eat everything!Special Features:
- mtdinersVIPDined on 5/10/2014don't order veggie sandwich... very disappointing! I would call it a sprout sandwich. atmosphere great, would return if in town again, but would order something else for sure!
- ExcellentFood4thoughtDined on 5/10/2014The food and atmosphere were great. Bread pudding was AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experienceLuv2eatVIPDined on 5/9/2014Much more than your run of the mill Pub. Upon arrival, our dinner party of 8 was seated immediately, the wait staff was attentive throughout the evening. Pro's excellent value for the proportions served. The Arugula Pistachio Salad was out of this world. The salad burst with sweetness from the fruit and also had an earthiness flavor from the roasted pistachios. The Guinness Braised Beef Shephard's pie was another of the entrees that hit the mark. The beef was so tender and flavorful! Loved the Blood Mary, Honey Saison and Drakes Amber beers on tap. Can't wait to go back for another meal.Special Features:
- Love the FoodpetalumadinerDined on 5/3/2014Pub Republic has a great menu. Though my family certainly has their favorite items, we've never had anything on the menu we didn't like. The bar side can be a bit noisy, so if you're out for a quieter gathering, request the other room. I do wish their dessert menu would expand a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet pub foodSmileyDined on 4/26/20141st I went was with office for a Christmas luncheon food was really great, went back and took my husband we both really enjoyed it and went back again with a group of 8 people! Food has been consistantly outstanding! From the burgers, salads, calamari,brick chicken,shepards pie! Not to mention the great selection of beers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Friday nightNoneck707Dined on 4/18/2014Took my future wife out and my cousin and his lady. And got seated imidiatley thanks to open table. We got priority over the three groups in front of us. Food was great. Beer was awesome. And had a great time. Even the other customers around us were happy and friendly! It was only our second time going but we will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night DinnerRoxy808Dined on 4/10/2014Great place to take the kids and have a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch at Pub Republic!MALNDined on 4/4/2014We had lunch on a Friday at Pub Republic. We were there just as it opened, so there were no crowds to contend with, though it did seem popular as time went on. The food was wonderful. Great burgers and a wonderful assortment of beers. The decor looks fabulously simple and clean. The bar is quite long and there is even a little patio. Will definitely return for more visits in the future. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2014This is a very casual restaurant. A really good beer selection, good food and good service. A really varied menu with lots of little plates and large plates if you are really hungry. We had brussel sprout tacos which were really good. The sprouts were grilled and served with avocado slices on tortillas. Delicious. Our friends had the Atlantic salmon and fish and chips respectively. They really enjoyed it. Our server was nice and attentive. Bonus: No corkage charge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Good ServicejmfeyDined on 3/31/2014Very helpful server, attentive and friendly. The food was quite good - we ordered the garlic fries with truffle oil and the calamari as appetizers; I had the Habanero chicken which was not too spicy - just right.Special Features:
- Yummy!!!ReggieRideDined on 3/29/2014The food was great. My husband and I both had hamburgers and they were delicious and made to order. Would definitely recommend to friends and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish the food was betterkellyDined on 3/23/2014Great setting, clean and wait staff freindly and attentive. Although, one of the bus boys had on way too much colonge. Thankfully, he only came by the table once. The bar was full and it looked like a great spot to have a drink. The food was good but not great. The fried chicken was a bit dry and the burger was overcooked. Like I said good but for the price, I would like better. Also had the pork belly taco for an appetizer. Cooked nice with good flavor but 12.99 for 2 medium sized tacos is overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.