Pub Burgundy Lion
2496, Notre Dame O
Montreal, QC H3J1N5Neighborhood:
BritishPrice: CAN$30 and under
Pub Burgundy Lion
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://burgundylion.com/
- Phone: (514) 934-0888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Jean-Francois Leduc
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: The Burgundy Lion has DJ"s Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 10pm playing a wide variety of rock music, from classic to electro. Sunday nights is live music night featuring some of Montreal's best rock acts.
- Cross Street: Charlevoix
- Public Transit: Burgundy Lion is located just around the corner from Lionel-Groulx metro station which serves both the orange and Green Metro Lines.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is always easy to find on the streets surrounding the Burgundy Lion.
A word from Pub Burgundy Lion
The word pub is derived from the term public house. A public house was traditionally a meeting spot that could serve as a center for the community as much as the local church. With Burgundy Lion, we immerse ourselves in the community and re-create that sense of comfort but with a modern twist. The concept behind the design and feel of Burgundy Lion is to blend a traditional British pub with a modern lounge bar and to offer a unique twist on British pub cuisine. Burgundy Lion is located in Little Burgundy, an old working class neighborhood in Montreal, steeped in history. Since the early 90"s, Little Burgundy has enjoyed a re-birth as young professionals are taking advantage of its renewed sense of community. Burgundy Lion is not a "traditional" pub by Montreal standards. It provides a higher quality product in food, drink, service, and ambiance than other Montreal pubs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pub Burgundy Lion - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Pub Burgundy Lion reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (17)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Bon gros déjeunerbolieuDined on 11/16/2014J'y suis allé en groupe. Bon service, bon déjeuner copieux; le full english breakfast était bien. J'ai moins aimé les fèves au lard ayant un goût trop prononcé de mélasse. Un endroit bruyant; ce qu'on pourrait s'attendre d'un pub. J'y retournerais pour le lunch ou bien le soir pour une bière.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BostonHurricaneDined on 11/13/2014Had a client lunch here. Menu selection was great and the food was quite good. Would go back no questions asked!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time in groupfreddayeDined on 11/8/2014I went here with 4 friends for brunch, it was very good and coffee refilled. I came back with a little family for lunch and again it was very good. We had a cosy corner and good meals. Good address. Entre amis ou en famille, très apprécié. Le service est très agréable et la nourriture est de qualité. À recommander!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going backSherwoodForestDined on 11/5/2014our group arrived a few minutes before 18:00 and we had a tight time line .... the staff were amazing - friendly/efficient/offered suggestions/asked our opinion (once food was inhaled... seriously!) reminds me of Dublin - the area is growing nicely but still has a "local" feeling thanks - i'll be back (terminator style) ooh and the food really was tastey ... loved the tomatoe soup and veggie samoa's (??) yummmmySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun BrunchDejanInDenverDined on 10/13/2014Scheduled a business brunch with a customer on Thanksgiving Day, and they were actually open. They had a lovely shortened Brunch menu, and lots of beverage choices in the Single Malt that we both enjoy. Friendly waitstaff, attention to our needs. Would go again!Special Features:
- Noise level: Energetic doesn't fitTaliskerDined on 9/24/2014It wasn't energetic but simply way too noisy! It wasn't energetic but simply way too noisy!It wasn't energetic but simply way too noisy!
- chased outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I know its Sunday brunch and busy but taking unfinished beer and food off the table and dropping the check on the table unprompted is a little over the top. Decided my next beer was somewhere else at that moment.
- great place for brunch!NathalieDined on 9/14/2014I tried the Burgundy Lion before for diner but it was the first time I tried it for brunch and it was awesome. Great and tasty food is offered! It changes from the classic eggs, bacon and potatoes! Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeJoeKingDined on 9/9/2014Nice dinner with my friend, food was very tasty and service was great. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Pub Burgundy Lion reviews archive.
- Noisy but very goodLuvfoodDined on 7/28/2014I went with my wife before Lionel Ritchie show at Centre Bell on a Monday night it was full but we liked the ambiance .the food ,service were excellent.we will go back for lunch next time and take more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected pleasureBethVIPDined on 7/9/2014The food was really good, the servers very friendly and helpful. Excitement was high as we were there during World Cup. Fun, good food, and really fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gintonicDined on 7/5/2014Nourriture très bonne, Important pour moi, accessible aux fauteuils roulants et bon acceuil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great English FoodMattDined on 6/23/2014Great restaurant off of Notre Dame street, terrasse is always packed so make reservations. Food pricing was fair for an upscale dinning experience but above all......I love their in house made beer!!!!! Try one a "Burgundy Pale Ale".....Hoorah for nice summer days...Special Features:
- Great experience for Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Great bruch, food was excellent, friendly service. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un vrai déjeuner anglaisMangerpourvoyagerDined on 6/15/2014Le seul endroit à Montréal que je connaisse où on vous sert le vrai déjeuner anglais. Des crumpets, bien sûr, mais aussi le bacon en bloc (et non en tranches), champignons, boudin, etc. Même le hareng fumé est disponible. Et quand il fait beau, une petite salle extérieure, entourée de 4 murs de briques, mais sans plafond, est illuminée par le soleil du matin et tous les convives y sont à l'abri du vent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great british foodyummyeaterDined on 6/10/2014Went to dinner with a friend who is a senior. I had roast beef, he had salmon. Both of us enjoyed our vegetables way too much! meals were great though not piping hot. Fun ambience, lots of action, found it too loud for our group. U don't want to propose here but the menu was fun and the food good. Fun energetic ambiance and the outdoor terasse looked really nice though we were seated indoors. I really liked the lemonade with vodka/limonchello. The Yorkshire pudding honestly was not like my grandmothers but the meal overall was yummy, strawberry rhubarb crumble was excellent. The cider isn't on the wine list but it's a good way to get a drink without spending a fortune!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchOmNomNomDined on 5/31/2014Brunch was great: the menu was varied and unique and the food itself was very tasty. Great decor and our waitress was very nice. My only complaint is that some of the staff seemed stressed and the beans were not great (too sweat and a bit too hard).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchEricDined on 5/28/2014I love the burgundy Lion for business lunches, always great food and great beers on tap. The staff is always smiling! Thanks again for a great lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports bar & restaurant, loud & funSusanVIPDined on 5/14/2014This is a classic sports pub with lots of fans, loud music and loud games. Service is good and they don't mind if you eat slowly while watching a game. It is VERY loud so bring your ear plugs if you don't like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good will return, but...VegucateDined on 5/7/2014Overall the food was great and our waitress was really nice. The place has great ambiance, an interesting menu, good beer and great selection of whisky. Fish and chips were great and so was the vegetarian samosa's and vegetable curry. However, something went wrong in the kitchen and our food never came, when I asked our waitress she went to check and although there was a mix up it was fixed really quickly. Without asking the bar paid our beers which was really nice of them to do. I would go back/recommend the place if you're in the neighborhood because despite the hiccup we still had a great evening :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service okay.TpoohDined on 3/23/2014We were there 20 minutes before we got a menu, and we only got it once we flagged someone down. The food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting BrunchRobmdDined on 3/9/2014There was some interesting fare for brunch such as blood sausage and very thick slabs of bacon, fat and all. This might not appeal to the typical brunch seeker. Mind you, I love all kinds of food and enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toujours égalnormandDined on 2/26/2014On sait qu'au Burgundy Lion il n'y aura pas de surprise désagréable. On y va pour retrouver l'atmosphère et la nourriture typiques de ce que l'on se remémore de certains restaurants et pubs de l'Angleterre et on n'est pas déçu. Le menu varie peu et c'est ce à quoi on s'attend et ce que l'on veut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2014While food may not be the most exquisite at the Burgundy Lion, I love going there because the service is great and the ambience is perfect for a casual afternoon or night out with friends. They have a great selection of drinks at decent prices, so there's for sure a drink for everyone. Food is slightly overpriced for what it is, so I would normally not go out of my way to have dinner there. As a bar though, it's one of my favourites in Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. I hadamiableDined on 2/9/2014The food was great. I had the bubble and squeak, and shared a colonel rabbit with mac and cheese as well as the strawberry rhubarb crumble. The rabbit was good but nothing too exceptional. The brunch was good, but also like any other brunch places. I really liked the warm and creamy strawberry rhubarb crumble though, was very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2014Had a lovely time and brunch was delicious! Great atmosphere and service!Special Features:
- Great spot!KVanAmDined on 1/29/2014Pub Burgundy Lion never disappoints! Great food, great beer & cocktail selection (small list but still something for everyone) and feels like an authentic British Pub. I would recommend this place to Anton for lunch, dinner, or just a fun evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but waiters madeJOG1Dined on 1/26/2014Great food but waiters made lots of mistakes taking orders, other mistakes trying to correct the latter, rushed to leave our table, took our plates twice under our nose when not finished. First time this happened, not sure will go back.Special Features:
- Une belle découverteLansiDined on 1/12/2014Le pub est une belle découverte. Moi et mon conjoint avons été charmés par le décors, la nourriture (votre bacon est exceptionel) et l'ambiance. Nous avons essayél le brunch du dimanche et nous nous promettons d'y retourner pour un lunch et aussi pour essayer la Terasse en été. Nous avons d'ailleurs réservé pour ce dimanche avec la famille. A bientôtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COLONIAL CURRY CHICKEN!YumsterDined on 1/5/2014AMAZING colonial curry chicken! Thats it! I never tried curry better than at this little British pub!!!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicehelaDined on 1/4/2014The staff were very accommodating for our birthday party group. They let us bring our own cake, and provided a knife, etc. However, the space felt a bit cramped for 7 people. Maybe because the restaurant was full when we arrived (Saturday lunch). As for the food, I expected better quality overall. Some items were so-so (fish & chips, tea sandwiches, etc), others were very good (scotch egg, etc). We did have a good time though, and had fun tasting some British food we've never had before. The guys appreciated the sports channel...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Holidaysfoodies4thoughtDined on 12/26/2013It was nice to be able to get together around such great food (Scotched Egg was to die for!!) in a super setting with the festive ambiance. The service was courteous and friendly (bar tender was a looker!!). I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivre un déjeuner anglais!MangerpourvoyagerDined on 12/22/2013Ce pub est pour nous, en particulier le matin, l'occasion d'aller déjeuner à Londres. Des crumpets, des œufs frits, du boudin (blood pudding) des toasts frites, tout est disponible. Le service y est toujours courtois, amical. Et le décor vous rappelle constamment que, par une magie potteresque, vous avez quitté Montréal pour vous retrouver chez Lilibeth... Le soir, c'´est le Fish ´n Chips, purée de pois... Match de soccer à la télé, fans bruyants...c'est l'Holligan en vous qui risque de se réveiller. Yes, indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect winter nightBirdyVIPDined on 12/15/2013We went for an annual Christmas dinner - and I think this may be our permanent spot! The drinks were potent and delightful - the Scotch & Whisky list is amazing too! Our meal was great - from Scotch eggs to the roast dinner through to dessert. We were really pleased they were open during such bad weather too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First tmehappy2dineDined on 12/11/2013We were in the city for a concert and looking for a place to eat close to the venue. Burgundy Lion was recommended by several friends. I am so glad we took their advice. The food was excellent, service was friendly but not overly intrusive and the timing was perfect. I will definitely return and encourage others to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub Burgundy Lion - I'll be back!RobertWindsorONDined on 11/26/2013What a fun, energetic place. The menu items are creative and perfectly-prepared. This place lives up to its reputation for a gem in Petite BurgogneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parfait avant une game des canadienDrolet99Dined on 10/29/2013Merci a Julie pour son sourire et un service impeccable... Tout le monde était comblé avec le choix du menu et les boissons alcoolisés. A refaire !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect pubCindyFDined on 10/7/2013I love Burgundy Lion. The place and the staff are warm, inviting, whimsical and familiar. There is a vast selection of drafts and creative cocktails, and a terrific, satisfying menu... by far the best pub food in the city. Highly recommended, day or night, early or late, any day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good placecbokyDined on 10/6/2013Great place to dine at any time. Only issue was last time there was a problem with the kegs so no beer on tap and they were all out of specials and certain things on the menu. Still, it was a great dining experience as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but NoisystblissDined on 10/4/2013Nice place to have a delicious lunch. Unfortunately, sound level is high. I wasn't able to conduct a conversation with my friend. If you are with a gang for a celebration, strongly recommend. For a lunch and chat between two or three persons, perhaps it's better to go somewhere else.Special Features: