Pub & Kitchen
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Pub & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepubandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2155450350x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Eli Collins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Pub & Kitchen
Opened in September 2008, Pub & Kitchen combines the sophistication of contemporary European cuisine with the comfort and warmth of an authentic neighborhood tavern. With a frequently changing menu created by Chef Eli Collins and an extensive list of spirits, beer and wine, Pub & Kitchen is a casual and energizing space where well-crafted food & drink happily go hand-in-hand. ||Continued
The outside tables are reserved for walk-ins only.
The outside tables are reserved for walk-ins only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pub & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Pub & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (77)fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (47)vibrant bar scene (46)great for brunch (24)hot spot (22)good for groups (21)late-night find (18)romantic (11)great for lunch (10)special occasion (8)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Food much better than one expectsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2014Not bar food. Monkfish cheeks and Arctic char outstanding as well as locally sourced salads Olive oil cake only off note - dry and burned on outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food desciption exceeded reality!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014P & K is a good choice to grab a quick bite or drink if you are in the neighborhood. The food is not great but edible. So many gastropubs in Philly with great food, but this is not one.Special Features:
- Fine food given restaurant weekflavorseekerVIPDined on 9/10/2014First meal at Pub and Kitchen though it has been on our list for some time. The restaurant week menu was varied offering a range of interesting selections from the traditional menu. The chef's pre starter course - chicken liver toasts was the only misstep. The honey or sweet coating on top did not pair well with the smear of savory chicken liver. The starters were all good, but the entree was the best part of the meal. The arctic char and beef were both good selections, ample green vegetable and flavorful grains supported fine servings of protein. The final course did not disappoint - panna cotta and semolina cake were excellent - nearly as well received as the entrees. The finest restaurant week meal in some 5-6 years of participation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go for a beer / appsphillypeteDined on 9/8/2014I found nothing too special about pub and kitchen. The beer and appetizers are good. I just didnt get that feeling that I wanted every last bite or I would come back again..
- Good food, iffy serviceOutstandingDined on 9/7/2014We had the char (excellent) and some delicious salads. The service was not up to par. My impression was that it was our waiter rather than the whole staff. He took inordinately long to come to our table, and then we were served dessert before we had gotten our entrees. Inexperience, maybe? A second waiter kindly gave us a second dessert for free by way of compensation (and we had not even complained). We'll definitely go back and try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but service a little slow.SPKBFK08Dined on 9/7/2014My wife and I had brunch on a Sunday morning. It was a slow day (for them) as the Eagles were playing at home. So, the restaurant was not very busy. They offered us outdoor seating, but we decided to sit inside. The atmosphere is rustic and we liked it. We both ordered the Biscuit, Sausage & Gravy entree and were a little disappointed. My wife is from Texas and is accustomed to a heartier version of this dish. The plate we were served had all the ingredients, through it was light on gravy and there was a salad. It was appealing to look at and tasted good. However it was not what we expected. The service while friendly was a little slow. Perhaps that was due to most of the action being outside. We will return, but maybe at a different time.Special Features:
- First impression overcome...MilleVIPDined on 9/5/2014Had 6:00 reservations on a Friday and was seated in the back of the bar area. To our surprise there were crying babies in the restaurant, to the point where we actually contemplated leaving. Boy am I glad we didn't...the food and drinks were very good. The babies cleared out by 6:30 and we ended up having a very good experience. I would definitely recommend this place, maybe just a later reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014Cute place, love the neighborhood feel of the restaurant. Has all the aesthetic makings of a great spot, but the food (brunch, at least) was just ok. Based on the reviews, was definitely expecting more.Special Features:
- Star ServerChrisWVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our server Maureen (name noted on receipt) really went above and beyond to ensure we had an excellent dining experience. My girlfriend can't eat dairy, so we notified the restaurant via the OpenTable app, and the server prepped notes on menu items in advance. She was also very attentive and dealt well with an odd pace of service we created with a guest that showed up a little bit late. Her recommendations were excellent and we had a very nice time overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipster Heaven with Hipster ServicePhillyFoodie1970Dined on 8/30/2014Solid all around - service could be a little more attentive - had to wait a while between drinks. Outside seating was charming - new Chef has made some nice changes to menu. Craft beer selection is solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool and delicious, pub and kitchennotout2muchDined on 8/30/2014Pub and Kitchen on an early Saturday evening was active but not crowded or noisy.The specialty drink menu was varied without being overwhelming and the tequila drinks and draft beers we had were fantastic. We started with the Gnocchi, described perfectly as little clouds of ricotta, which were fluffy, ample and served over a pesto sauce with saute'd greens and sausage. The flavor combination possibilities here were fantastic. I had the burger, recently voted 'best in city', and it did not disappoint. My wife had the chicken which was cooked to perfection, moist and flavorful. All in all it was a perfect cocktail and dining experience on an active city corner, but sit inside to get a feel for the ambiance of this fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local spotRobSDined on 8/27/2014Great spot to grab a casual beer and some high-end pub food. Really nice meal that didn't break the bank!Special Features:
- JoeJVIPDined on 8/27/2014Never disappointed, staff always very pleasant and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locatino for outdoor diningcaguanadelmarDined on 8/24/2014Went here for Sunday Brunch. This is a perfect location for outdoor dining; the street isn't very busy and it was nice to see neighborhood people walking on the street. Brunch menu is varied and will satisfy all tastes...sweet, savory, vegetarian, meat-eater... They also have a great cocktail/bar menu. Overall service was attentive but not overwhelming. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always a HitMarcoPolo3Dined on 8/22/2014Def one of my top 3 favorite spots in Philadelphia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY LOCAL GEMAmandaBVIPDined on 8/15/2014We visited Pub & Kitchen specifically to try the burger. My husband loves his burgers and the PK burger has a reputation for being one of the best. He was not disappointed and enjoyed it tremendously. I am not a burger aficionado myself, so I opted for the gnocchi, which is sold as a starter, but is filling enough to order as an entree. It was absolutely delicious. The restaurant has a casual neighborhood vibe, but the food and service are both of exceptionally high quality. I would not hesitate to recommend Pub & Kitchen to anyone looking for a great local restaurant.Special Features:
- customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed food, service, and happy hour, but noise level too high. Was fri, so hope to go during week for quieter experience.Special Features:
- Haven't been in a few yearsAMROproudDined on 8/9/2014And P&K didn't disappoint! We all had something different (Char, Bass, Rabbit and Wagyu) and they were all delicious! The Aoli for the skinny fries and the oysters were a terrific starter. Glad to have found it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable spotJoeJVIPDined on 7/30/2014Always a great "go to spot", staff is always friendly, bar is great and food never disappoints. Fast, cordial service a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmcgVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great service, very good food and no ruch. We were a party of 8 and had an enjoyable Sunday afternoon brunch. We tried a few of the menu cocktails - both versions of the Bloody Mary were very good. We had a variety of food, from more traditional breakfast fare to more lunch oriented choices. Mussels were great, steak and eggs very good. We will be back for dinner.Special Features:
- Foodie4lifeDined on 7/26/2014Wondeful food. The best rabbit I've had in my life!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!EricVIPDined on 7/21/2014Pub and Kitchen is a wonderful little hot spot on 20th Street. Great service, nice to sit outside and the food is simply amazing. Not very fancy but beautifully prepared, a visual delight and equally delicious. Wait staff are friendly and professional and there is a nice atmosphere in this neighborhood gem. Definitely come as the drink menu is solid, there is a nice bar to sit and eat or enjoy a drink or two with friends.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoritespwayneVIPDined on 7/20/2014Pub & Kitchen is our "go to" restaurant for any meal. The menu has enough variety that you can choose to eat lightly or more substantially. We love the rabbit meatballs, the grilled romaine salad and the fries are always perfect. My only issue is the back room. Even after some updating, it is not very inviting and can be very loud when the restaurant is full. Opt for the bar area or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventurous pub foodmarkmDined on 7/13/2014cute pub atmosphere, a little slow on the food delivery, and very noisy due to a big group in a booth, but pleasant enough with a nice beer selectionI would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMonsterVIPDined on 7/9/2014Awesome pub style restaurant. Like many restaurants in Philadelphia, the tables are very close together and it can be quite noisy. The food was high end pub fare, I had a pulled pork sandwich and some chicken wings. Both were excellent. It has a casual atmosphere and in an area with not many restaurants, i suggest you seek this one out.Special Features:
- mlpetVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was excellent but the noise level was way over the top, and the tables a little too close together for comfort. Great for the 20s, early 30s crowd that made up the majority of the patrons.Special Features:
- Great Find in Center CityluvphillydineDined on 7/1/2014I cannot believe that the rabbit/pig bar has been so close to my house and I have never made it in for dinner. Went there with a couple friends Friday night and from the appetizers (Get the Mussels=) ) to the dj it was a super fun time. Cannot wait to go back to try brunch.Special Features:
- Hb82VIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a lovely evening at this restaurant. The service was outstanding, as were the food and wine. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- AnneDined on 6/18/2014great menu, great food. Very Noisy both at the bar and at the tables. stools at the bar are tight and not comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Family brought me for Father's Day dinner. Interesting beer selection, fabulous food, outstanding service from our server, Andy. Complimentary desserts in honor of the occasion were a pleasant surprise. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickeyDined on 6/15/2014Seasonal menu including a great selection of beer. The food presentation was beautiful, the service was friendly (Thanks, Megan) the food and beer(s) were original, creative and delicious.Special Features:
- New to me...kmidwifeDined on 6/14/2014Great find! I had never eaten here, but certainly will again. Because there were no tables, we sat at the bar. Very friendly staff, excellent food, knowledgeable bartender. The Vadouvan beet salad was a revelation!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchersPhillyphoodphanDined on 6/8/2014Absolutely loved sitting outside at pub and kitchen to enjoy a weekend brunch! Very friendly and attentive service, great cocktails and delicious food! Will absolutely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pub fare near Rittenhouse Sq.DanaluvVIPDined on 6/7/2014After browsing the Rittenhouse Art Show, we opted for an early dinner. Glad we did. By 8pm the crowds were waiting. Tables were fairly empty at 6pm, except for a few large parties. We shared app of chicken wings, they were awesome! My grilled prawns were served with faro and English peas, very flavorful. The hangar steak my husband had was equally delicious! Nice wine and beer selections. Our waiter, Nathan, was very helpful with suggestions and good conversation, always available, with excellent timing. We opted for the panecotta for dessert. It was so light and served with strawberries in a glaze. I would have given 5 stars, if not for the deafening noise level, plus, as the tables filled, got even worse! Go for the food anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okdm715VIPDined on 6/6/2014The service was slow and not overly friendly. The pulled pork sandwich was dry and the tilefish was bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahStretchDined on 6/6/2014Some interesting items. The food was under seasoned. The bar was adequate but made Irish coffee even though they didn't have whip cream; not the same without it. Did not live up to review in inquirer.
- Best Strawberry Shortcake everphillyminionDined on 6/6/2014Get there soon while strawberries are still in season. The whiskey bread with ramp butter, chicken wings, and gem lettuce salad were pretty delish too.Special Features:
- mixed emotionsBrigidfionnDined on 6/4/2014Food was delicious. Several items from mains to beers to desserts were not available. How can you run out of ice cream? Server was very good, but his support staff seemed undertrained. Overall, very good, but not three (3) Bells.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub and Kitchen dinnerluvphillydineDined on 6/3/2014Lives up to all the hype. Great place to meet up with friends for dinner and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful gastropubLcblynnVIPDined on 6/2/2014The food here is fantastic as is the service...we celebrated our 35th anniversary there and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.