Pub & Kitchen
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Pub & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepubandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2155450350x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Eli Collins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Pub & Kitchen
Opened in September 2008, Pub & Kitchen combines the sophistication of contemporary European cuisine with the comfort and warmth of an authentic neighborhood tavern. With a frequently changing menu created by Chef Eli Collins and an extensive list of spirits, beer and wine, Pub & Kitchen is a casual and energizing space where well-crafted food & drink happily go hand-in-hand. ||Continued
The outside tables are reserved for walk-ins only.
The outside tables are reserved for walk-ins only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pub & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Pub & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (51)vibrant bar scene (42)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (21)hot spot (17)late-night find (16)good for groups (16)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)special occasion (8)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Hipster Heaven with Hipster ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Solid all around - service could be a little more attentive - had to wait a while between drinks. Outside seating was charming - new Chef has made some nice changes to menu. Craft beer selection is solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local spotRobSDined on 8/27/2014Great spot to grab a casual beer and some high-end pub food. Really nice meal that didn't break the bank!Special Features:
- JoeJVIPDined on 8/27/2014Never disappointed, staff always very pleasant and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locatino for outdoor diningcaguanadelmarDined on 8/24/2014Went here for Sunday Brunch. This is a perfect location for outdoor dining; the street isn't very busy and it was nice to see neighborhood people walking on the street. Brunch menu is varied and will satisfy all tastes...sweet, savory, vegetarian, meat-eater... They also have a great cocktail/bar menu. Overall service was attentive but not overwhelming. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always a HitMarcoPolo3Dined on 8/22/2014Def one of my top 3 favorite spots in Philadelphia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed food, service, and happy hour, but noise level too high. Was fri, so hope to go during week for quieter experience.Special Features:
- Haven't been in a few yearsAMROproudDined on 8/9/2014And P&K didn't disappoint! We all had something different (Char, Bass, Rabbit and Wagyu) and they were all delicious! The Aoli for the skinny fries and the oysters were a terrific starter. Glad to have found it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable spotJoeJVIPDined on 7/30/2014Always a great "go to spot", staff is always friendly, bar is great and food never disappoints. Fast, cordial service a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmcgVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great service, very good food and no ruch. We were a party of 8 and had an enjoyable Sunday afternoon brunch. We tried a few of the menu cocktails - both versions of the Bloody Mary were very good. We had a variety of food, from more traditional breakfast fare to more lunch oriented choices. Mussels were great, steak and eggs very good. We will be back for dinner.Special Features:
- Foodie4lifeDined on 7/26/2014Wondeful food. The best rabbit I've had in my life!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!EricVIPDined on 7/21/2014Pub and Kitchen is a wonderful little hot spot on 20th Street. Great service, nice to sit outside and the food is simply amazing. Not very fancy but beautifully prepared, a visual delight and equally delicious. Wait staff are friendly and professional and there is a nice atmosphere in this neighborhood gem. Definitely come as the drink menu is solid, there is a nice bar to sit and eat or enjoy a drink or two with friends.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoritespwayneVIPDined on 7/20/2014Pub & Kitchen is our "go to" restaurant for any meal. The menu has enough variety that you can choose to eat lightly or more substantially. We love the rabbit meatballs, the grilled romaine salad and the fries are always perfect. My only issue is the back room. Even after some updating, it is not very inviting and can be very loud when the restaurant is full. Opt for the bar area or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventurous pub foodmarkmDined on 7/13/2014cute pub atmosphere, a little slow on the food delivery, and very noisy due to a big group in a booth, but pleasant enough with a nice beer selectionI would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMonsterVIPDined on 7/9/2014Awesome pub style restaurant. Like many restaurants in Philadelphia, the tables are very close together and it can be quite noisy. The food was high end pub fare, I had a pulled pork sandwich and some chicken wings. Both were excellent. It has a casual atmosphere and in an area with not many restaurants, i suggest you seek this one out.Special Features:
- mlpetVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was excellent but the noise level was way over the top, and the tables a little too close together for comfort. Great for the 20s, early 30s crowd that made up the majority of the patrons.Special Features:
- Great Find in Center CityluvphillydineDined on 7/1/2014I cannot believe that the rabbit/pig bar has been so close to my house and I have never made it in for dinner. Went there with a couple friends Friday night and from the appetizers (Get the Mussels=) ) to the dj it was a super fun time. Cannot wait to go back to try brunch.Special Features:
- Hb82VIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a lovely evening at this restaurant. The service was outstanding, as were the food and wine. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- AnneDined on 6/18/2014great menu, great food. Very Noisy both at the bar and at the tables. stools at the bar are tight and not comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Family brought me for Father's Day dinner. Interesting beer selection, fabulous food, outstanding service from our server, Andy. Complimentary desserts in honor of the occasion were a pleasant surprise. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickeyDined on 6/15/2014Seasonal menu including a great selection of beer. The food presentation was beautiful, the service was friendly (Thanks, Megan) the food and beer(s) were original, creative and delicious.Special Features:
- New to me...kmidwifeDined on 6/14/2014Great find! I had never eaten here, but certainly will again. Because there were no tables, we sat at the bar. Very friendly staff, excellent food, knowledgeable bartender. The Vadouvan beet salad was a revelation!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchersPhillyphoodphanDined on 6/8/2014Absolutely loved sitting outside at pub and kitchen to enjoy a weekend brunch! Very friendly and attentive service, great cocktails and delicious food! Will absolutely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pub fare near Rittenhouse Sq.DanaluvVIPDined on 6/7/2014After browsing the Rittenhouse Art Show, we opted for an early dinner. Glad we did. By 8pm the crowds were waiting. Tables were fairly empty at 6pm, except for a few large parties. We shared app of chicken wings, they were awesome! My grilled prawns were served with faro and English peas, very flavorful. The hangar steak my husband had was equally delicious! Nice wine and beer selections. Our waiter, Nathan, was very helpful with suggestions and good conversation, always available, with excellent timing. We opted for the panecotta for dessert. It was so light and served with strawberries in a glaze. I would have given 5 stars, if not for the deafening noise level, plus, as the tables filled, got even worse! Go for the food anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okdm715VIPDined on 6/6/2014The service was slow and not overly friendly. The pulled pork sandwich was dry and the tilefish was bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahStretchDined on 6/6/2014Some interesting items. The food was under seasoned. The bar was adequate but made Irish coffee even though they didn't have whip cream; not the same without it. Did not live up to review in inquirer.
- Best Strawberry Shortcake everphillyminionDined on 6/6/2014Get there soon while strawberries are still in season. The whiskey bread with ramp butter, chicken wings, and gem lettuce salad were pretty delish too.Special Features:
- mixed emotionsBrigidfionnDined on 6/4/2014Food was delicious. Several items from mains to beers to desserts were not available. How can you run out of ice cream? Server was very good, but his support staff seemed undertrained. Overall, very good, but not three (3) Bells.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub and Kitchen dinnerluvphillydineDined on 6/3/2014Lives up to all the hype. Great place to meet up with friends for dinner and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful gastropubLcblynnVIPDined on 6/2/2014The food here is fantastic as is the service...we celebrated our 35th anniversary there and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions very smallaliciaVIPDined on 6/1/2014my friends and i went on the recommendation of the inquirer review. we think that it was overrated, but still fine. Fries were awesome, burgers good but not significantly better than parc or village whisky. The other menu items were tasty, just extremely pricey for the portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craig LeBan is an idiotfoodloverVIPDined on 5/31/2014P & K is not improved at all, as Leban claims, and he gives them 4 stars??? Their menu is limited and idiosyncratic--the 4 of us had a hard time finding dishes we wanted to order. Most of us did not like our food; service was the slowest I've ever experienced--it took 25 mins to get our bottle of wine and an hour to receive our food. We had the slowest waitress on earth. Noise level is beyond anyplace we've ever been--way, way too loud. And they remodeled the place?? Looked exactly as it had in the past with the exception of tufted backs to the uncomfortable benches. Would not recommend this place at all.
- A great restaurantcn71Dined on 5/31/2014Really good food and excellent service. All 3 types of oysters were tasty and fresh; prawn entree was outstanding. Baba rum desert very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jumperVIPDined on 5/30/2014The mussels were delicious and the shrimp tasty, farro side was perfectSpecial Features:
- Wonderful plan for friends and foodMoreTHANfoodieDined on 5/28/2014Friends and I met for dinner to catch up and were delighted by the adorable feel, and further the food! The service was awesome and were swift and timely and then didn't rush us when we were busy catching up. The starters were all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbergVIPDined on 5/27/2014the food was well-prepared, fresh, tasty and the menu (with popular 21st century foods such as kale, dandelion greens, barley, ramps, etc.) was nice. The noise level was uncomfortably deafening (even for the 20 somethings in our party) so i regretably will not return despite the well prepared food.
- Delicious overallJeffTrexlerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Rabbit meatballs!! Outstanding with polenta, pine nuts and green olives. Couldn't have been happier with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of 3 bellsfoodiedudieVIPDined on 5/20/2014Craig LaBan nailed it last week with 3 bell review. More than a gastro pub, but still has great burgers. Do not miss gem salad...grilling lettuce is such a fabulous technique that adds so much flavor and complexity to a salad. Also squid app was delish! We inhaled everything! Only wish we could have sat outside.Special Features:
- Pub & Kitchen Lives Up to RatingPhillyloverstuckinburbsDined on 5/18/2014Charming pub worth the drive from 'burbs. Service was very attentive...appetizers outrageously unique and delicious... cheeseburger among the best I've had. And the panacotta for desert was the perfect light ending to very satisfying meal. Can't forget to mention the Escorpion, which alone was worth the hunt for a parking space. A solution to the noise would be worth pursuing... but after so many years of marriage, not sure I missed too much! :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Over priced ($7 for a side of shoestring fries?! And low abv beers, but that thin double patty burger is very good.Special Features:
- Wet eggsTheGrinderDined on 5/10/2014I'm not sure if wet egged omelettes are in vogue, but they are not appreciated in this house. Both my wife and I were served aweful omelettes and cold French fries. No need to go back for breakfast.