104 5th Ave South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pub5.com/
- Phone: 6157804005x
- Hours of Operation:
11am - 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pub 5
We are an upscale American Bar focusing on Craft Beer and Craft Cocktails. We have a large selection of can craft beer and also a small selection of can domestic. We offer eight rotating draft beers and also a very nice wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pub 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (13)good for groups (11)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Great menu, great beer choices. Wonderful service. Mussels, Lamb Tacos, Roasted Mushrooms were all standouts.Special Features:
- lonely brunchkatbrassDined on 9/14/2014we (me, my mom, and my dad) were practically the only people there for Sunday brunch. But at least we had the roof to ourselves. I had the quinoa tabouleh but I wasn't super impressed by it. The pimento cheese was good but I was devastated to learn they were out of the goat cheese appetizer that I really wanted.Special Features:
- Rooftop!!JillianVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of the cutest rooftops in Nashville! Great for pre/post show at The Ryman or Bridgestone!Special Features:
- Good, not greatCHBNADined on 9/6/2014This was my third time dining at Pub 5, but the first for dinner. I loved the ease and flexibility in setting up a reservation for a large group. There was a lot going on downtown that night, so the fact that they were so accommodating was a huge plus. I had to put my credit card down for a reservation, and when one person in my party cancelled at the last minute, they were kind enough not to charge me for the loss of a headcount. The food this time was just decent. I should have stuck to my quinoa tabbouleh salad with salmon. I ordered the prime rib sandwich, which was good, but at $18, very overpriced. If you're taking a large group, I would recommend asking for the roof or one of the party rooms on the second floor. Thanks Pub5.Special Features:
- Nothing OutstandingSouProfVIPDined on 9/5/2014This place is first and foremost a bar. They serve food that is reasonably well prepared, but the focus is still the bar. Value on dining is only fair. Pasta pomodoro was very light on tomato. Kale-beet salad was a quarter-acre of kale with one sliced beet and a bit of goat cheese. The pine nuts must have had the day off. The food was not bad, but not good enough to return. Tourists are the apparent target market.Special Features:
- Yum!TKrebsDined on 8/20/2014We had dinner in this downtown spot and it was worth running through the rain for! Scallops dish was delicious (multiple flavors came together well) - fritters appetizer was perfect with the hot pepper jelly - and mocha bread pudding was fantastic. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great for happy hr, avg for dinnerJasonDined on 8/12/2014Great views, beer selection, sandwiches, and small plates. Entrees and cocktails were good but a little pricy. Desserts were average at best. Service was hit and miss. I'd go again for lunch, happy hour, or just drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent with other ReviewersHappyCanuckDined on 8/11/2014We went to this restaurant for lunch but while the service was fine, the food was not that good especially when compared to other restaurants in the District area. Our Cobb salads were bland and my daughter's chicken was not fully cooked. The design and architecture inside is really neat but would suggest they either figure out how to improve the food experience or stick to being a great pub (beer!) destination.
- TrendyDeeCeeDined on 8/9/2014Made Reservation with Opentable, but despite several open tables, sat us in the back next to loud kitchen door. Trendy but slight miss. Food was average. Waitress was nice and attentive and food was delivered within reasonable time.
- Great find in a busy city!cdergrlDined on 8/1/2014We stumbled onto this restaurant as another that had been recommended was no longer taking reservations. We arrived early to find that there valet parking was only on nights when there were no events and this was not one of them. Cool rustic vibe with wood clad walls and green leather seating. Not a large selection of beers on tap but nice variety of canned beers as well as cocktail and wine list. Bar staff very attentive and drinks were good. Ordered Charcutierie plate and pimento cheese to start - both great. Mussels were wonderful - butter and cider broth. Fried Chicken was juicy and the side mac and cheese was wonderful. The lamb burger was wonderful and juicy done to perfection. Dessert bread pudding was also great.
- Nashville hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Not really knowing what to expect from the menu items, it was actually very good. Definitely different than your "normal " Southern mix. The trout was excellent, cobb salad very fresh,and the angel hair pomodoro was very tasty. Our family of three were very pleased. Best food we had in Nashville this trip. Service wasn't top notch. Waited more than 7" for waiter staff to introduce himself at the table and take drink orders. Would definitely return for the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad steakMouseDined on 7/10/2014This was one of the worst steaks I've ever had, I do not reccommendSpecial Features:
- DO NOT RESERVE ON OPENTABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I made this reservation, requesting rooftop accommodations, thinking favor would be given to those planning ahead to make reservations. Instead, we were seated at a HIGH TOP table IN THE BACK CORNER OF THE BAR. We were right near the kitchen entrance and literally backed up against a wall. I asked if we could sit at another one of the OPEN tables and the hostess very curtly told me that they do not accommodate requests like mine and that i would have to wait in line behind everyone else if I wanted to sit elsewhere with my group. Another customer who had reserved a table walked up and had the same experience 15 minutes later—they didn't put up with it and ended up leaving. Unfortunately, the food did not make up for the service.
- Pleasantly surprised!ColebrayDined on 7/5/2014I did put in the reservation comments section we were celebrating a wedding anniversary and would like rooftop dining, but we were seated on the bottom floor. I guess you must call it in to get rooftop dining. Tables too close together so everyone could literally be in everyone else's conversations. Tip: 2nd floor good for large groups. Appetizers were yummy- especially cornbread fritters and pimento cheese. Everyone liked their main course, but I ordered the kale and it never showed. Oh well! Location was phenomenal though as we took the corner after dinner to take in downtown festivities. We will go back, for sure! Food and atmosphere were so lively. Great place to take out-of-towners.Special Features:
- Pub Food!mnmnmnm50Dined on 7/5/2014This was our first time and I was so excited to come and eat the famous poutine and the duck... but both items are not on the menu anymore...:( So we took the duck fat fries, ok.... but so salty!!!! My husband had the tenderloin sdw and he loved it! I took the mussels and than again it was so salty... I had to drink water all night!!!! Over all it is a cool little pub, well situated and a great option if you dont want the usual pull pork! ;)Special Features:
- Pretty good!JBNashvilleDined on 7/4/2014Our experience would have been better had we not been seated in a small room with a child whose parents thought it was ok for her to stomp loudly in the seat and scream. We were 4 guys in our 30s and think they should have tried to seat us around people that were a little more, well, not dining with child. The duck fat fries were delish as was the kale side. I got the tenderloin sandwich and it was good but not very memorable considering the price. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof top bar great!TimandSassyDined on 7/3/2014The indoor dining space is super small but preferred the outdoor roof top bar area anyway. There is no view from the roof top bar but didn't really matter. Overall a good experience and we would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A respite amidst the honky rinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014There is an awful lot of touristy cheese in this neighborhood and it almost shocking to come across this little place that serves good, interesting food without a lot of distractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette partybachelorette2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and service! Highly recommend for Nashville foodies. An energetic spot for the beginning to the evening.Special Features:
- Drinks terrific, food so-soElceeDined on 6/17/2014We headed there before the concert, because we had had great drinks there on the rooftop deck in the spring. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. The corn fritter appetizer was delicious, but the Heirloom Tomato Salad was disappointing - not only did the chef forget the pancetta and dressing, but there was so little cheese you could hardly see it. When the pancetta did come, it was in big chunks, not the crispy savory nuggets I was expecting. The brightest spot was the chocolate bread pudding - that was delicious. We probably will come here again, but only for cocktails and apps.
- So close to being goodJmashaVIPDined on 6/1/2014First, the location and interior was great. Not large, but very well done. Our bar service was great and friendly. Overall, we just didn't find the food and plating very refined. My fish was good, but it was hidden under more kale than I could eat all week. The duck fat fries were just ok. For $9, I expected more. I'd recommend it as a bar if you were downtown and wanted an appetizer and drink, but I can't recommend for a full dinner. Also, if you are looking for a good gluten free place, the menu has a few selections, but I was disappointed by what looked like it should be gf but wasn't.Special Features:
- Excellent roofA182pilotDined on 5/29/2014A nice lunch time reprieve from the stress of the day, the roof top dining was so enjoyable and the service was excellent. My date and I really enjoyed our visit. It should be rather romantic at night under the city lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeodisVIPDined on 5/23/2014I asked the waitress what she recommended and sheSpecial Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the Pub 5 reviews archive.
- Near RymanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014We went for a pre-concert meal. It is only one block from the Ryman. Great atmosphere. Learned about their appetizer called poutine. Gravy, french fries, cheese curd....definitely goes well with a beer. We would gladly visit Pub5 again.Special Features:
- SatisfiedPartyPlannerDined on 4/26/2014We had a great experience at pub 5 for my friends bachelorette party dinner. We were seated immediately and had a great server. Don't get the scallops if you're hungry though. There's only 3 of them for $27. The burgers and salads were hits with out group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Great restaurant with excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service bad food bad drinksPub5grossDined on 4/25/2014Food was gross and over priced. Server was rude and got our order wrong twice. Do NOT recommend!
- Great Building and Food at Pub5oliveatsDined on 4/23/2014We enjoyed our first dining experience at Pub% the other night before a concert at thee Ryman. The building alone--the oldest in downtown Nashville--is worth the visit. Very inventive drink menu; great corn fritters appetizer; parmesan pasta was excellent; North Carolina trout was nicely done, but the fried kale was a little heavy and in need of something else, perhaps a real veg or a starch. But the roasted fingerling potatoes, which we ordered as a side for the previous reason, were plentiful and delicious. After dinner we popped up to their rooftop bar, which has a stunning view of downtown. Well worth the trip!Special Features:
- Roof Top - Best!Taylor23Dined on 4/22/2014Pub5 has a great roof top view! Their food is excellent, everything we got was perfect! Only downfalls... 1. We typed in the notes on Open Table that we wanted a roof top table - but they tried to seat us on the first floor when we got there. We had to wait at the bar for 15 minutes for a table, so it wasn't that bad...but that's what reservations are for, right? 2. The table next to us was smoking, 5 girls, all smoking. It was hard to enjoy our food so we asked the server to move us. Even though we're outside on the roof top, I think smoking shouldn't be allowed. It could've ruined my food all together...Special Features:
- LOVE this place!JessDined on 4/19/2014FABULOUS meal. Sat on the rooftop-- festive with twinkle lights. Simply loved the quinoa salad with the trout-- YUM! Will definitely go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SaladsRoosterDined on 4/9/2014Really enjoyed the tabbouleh salad - nice to find a salad with a difference instead of the usual lettuce treats on a typical restaurant menu. Attentive, friendly staff. Casual, rustic atmosphere and charm. Will definitely be back. Great lunch venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat Nashville FindYum1Dined on 4/5/2014Celebrating the Final 4....and very much enjoyed our dinner at Pub 5 and the UCONN win! Great selection of drinks to celebrate the occasion and waitstaff made some great recommendations on the mussels and tenderloin sandwich, as well as on some house specialty delights from the bar! Friendly atmosphere, tight seating, but we made some new friends. The atmosphere was very upbeat and casual. All in all, a good place to enjoy good pub food and libation. Close to Bridgestone and a fun night out.Special Features:
- Everything was great!! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Everything was great!! Food was absolutely delicious. The music was a little loud making it hard to hear conversations with others at our table. The restaurant itself is really nice. We had a great time and would go again!Special Features:
- Just okBbr7042VIPDined on 3/28/2014Quaint atmosphere ,good service ,food was fair. Might be a better value if you are looking for a place for salads or burgers. Dinner entree menu not worth the expenseSpecial Features:
- Poor ServiceSdayalDined on 3/22/2014Poor food coupled with bad service. Our waitress was MIA most of the time. Annoying factor: We ordered a bottle of wine, the waitress poured three glasses and took the bottle away. When we asked for refills, she said the bottle was empty. Looking back at the pictures now, the bottle was not empty. We didnt want to raise a fuss at the time so let it pass. She was also MIA most of the time.
- Nashville Hot Spot!klcalvertDined on 3/18/2014We were at our convention in Nashville and ran across Pub 5. We loved the ambience and the food was excellent. We reserved our table and got right in...will go back next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar NOT a great RestaurantluvNashvillelocalsDined on 3/17/2014Love the interior, the ambiance, the entire feel of the place is very cool. Drinking with friends would be great. But we went there to eat dinner. NOT a good move. Beautiful space but the servers seems put out that we were eating.... and we had reservations. Food was WAAAAY over priced. Could have eaten at the Palm for those prices. And the food, frankly was OK but not great.Special Features:
- Great food, service hit or misstexasD2Dined on 3/14/2014On a positive note, the restaurant is beautiful, and food was fantastic. I had the trout - it was expertly prepared, and the flash fried kale was amazing. My wife has mussels and also said they were perfect. Service was mixed. Our primary (?) server was great and took excellent care of us when she was available. But she also subbed out support to another server who seemed aloof and/or uncomfortable in a service role..... barely spoke and took an empty drink glass from me early in the meal without asking if I wanted another, and I went 25 minutes without another beverage (or an inquiry if I wanted one). After we finally flagged someone down, I was able to order another drink, but it put a small damper on an otherwise great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food awesome upper deckAwesomeDined on 3/11/2014This was a great place to eat while downtown in Nashville. We had an early lunch during the week and sat outside on the upper deck over looking broadway. Food was excellent, bartender outside was our server and his suggestions were right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of 10 was seatedLRBChicagoVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our group of 10 was seated at a table barely big enough for 7, making for a cramped and uncomfortable experience. The service was slow and very inattentive. Each time someone would ask for a drink, the waitress would practically run away without checking with the rest of the table, resulting in her running back and forth quite a bit. Her exhaustion with us was evident but self-made by her own inattentiveness. The food was just okay, some dishes better than the others. Fried Chicken ThighS was just one piece and the kale salad was overdressed. The prices were not unreasonable but it was certainly over priced for what was essentially bar food. Just to any bar along the strip, get better food and service and spend much less!