104 5th Ave South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pub5.com/
- Phone: 6157804005x
- Hours of Operation:
11am - 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pub 5
We are an upscale American Bar focusing on Craft Beer and Craft Cocktails. We have a large selection of can craft beer and also a small selection of can domestic. We offer eight rotating draft beers and also a very nice wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pub 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)scenic view (16)neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Enjoyed it but...ChrisHVIPDined on 10/16/2014How can you run out of ribeye steak @ 6p? Lamb burger was delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub 5 gets a 2SgtutvolsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Service was great. Drinks were good but the food was marginal at best. Really good French fries but my Banh Mi was flavorless. Would probably only recommend Pub 5 for drinks. 3rd time I've been here and food has never impressed me.Special Features:
- Great Local FeelJaredBVIPDined on 10/5/2014Good for before and after downtown events. This local pub is convenient and the food is very good. Prices are a little downtown touristy but well within acceptable range considering the location. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop lunchLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 9/26/2014We were visiting Nashville on business and our foursome had lunch on the rooftop. Very nice view and very accommodating service. Good selection of beers and specialty cocktails. The eggplant wrap was good and the lamb burger was very good.Special Features:
- Ome of my favorite places fo preds.RestuarantRetroDined on 9/25/2014Usually one of my favorite spots. Let me down on both orders of putine this time. Almost no gravy or cheese curds, mostly just fries. Used to be way better. Still a great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Downtown Lunch SpotJSP4VIPDined on 9/23/2014Great food and service. I had a Caesar salad with trout that was amazing. You feel like you are in the midst of the downtown hubbub without being touristy. There is a cool vibe, so it is not your standard business lunch.Special Features:
- Out of many items we orderedGrubsearchDined on 9/21/2014Brought guests from out of town because we have had great experiences here before. Unfortunately, the restaurant was out of several items we wanted to order. Servers were not aware and on the 3rd try, just ordered a burger. Nothing special about the burger. Huge disappointment. Maybe we will try again, but at least they could tell us upfront what they don't have. Restaurants should have what's on the menu or close the door.Special Features:
- amazingOTuserDined on 9/20/2014Location, decor , and staff were amazing. Food was delicious. The wait staff's recommendations for food and drink really hit the spot. Go to Pub 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy AND DeliciousnashvilledevDined on 9/17/2014I've never had a better quinoa salad. Pub 5's quinoa tabbouleh is AMAZING!! Add chicken and it's hands down my favorite meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Great menu, great beer choices. Wonderful service. Mussels, Lamb Tacos, Roasted Mushrooms were all standouts.Special Features:
- lonely brunchkatbrassDined on 9/14/2014we (me, my mom, and my dad) were practically the only people there for Sunday brunch. But at least we had the roof to ourselves. I had the quinoa tabouleh but I wasn't super impressed by it. The pimento cheese was good but I was devastated to learn they were out of the goat cheese appetizer that I really wanted.Special Features:
- Rooftop!!JillianVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of the cutest rooftops in Nashville! Great for pre/post show at The Ryman or Bridgestone!Special Features:
- Good, not greatCHBNADined on 9/6/2014This was my third time dining at Pub 5, but the first for dinner. I loved the ease and flexibility in setting up a reservation for a large group. There was a lot going on downtown that night, so the fact that they were so accommodating was a huge plus. I had to put my credit card down for a reservation, and when one person in my party cancelled at the last minute, they were kind enough not to charge me for the loss of a headcount. The food this time was just decent. I should have stuck to my quinoa tabbouleh salad with salmon. I ordered the prime rib sandwich, which was good, but at $18, very overpriced. If you're taking a large group, I would recommend asking for the roof or one of the party rooms on the second floor. Thanks Pub5.Special Features:
- Nothing OutstandingSouProfVIPDined on 9/5/2014This place is first and foremost a bar. They serve food that is reasonably well prepared, but the focus is still the bar. Value on dining is only fair. Pasta pomodoro was very light on tomato. Kale-beet salad was a quarter-acre of kale with one sliced beet and a bit of goat cheese. The pine nuts must have had the day off. The food was not bad, but not good enough to return. Tourists are the apparent target market.Special Features:
- Yum!TKrebsDined on 8/20/2014We had dinner in this downtown spot and it was worth running through the rain for! Scallops dish was delicious (multiple flavors came together well) - fritters appetizer was perfect with the hot pepper jelly - and mocha bread pudding was fantastic. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great for happy hr, avg for dinnerJasonDined on 8/12/2014Great views, beer selection, sandwiches, and small plates. Entrees and cocktails were good but a little pricy. Desserts were average at best. Service was hit and miss. I'd go again for lunch, happy hour, or just drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent with other ReviewersHappyCanuckDined on 8/11/2014We went to this restaurant for lunch but while the service was fine, the food was not that good especially when compared to other restaurants in the District area. Our Cobb salads were bland and my daughter's chicken was not fully cooked. The design and architecture inside is really neat but would suggest they either figure out how to improve the food experience or stick to being a great pub (beer!) destination.
- TrendyDeeCeeDined on 8/9/2014Made Reservation with Opentable, but despite several open tables, sat us in the back next to loud kitchen door. Trendy but slight miss. Food was average. Waitress was nice and attentive and food was delivered within reasonable time.
- Great find in a busy city!cdergrlDined on 8/1/2014We stumbled onto this restaurant as another that had been recommended was no longer taking reservations. We arrived early to find that there valet parking was only on nights when there were no events and this was not one of them. Cool rustic vibe with wood clad walls and green leather seating. Not a large selection of beers on tap but nice variety of canned beers as well as cocktail and wine list. Bar staff very attentive and drinks were good. Ordered Charcutierie plate and pimento cheese to start - both great. Mussels were wonderful - butter and cider broth. Fried Chicken was juicy and the side mac and cheese was wonderful. The lamb burger was wonderful and juicy done to perfection. Dessert bread pudding was also great.
- Nashville hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Not really knowing what to expect from the menu items, it was actually very good. Definitely different than your "normal " Southern mix. The trout was excellent, cobb salad very fresh,and the angel hair pomodoro was very tasty. Our family of three were very pleased. Best food we had in Nashville this trip. Service wasn't top notch. Waited more than 7" for waiter staff to introduce himself at the table and take drink orders. Would definitely return for the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad steakMouseDined on 7/10/2014This was one of the worst steaks I've ever had, I do not reccommendSpecial Features:
- DO NOT RESERVE ON OPENTABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I made this reservation, requesting rooftop accommodations, thinking favor would be given to those planning ahead to make reservations. Instead, we were seated at a HIGH TOP table IN THE BACK CORNER OF THE BAR. We were right near the kitchen entrance and literally backed up against a wall. I asked if we could sit at another one of the OPEN tables and the hostess very curtly told me that they do not accommodate requests like mine and that i would have to wait in line behind everyone else if I wanted to sit elsewhere with my group. Another customer who had reserved a table walked up and had the same experience 15 minutes later—they didn't put up with it and ended up leaving. Unfortunately, the food did not make up for the service.
- Pleasantly surprised!ColebrayDined on 7/5/2014I did put in the reservation comments section we were celebrating a wedding anniversary and would like rooftop dining, but we were seated on the bottom floor. I guess you must call it in to get rooftop dining. Tables too close together so everyone could literally be in everyone else's conversations. Tip: 2nd floor good for large groups. Appetizers were yummy- especially cornbread fritters and pimento cheese. Everyone liked their main course, but I ordered the kale and it never showed. Oh well! Location was phenomenal though as we took the corner after dinner to take in downtown festivities. We will go back, for sure! Food and atmosphere were so lively. Great place to take out-of-towners.Special Features:
- Pub Food!mnmnmnm50Dined on 7/5/2014This was our first time and I was so excited to come and eat the famous poutine and the duck... but both items are not on the menu anymore...:( So we took the duck fat fries, ok.... but so salty!!!! My husband had the tenderloin sdw and he loved it! I took the mussels and than again it was so salty... I had to drink water all night!!!! Over all it is a cool little pub, well situated and a great option if you dont want the usual pull pork! ;)Special Features:
- Pretty good!JBNashvilleDined on 7/4/2014Our experience would have been better had we not been seated in a small room with a child whose parents thought it was ok for her to stomp loudly in the seat and scream. We were 4 guys in our 30s and think they should have tried to seat us around people that were a little more, well, not dining with child. The duck fat fries were delish as was the kale side. I got the tenderloin sandwich and it was good but not very memorable considering the price. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof top bar great!TimandSassyDined on 7/3/2014The indoor dining space is super small but preferred the outdoor roof top bar area anyway. There is no view from the roof top bar but didn't really matter. Overall a good experience and we would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A respite amidst the honky rinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014There is an awful lot of touristy cheese in this neighborhood and it almost shocking to come across this little place that serves good, interesting food without a lot of distractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette partybachelorette2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and service! Highly recommend for Nashville foodies. An energetic spot for the beginning to the evening.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Pub 5 reviews archive.
- Drinks terrific, food so-soElceeDined on 6/17/2014We headed there before the concert, because we had had great drinks there on the rooftop deck in the spring. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. The corn fritter appetizer was delicious, but the Heirloom Tomato Salad was disappointing - not only did the chef forget the pancetta and dressing, but there was so little cheese you could hardly see it. When the pancetta did come, it was in big chunks, not the crispy savory nuggets I was expecting. The brightest spot was the chocolate bread pudding - that was delicious. We probably will come here again, but only for cocktails and apps.
- So close to being goodJmashaVIPDined on 6/1/2014First, the location and interior was great. Not large, but very well done. Our bar service was great and friendly. Overall, we just didn't find the food and plating very refined. My fish was good, but it was hidden under more kale than I could eat all week. The duck fat fries were just ok. For $9, I expected more. I'd recommend it as a bar if you were downtown and wanted an appetizer and drink, but I can't recommend for a full dinner. Also, if you are looking for a good gluten free place, the menu has a few selections, but I was disappointed by what looked like it should be gf but wasn't.Special Features:
- Excellent roofA182pilotDined on 5/29/2014A nice lunch time reprieve from the stress of the day, the roof top dining was so enjoyable and the service was excellent. My date and I really enjoyed our visit. It should be rather romantic at night under the city lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeodisVIPDined on 5/23/2014I asked the waitress what she recommended and sheSpecial Features:
- Near RymanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014We went for a pre-concert meal. It is only one block from the Ryman. Great atmosphere. Learned about their appetizer called poutine. Gravy, french fries, cheese curd....definitely goes well with a beer. We would gladly visit Pub5 again.Special Features:
- SatisfiedPartyPlannerDined on 4/26/2014We had a great experience at pub 5 for my friends bachelorette party dinner. We were seated immediately and had a great server. Don't get the scallops if you're hungry though. There's only 3 of them for $27. The burgers and salads were hits with out group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Great restaurant with excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service bad food bad drinksPub5grossDined on 4/25/2014Food was gross and over priced. Server was rude and got our order wrong twice. Do NOT recommend!
- Great Building and Food at Pub5oliveatsDined on 4/23/2014We enjoyed our first dining experience at Pub% the other night before a concert at thee Ryman. The building alone--the oldest in downtown Nashville--is worth the visit. Very inventive drink menu; great corn fritters appetizer; parmesan pasta was excellent; North Carolina trout was nicely done, but the fried kale was a little heavy and in need of something else, perhaps a real veg or a starch. But the roasted fingerling potatoes, which we ordered as a side for the previous reason, were plentiful and delicious. After dinner we popped up to their rooftop bar, which has a stunning view of downtown. Well worth the trip!Special Features:
- Roof Top - Best!Taylor23Dined on 4/22/2014Pub5 has a great roof top view! Their food is excellent, everything we got was perfect! Only downfalls... 1. We typed in the notes on Open Table that we wanted a roof top table - but they tried to seat us on the first floor when we got there. We had to wait at the bar for 15 minutes for a table, so it wasn't that bad...but that's what reservations are for, right? 2. The table next to us was smoking, 5 girls, all smoking. It was hard to enjoy our food so we asked the server to move us. Even though we're outside on the roof top, I think smoking shouldn't be allowed. It could've ruined my food all together...Special Features:
- LOVE this place!JessDined on 4/19/2014FABULOUS meal. Sat on the rooftop-- festive with twinkle lights. Simply loved the quinoa salad with the trout-- YUM! Will definitely go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SaladsRoosterDined on 4/9/2014Really enjoyed the tabbouleh salad - nice to find a salad with a difference instead of the usual lettuce treats on a typical restaurant menu. Attentive, friendly staff. Casual, rustic atmosphere and charm. Will definitely be back. Great lunch venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.