Pub 17 on Welton Street
1750 Welton St
Denver, CO 80202-3940Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Pub 17 on Welton Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pub17denver.com/
- Phone: 3032951117
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am - a la carte menu, 6:00am - 9:30am Breakfast Buffet
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm - Brunch menu, 6:00am - 12:00pm Breakfast Buffet
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm a la carte menu, 11:00am - 1:30pm lunch buffet
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chef Jay Leandro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Ulrich 3032951117
A word from Pub 17 on Welton Street
The door to Pub 17 opens to the street…Denver’s mainline business run for going on 170 years. Step inside and you'll find the Mile High City's newest venue. Take in the mood. Simple and serene, Pub 17 on Welton Street is pure Colorado through and through. A celebration of high plains culinary fare, neighborhood microbrews and regional wines. Nothing stiff or formal here. The seating is deep and restful, the soft hues an easy backdrop to conversation…whether it's closing a deal or celebrating a small victory. It's all a reflection of the connections being made now, right now. After all, that's the thing that matters most. Pub 17. Your stop, on your watch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pub 17 on Welton Street reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birdie2BirdieDined on 9/16/2014Food quite good - esp. grits w/ Gorgonzola and lemon potatoes w/ salmonSpecial Features:
- So, so!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/20147 of us dined here. 3 didn't like their food. And of the 4 of us who liked our food, 2 of us ordered just hamburgers. The fries were cold, but the hamburger was good. Wouldn't go back.
- kmg1VIPDined on 6/28/2014The server was distracted and not all that helpful. Food was okay, but I've had much better lamb burgers. I did enjoy the side salad.Special Features:
- Place needs a FaceliftTravelerVIPDined on 5/31/2014At first, my companion and I sat at a booth (looked old, by the way), but the seats sank down too low. So, we asked to move to one of the high top tables near the bar. The seats at this table also sank down lower than normal, but we stayed anyway. The server was very good, but the food was mediocre.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Pub 17 on Welton Street reviews archive.
- great for lunchterriDined on 5/17/2014we had a large group in town for my son's graduation and this was perfect for a late lunch. the food was great...and service even better. great beer selection and the ruben was a huge hite. perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for hotel lobbyKertyMouseDined on 5/2/2014I must say the food was absolutely outstanding. Pork Belly street tacos are amazing. If you're looking for ambiaence, romance or big social scene, this isn't your place. The crowd are largely hotel business guests hanging out at the bar. The atmosphere is very much like a hotel restaraunt and we almost left as a result. But we were rewarded by the great food. I still can't get over how good this was for a hotel restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising little find in the HyattSeattleNativeVIPDined on 4/27/2014Their baba ganoush was wonderful - homemade. A surprise in the middle of a boring business trip!
- Little-known GemTravellinGalVIPDined on 4/12/2014Pub 17 was wonderful--terrific food (cheese tray = delicious!), they have a great kids' menu, the place was very quiet and low key, very clean and posh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute MealK9coachDined on 4/6/2014Decided to check this place out on the way to the airport before our dinner time departure on a Sunday. It's located in the lower level of an upscale hotel but price points were great and they have happy hour prices on food items and drinks everyday after 3pm. The food was outstanding and they have a great selection of craft beer on tap and in bottles. Again, $3 a pint after 3. The Mile High Ruben was excellent and portion size was plenty. I ate half and saved the other half for my meal on the plane. The others that were eating with me also had the Ruben, I think one of us had a burger and bragged that it was better than our Rubens. All in all, great food, atmosphere and services.Special Features:
- Decent food and Good for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/15/2014My friends and I had dinner here over St. Patrick's day weekend because of their availability. The food is decent and while it's not necessarily a hot spot it's easy, good for groups, and kid friendly. If you go there I recommend their beer cocktails-those were actually the gem of the place. My favorite was the pale ale and orange curacao concoction. An added bonus is the complimentary valet if you dine or stay in the Hyatt.Special Features:
- Nice MealFrequentGuest444Dined on 3/11/2014We made a reservation, thinking the place would be crowded during the week with a conference booked into the hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised that while the bar was mobbed, the restaurant wasn't. We enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- This is a pub??TBearVIPDined on 3/9/2014Food & service ok. No ambiance. Poor furniture arrangement for a pub. Should be totally renovated.
- As a returning guest, I reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/1/2014As a returning guest, I really like Pub 17 at Grand Hyatt Denver. The night we dined it was quite busy, which is not the norm, and the staff seemed a bit rushed. As always, the service was attentive and the food was really good. The TikiTorch is really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the buffet. The foodGoldentravelerDined on 2/12/2014We had the buffet. The food was good. A nice variety with many healthy choices. I was disappointed that the serving dishes for the entrees weren't kept replenished.Special Features:
- I thought when I made theKellyVIPDined on 2/7/2014I thought when I made the reservation that it was a new, restaurant. It turned out to be new to the Hyatt Hotel. It was a typical restaurant in a hotel. Not bad but nothing special. The service was really good but that is not enough to make me go back for a mediocre meal.
- Not what we were expectingDowntowndinerDined on 2/4/2014In looking at the Pub 17 website on OpenTable, I was expecting that we'd be able to sit down and order lunch. Once seated, the waitress bluntly told us that unless we wanted to wait about a half an hour for our meals, we'd better plan on selecting the buffet. When we got up to the buffet, most of the food was gone. Granted, the kitchen replaced it, but it caused our group to have to get up several different times to try to grab food as it came out and before some other table got it. Not very friendly service, food was OK.
- Decent hotel restaurant, reallyMJSuciDined on 1/30/2014Decent hotel restaurant, really a pleasant surprise! The burgers were the starsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Good.gigiDined on 1/25/2014I liked the place, but it wasn't anything special. I don't know if I will be returning.
- Great service...very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014Great service...very friendly staff. Great beer menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/11/2014Kim, Pete, and Bo are fun and attentive. The food is nice with the new menu- pork chop and NY Strip are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Christmas Day BrunchJustJamesDined on 12/25/2013Going here for brunch Christmas Day isn't probably the best indicator of how energetic this place was - it was awfully quiet as one might expect. Understaffed, but that might well have been due to what day it was. It's the main floor restaurant for the hotel above. Menu was fine. Nothing out of the ordinary and it was a fairly typical hotel dining lunch. Seemed quiet, with lots of room for each table. Mixed daylight on the ground floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2013The pub was a good place to catch up with my niece when she came to town for a visit. Portions or way too big! Very nice that they had gluten free options - my niece is now gluten free and I didn't know it, so that worked out! Food was good and it was quiet.Special Features:
- Once again great food (NYOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/21/2013Once again great food (NY Steak with Short Rib Jam), great service (Peter), great wine (Holy Cross).Special Features:
- Good meal, good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/19/2013Had an enjoyable dinner here. The menu is solid, and the food is good. Strong happy hour specials. The wait staff was very good, from alerting diners about the presence of nuts to waiting to ask about the food when the diners did not have food in their mouths to being on-the-spot with necessities. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for happy hour!EmmaloohooDined on 12/18/2013Went with friends for a weekday happy hour, and it was well worth it. Good fries, good deals on beer & wine, lots of fun, and we could hear each other. Haven't eaten a meal there, but if the snacks are any indication, the food is good!Special Features:
- DisappointedMichDined on 12/14/2013Disappointed with my experience. Made a booking to this restaurant at least 2 weeks in advance. I had booked a night at the Hyatt for the night before for a suprise for my girlfriend. I had booked the restaurant for 945 breakfast. Got woken up at 7:15am on day of the booking whilst asleep in the hyatt room to be informed that we had to come in before 9am because they have a function booked at 10am. I was pretty irritated they didnt tell me earlier and aslso had paid for a room to have a good sleep in and woken up early. Then had to dine earlier and when we got there half the food on the buffet was gone and not being refilled. Didn't get moneys worth & seemed like the staff really didn't care about the customers and just wanted us out.
- The Best part @ the "Grand" HyattSteveDined on 12/7/2013Dined twice here-Lunch and Brunch the following day. Service and food was great at both meals! Would consider eating here even if I didn't stay here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedHungryinDenverDined on 12/6/2013we waited a long time for our meal we watched others who sat and ordered after us recive their meals. We would have addressed this with our waiter if he would have stopped by but we ordered and he was no where to be found. he did however wait on other tables and fawn over them. Once the food arrived being brought out by other staff members not our waiter who by the way only had 4 other tables not that busy I have been a server and 4 tables should not be a problem it is a limited menu. Very dark and noisy.
- Great Birthday dinnerredheadcDined on 11/30/2013Wonderful food, nice atmosphere and a really nice server made it a great birthday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique burgerKrystalDined on 11/26/2013I think it's called the Meyers burger. Excellent taste and creativity. They use red onion jam which has a sweet taste along with horseradish for a little spice. Fries are cut in house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - the PEI musselsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/22/2013Great food - the PEI mussels and mushroom toast are fantastic. Our waiter Pete explained the wine list as a " progressive wine list " which helps the guest choose wine if they are not familiar with the selections listed. He gave great recommendations and service. The Whiskey Flight was enjoyable, and the Pub Shortribs terrific. Pumpkin Cheesecake was small but very very good. The atmosphere was not the best- very boring and dated. Food, drink, and service will have us returning. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very generous breakfastTomasVIPDined on 11/18/2013A very generous breakfast selection--full buffet, continental buffet or off the menu, you can't go wrong. A good breakfast deal in a pleasant environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and Very, Very GoodTomasVIPDined on 11/17/2013A very pleasant experience. Exceptional quality of food and service. Had the Scottish salmon and was MOST impressed. Served over a bed of wonderful lentils with some asparagus as a veggie. Outstanding. I thought it was all gourmet quality. And my server, Janet, was a delight. All complemented by a nice wine list and a great selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was a totalJananDined on 11/16/2013This restaurant was a total surprise! The menu was unique, with lots of variety! Our server was great, he was friendly and attentive. We loved this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very enjoyable meal.NancyDined on 11/15/2013We had a very enjoyable meal. Arrived early enough to have happy hour prices and found the selections sufficient for dinner. Very attentive, upbeat server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/3/2013The food was great and the wine list extensive. Our server, Peter, was fantastic. Ambiance was a bit lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good food.MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 10/27/2013Enjoyed the food and service. They did a great job. The martini's were rather overpriced at $10. The staff was great and treated us well. I would recommend for a great late night find and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseQuickReviewVIPDined on 10/11/2013I haven't heard much about this restaurant, and having lived downtown for the past year I was hesitant to give it a try, but I was pleasantly surprised. They were rotating the kegs for the Great American Beer Fest and our server was still knowledgeable about pairings and what to try. I had the salmon off the small bites menu but paired it with a house salad and it was phenomenal. The apple crisp dessert was also fantastic and perfect for sharing. If you love beer and want an enjoyable meal with ambiance then definitely give Pub 17 a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mac n cheeseevergreencubVIPDined on 9/26/2013Service was excellent and professional. Mac n cheese was best ever. Bacon and scallops in it was delicious. Budget cooked perfectly. Good soft bun. Opted for for a salad rather than fries. Good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected!luv2dineVIPDined on 9/21/2013Went to a show and were kind of hungry, so decided to try Pub 17. What a pleasant surprise! It doesn't look like a pub, but the food was excellent! Ate the corned beef sandwich and the Meyer Burger and both were exceptional. Pete, our server, was very attentive, gave great recommendations, efficient and friendly. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.