3345 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://psbangkok.com/
- Phone: 7738717777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30AM - 4:00PM Dinner: Sunday & Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:30PM Closed Mondays
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from P.S. Bangkok
Authentic Thai cuisine located in the heart of Lakeview. Natural and freshly prepared menu and excellent service keeps our customers coming back. A visit to P.S. Bangkok is a culinary voyage of discovery to the exotic tastes of Thailand. Come and try our Famous Pad Thai!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
P.S. Bangkok reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great Thai FoodJoeyDined on 8/29/2014Love PS Bangkok. I usually order for delivery, but had family in this past weekend so we ate at the restaurant. The food was excellent and everyone was pleased. The Chicken Rama and Nom Sad salad (chicken) stand out. Will be back again.Special Features:
- do not eat at this restaurantalanVIPDined on 7/18/2014Recently visited prior to a concert a wrigley field. We ordered 5 dinners, planning on sharing them at our table. After waiting for an hour, 3 of the dinners arrived. The last two never were brought to the table. We finally needed to leave to attend a concert, and the manager insisted that we pay for five dinners, even the one's that were never brought to our table. She explained that the kitchen made our dinners, but that the server brought them to the wrong table, where they were eaten. I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP--THEY WANTED US TO PAY FOR TWO DINNERS THAT WE NEVER RECEIVED, AND WERE EATEN AT ANOTHER TABLE. We refused, paid for the 3 dinners we ate, and left. These people are lunatics.
- Great food and serviceEFSloopVIPDined on 4/15/2014Love me tender duck? Yes, please. Lychee fried rice? What a wonderful idea! Both were tasty and service was wonderful. The owner was incredibly attentive and we had a pleasant dinner.Special Features:
- A FirstRobynWBDined on 8/3/2013This is the first time I have ever walked out of a restaurant before dinner was served. We waited an hour for appetizers, with no explanation about the slow service. With no dinner in sight we decided to go down the street to Al's Beef - which was delicious.
- good food, disappointing servicehappy2BfedDined on 6/9/2013A friend who was born in Thailand recommended PS Bangkok as authentic. In that respect they did not disappoint. Where they missed the mark was in service. I went with a group of 12 for dinner on a Sunday with advance reservations. The only person in the front of house was doing everything: busing tables, answering the phone, take-out orders and the bar. The kitchen couldn't manage multiple orders simultaneously, resulting in a very long wait. The only reason this review received more than one star was because the food was authentic and delicious with some unique dishes. The desserts were all served with the same too sweet frosting. Bottom line, the lack of service made our experience unpleasant.
- Great Great Thai food PerfectPackersVIPDined on 5/30/2013Great Great Thai food Perfect before or after a Cubs game Good place to let the owner select your meal.Special Features:
- The food good and the placeSecondVisitDined on 3/15/2013The food good and the place was quiet but unfortunately there are too many Thai restaurants on the North side and and some of the others I have dined at the food is much better.
- As with most Thai places,DFIDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2012As with most Thai places, it has an extensive menue. Food was good. Reasonable prices. Service was so so. The manager was very attentive because she had to make up for the server being a little overwhelmed, even though there were few tables.
- Outstanding panang curry!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2012Outstanding panang curry!! highly recommended although a bit hot for one of our diners. Service was excellent, with a very attentive and personable owner.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012Great neighborhood restaurant. Food was very good with some interesting menu items not often found in other Thai restaurants. The owner is friendly and attentive and wants to assure that every guest leaves happy.
- Slow Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2012It took the restaurant an hour to get us our food. I was with a group of 8 people and we didn't order anything out of the ordinary (no special requests or anything, just stuff off the menu). The place wasn't busy either, and other tables around us received their food first, so I'm not sure what they were doing in the kitchen. The food was ok but nobody cared about the food in my group because it took so long to get. I would not go back to this place again
- Dined on Saturday night, MarchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/17/2012Dined on Saturday night, March 17 (St. Patrick's Day) and the hostess didn't check us in properly, which generated a nasty e-mail from Open Table.Special Features:
- Great food for very great pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/4/2012This was a great restaurant. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. We were not disappointed and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Servers were very nice. RoomfoodnservicebratDined on 12/31/2011Servers were very nice. Room was beautiful but too bright. Appetizers were good but the main dishes were not good at all.
- So so food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/21/2011The food was not good. Even though the environment was adorable and the owner was sweet, I will not be returning. There are just too many good restaurants in Chicago to go to instead.
- It has been 15 years sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2011It has been 15 years since my first time at P.S. Bangkok and the food is still awesome. The decor is very authentic, the owner cares about your experience and the neighborhood - Wrigleyville - is just fun!Special Features:
- Fantastic meal, family runningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2011Fantastic meal, family running services, very cordial. They have been added to my list of favorites.Special Features:
- Over the years P.S. BangkokNeighborhoodDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2011Over the years P.S. Bangkok has consistently delivered some of the best Thai food in Chicago. Worth a trip.Special Features:
- not recommendableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Really very poor service! They needed 20 minutes to tell us that our ordered beer isn't cold enough - and they only told us after we asked for it! Then we wanted to order more rice and from 30 times the waitress walked by she never looked once in our direction. We had to ask four times for the bill.... I can not understand, why some people think they could run a restaurant! btw: the food was too oily, that is because we wanted more rice....