777 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ps7restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2027428550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm.
Happy Hour in our Lounge Monday 4pm-close; Tuesday-Friday 4pm-7pm
Closed on Sundays and most major holidays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering packages can be arranged for pickup, Please inquire within for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer prefixed menus starting at $35 (lunch)or $65(dinner) for seated functions. We have a wide variety of options for your personal or business receptions as well. PS7's is pleased to offer personalized events for your group of 8, as well as over 200. Please contact Sherette Williams to schedule an apointment so that we can discuss how to make your event one of a kind.
- Private Party Contact: Sherette Williams 2027428550
- Special Events: We routinely host wine dinners, cocktail tasting menus in our lounge, themed happy hours, and cocktail and cooking classes featuring Chef Peter Smith's cuisine and our bar team's intriguing cocktails. Please join our mailing list so we can keep you posted!
- Cross Street: I Street between 7th & 8th
- Public Transit: 1 Block north on 7th Street from the Gallery Place Metro (Red Line, Yellow Line, & Green Line).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: PS 7's is located on top of a public parking garage which has rates of $9-15 for 1-9 hours of parking time. The entrance is at 801 "Eye" St NW. Please contact us for detailed directions for using this facility. There is also parking in a public lot for a flat $10 fee 1 1/2 blocks west of the restuarant on "eye" street. Street parking is also available at metered spots for $2/hour until 9:30pm Mon-Sat. Please contact us with any and all parking related questions.
A word from PS 7's
Conveniently located in Washington DC's Penn Quarter neighborhood, PS7's has repeatedly been named one of Washingtonian Magazine's Top 100 Restaurants and Best Bars/Lounges. The Washington Post also ranked us a "Best Bet" for 2009. Our menu features Chef Peter Smith's playful take on Contemporary American cuisine, showcased in the warm, sweeping design by GrizForm Design Architects. Specializing in seasonal, locally grown ingredients, Chef Smith offers his guests a variety of dining options, including cocktail tasting menus, expertly paired wines, the sumptuous desserts of Pastry Chef Lauren Whitledge, and the amazing cocktails of our bar team. Join us in the lounge for daily happy hour from 4-7 pm wine and beer specials and half price flat breads. Accommodations for private parties ranging in sizes of 8 to over 100 guests can be arranged for meetings, celebrations, and other events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PS 7's reviews from OpenTable diners
- We have enjoyed the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2012We have enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the service -- especially the service -- on several occasions. High on our list if special evening eateries. Thanks
- Quality cocktails/food w/a smileDrawPastTenseVIPDined on 11/13/2012A lot of restaurants these days are throwing aroung the word "mixologist" to call their bartender but Anthony at PS7 was the real deal. Very talented and charming to boot. The meal after was terrific... Shrimp salad an asparagus risotto served by a fantastic, friendly long haired redhead (whose name escapes me). Great experience overall, looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Time to develop the 2015 menu...epicurasVIPDined on 11/10/2012The menu could bear some updating and changes. There are so many other proteins, vegetables, and starches to play with. I would suggest that PS 7's crowd would enjoy some modernized tagines to share... Or a paella based on cous cous. Or something with tapioca pearls. Or duck, or monkfish ~ or something off the charts on creative... The current menu is so 2010...Special Features:
- Went for lunch. InattentiveJDH1Dined on 11/7/2012Went for lunch. Inattentive service. Food was only mediocre. Wasn't offered a dessert menu. Not sure what the hype is about PS7s, but not likely to venture back anytime soon.
- Went on a Tuesday...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012The food was good. Bread was good. Appetizer was pretty good. I had the fried chicken meal which was good, the chicken was very well cooked but not well seasoned. We went on a Tuesday night which was pretty empty. The waiter was very helpful. My friend had a steak dish which he said was very good but too small in portion for the price. I also had a unique butternut squash alcoholic drink which was cool. We were there for a birthday celebration however we did not receive any birthday congrats or anything along those lines so Im not sure why we were asked what the occasion was. Im not sure If I would be back but it was an okay time, not spectacular!Special Features:
- One of DC's best restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2012One of DC's best restaurants. A gem in a crowded restaurant scene that deserves greater recognition. PS7's has a convenient location and terrific menu for business lunches. Very warm and welcoming staff complement a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner Celebration!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012PS 7 was a 'one of a kind' restaurant. The management, chefs, and waiters made for such a lovely, intimate and delicious dinner. The food is by far the best in Washington and we would recommend that anyone visiting DC dine there.Special Features:
- I am not a big fan, but myhighlyedDined on 10/26/2012I am not a big fan, but my girlfriend wanted to go. I am had the beef short rib..which I did not know what wrapped in some kind of phyllo dough. My girl had the pork...I tried a piece I wasn't overly impressed. We had the sweet potato cake dessert...this may have been the smallest dessert i have ever seen!! The service was excellent, the food was plated magnificently and the reastaurant has a nice atmosphere. I am just not impressed with the food. Sorry.Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteJoyHappyVIPDined on 10/19/2012This is one of my favorite restaurants, but I have to admit the risotto was a bit soupy and it took a long time to receive a second bread plate. Other than that, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- In need of refinementEdwardVIPDined on 10/13/2012We were seated promptly, but the service deteriorated from that point forward. We were never asked whether we wanted drinks other than water, and our glasses were long empty before our server topped them off at my request. To his credit, he stayed on top of it thereafter. When it came time to order, the kitchen was out of the dish that my girlfriend wanted, and we were not informed of this until we'd already spent time looking at the menu and making decisions. In my opinion, anything that's unavailable should be mentioned alongside the specials. Ultimately, we went with pork loin and cornbread-crusted trout. The fish was lovely, but the pork was so salty as to be practically inedible. Our dessert, finally, was way too sweet. Less is more!
- Certainly disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012I may have been there on a bad night, but I have been there before but this experience was an embarrassment to the couple I took here. The waiter forgot drinks several times, it took over 1 and half to place out full order, and over 2 to receive it, and the food was sub par at best. I was excited to come back here after my previous experience, but I will be in no rush to come back at all. Certainly disappointing.
- Pass on it!JDDDVIPDined on 10/13/2012Food was just Ok but it was maybe the worst service I've had in years. Although we had 7:30 pm dinner on a Saturday, they were out of many items on the entire menu (starters, entrees and desserts). The wait staff forgot to bring our drinks, shrimp had to be sent back for being under-cooked, etc. It seemed like one thing after another. Wouldn't go back certainly wouldn't recommend it - very disappointing.
- Restaurant with great ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2012Restaurant with great ambiance. The kobe beef dish was a bit disapponting.Special Features:
- Quick, excellent service withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Quick, excellent service with superbly prepared food. Will go there again.
- Memorable Anniversary #32OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012I enjoyed the Kobe beef. The accompanied onion and mushroom, sauce and Maytag blue cheese was fantastic. The special of tuna was prepared for my wife perfectly. Plating met the critics level of expectation. They made our 32 anniversary memorable with the quality of the meal. I'd go back. I can't remember a better meal. After 32 years, I have plenty with which to campare.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2012Excellent food and service as usual. My only quip is that waiters not stare at people when they kiss.Special Features:
- Great cuisine, the samplerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2012Great cuisine, the sampler appetizer was fantastic as were the main course offerings. Unique and flavorful food pairings. The staff was very attentive and knowledgable. We highly recommend PS 7's to anyone wanting a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful meal thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2012Had a wonderful meal there for my birthday. The server was so polite and gave us plenty of time to go over the menu. Our food arrived and it looked fantastic and tasted equally good. Despite the restaurant's location, once you enter the restaurant you don't feel like you're in the middle of downtown. I'm looking forward to returning and trying more of the menu.Special Features:
- Very disappointing comparedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/8/2012Very disappointing compared to last visit two years ago. Slow though friendly service, food nothing special, and the menu ridiculously small. No wonder it waqs nearly empty on a Saturday night.
- We went for a Friday nightHungryForBostonDined on 9/7/2012We went for a Friday night dinner with another couple. The ambiance is not terribly unique, but we actually discussed how it could be a good place to bring clients. The food was hit or miss. I started with the roasted tomato soup & it was one of the best I've ever had; lots of flavor, but not too heavy and with delicious foccacia croutons. The other couple split the warm spinach salad & devoured it. My boyfriend ordered the braised short ribs, which came wrapped in pastry puff. It was incredibly tender & flavorful. I ordered the Philly style flat bread & was highly underwhelmed. It sounded great but was poorly executed; there was so much cheese it more resembled a pizza. Our friends both ordered the cornmeal crusted trout & were neutral.Special Features:
- Our waitress was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012Our waitress was very good. Very quiet and romantic--we had a nice table. Entrees were very good. Only criticism is that we were asked to keep our forks after eating our appetizers by one of the busboys.Special Features:
- DissapointingJBeeVIPDined on 8/31/2012I guess I expected the food to be a 3-4 star - but it was a 1.5 in my opinion. It was very dissappointing after reading such good reviews. One person at our table ordered fried chicken - they got a wing and a thigh...pleeze :(Special Features:
- I love this restaurant butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2012I love this restaurant but it was the first time I did not finish my meal as the fried Chicken was not good and very fatty. The cole slaw was very sour tasting. Very disappointing for sure.
- A wonderful beginning to ourGoodvalueVIPDined on 8/25/2012A wonderful beginning to our lives as empty nesters. Thank you for such great food and service. It is a gem in Washington.Special Features:
- Service was very slow. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Service was very slow. It took 1 hour for me to receive my appetizer. Given that, I wish we had received a refill of our bread basket.Special Features:
- excellent meal and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012excellent meal and attentive service. PS 7 had extended the restaurant week menu for a second week. Look forward to returning to check out the full menu.Special Features:
- PS7 is one of our "go to"PeteVIPDined on 8/20/2012PS7 is one of our "go to" restaurants in DC. We have always loved it. Unfortunately on this occasion they decided to "extend" the restaurant week menu beyond restaurant week. We really struggled to find dishes we wanted and after the selection found the preparation FAR from the routine PS7 standards. The wait staff tried to assist, but the menu was simply just too limited and unimaginative. We will return, but we will certainly check on the menu and restaurant week interference the next time.Special Features:
- Our hostess was really funnyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Our hostess was really funny and our server was very friendly. The appetizers were a bit salty but I guess that's what happens even you come here for restaurant week. The entree and dessert was exceptional. I would recommendSpecial Features:
- Normally, Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/18/2012Normally, Restaurant Week meals are somewhat lackluster but this meal was one of the best we have ever had! We've eaten at PS 7's on many occasions, but this was our all time favorite! We're still talking about that meal and it was two weeks ago!Special Features:
- We were there for restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012We were there for restaurant week. Food was great. Service was very poor. We didnt even get our drinks and the 1st course came wiithe the extra appetizers we ardered as a prelude to the first course. The people next to us were seated before us but they were enjoying their wine and then their 1st course came later as it should.
- The service and setting wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012The service and setting was exactly what you want in a restaurant. You can hear your dining companion, no problem. The staff is friendly and unobtrusive. My only complaints are with the food. The warm spinach salad is delicious and well composed. The Arctic char was melt-in-your-mouth amazing, but the potato salad that accompanied it was flavorless and not worth the carbs. The dessert called "In Between" was disappointing. The graham crust was thick, hard and like eating plaster. The caramel sauce was fabulous but there was only enough for a single taste.Special Features:
- The staff was incredibly welcomingLBK714VIPDined on 8/18/2012The staff was incredibly welcoming and very attentive.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back whendoonalucVIPDined on 8/17/2012Can't wait to go back when it isn't restaurant week - looking forward to the whole menu! The wait staff is fantastic here. What a treat to have the chef spend time with us chatting!Special Features:
- I visited PS 7 with a groupPeebDined on 8/17/2012I visited PS 7 with a group of friends for Restaurant Week. The menu was extensive, each course was absolutely delicious, and I'd eat here again for full-price. My only quibble was that service was somewhat slow and the waiter didn't really ever check in to see if we needed anything unless he was serving the next course. They also seemed impatient when it took me a while to make up my mind what I wanted for dessert and by our coffee order.Special Features:
- Fine for Restaurant Week lunchJessahDined on 8/17/2012A group of four of us went for lunch during Restaurant Week. While they had RW wine specials, we ordered off the great beer list. We all liked our appetizers a lot, so felt we were off to a good start... and then the entrees came. Two of us LOVED our entrees of beef shortribs and trout, but the other two - who ordered the same shrimp salad - found theirs underwhelming, and not very satisfying (the shrimp was good, but the salad was dry and uninteresting). The booze-infused desserts were all a hit, so nobody left the table feeling too disappointed. I'd probably go back again, and I hear the bar is a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Must try the Tuna Slidersjessicat17Dined on 8/16/2012Must try the Tuna Sliders and Warm Spinach Salad. They have a great cocktail list and service is outstanding!Special Features:
- JuanchoJuanchoDined on 8/16/2012Outstanding food. Great wait staff that know the food and the wine and remembered us when we returned! One of our favorite spots for interesting food and great drinks. We'll be back often if just to see what creations Peter has prepared.Special Features:
- Disappointing FoodDelishDined on 8/16/2012Food was disappointing, but I went during restaurant week, so it's likely that the restaurant wasn't putting its best foot forward. Unfortunate though, because I would have gone back to pay full price but now I won't because food was sub-par. Our service was great as was the ambiance. Overall disappointed because I had heard great things.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ConvenientlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2012Food was excellent. Conveniently located 1.5 blocks from Gallery Place metro. A little noisy due to a large party seated behind us. Great experience, though.Special Features:
- I'm not new to Peter Smith'sDrDikDined on 8/15/2012I'm not new to Peter Smith's joint, and I continue to like it.Special Features: