Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen
50 Lancaster Avenue
Columbia, PA 17512Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lostcajunkitchen.com/contact.html
- Phone: 7176841706
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday: 4:30PM - 11:00PM, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 11:00PM - 12:00AM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: David & Sharon Prudhomme
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: From small groups to larger groups of 100+ Prudhomme"s Lost Cajun Kitchen can make your event a unique and memorable one! "Before you sign, let us design!" Menus for the adventurous or not, items that will delight both young and old. Break away from the hum drum, same old. Look for new ideas to give your event that special feel! Weddings, Banquets, Family Reunions, Graduations, Rehearsals, Corp. Meetings and Employee Appreciation Dinners, Seminars, Training Sessions, Birthday Parties-adult and children's age appropriate fun days . Call us for further iformation.
- Private Party Facilities: Our recently renovated banquet Hall, Prudhomme's On Fourth, is just two blocks away from the restaurant. Parking lot available as well as street parking. Built in 1853, once know as the Bitner Hotel. Everything from finger foods to full entrees are available. Menus created per your event and budget. Hall rental 250.00 for up to 3-4 hours. Non-Smoking site with rear courtyard available for smokers. BYOB option.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon 7176841706
- Entertainment: Mon.-All You Can Eat Fish Fry 7.50
Tues.-Pasta Night 10.50
Wed.-live acoustic 70"s-Keith Kinard, Wings 'n Yuengling Spec.
Thurs-Music Trivia 7-10pm, Jambalaya/haddock Spec.12.95
Fri-full Menu DJ Karoke 9-12am, Late Night Food Spec. 9-12am
Sat-Live Ent.(see website)7-10pm
Sun.-dinner spec. TBA weekly, Live Entertainment, 1/2 off Bloody Mary, $3 Mimosa
A word from Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen
Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen celebrates 21 years! Unique on premise cooking makes this a must visit destination! From Cajun to all American, the Lost Cajun Kitchen has something for everyone. Famous for the catfish, guests will also find steaks, pastas, pork loin, burgers , fajitas, wraps, quesadillas, wings and more. Check website for full menu & events. Originally known as the the Rising Sun Hotel, cira.1853 this unique victorian was once a speakeasy during prohibition. Also a known & popular "haunt", it appears on the front cover of Ghosts of The River Towns, by Rick Fisher. Over the years the Prudhomme's have had many paranormal investigative groups stay gathering both auditory and visual info. Ghostly Paranormal wine dinners are often scheduled as well as live music several nights per week. Meals are cooked to order and special requests are welcome. Live crawfish are available only during April-June, although crawtail are available for many dishes all year long.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great FoodMandMfromYorkDined on 5/30/2014I regularly go to Louisiana for work. This is New Orleans North as far as food is concerned. I am a regular.Special Features:
- good foodCriticDined on 5/18/2014The food was good and the kids meals were simple. The service was good and the prices were just right, loved the sw=t potato pie although it did not taste homemade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousYummyDined on 5/6/2014Prudhomme's never disappoints! The food is delicious. No matter what you order- it is prepared fresh and seasoned perfectly. Their duck is especially special- the best ever tasted. Not a bit fatty. The service is attentive and the servers are knowledgable.The magician was there and he was very entertaining.Special Features:
- Excellent as usual!KDHarleyDined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious as usual. Only my third visit (we don't live that close) but i and my dining partners have loved everything we have gotten every visit.Special Features:
- Great Time and great Food!gettysburg2Dined on 4/25/2014We went for the Friday night karaoke but now will go back any day for the food! Everything from the hush puppies to the crawfish was done right and with spice--not hot just tasty! A true NOLA/Cajun restaurant in South-Central PA for some reason--but it is to our advantage! The absolute best catfish I have ever had. Blackened, not breaded, filets were thick, moist, and flaky makes other catfish look like fish sticks (LOL). A very casual restaurant with a bar but the food is far from plain and ordinary!!Special Features:
- Good Cajun FoodBillDined on 4/12/2014Ate there for dinner on a Saturday night. Setting is a bar/restaurant combination. Live music was available but it was loud; we were seated at a table in the bar so we could hold a conversation but in the dining room conversation would have been very difficult(music was in the dining room and was very good, just volume was too high). Food was excellent. Crab stuffed onion appetizer was very good. Seafood platter was combination of blackened catfish, hush puppies, clam strips, and shrimp/crawfish creole with some jambalaya. Seasoning was very good; not overly done. Food tasted fresh - even the clam strips. Nice N'awlins cooking for midstate PA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!ShellyDined on 3/6/2014Pennsylvania Dutch Country has not been a Mecca for those craving vibrant flavors and authentic cuisines from exotic places, in my experience, so my visit to Prudhomme's was a huge departure from the norm. My boyfriend (family roots in New Orleans), my parents and I visited Prudhomme's last week. The comfortably funky decor created a relaxed atmosphere where we were greeted by and chatted easily with both owners. Our only dilemma was deciding which of the tantatlizing menu items we were going to be able to try in one sitting. We sampled New Orleans staples like Jambalaya, Gumbo, blackened shrimp, and po'boys, and intriguing things like Cajun Whoopie Pies and crab stuffed onion rings. We left, completely satiated and planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Two Best in Area!BirdyCDined on 3/1/2014Odd that little Columbia, PA, should have two of the best restaurants around, but it does! And Prudhomme's is one. Food is fantastic, prices moderate, and they offer non-Cajun food, too. The catfish dishes are wonderful & hushpuppies the best ever. I've On our recent visit, I had wanted the duck, which was on the online menu, but wasn't on the restaurant menu. When I asked about it, they made it up special for me! And it was delicious. Owners are hands on, and said, when I thanked them for making the duck, they will make an item that's no longer on the menu if they have the ingredients. Where do you get that kind of service these days? Restaurant is small; reservations are a good idea. Highly recommended gem, one of our faves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, differentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014We drove an hour with another couple to check this out. Having been to K-Paul's and other restaurants in New Orleans over the decades, and having cooked in the style from books, we had an idea of what we wanted. Lost Cajun Kitchen delivered. We're looking forward to driving up there again to check out more items on the menu and to get repeat orders of David's Pasta and hushpuppies. Columbia was also fun to walk around, and we'll explore it more as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable Cajun FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Hidden Gem. Get the catfish - I've never had anything like it. Owners are fully engaged in the business and make sure all is running as it should. Relaxed atmosphere, good prices. Currently my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Great piece of the bayouMattDined on 2/15/2014Prudhomme's is great. Owners always present and ready to help bus a table which is the sign of a well run place. The food is the real deal. They've got the not spicy options of course but where the dish calls for spicy, Prudhomme's delivers. All delicious. Try them out, they'll keep you coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantBrimichDined on 2/14/2014The food is most excellent and reasonably priced for their fare. Nice atmosphere - a real down home feeling. They also have a bar and live music that really adds to the ambiance. A real find for Columbia.Special Features:
- Good JobShawnaDined on 2/11/2014the service was great, food tasty and the staff was welcoming, warm, friendly and inviting. They took time to tell us about events that are upcoming which sound wonderful. We hope to be able to make it to some of them. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun night outFoodtravellerDined on 2/8/2014The restaurant is quirky. We were seated in the bar area due to crowding, I assume, and I didn't see rest of establishment. Tables were diner style and rickety. The service was prompt but not attentive once delivered. Blackened catfish cooked to perfection on my filtet but similar item on party member's plate overcooked,though clam strips and gumbo were very good. Red beams and rice, hush puppies, also very tasty, rounded out the meal. It was Saturday night and live music consisted of a singer w taped music, but she was good, setting atmosphere without drowning conversation. Overall: interesting flavors, and worth a visit. If "down home" Cajun in rustic setting is your thing, go. If haute cuisine is desired, avoid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back...LovetoEatDined on 1/24/2014It was great! We have told many people about it already! We can't wait to go back again! Next time I am trying the frog legs :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere and Great FoodPV2014Dined on 1/17/2014Felt like we were in New Orleans! Great food. Interesting atmosphere. Live music. Fun Time. Will definetly go again.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable mealRobertDined on 1/11/2014We went to Prudhommes with friends who were skeptical of Canjun style cuisine. They were converted. We like going to Prudhommes for lunch and dinner. In addition to the food, it is always friendly and laid back.Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2013As always, TERRIFIC!! It was a great introduction for new move-ins from New Mexico! The music was good and the food selection was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Was on line looking for a band we had seen previously and enjoyed (Jazz Me). Service was very good food as was food. Owners were very involved with running with all aspects of the restaurant. Thoroughly enjoyed evening and will return. Hopefully can combine dinner with same band.Special Features:
- Best Cajun No'th of the Mason-DixonCarlSDined on 11/2/2013Catfish, crawfish, shrimp, Oh! My! This is old family Cajun cookin' the links of which most of us Yankees never get to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BunchChipDined on 10/27/2013Very enjoyable lunch here with our daughter and 4 of her gal-pals from a nearby college on a Sunday afternoon. We ordered crab dip and hush puppies appetizers, Po-Boys, Twister Shifter sandwiches (all delicious and enormous) and an odd new entree: Buffalo Chicken Bowl which "works", however I wish the mashed potatoes had less of a "boxed" taste and consistency to them. Service by Natalie was friendly and unhurried.
- delicious menu & specialshowardDined on 10/19/2013We usually order off the menu but tried the specials on our visit. They were so good. We enjoyed the music as well. Love love love this place. The owners are so friendly and the staff were more than efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personally the place was aLostDined on 10/19/2013Personally the place was a great find, food was great and reasonably priced. The feel of the place was romantic and exactly was what i was looking for with my wife. However on a bad note if i reserved a table and buying drinks and ordering appetizers and food throughout the night i should not be asked that i have to leave to the bar because there are other patrons waiting for table . Dont rush me. we were pretty upset with the staff and also the waitress was kinda of lost on the menu, mot sure if was her first day or she was plain o lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; waitress knowledgeaMyfatcatDined on 10/16/2013Excellent food; waitress knowledgeable about entrees; first time trying a REAL hushpuppy & not one from a chain restaurant. Will most definitely take a return trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExpericenceMamaFishDined on 9/30/2013We took our family of 7 and had wonderful service! We ordered 5 different sandwiches to divide up. Everything was delicious. I especially enjoyed the crab melt and the fried tomato sandwich. You don't always get friendly service when you take 5 children out, but our waitress was very helpful. She made great recommendations and a few substitutions; all with a smile. We went with a Double Take Deal, too. We will be back!Special Features:
- ..always exceptional...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2013we have been to prudhomme's on a few occasions and have always had exceptional food and a great experience....the staff is friendly and the owners make you feel like family...I will continue to suggest to friends that they need to add this establishment to their "must do" list....Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2013I have been looking at ads for Prudhome's for a while and finally had the opportunity to travel out to Columbia for a try. The three of us were in for a unique treat. The menu had a nice choice of Cajun fare, as wellas selections that would appeal to anyone else in the party. It is a smaller establishment and I felt lucky to get reservations through Open Table on a Friday night with only one and a half hour prior to our dining time. It was, as expected, very busy. There was a gent with a karoke set-up providing vocals for some oldies, and the house was joining in. The dress code was given as business casual, and I think we were overdressed compared to the other folks there. There were plenty of shorts and T-shirts around, and very relaxed.Special Features:
- Worth Goin Out of Your WayLeGrandDineDined on 8/18/2013Prudhomme's is a destination. The food is worth going out of your way to eat. We brought some home for the next night. All season delights and comfortable surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!MacSDined on 8/17/2013Food was excellent. All Cajun dishes highly recommended. Some at our table thought the étouffée too spicy. Disappointed that they stopped serving boiled crawfish due to lack of customer demand. Wish they would start again.Special Features:
- the gator tail was 10$ andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2013the gator tail was 10$ and they served us six small nuggets the meat was so chewy not tender and it was very gamy I've had gator tail before on several occasions and this was definitely not a more memorable one. I ordered the frog leg entree and the frog legs themselves were the same as the gator tail very chewy and quite bland. the waitress was very nice and very helpful but the food just didn't do it for us. overall the place seemed a bit out dated and we were lucky enough to miss that evenings entertainment.Special Features:
- Family DinnerSteveDined on 8/3/2013Was very pleased with the quality of the food, Stepmom was overwhelmed with the amount of food ended up taking home some of it. Catfish was very good, really enjoyed the rice and black beans, my Dad actually ate his whole dinner which is unlike him. Ambiance was very pleasing, no need to rush, very laid back. Will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2013It was an okay experience. The food wasn't great. My wife's dinner was really good. Mine was okay, not great. The gumbo was not good at all. And, they didn't even have us down for a reservation! Good thing there was only two other people in there or I'm not sure what would have happened. I doubt we'll go back.
- first visitArkansas119Dined on 7/28/2013I love Cajun food and have been wanting to go for a long time. My son doesn't much care for Cajun but knew I wanted to go so he went and found a breaded haddock and fries that worked fine for him. I had the Bayou platter and loved it. What really blew us away were the hushpuppies! YUM!!! The teas are fine (we don't drink) but stay away from the fountain sodas... they are terrible. The live music was interesting, not something I'd want every day but passable and not annoying. Looking forward to going for lunch some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun, upscale bar but still a barZzzTheDayDined on 7/20/2013There is NOTHING not to like here as long as your expectations are set. The food was good as promised, and definitely go for the food. The decor is New Orleans eclectic (being considerate) but everyone was nice from the owners to the staff to the patrons. in fact, we were there on 'Sinatra' night (3rd Saturday I think), and while it wasn't Vegas, who thought it would be? It was honest, fun, neighborhood good times, good food, at a good price. That's a noble goal and they've obviously hit the mark. I think regulars, if there are some, would be considered family. The menu is online and on Open Table; you should be able to find something wonderful without trouble. Take a trip to Columbia! This place isn't big, so go for the reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!ShannonDined on 7/19/2013I have best friends who live on the gulf coast about an hour from New Orleans and I fell in love with cajun/southern cuisine while visiting many times. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was here in Columbia. My husband and I wanted to eat at restaurant that was a little different than where we would usually go, and we were out for our anniversary. The service was quick and the food was hot and good. I would've tried the bread pudding for dessert but I was too full! We'll definately go back again. It is a bit small inside, so if you have small kids, the noise level could be annoying to others b/c of the proximity to other patrons, but its probably not a place we'd take our young son anyways.Special Features:
- Had crabmeat stuffed flounder.joekrzDined on 7/6/2013Had crabmeat stuffed flounder. Good presentation, very good flavor. Very good dining experiance.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedDoverpennsylvaniaDined on 7/5/2013We have been waiting to try this place, and it was well worth the wait. Food was great and service was awesome. Everybody in the restaurant was so nice and friendly. I would recommend this place to anybody. I give it a THUMBS UP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique restaurant. DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013Unique restaurant. Different menu than any other in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic FoodAushie35Dined on 6/28/2013The food was excellent. I was in New Orleans a few years ago and fell in love with jambalya and gumbo and I was relegated to get pre-made cajun food from the grocery store in central PA. From the authentic cajun food, to the old tiffany lamps over the tables, to the owner with his authentic bayou draw, I would recommend Prudhomme's to anyone. It was also very appreciated when the waitress asked if we had any coupons. We did not. So she recommended that we check in on Facebook and that would allow her to give us 10% off the check. Any little bit helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back.....catwomanDined on 6/25/2013Loved the food, even though two of three diners do not like "hot/spicy" food. Waitress was attentive, knew the menu choices well, when we asked for suggestions. Our choices were Swampi, (similar to Jambalaya); the steamed crab legs and blackened shrimp special; and Chicken and Shrimp N'Awlins. All choices were great! We topped off the meals with three homemade dessert choices. A great meal with friends, and a friendly, comfortable place. All three of us will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.