161 N Jefferson
Chicago, IL 60661Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provincerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3126699900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner : Monday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:30pm, Friday 11:30am - 11:30pm, Saturday Dinner only: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Randy Zweiban
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Province welcomes your guests in two Private Dining Rooms that can accommodate groups of 10-40 for lunch or dinner and up to 60 for a cocktail party. The Private Dining Rooms reflect the modern approach to farmhouse aesthetic that is the signature design of Province.
- Private Party Contact: Megan 3126699900
A word from Province
Province is an American café influenced by the modern, evolving cuisines of Spain and South America. Housed in a gold-level LEED-certified green building, Province incorporates green building materials, recycled design materials and Energy Star-rated equipment. Sustainable, organic, and biodynamic sources are the foundation for food, wine, and beverages of Province. In the warmer months enjoy Province's spacious and comfortable patio. With seating for up to 50 guests, the dramatic space is one of the West Loop's most desirable outdoor dining destinations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Province reviews from OpenTable diners
- YumMIkeDined on 11/9/2013Food was really good, and fresh. Chef even sent out a complimentary tasting and it was awesome.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service and PreparationswasgrafxDined on 11/9/2013From farm to table, well sourced ingredients make these dishes really stand out. The small, Mediums and sides are enough for a table of four. Must have the Lobster mashed potatoes, Farm vegetables and Scallops. The Salmon, Tuna and Paella are notable for their spot on preparation. We helped celebrate their 5 year anniversary with 50% off wine, in this case the 2009 Temparanillo. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I looked for a place nearWomanOverboardVIPDined on 11/1/2013I looked for a place near my office (Madison and Wacker) that was new. I thoroughly enjoyed Province and was surprised when they told me they have been around for five years. I would go back for lunch and maybe even dinner again. I loved the Business lunch special. Smart and very good.Special Features:
- Creative & Contemporary date spot!AvidChicagoDinerDined on 10/29/2013Food is creative & outstanding! The host and manager were very welcoming. Contemporary decor is fun and my pear cocktail was delicious. We had the duck/chorizo cannelloni for an appetizer which was incredible and the perfect portion for the 2 of us. I had the California Himachi which was so flavorful and flawless. My date very much enjoyed the surf and turf- sea scallops and short ribs. The food was executed very well and will definitely bring us back in the future. Our waitress was not the most enthusiastic person but the manager made up for that with his energy & was personally very attentive to our table as well as the other tables. The restaurant was the perfect noise level that Tuesday- quiet enough to be romantic but still vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sustaining and spectacularjoncarolVIPDined on 10/25/2013OUr Chef's choice dinner was superb. We ate here because it was close to the Lyric prior to Otello. We asked if we could have the wonderful sounding Tasting menu and still make the curtain. The server assured us we could (and we did) and we never felt rushed but enjoyed every bite and every sip. It's a great bargain for luscious, creative food and delightful wines ($74.00). We heartily recommend this to any and every one and plan to enjoy another tasting menu with our family at our family reunion in March.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening at provinceRoziDined on 10/23/2013I was tasked to find a place for me and my fiance to take his cousin who was in town for just a couple of days. She is pescatarian so I was looking for a place that had many options for all of us. I hadn't been to Province but it looked good on Fodor's, the website and Yelp reviews. It was fantastic, the food was wonderful with many options, the servers were great and it wasn't crazy expensive. The ambience was nice, a comfortable place for us to sit, see and hear each other. We put it on our list and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDArdeDined on 10/21/2013It is almost impossible to find a quiet place to have lunch around the downtown Chicago area. Province is that and more. The food is excellently presented in good portions at acceptable prices by friendly and helpful staff. The Bonuses are that the food tastes great and you can hear the person with whom you are dining with without shouting. This is a great place to have that business lunch with a client or the special occasion lunch with someone with whom you would like to converse. I highly recommend Province.Special Features:
- Lunch with friend. Took thecookie1950Dined on 10/18/2013Lunch with friend. Took the business lunch special. Choice from 2 appetizers and 3 entrees. Three of these five choices were salads. Could have more variety. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-opera choicerluekensDined on 10/18/2013I was looking for a different restaurant to eat lunch prior to the opera matinee for my wife and me. I could not have been happier with my choice. Province was not as crowded as the choices up on Wacker Drive and had food that was unique and tasty. We had the 11:30 am reservation and were the first people in the restaurant. It soon filled to about 3/4 full. The service was outstanding as our waiters seemed to be intent on catching our signals whenever we needed anything. It was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBrunchloverVIPDined on 10/16/2013This was a wonderful dining experience . Wed mites are tasting menu with the wine pairings included in the price...a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience!ElyArtistDined on 10/12/2013Province is one of those restaurants that is consistently great. We love the fact that portion sizes are small enough to allow us to share lots of wonderful dishes. We always enjoy eating at Province and are very fortunate to have it as a "neighborhood restaurant."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland and slowme2222VIPDined on 10/5/2013The server greeted us right away, but then abandoned us for 17 minutes before we could order, we had a show to catch. Once we ordered the food was delivered in normal, but not fast. Fall Squash salad had mushy squash and scissor cut lettuce, pretty bland. The Ahi tacos were ok, but again bland with sauces that had color, but little taste. It was quiet ( I love that) , and the decor was nice.
- Food was great and servicecharDined on 10/3/2013Food was great and service was friendly. Try the Mushroom appitizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.SistersDined on 9/21/2013This place was DELICIOUS. The food was amazing. Service was awesome. Atmosphere was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artisan cooking, sleek but welcominFloridaGalVIPDined on 9/17/2013Had a wonderful lunch here. The grilled vegetable side ($4) was smashing -- swiss chard, carrots, root vegetables, all caramelized perfectly. Also had the tuna taco on house made corn tortilla. It was a bit bland until I added the supplied ancho chile and tomatillo sauces. Divine. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started out fine...CloverMayVIPDined on 9/16/2013I met friends there at 6 PM on a Monday. About 3/4 of the tables filled up. The waitress seemed knowledgeable about the menu and we ordered first courses and entrees. The bass seviche is a misnomer - the fish seemed to be raw with a lime sauce poured over, instead of the fish cured in the citrus, and was hard. The entrees came promptly and we all enjoyed our choices. It took the server some time after bringing the dessert menus to take our decaf coffee orders. After at least 20 minutes or so we asked where the coffee was and she said they were brewing a new pot - really it takes that long? After she brought the check it took another 20 minutes to flag someone to take our credit cards. Good thing we had plenty to chat about.
- Excellant FoodFoodmeDined on 9/14/2013The menu has many unique and creative offerings, but utilizes more familiar ingredients, which I feel was a good thing. I had trouble deciding, there was a lot I wanted to try. Ended up really enjoying the Masa Flatbread (Manchego cheese....phenomenal!), the Daurude fish entrée and Donuts and Coffee Ice Cream desert. All of them outstanding. And a real solid wine list as well. If you like fresh vegetables and fish, expertly prepared with some unique flavor combinations, you should try this place. Warning, bring a sweater because its cold and stark inside.Special Features:
- everything was under seasoned,ncr1jmjDined on 9/12/2013everything was under seasoned, the flatbread was especially bland
- YummyClement95Dined on 9/9/2013This restaurant is an experience. The tastes begin with the visual, then transform to savory with each bite. My buddy and I got the Monday special burgers and they were cooked perfectly - the pork belly topper and complementary beer matched exactly. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less is more!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2013This was a wonderful evening. Simple and streamlined menu which offered really exciting combinations. Meal portions were perfect to be tantalizing without overdoing anything. Accessible yet extensive drinks menu made pairing the meal a breeze. Service was friendly, there when needed, and attentive (they picked up that dinner was a quiet birthday outing with a friend and they made dessert with a special touch). All around a great night out. For me, I was not looking for a loud venue, so this after-work-Thursday location was quiet but with good traffic where a conversation could be easily maintained.Special Features:
- All GoodEmmyVIPDined on 8/30/2013Our first experience was excellent, and we will be back next weekend with an out-of-town visitor. The food was fresh and well prepared, the room is pretty and the noise level moderate. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestBeachsopDined on 8/28/2013Did tasting menu with wine pairings. Food was uninspiring. The wines were paired very well but our server could never manage to have the wine at our table until well after the food course was served
- Quiet DelightTuesdayNightsVIPDined on 8/26/2013Province is a wonderful place to go any time for a nice, quiet meal. The food is good; the wine is outstanding; and the restaurant itself is spacious and serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Romantic Neigjborhood GemPIPoodleVIPDined on 8/9/2013Tasting menu was wonderf, they even substituted out the high mercury fish for little preggie me. The outdoor seating was cozy, no bigs, with great ambiance. Quiet street so quiet atmosphere. The only thing, our actual waitress could have been a tad more friendly. She didn't even tell us her name. The wine guy was great and presented excellent paired wines (says my man). Dessert was over the top amazing. Overall great value!Special Features:
- The tortilla soup was awful,,FoodwizDined on 8/9/2013The tortilla soup was awful,, the soup tasted out of a can and it wasn't properly warmed , the rotisserie chicken inside the soup was obviously freezer burned.......I had big hopes for this place ..... DisappointedSpecial Features:
- interestingfuntravelerVIPDined on 8/9/2013Food was creative and good, would have liked more spices, chef uses mostly fats and salt for flavor. Overall good thoughSpecial Features:
- ScrumptiousChuckVIPDined on 8/8/2013The tasting menu with matching wines was great fun. Wonderful sangria too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent choice...BirdlegzVIPDined on 8/7/2013The Wednesday $49 tasting and wine pairing is a fabulous deal. Five generous pours and small plates offer a delicious, integrated gourmet experience that is well worth making the trip downtown for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/2/2013The food was good, not great. Nice presentation. Our waitress wasn't very friendly. She got the job done - wasn't rude, but we didn't get the impression she was very "into" serving us. The outside looked nice - we chose inside but the patio was very pretty.Special Features:
- Wine Wednesday is a greatDennisVIPDined on 7/31/2013Wine Wednesday is a great value and an opportunity to try a variety of winesSpecial Features:
- Perfect blend of modernityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2013Perfect blend of modernity and warmth, crisp and fresh yet romantic. True for both the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Outdoor Dining!Foodie08VIPDined on 7/25/2013I had previously dined indoors at Province for both lunch and dinner, and enjoyed it very much. Last week I returned with a guest specifically to try out their outdoor patio for dinner. The food, ambiance, and low noise level were all terrific, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a very civilized, neighborhood gem evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert downerHopefulHydeParkDined on 7/19/2013Had tasting menu with wine and all of our party thought the courses up until dessert were above average. Bitter, grainy corn bread didn't do the fresh berries credit and closed off an otherwise enjoyable meal on a downer. Wine choices were largely appropriate, but significant variability in pour size between dinners at the same table suggests more training may be in order. For the price, there are better choices for locavore-style dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there 3 times. Got 3TeateaVIPDined on 7/17/2013Been there 3 times. Got 3 different fish sandwiches. They were not good. The only thing I liked was the tortilla soup.
- Modern American w/a Spanish twistOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2013I loved the casual relaxed feel of the restaurant, food was creative and high quality. I was in town for a convention, this restaurant was a welcome change to the typical business type places. It had a more neighborhood feel to it. Service was very good. I enjoyed it so much after my dinner the next day I returned for lunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poorpaulaDined on 7/16/2013We waited 10 minutes to be seated though we had a reservation and were stuck in the back. Our server was extremely slow. My client's food had a piece of a latek glove in it. No one could eat after that and they only took off one meal and it took forever to get a check.
- Always so good!CG75VIPDined on 7/15/2013We love this place! My husband and I often come here by ourselves, but lately have been bringing friends. Never a complaint from any of them. Only raves! Sitting outside in the summer is fun, as well as sitting inside the airy indoor space. The amuse bouche, and cookies upon leaving add to the enjoyment of the always delicious and well serviced experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoor diningChicagoTexanVIPDined on 7/11/2013Love the canopy, which blocks out sun but keeps you cool on a clear, sunny day. Complimentary crispy flat bread with garlic butter is yummy; the apple salad looked good but had way too much apple; he that ate burger swallowed it; the tuna taco was a winner for he that wanted something small and light. I had the lunch special with tortilla soup (great presentation, a tad salty), chicken Caesar salad (you get thrown off by the fact they boiled and shredded their own chicken), and refreshing pineapple fro-yo for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2013Delicious seasonal fresh food. Amazing courses. We shared squash salad, tomato salad and shrimp and grits. Delicious Bass and Hamachi. The dessert of goat cheese and figs with a grape sorbet was so unusual and spectacular. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch near ogilvie transportationjeanneDined on 7/8/2013very casual, lots of light, presentation was great. would recommend the yogurt for dessert.Special Features: