Providence Coal Fired Pizza
385 Westminster St.
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Providence Coal Fired Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.providencecoalfirepizza.com/
- Phone: 4014547499
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Providence Coal Fired Pizza
Providence Coal Fired Pizza is Rhode Island’s only Coal-Fired Pizza Restaurant using authentic Pennsylvania coal. Our coal oven is even more unique - designed and manufactured in Bellingham, Washington, our custom oven cooks authentic pizza recipes, along with other coal-inspired menu items such as wings, chicken, and other traditional menu items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Providence Coal Fired Pizza - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Providence Coal Fired Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (32)kid-friendly (28)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (21)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (7)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Excellent pizzasandyDined on 9/7/2014The menu is pretty much pizza and salads. Fortunately, the pizza was excellent. It was thin crust slightly charred. It would have been nice to have the option of buffalo mozzarella but otherwise the choices were fine. Pretty good wine list with a reasonable markup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandaboutOutandaboutDined on 9/3/2014We went on a Wednesday evening and it was pretty busy. Great service and terrific pizza. Loved the wings. Used Livind Social discount but will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKimGeeVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've been here before and it was awesome. I was dying to go back. So we went with our 2 kids. The restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived. Our server seemed pretty nice, but once our order was placed she vanished. I watched her scramble from table to table and she was too busy to check on us. We had lost a kiddie cup early on so there was juice on the floor and all the napkins. We would have liked to order her another and get napkins for the table. When our pizza arrived, after watching it take a detour to another table, it was no longer hot. Tasty but cold, like it sat waiting for ten minutes. We weren't checked on until we were pretty much done. For the expense and this experience, I was pretty disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Not a wide variety of food choices and too noisy for us Pizza was not the best I have ever had Waitress was goodSpecial Features:
- Fast ServiceJasmineDined on 8/29/2014If you let them know you have to leave by a certain time they bend over backwards to help!Special Features:
- Good old style pizzaknievelsmomDined on 8/23/2014Great coal fired pizza reminiscent of Frank Pepe'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectHappynottocookDined on 8/22/2014Great casual dining with a variety of pizzas and salads. The wings were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizzamarcoDined on 8/21/2014I'm italian from italy and i brought my italian family directly from italy, they missed pizza and found it to be really good and close to the original one, the tomato sauce was excellent, you can taste the difference from other normal oven baked pizza. we recommend the margherita with anchovies as extra (close to the napoletana pizza) and the rocket with prosciutto di parma as extra.Special Features:
- good foodRoma1955Dined on 8/21/2014Good food at reasonable prices. Waiter was less than enthusiastic. Maybe he was tired, but it definitely impacted giving the establishment 5stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza Before a ShowupnatumDined on 8/20/2014Everyone must have read my last review because they all showed up at Providence Coal Fired Pizza before the Jackson Browne Show. Despite the packed house, service was great and the pizza just what we ordered. The only issue I have is that the noise level was over the top. Okay, it was packed, but still it was really hard to even attempt a conversation. The noise level died down a bit as people headed out for the show and was fine for the last part of our meal. BTW we made the show with no problem and Jackson Browne was fabulous!Special Features:
- Regular favorite spot.Key1Dined on 8/20/2014Only restaurant we go to when there is an event or a reason to go downtown. Always good and excellent service. Good drinks. Always get you out in time for the show or game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken wings to die forBalloongirlDined on 8/18/2014We just had salad and wings, but took a couple of pizzas home. They were just as good reheated.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in Providencemex2Dined on 8/16/2014Great pizza and a lot of unique varieties and toppings. Very Pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza niteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was my second time to this restaurant and I was not impressed this time with the food. The first time we ordered a specialty pizza which was very good. On this occasion we ordered a basic pepperoni pizza - the edges were burnt black and there was not much for sauce or cheese. The place was lively, the waiter was attentive except for serving a burnt edge pizza esp. when I enjoy the crust!!Special Features:
- FoodAriesguyDined on 8/15/2014Disappointed in pizza ......my crust was soggy in center. No multigrain option. Atmosphere loud and noisy.Special Features:
- First timeNolafoodieDined on 8/9/2014First time here. The wings were very good! Our server was awesome. The "meatball pizza" hardly had any meatballs on it, some slices didn't have any at all..... Will go back thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza ExperiencedinoclubDined on 8/8/2014We had the margherita pizza and salads with a nice pinot noir wine, and it was absolutely perfect. The pizza was homemade and very tasty. It was just enough for two people. I would highly recommend this dining experience.Special Features:
- Only one complaintShabuckDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful meal. Yes, the wings are sooooooo good . Also o Ordered 4 pizzas for 8 of us which we thought would be too much, but we ate it all and they were all fantastic . Only complaint is the noise level we experienced on a Saturday night. Would not recommend for hard of hearing during a busy night at the restaurant.Special Features:
- great food, loud roomPennyVIPDined on 7/28/2014The pizza and salad are terrific, and the wait staff is professional and efficient. But it's a very hard room if you're with someone with any hearing issues.Special Features:
- Delicious!EatOutOftenDined on 7/24/2014Excellent chicken wings and pizza. Fun, lively atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love PizzaPatSVIPDined on 7/22/2014This pizza was first rate. The crust was light but crunchy. The small pizza was perfect for 1 person. Toppings were fresh. The best pizza I've had in Providence. Are you listening Federal Hill?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEbe1129Dined on 7/18/2014App, soup, salad and pizza was great! Great selection of beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show VenuebrokerphilDined on 7/15/2014Absolutely the best wings and pizza any of us had ever had.....and this from a generally non-wings type of diners. It has to be the 900 degree oven because the end product is just so superior to any other iteration any of us have ever had. Located a block and a half from the Providence Performing Arts Center, it is a great pre-show option. They need to stay open later though. Consensus was to head straight back when the show was over around 11:00 PM, but when we got there, they were closed.Special Features:
- Repeat Pizza consumersaroundtheneck59Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I dine frequently here at Coal Fired Pizza. The staff is welcoming and provides great service, the beverages are served up in a timely manner and we never feel rushed or forgotten. We LOVE the meatballs! I am a creature of habit and always order the Marguerite pizza....subtle flavors that meld beautifully with each other every time...never a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capkbpDined on 7/5/2014Pizza and appetizers are very good here. Although I like the place, it can be a bit loud in here. Otherwise a very good choice for pizza in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why we go back ???????????OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We,love the wings and pizza....always as good as anticipated. I like the valet parking, cut down on the hassle and we are always greeted by friendly people. The wait staff is normally excellent, sometimes a little slow but I am sure that depends on how busy they are. Overall we recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great Spot!foodieloveDined on 6/28/2014My fiance and I went on a date night before waterfire and it was excellent! The restaurant was not too busy and the service was very nice and quick. The food was absolutely delicious as well. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- PizzaLoverDined on 6/28/2014This was our first vist here. We ordered 3 different kinds of pizza and all were delicious. The crust was thin and cooked to perfection. The toppings were fresh. The meatball one was my favorite. The service was very good. The only complaint is the restaurant's noise level which made it almost impossible to hear each other without shouting. The decibel level was over the top and the restaurant was not at full capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Ever!wvskierVIPDined on 6/28/2014My Fiancee and I enjoy good pizza and this place delivers it at its best. He believes it was the best pizza of his life and wants to go back (out of state) again this week. We had the ricotta cheese bread app and although it was much different than we thought, it far exceeded our expectations and we couldn't get enough of it. We had the margarita pizza and it was Delicious! We are looking forward to going back and trying the wings the people beside us got (they smelt amazing). Looking forward to trying another kind of pizza. Highly Recommend!
- Great PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Went with my husband and another couple pre-theatre. Three of the four of us are pizza connoisseurs and this was the best we've had. Ingredients are fresh and and very good quality. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the specialty pizzas!!!SaderdinersDined on 6/27/2014met some friends the other night and just HAD to go with the specialty pizza (plus another favorite) of the night...so delicious! And the hummus is fresh and out of this world....our waiter was terrific too...really friendly and offered great suggestions and explanations of the menu items...he even brought us more flatbread to go along with the hummus since we had more people than the flatbread would take care of...all in all a great dinner with wonderful friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with a large groupmsnFoodieDined on 6/26/2014We had dinner with a group while attending an event at the convention center. It was an easy walk; service was friendly and efficient. Good beer selection. Try the pizza with local clams and fingerling potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/23/2014Really like this place. Went around 430 on a Monday and the place was almost empty... somewhat expected for that time of day. Was nice and relaxing... compared to my first visit here when the place was completely mobbed and you couldn't carry on a conversation with your tablemates. Had the ribs, wings and a pizza. All really excellent. OK wine by the glass rounded out the early dinner. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Just OKMikeyDined on 6/20/2014I went here on Friday night with my girlfriend as we have heard good things about it. Made a reservation which the honored with no problem and also had free valet parking as there was no street parking available. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was nice. We ordered the Meatballs for an app and we got 3 golf ball sized meatballs for $8 dollars which were OK but in my opinion not worth $8. For our meal we ordered The Steak Bomb pizza which was tasty but not nearly enough food for 2 people. My advice; it's a good place if you're in a group a people and want to order a couple of pizzas to split and have some drinks after work but don't go there hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who says pizza is "just pizza"?HeyJudeDined on 6/18/2014What a great place to bring a friend that is not familiar with what Providence has to offer! Before a show at P PAC,or a P- Bruins game, I truly enjoy this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot in Providence.Key1Dined on 6/15/2014Regular spot for us. Always good. We visit the city often for events and shows. The pizza and wings are great and the drinks are different and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but not great valueDavidDined on 6/15/2014Went there with a Groupon and family of 4, including two teenagers. Appetizers of meatballs,hummus plate,and tomato soup were all VERY GOOD.I didn't have the meatballs but my kids enjoyed them and liked the spicy sauce. I think there were only 3 in the order(maybe 4). We then all split a Margerhita Pizza and a Entrée Salad(Lentil and Hummus). The pizza was very good but not great. Thin,good crust but a bit pricey($15) for the size. Salad was also good. Overall the food was very good,the service was very good,the atmosphere was fine(Sunday early afternoon). Had hoped the pizza would have been a bit better and thought it was just a tad overpriced.Special Features:
- Great Brick Oven PizzaBrianDined on 6/13/2014The service was good, and the food was excellent. Very distinct flavor to the pizza and the wings (which were fabulous)! I think this is a great place to check out, and reasonably priced too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar foodDBDBDBDined on 6/4/2014Coal Fired Pizza manages to be fresh, unique, and delicious... pizza. Which is hard, in New England, with dozens of pizza places per city. Rivals Al Forno for the best in the area, and would compete favorably with Boston institutions like Regina's and Santarpio's.Special Features:
- Loud Bar but good beerfairtideDined on 5/31/2014The pizzas were just ok. The crusts were not crisp and the mashup of toppings on the house selections did not produce a delight to the taste buds. There is better in the area. The crowd noise made hearing the person across the table difficult.