Providence Coal Fired Pizza
385 Westminster St.
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Providence Coal Fired Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.providencecoalfirepizza.com/
- Phone: (401) 454-7499
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Providence Coal Fired Pizza
Providence Coal Fired Pizza is Rhode Island’s only Coal-Fired Pizza Restaurant using authentic Pennsylvania coal. Our coal oven is even more unique - designed and manufactured in Bellingham, Washington, our custom oven cooks authentic pizza recipes, along with other coal-inspired menu items such as wings, chicken, and other traditional menu items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Providence Coal Fired Pizza - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Providence Coal Fired Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (77)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (38)kid-friendly (35)late-night find (20)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (6)romantic (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- I'd go again.DandGinaDined on 11/21/2014Decent appetizer selection but it would be nice if they served some of those apps in larger portions as entree's for that person in the crowd who's not in the mood for pizza. That being said, their pizza is delicious! Very light yet crispy crust, fresh ingredients and well thought out list of specialty pizza. I'll be there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Miss on All AccountsOpenTable123Dined on 11/15/2014Unfortunately, all four of us were under-whelmed with the Providence Coal Fired Pizza. It was very loud and cavernous, the waiter was difficult to find, not attentive and not friendly, and the food was over-priced and not very flavorful. We're happy to pay $20 for a pizza if it is delicious. It's not a Providence Coal Fired Pizza. Unfortunately, this restaurant was a miss on food, service and atmosphere. And, with parking difficult to find and the restaurant's own valets also difficult to find it did not make for an experience we want to repeat.
- Providence Coal FiredAikiLouDined on 11/15/2014Providence Coal fired is arguably the best pizza in Rhode Island. The staff is very friendly, and the management is very welcoming. They deserve the success they continue to enjoy...the non pizza menu items are quite good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014Pizza was ok. Wings rocked and were the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in Downtown ProvidencecranstongourmandVIPDined on 11/8/2014Despite having to send back the first pizza because it was burned to a crisp, Coal Fired Pizza has best pizza around. The service is very good for a crowded restaurant. The list of wines by the glass is adequate although a glass is pricey. It is in a good location and has valet parking. I've been many times and always have been satisfied.Special Features:
- PC BB Night OutParksideNightOutDined on 11/8/2014Great fun atmosphere and delicious food. Signature chicken wings delicious.Special Features:
- No Better PizzaPhantom2013Dined on 11/8/2014Drop car off to valet (complementary parking) and head in to room filled with high energy and if you go early, the noise level is acceptable. Go later and if didn't make a reservation, you lose!!! Appetizers are outstanding, especially wings w/ grilled onions. Super antipasto and several dynamite salads to choose from. The pizza special was an autumnal creation consisting of pumpkin, applewood smoked bacon, and 2 different cheeses. Opted for a white pizza with sausage, bacon, and 2 cheeses that came out piping hot ...outstanding. Great cocktails and the service is awesome. If you get servers either Rachael or Alonzo...you win!!!! Not cheap, but great value for the money.Special Features:
- Continued great!!hipeakDined on 11/7/2014This works well for Providence Performing night. Foods great, drinks are fab and timing is great for the show!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for pre theater diningJanieDined on 11/6/2014Enjoyable food, atmosphere and the service staff was very friendly. We were a group of five and were at a round table perfect for conversation. The food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteKey1Dined on 11/4/2014This is our favorite Providence restaurant on event nights. Great food, drinks and service. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- They get itNewYorkerInRIDined on 11/1/2014Have been here upwards of five times, each time is as consistently excellent as the last. Wings are Ah. Maze. Ing. Pizza is great, drinks are a good value, delicious and good-sized. Convenient valet parking, lovely location. Truly no complaints. A definite go-to casual place, great for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014It's a great upscale pizza restaurant to dine at before PPAC shows. We will come again. The choices of draft beers and wines by the glass were very good. The chicken wings were excellent.Special Features:
- Great pizaaRob1764VIPDined on 10/28/2014We had a special pizza..the meatlovers. Pepperoni, sausage and meatballs with mozzarela and garlic oil.... OMG...what a delicious pizza it was.. Specially the tiny pieces of pepperoni, they were delightfully browned with just the right amount of spice....delicious. Next time I go, I'm asking for a pepperoni pizza !!! YUM... One things.....the crust sometimes seems a bit burnt (that happens a lot at PCFP) ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Pizza PlaceddknoxDined on 10/25/2014Popular and bustling, Providence Coal Fired Pizza serves up delicious appetizers and pizzas. The ambiance is relaxed, hip and friendly. The pizza is thin and tasty with many interesting selections. The beer selection does not disappoint. We always enjoy our meal here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was my second time the food is really good. Pizza dough has great flavor, cooked perfectly nice and crisp crust! Great wings! My only complaint is that its noisy and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit But Not Last!!!Phantom2013Dined on 10/25/2014Great wings, antipasti and cocktails are standard order but the pizza is just outstanding. Had an original created pizza which consisted of a white pizza topped with pepperoni, sausage, red onion, pancetta and blue cheese was one of the best pizza's I've had in a long time. With a 900 degree oven, everything came piping hot and Rachael our server was there with refills and checking up on us throughout the evening. Complimentary valet parking is also a great service as I would rather take care of the valet then park next store at $10.00 in a dimly lit area. I strongly recommend that you make a reservation ....yes for a pizza but once you try this place out as my wife and I did, you too will become a repeat customer. Ask for Rachael the best!Special Features:
- More thn your ordinary pizza pub!lookingforspecialmealsVIPDined on 10/24/2014My husband son and I had a nice early dinner at coal-fired pizza. I LOVED the specialty drink with apple cider, brandy and cinnamon infused vodka. Usually these drinks are too sweet or strong for my taste but this was delicious! Pizza good but a bit soupy on top. Mushroom caps were delicious - one came complementary with my drink - and the chef made up a plate of them on request!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clam pizza good, could be great.Oley59Dined on 10/19/2014We had the Sunday special, it was very good. Also ordered the clam. The flavors on that pie were delicious. The only thing that could make that a world class pizza is either changing to baby clams or chopping the littlenecks. Bad mouth feel when you get a whole clam and its a bit rubbery. Otherwise, we had a great time and will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LibkendalldesignDined on 10/18/2014The wood fired Wings with Rosemary and onions was awesome, The salads are fresh and the pizza even better. Recommend it to anyone. They have valet parking out front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always great!camp1973Dined on 10/18/2014We've been to Coal Fire numerous times and always enjoy it. Food is delicious and atmosphere is great. Make a reservation on weekends because you will wait during prime eating time. Feel free to bring your well behaved children because it's a louder environment. Great place to go with friends, an extensive beer on tap list and fresh food. One downside it our waiter the most recent time we were there. We have had this same waiter in the past and he is less than impressive. Seems disinterested, takes a long time to greet his tables, does not offer specials, etc. It surprises me that he remains employed there since everything about Coal Fire is great besides this one employee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POST THEATREMAMMADined on 10/18/2014AFTER ATTENDING AN AFTERNOON PERFORMANCE OF CINDERELLA MY 5 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER AND I WALKED TO COAL FIRE PIZZA AND HAD AN ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS PLATE OF CHICKEN WINGS AND AN ARRUGALA AND PEPPERONI PIZZA. FABULOUS AND WILL RETURN. SERVICE GREAT. YOU NEED A RESERVATION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service, a little noisydinahsureDined on 10/17/2014We made a reservation with open table for a saturday evening at 7:15. The hostess sat us right away and the sever came soon after. The menu consists of appetizers, salads and pizzas. The salad was very fresh with nice greens and vegetables. The pizza crust is very crispy and has a nice crunch. The toppings are creative and go beyond the usual toppings. We had the special with shrimp, asparagras and a garlicky pesto sauce. I like that this restaurant is on the Trinity Rep subscribers restaurant list. The only thing that I would change about this restaurant is the noise level. When the restaurant is full, it is quite loud. It is not a show stopper though. The food and service will bring me back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOOOO Delicious!ChrisVIPDined on 10/16/2014Tomato soup was fantastic as was the lentil hummus salad. Looking forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burnt PizzaBroadwayDined on 10/16/2014We have been to Coal Fired Pizza many times, but lately the food has gone downhill, especially the pizza. We have been served burnt pizza, literally the crust on the three pizzas were black unediable. We had no to send it back because we were going to the theater, so we just ate the center part of the pizza.Special Features:
- Great pizzaKennethVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went to try the coal fired pizza and we're not disappointed Not the best area of providence but parking is closeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Definitely make reservations if going on a Friday night and PPAC has a something going on!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2014Good fast eats. Fair service, moderate menu. Valet is nice. Clean restaurantSpecial Features:
- Wings wings and moreFoodieDined on 9/26/2014The chicken wings are the best. Large order is 16 count. We were 4 in our party and we wish we had ordered two orders of them just to have take home. The pizza is awesome and the ingredients are fresh and full of flavor. Again order more than you think you can eat so you will have take home. Better yet just order up befor you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizzasandyDined on 9/7/2014The menu is pretty much pizza and salads. Fortunately, the pizza was excellent. It was thin crust slightly charred. It would have been nice to have the option of buffalo mozzarella but otherwise the choices were fine. Pretty good wine list with a reasonable markup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandaboutOutandaboutDined on 9/3/2014We went on a Wednesday evening and it was pretty busy. Great service and terrific pizza. Loved the wings. Used Livind Social discount but will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKimGeeVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've been here before and it was awesome. I was dying to go back. So we went with our 2 kids. The restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived. Our server seemed pretty nice, but once our order was placed she vanished. I watched her scramble from table to table and she was too busy to check on us. We had lost a kiddie cup early on so there was juice on the floor and all the napkins. We would have liked to order her another and get napkins for the table. When our pizza arrived, after watching it take a detour to another table, it was no longer hot. Tasty but cold, like it sat waiting for ten minutes. We weren't checked on until we were pretty much done. For the expense and this experience, I was pretty disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Not a wide variety of food choices and too noisy for us Pizza was not the best I have ever had Waitress was goodSpecial Features:
- Fast ServiceJasmineDined on 8/29/2014If you let them know you have to leave by a certain time they bend over backwards to help!Special Features:
- Good old style pizzaknievelsmomDined on 8/23/2014Great coal fired pizza reminiscent of Frank Pepe'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectHappynottocookDined on 8/22/2014Great casual dining with a variety of pizzas and salads. The wings were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizzamarcoDined on 8/21/2014I'm italian from italy and i brought my italian family directly from italy, they missed pizza and found it to be really good and close to the original one, the tomato sauce was excellent, you can taste the difference from other normal oven baked pizza. we recommend the margherita with anchovies as extra (close to the napoletana pizza) and the rocket with prosciutto di parma as extra.Special Features:
- good foodRoma1955Dined on 8/21/2014Good food at reasonable prices. Waiter was less than enthusiastic. Maybe he was tired, but it definitely impacted giving the establishment 5stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza Before a ShowupnatumDined on 8/20/2014Everyone must have read my last review because they all showed up at Providence Coal Fired Pizza before the Jackson Browne Show. Despite the packed house, service was great and the pizza just what we ordered. The only issue I have is that the noise level was over the top. Okay, it was packed, but still it was really hard to even attempt a conversation. The noise level died down a bit as people headed out for the show and was fine for the last part of our meal. BTW we made the show with no problem and Jackson Browne was fabulous!Special Features:
- Regular favorite spot.Key1Dined on 8/20/2014Only restaurant we go to when there is an event or a reason to go downtown. Always good and excellent service. Good drinks. Always get you out in time for the show or game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken wings to die forBalloongirlVIPDined on 8/18/2014We just had salad and wings, but took a couple of pizzas home. They were just as good reheated.Special Features: