50 South St
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.provesinj.com/
- Phone: 9739931944x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vinchenzo Literno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Pick-up only.
A word from Provesi
Provesi Restorante serves traditional Italian cuisine. Our chef was born and raised in Italy and has been with us for the last twenty years.Continued
Our service staff is very friendly and will accommodate all your needs.
We look forward to serving you.
Our service staff is very friendly and will accommodate all your needs.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Provesi reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (15)special occasion (12)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Italian BYOBCettsVIPDined on 10/2/2014I went there with three others a few days ago. Nice Italian bistro atmosphere, very good food and excellent service. This place is very consistent. I have been here several times and have always had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOMADined on 9/19/2014We were disappointed that there was no music. I called to find out if there would be music and when we arrived we found out that there was no music. There was no sign that there was no music that night and I had to ask where the music was only to find out that they didn't have it that night but no real reason given.Special Features:
- Dependable & ConvenienttastygalDined on 9/19/2014Provesi is a dependable BYO restaurant located near the Morristown Community Theatre/MAYO Performing Arts Center.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater dinnerfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Our first dinner at Provesi was good. We recommend it for pre theater dinner. Pasta dishes good, chicken dinners, not so much. Very friendly atmosphere.. We would go back for a pre theater dinner and order pasta dishes with a salad. We did not have a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerSuzanneDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere is great, we sat downstairs and it was cozy but not cramped. Our waiter Leonardo was attentive and all four meals at the table were fantastic. The entire staff was pleasant, starting with being warmly greeted when we walked in the door. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014I always enjoy eating at Provisi and my party of six was not disappointed. On a very busy evening, our table was ready promptly at 7:30 and our appetizers and pasta dishes were superb! If you don't have a reservation on a Saturday night...don't bother trying to be seated until after 9.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantJoe12Dined on 8/19/2014The food was really good. I had veal and it was delicious. It is a good place for a date. It wasn't overly crowded. The noise level was low so it was good for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local bistro with charmScarletDined on 8/6/2014Provesi is a classy and delightful restaurant with a certain vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Credit card machine brokenJcazDined on 8/1/2014I did not like that I had to use cash to pay for dinner. My rating of three stars would have been four stars if credit card machine was working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice, local spot!GraceDined on 8/1/2014Provesi is a 3+ STARS restaurant! A nice, little, local spot that appreciates their customers! They take reservations and are mindful of patrons attending a show at the MAYO theatre. It's a BYOB and the Staff tries VERY HARD to please! Food was good, entree portions a little small but very tasty. Bill for four including salads and tip approximately $150 It's our third visit there and we'll return again!Special Features:
- Dining at its BestdinnerhoundDined on 7/30/2014Provesi has been one of my favorite restaurants for years. Food has never disappointed and the BYOB policy had always made it affordable. Using Open Table was a great enhancement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMikeytDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and attentive. Great byob option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Staff goes out of their way to make it easy and comfortable for their guests and food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayletseatoutDined on 7/19/2014I was pleased that our request for a "quieter table" was honored, and our party of 4 was seated adjacent to a front window. Lots of folks were seated outdoors, so this likely also added to the quieter atmosphere. The wait staff was pleasant, and they were timely with bread and salads; however, the entrees were noticeably delayed, and we had to request refills on water. Others in our party said their meals were good. For me, my salad was fine (tri-color), but my entree off the special menu was disappointing (rigatoni w/ pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallops). It was very heavy on the cream and light on the pesto, which took away from what could have been a nice meal.Special Features:
- Delicious as usualMotownResidentDined on 7/18/2014I had a small group of 5 people and we were taken care of very well, our server was very attentive. The food as always was delicious! The only complaint was that some of the diners were not a fan of the stuffed mushroom appetizer. Everything else was hot and wonderful, as I've never had a bad meal there. Did not feel rushed when the meal was over. Prices were reasonable, about $45 per person with tip, and we had appetizers and a special. Will come back!Special Features:
- YUMYUMDined on 7/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner celebrating our 32nd anniversary. The food and service was fabulous. The best part was that we were not rushed! It was a wonderful, relaxing evening!Special Features:
- craving italianBossleeDined on 7/11/2014the go to place for a great Italian meal. Whenever I visit NJ this is my first stop for an authentic Italian experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 7/9/2014recently dined with a party of 6 - byob which is a plus - food to me was okay - came served as lukewarm / felt rushed after we were all done as they were trying to close earlier since we were the last table there - went outside and were soon removed from that table as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Provesi reviews archive.
- A New Morristown Favorite!LilimichDined on 6/29/2014This past weekend, I dined for the third time at Provesi, and my experience this time was just as good as the first two. The service was superb, and considering it was a show night down at the Mayo, the whole restaurant ran like a well-oiled machine. The food was fantastic, as always, and the ambiance was quite nice considering how busy it was. Our server was polite, patient, and knowledgeable in explaining all of the menu items. The dinner specials are always the best, in my view, and don't miss the carrot cake, which is some of the best I've ever had. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise and slow service disappointkelbellDined on 6/24/2014Disappointing visit for dinner after great time for lunch. Our table was across from kitchen & we spent entire time listening to dishes crashing and staff shouting at each other. Not what we wanted for our daughter's graduation. Server was non-existent after greeting us. We had to get manager to take our order. Shame because food is always good. I will think twice before going backSpecial Features:
- Return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014This was the second time we went to this restaurant and it was as good as the first time. If we lived closer, we would frequent this restaurant much more often. Food was very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- Great spot for work celebrationsandkayVIPDined on 6/5/2014Team enjoyed lunch as celebration of meeting their milestone. Attentive service. Excellent fresh salads.Special Features:
- Enjoyed againlove2dineoutDined on 6/3/2014We had dined at this restaurant last year and really enjoyed it but just got pizza because we were in a hurry so I wanted to eat there again without a rush. After searching Yelp to remember the restaurant name, I almost decided not to go because of the reviews. However, reviews here were good. Most of the bad reviews on both sites were poor service. Our service was absolutely fine. Even when I questioned that the special I ordered did not have the scallops it should have, he did not make excuses. He went and talked to the chef and came back with a separate plate of scallops for me l. I must say that 3 of them tasted delicious but the others had a not spoiled, but weird taste. The rest of the food was very good with good portions.Special Features:
- Always good21bigeasyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Very friendly service and good food. Breadsticks that come with the drinks are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseDMoneyDined on 5/23/2014i thought it would be nice based on the recommendation my friend gave the restaurant, but I did not expect it to be as good as it was. Plenty of very good food for not that much money.Special Features:
- always greatMikestjDined on 5/16/2014We have been here a few times and is wonderful everytime. great atmosphere and service which is trumped only by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as UsualpowderskierDined on 5/16/2014Service and food were excellent as usual. Specific requests to modify dishes from menu description were easily accommodated. No problem changing the pasta/seafood special from a pesto to a white wine and garlic sauce. Veal Provesi is even better when they add melted mozzarella cheese on top. Fausto is a great server. Always right there with a big smile when you need him. Moe runs the restaurant like the professional he is. We highly recommend Provesi Ristorante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNewRestaurantThursdayVIPDined on 5/15/2014Evening started out fine. Although not on the menu I asked if they could make me shrimp franchise (chicken franchise was on the menu). My meal came and it looked like shrimp scampi. I told the waiter I ordered shrimp franchise and he said that is what I got. Clearly it was not. He kept arguing with me but finally said it was shrimp like scampi but in a franchise sauce. I explained that was not what I ordered. He kept arguing. I finally said "just go away". The manager came over he said "You are right; that is not shrimp franchise". Really!!! They offered nothing as compensation. Nothing except "sorry". After our "argument", the waiter never came back to our table. We had to ask another waiter for the check. They do not deserve my business.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014food was very good service could use slight improvementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ChrisDined on 5/11/2014Visited Provesi for Mothers day dinner with the family. First time at this restaurant. A very pleasant experience. Nice and friendly service, and good and tasty food nicely presented. All four in our party commented on how good our dishes were. Two in our party tried the specials. One was a Tilapia special, and one was a chicken special. Both got excellent reviews. The other two ordered the Penne vodka, and the Tortelini Provesi. Both of these Pasta dishes was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:
- Will always go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Have come here a bunch of times. Even had my rehearsal dinner here 14 yrs ago. Always had very good food. This time, I had grilled salmon over broccoli rabe. It was excellent and the waitstaff was very helpful and attentive to my mother.Special Features:
- Good and ConsistentMorristownFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Just finished Mother's Day noon-time dinner and it was very good, as usual. We have been dining here many years, and it is consistently one of our favorite restaurants in Morristown, where there are many Italian restaurants to choose from. Three of us had the chicken breast special, Chicken Carciofi, and the boneless breast was very tender and not dry at all. The fourth asked for the special salad to be served with grilled chicken as her entree and it was provided with no hesitation. The service was prompt and friendly, the manager quietly solicitous. We will continue to dine there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticfoofDined on 5/8/2014We were a table of six.Chris was our waiter.He was absolutely great.We were not rushed like some other places. The food was fantastic. Everyone got something different and we all tried it. One if the best parts is, it is a BYOB. That really brings the price downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and casualJasonVIPDined on 5/3/2014This is a nice small place in the heart of Morristown that serves great pastas and fish. We didnt try the pizza, but it looked great . Will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Provesi ReviewSandraDined on 5/3/2014Overall we were dissapointed with our meal at Provesi. The waiter would not take our appetizer order without our entire dinner order. Why? We just wanted a few extra minutes to decide on our entree's. The cold antipasto was delicious, but we barely finished it before our entree's were served. I ordered the shrimp scampi and was very dissapointed at the 5 small shrimp on my plate that were lost in a sea of pasta. When we asked for a dessert menu the waiter just rattled off what they had and we had to decide on the spot. The cannoli was delicious! We felt like we were on a time limit and not able to relax and enjoy our meal. Dissapointing to be so rushed when trying to enjoy a night out. Will pick a different place next time for sure.
- A pleasure to dine atJMACDined on 5/1/2014Been here twice, both times excellent dishes served with nicely done vegetables. Staff is attentive & professional. Great before the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats & servicePeteDined on 4/26/2014excellent service and food- both owner and waiter showed concern that everything was just right- bread sticks to die for !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Provesi ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Easter Sunday at Provesi was great, we had a big party, but server Chris was on top of it. Great food, Great Service! Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Convenient Neighborhood SpotJoeWDined on 4/12/2014Good food served in a casual environment with resonably priced menu. BYOB is also a plus.
- Wonderful experiencepradDined on 4/12/2014It as been a wonderful experience excellent food, very good service and affordable priceSpecial Features: