Provence Mediterranean Grill
4473 West 10th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6R 2H2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Provence Mediterranean Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provencevancouver.com/
- Phone: (604) 222-1980
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm Afternoon TEA- 2:00pm - 4:00pm (24hr prior notice) Provence Tea reservations must be made by phone. Sorry, we do not accept OPEN TABLE tea reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Essex Balce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small parties within the Vancouver area. Our chef will be happy to create a special menu or check our website for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Provence is available for private parties up to 60 people. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Joshua Carlson 6042221980x
A word from Provence Mediterranean Grill
With it's warm neighborhood ambiance, welcoming service, and delicious flavours from the South of France, Provence Mediterranean Grill enjoys continued success with a loyal local following. December 2014 marks the restaurants 17th anniversary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Provence Mediterranean Grill - Best Restaurants in Kitsilano ›
Provence Mediterranean Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (42)special occasion (34)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (20)romantic (20)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always love itLoveitVIPDined on 11/13/2014Provence Mediterranean Grill has been consistently excellent for a long time. I can always count on a wonderful meal and very good service. Their menu combines traditional and innovative, keeping a number of classic favourites, and food is always beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cakes Best in townCrabloverDined on 11/10/2014The Best in town, always visit Yaletown location but because they were serving brunch menu only on Nov 10 decided to go to the Original location and no disappointments. Love all the items on the menu , nice room but rather noisy with a bunch of spoilt children making conversation across our table almost impossible and which we don't normally have to endure in the Yaletown location. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a celebration dinnerNogamiDined on 11/7/2014Decided on some French Mediterranean food with the family to celebrate a new job. Had some great appetizers and the entrees were excellent. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of Provenceluv2shareDined on 11/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at the Provence Mediterranean Grill. It is the second time we have been to this restaurant - last time was Aug 2014. Food was excellent both times - Service this time was also exceptional - servers very personable. Front end staff work as a team. I'm always impressed when a server remembers that we've been there before - and where we sat and what we ordered! Portions for us are just right, not too big, but enough to satisfy. Memorable dish - the Wild Mushoom Raviolli, with a glass of Pinot Noir from Burgundy - delish!!Special Features:
- Brunch with girlfriendsChatAndNibbleDined on 11/1/2014Had a nice brunch with friends I hadn't visited with for a while. The food & ambiance were fine but the service could have been a little more attentive. Our group has been going here for several years & we feel very comfortable at Provence. Good job with making us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, unusual experiencePharmachickDined on 10/30/2014This is ~5th time I've been here, it is becoming a place I bring some of my professional contacts. The staff are always wonderfully attentive (not intrusive) and the food is excellent. On the latest visit, we both enjoyed our appetizers and mains. I had a glass of very good white wine. Overall Provence is wonderful, I thoroughly recommend it, the establishment is of superb quality. I would like to complement the waitstaff who looked after the older gentleman in the corner who was clearly a lunch regular. They were wonderful. However, there is a woman who wanders round the dining room greeting some people and ignoring many tables, occasionally talking to the servers. Provence needs to re-evaluate the usefulness of the person doing that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Provence 10thTreatsDined on 10/26/2014the service was very good and the food was as well with one exception. Three of us ordered lamb and it was cooked to perfection however my dish was delivered swimming in the reduction sauce. the sauce was good, so the next time I will ask for the reduction sauce on the side. the other dish was tenderloin and it was excellent. All in all we will go back again this was out 4th visit to this location All else was superb and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014My favourite place to meet friends for lunch. The food is excellent and the service friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014The Provence is a local neighbourhood gem. Location is good, food is excellent and rarely disappoints . I have been coming here since they first opened, and still do although I now live on Vancouver Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb restaurant for entertaining!1HappyDinerDined on 10/15/2014My organization had a very distinguished visitor that I was hosting for dinner. The Provence Mediterranean Grill is close by and our time was tight so I booked a reservation there. The choice proved perfect for food, service and ambiance. Of particular importance was the low noise level, for there are now very of Vancouver's other fashionable restaurant's where you can converse without raising your voice -our group of five had some serious business issues to address and we really appreciated being able to do that. Moreover our friendly server was sensitive to the need to find good times when she needed to interrupt to provide service. All and all, our visitor was greatly pleased with the evening and I loved the sable fish!Special Features:
- Well prepared mealsHungryEatsVIPDined on 10/10/2014A tasty selection of lunch options. Good service from all servers, very attentative. The dinning area is wide open, ideal for groups.Special Features:
- Quick bite before classMattyHenryDined on 10/7/2014Stopped in for the first time in about 12 years and was not disappointed. Really great food and the staff meant to meet every need. The only problem was one you can run into in any smallish intimate dining spot. An obnoxious loud mouth at a neighbouring table. Other than that, I am planning a return. The wild mushroom ravioli was melt in your mouth and the warm goat cheese salad my dining partner had was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but inconsistent?FoodVancouverDined on 9/19/2014We have been a few times. As always, the food was excellent again. We seemed to be served by two different people at the restaurant that day. One of these servers was a true delight, she made us feel very welcome and she seemed to much enjoy her work at the restaurant. Our second server, although very pleasant, just really didn't seem engaged, or particularly polished in the role, which for this level restaurant seemed inadequate. Also, there were a number of individuals in and out of the restaurant who appeared to be location scouting for a film. This distracted from our ambiance at lunch. One wonders whether this done a time when their weren't patrons in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeEsserDined on 9/15/2014Exactly what we were looking for. We sat outside and although the passing buses sometimes forced us to pause our conversation, we liked feeling like we were part of the neighbourhood. The service was quietly competent (which we appreciated-one in our group was elderly and wouldn't have wanted an overly folksy approach) and the food was spot on. We shared several antipasti, the standout had to be the unbelievably tender calamari. As mains we all had pasta dishes; those of us who had seafood were pleasantly surprised by the quantity and perfect cooking. The rabbit pasta was a very skillful marriage of creaminess and smokiness set off nicely by the tanginess of the cheese. This is a restaurant where people know what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fdlvr65fdlvr65VIPDined on 9/6/2014We loved our experience at this wonderful neighborhood "gem". Everything was wonderful and the ambiance was delightful on every level. This is a restaurant that knows its cuisine and it was much appreciated by us. The Antipasto and Chopino were excellent. The Halibut was a bit dry. Judy, our server was superb. You will be lucky to try this wonderful restaurant. It was a highlight of our visit to Vancouver.Special Features:
- Consistently a WinnertwosomeVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is such an incredible choice for me. I am fortunate to live in the area but strongly recommend anyone make their way here for a very positive experience in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the good and badJoanneVIPDined on 9/5/2014The artichoke starter is disappointing. Grilled but served at room temp, soggy. Halibut main was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Pleasant dining experience. Food was fresh, full of flavour and visually appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014there was a lot of road noise and it was hard to hear people. Service and food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014We've been there many times, always very good, very good service.Special Features:
- OutstandingyvonneDined on 8/29/2014Always great food and service! Made a special occasion, specialSpecial Features:
- Always ReliabletwosomeVIPDined on 8/23/2014As a local, I always appreciate dinner at this reliable restaurant that produces delicious menu choices along with effective and personable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food fab servicepenny4yourthoughtsDined on 8/14/2014Quality dining ie superbly cooked and superbly presented meal with professional and, at the same time, warm service! Our experience for evening dining at Provence on West 10th is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch with girlfriendsChatAndNibbleDined on 8/9/2014Nice place to meet up with friends and chat. Noise level very good for conversation. Food is very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor serviceGolferGirlDined on 8/4/2014We had not been to the restaurant in a few years and really liked the renovations. The food was better than our last visit. Unfortuantely, the server we had clearly did not want to be there. It was a long weekend (BC Day), a little warm in the restaurant (but still comfortable) and I think the individual just wanted to be elsewhere. Not only did the server not verbally outline the daily features, there was no follow up after the courses were served. (Had the food not been satisfactory, we certainly would have offered our feedback!) We also had to ask to have some of our glasses/plates cleared, in order to make room for our next course. We would have lingered a little longer after dessert, but we really felt like we were an imposition.Special Features:
- Magnifique!KalonaVIPDined on 8/1/2014My second time dining here. Food was excellent! I had the pink squid prawn resoto - yummy! Would highly recommend this restaurant. The only drawback is when it's full it's too noisy. But the food and service make up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedaldenteDined on 7/30/2014Provence Mediterranean Grill is truly a neighborhood gem! From the minute we entered the restaurant and were greeted with smiles, we knew we were in for a good dining experience. Everything on the menu looked appetizing which made it difficult to choose. The bouillabaisse is outstanding and creme brulee is to die for! I know we'll be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favouriteTeriDined on 7/29/2014Consistent food quality, great value and quaint. Best restaurant in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 353 reviews are from the Provence Mediterranean Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014excellent service; very classy; calm environment; great food consistently goodSpecial Features:
- dinner is good. service a bit rushfoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014food is good. service feels a little rush not sure why there were noone waiting and restaurant was not full.
- point grey fiestavanfinediningDined on 6/21/2014Amazing brunch for 5! Everything was perfect - we stayed for 2.5 hours and enjoyed the conversation, great service and menu. Thanks.Special Features:
- Awesome in Every categoryBear1962Dined on 6/14/2014A Gem on the West Side, Staff was superb at every step of the evening. Excellent food, creative and mouthwatering with perfect portions. It's definitely one of those places you should have on your special occasion listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular stop- alwaysGourmandDined on 6/11/2014Such a great and creative menu. I always go to one of the Provences' when I visit Vancouver. Never lets me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who Lunch2catsDined on 6/9/2014A popular spot which I hadn't been to for a long time but my companion had been recently for dinner and lunch and had enjoyed both and suggested it for a birthday celebration. Food is good and nicely presented. A small patio but a windy day so we sat inside.Special Features:
- great brunchvanfinediningDined on 6/8/2014Excellent choices for specialty brunch - well-priced, great service, and outdoor patio setting. Very good wine list.Special Features:
- Always GoodGloriousFoodyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Been coming here for years. It's consistently good every time. Brunch is delicious! And the halibut is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!magicianDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I went for dinner as a birthday celebration after having the Provence Mediterranean Grill highly recommended by a relative. I had looked up their web page and we decided beforehand to go for the spotted shrimp special, which included an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. I won't go into specifics, but from beginning to end the meal was fabulous! The service was just right, all questions answered without hesitation, and everything we had very tasty. We will be returning to dine again in the near future and will gladly pass on our recommendation to family and friends.Special Features:
- A fabulous lunch.EsmeDined on 5/23/2014I took a friend to lunch as a belated birthday gift, and we enjoyed wonderful food, delicious wine, and attentive service. I would not hesitate to return for a special lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- A wonderful place to celebrateSavannahcatDined on 5/21/2014After a UBC graduation, we spent a lovely dinner with my daughter and my parents. Finding places that are interesting enough for my daughter, quiet enough for my 91 year old mom to be able to hear the conversation and delicious enough food for me - is no easy feat. Provence never lets us down. Stephanie is a wonderful server there and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary/birthday dinnergoodtimesDined on 5/20/2014This is our local restaurant so we get e-mails regularly and when they sent us a coupon for an appetizer for our anniversary we decided to have our celebratory dinner there Great meal, great service and a smashing success ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.