Provence Mediterranean Grill
4473 West 10th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6R 2H2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Provence Mediterranean Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provencevancouver.com/
- Phone: 6042221980x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm Afternoon TEA- 2:00pm - 4:00pm (24hr prior notice) Provence Tea reservations must be made by phone. Sorry, we do not accept OPEN TABLE tea reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Essex Balce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small parties within the Vancouver area. Our chef will be happy to create a special menu or check our website for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Provence is available for private parties up to 60 people. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Joshua Carlson 6042221980x
A word from Provence Mediterranean Grill
With it's warm neighborhood ambiance, welcoming service, and delicious flavours from the South of France, Provence Mediterranean Grill enjoys continued success with a loyal local following. December 2014 marks the restaurants 17th anniversary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Provence Mediterranean Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (24)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (17)romantic (16)notable wine list (6)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always ReliabletwosomeDined on 8/23/2014As a local, I always appreciate dinner at this reliable restaurant that produces delicious menu choices along with effective and personable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food fab servicepenny4yourthoughtsDined on 8/14/2014Quality dining ie superbly cooked and superbly presented meal with professional and, at the same time, warm service! Our experience for evening dining at Provence on West 10th is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch with girlfriendsChatAndNibbleDined on 8/9/2014Nice place to meet up with friends and chat. Noise level very good for conversation. Food is very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor serviceGolferGirlDined on 8/4/2014We had not been to the restaurant in a few years and really liked the renovations. The food was better than our last visit. Unfortuantely, the server we had clearly did not want to be there. It was a long weekend (BC Day), a little warm in the restaurant (but still comfortable) and I think the individual just wanted to be elsewhere. Not only did the server not verbally outline the daily features, there was no follow up after the courses were served. (Had the food not been satisfactory, we certainly would have offered our feedback!) We also had to ask to have some of our glasses/plates cleared, in order to make room for our next course. We would have lingered a little longer after dessert, but we really felt like we were an imposition.Special Features:
- Magnifique!KalonaVIPDined on 8/1/2014My second time dining here. Food was excellent! I had the pink squid prawn resoto - yummy! Would highly recommend this restaurant. The only drawback is when it's full it's too noisy. But the food and service make up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedaldenteDined on 7/30/2014Provence Mediterranean Grill is truly a neighborhood gem! From the minute we entered the restaurant and were greeted with smiles, we knew we were in for a good dining experience. Everything on the menu looked appetizing which made it difficult to choose. The bouillabaisse is outstanding and creme brulee is to die for! I know we'll be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favouriteTeriDined on 7/29/2014Consistent food quality, great value and quaint. Best restaurant in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014excellent service; very classy; calm environment; great food consistently goodSpecial Features:
- dinner is good. service a bit rushfoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014food is good. service feels a little rush not sure why there were noone waiting and restaurant was not full.
- point grey fiestavanfinediningDined on 6/21/2014Amazing brunch for 5! Everything was perfect - we stayed for 2.5 hours and enjoyed the conversation, great service and menu. Thanks.Special Features:
- Awesome in Every categoryBear1962Dined on 6/14/2014A Gem on the West Side, Staff was superb at every step of the evening. Excellent food, creative and mouthwatering with perfect portions. It's definitely one of those places you should have on your special occasion listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular stop- alwaysGourmandDined on 6/11/2014Such a great and creative menu. I always go to one of the Provences' when I visit Vancouver. Never lets me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who Lunch2catsDined on 6/9/2014A popular spot which I hadn't been to for a long time but my companion had been recently for dinner and lunch and had enjoyed both and suggested it for a birthday celebration. Food is good and nicely presented. A small patio but a windy day so we sat inside.Special Features:
- great brunchvanfinediningDined on 6/8/2014Excellent choices for specialty brunch - well-priced, great service, and outdoor patio setting. Very good wine list.Special Features:
- Always GoodGloriousFoodyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Been coming here for years. It's consistently good every time. Brunch is delicious! And the halibut is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!magicianDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I went for dinner as a birthday celebration after having the Provence Mediterranean Grill highly recommended by a relative. I had looked up their web page and we decided beforehand to go for the spotted shrimp special, which included an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. I won't go into specifics, but from beginning to end the meal was fabulous! The service was just right, all questions answered without hesitation, and everything we had very tasty. We will be returning to dine again in the near future and will gladly pass on our recommendation to family and friends.Special Features:
- A fabulous lunch.EsmeDined on 5/23/2014I took a friend to lunch as a belated birthday gift, and we enjoyed wonderful food, delicious wine, and attentive service. I would not hesitate to return for a special lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- A wonderful place to celebrateSavannahcatDined on 5/21/2014After a UBC graduation, we spent a lovely dinner with my daughter and my parents. Finding places that are interesting enough for my daughter, quiet enough for my 91 year old mom to be able to hear the conversation and delicious enough food for me - is no easy feat. Provence never lets us down. Stephanie is a wonderful server there and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary/birthday dinnergoodtimesDined on 5/20/2014This is our local restaurant so we get e-mails regularly and when they sent us a coupon for an appetizer for our anniversary we decided to have our celebratory dinner there Great meal, great service and a smashing success ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointedtwosomeDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant is always a reliable choice for quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableUBCvisitorDined on 5/13/2014I've visited several times a year since Provence opened and, while it's changed, have always had a good experience. Service was superb and the meal was lovely for a special dinner with friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Good atmosphere, excellent meal; staff very friendly and professional; not pushy but there and attentive. Pleasant décor.Special Features:
- Great Brunch VenueMangerDined on 5/11/2014Have been a number of times for Brunch. Delicious food. Great bread basket with breads, muffins, biscotti etc. To die for mushroom ravioli. The whole time I was eating it I was trying to figure out how to replicate it...soooo good. Have not been for dinner to this location but to Provence Marinaside. That was wonderful and so next time I am going to have dinner at here. The service is excellent. It is very reasonable. Quaint venue but don't let that fool you regarding the excellent quality. Will definitely return and recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysborgergalDined on 5/10/2014What else can I say? The smoke trout appie was superb. The rabbit pasta was good as well. As always, the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Giving up hopeMichVIPDined on 5/4/2014We being coming to Provence as a family for a long time. It use to be a favourite. The last two meals we've had there have been disappointing. During our most recent visit, our meals were slow in arriving, and when they did arrive they were on the cold side.
- The following 335 reviews are from the Provence Mediterranean Grill reviews archive.
- Great Menu!FoodieinVancouverDined on 4/23/2014Excellent menu choices. Food was delicious. Especially like the table d'hote menu. Service was very friendly. Great ambience!Special Features:
- Lunch on Easter SundayasiantravellerVIPDined on 4/20/2014What a wonderful place for brunch/lunch. This was my first time and the food, service and the room were all wonderful. I'll be back again, for sure!Special Features:
- I have been to Provence manyLoveitVIPDined on 4/10/2014I have been to Provence many times and it never disappoints. This time, their April seafood menu was featured and we enjoyed outstanding house-smoked sturgeon, grilled steelhead, and halibut. Service is always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLamFamilyVIPDined on 4/6/2014We have dined at this restaurant many times over the years. On this occasion, although the food was very good, the service was extremely disappointing, lacking the finesse of a fine dining establishment. The dishes were plonked down in front of us without any explanation and the waitress would have been better working in a fast food joint where there is little customer interaction. We will sadly not be returning for a long time.
- DisappointedLolaDined on 4/6/2014Wait staff was very pleasant, but service was absolutely terrible. waited nearly 30 minutes just to get our coffee - twice. Asked the waitress if they were short staffed and were told no, just weren't expecting everyone to show up all at once. Sunday Brunch? That's usually a busy time, isn't it?
- Reliably excellentBecksterDined on 4/5/2014Great food, wine and company, it was the trifecta for a super night. The service is never short of exemplary, and the food always delicious. I don't know why we don't go more often!Special Features:
- same sameHibsDined on 3/20/2014As usual great ravioli served by friendly, professional staff. Great to be consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostalgic Provence Med Trip MomentLandlocked1Dined on 3/16/2014My daughter and I, and friends who have recently travelled in France, were drawn to your restaurant, by a walk by menu viewing, a subsequent on line search, and a hope that the offer of genuine Provencal 'Cuisine' would actually be possible. We were not disappointed. We had the Seafood and Meat Platters, as much food for four people as was more than adequate, and the flavours transported me to a warmer more fragrant clime. Our friends say they have found a new go to spot in Vancouver that they will recommend to their most discerning friends in Abbotsford. Until we meet again my friends... (we had some great Irish moments in Vancouver this trip as well) May the sun shine warm upon your faces(s)... Thanks for the many gluten free options.Special Features:
- Food good as usual.YummyVIPDined on 2/23/2014The Arctic Char special of the evening was very nice. Crispy skin which I love on a bed of tasty peas. The three others at the table all agreed that the fish soup was full of flavour but a bit too salty. The roast chicken and mushroom ravioli were much liked. We didn't have our favourite server who is always so cheerful and efficient -- she's wonderful. We had the other lady who was fine though a bit rough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodGhostDined on 2/19/2014I went to this place for my date's birthday. It is definitely a place to go with date. I brought the cake myself and the server cut it for us and decorate the plate as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014As usual the food, service and ambiance are great!Special Features:
- serviceyvonneDined on 2/14/2014we often go for lunch and have always received excellent service and food. We were there on Valentine's day and the service was not up to its usual standard. Our server, although pleasant was not attentive at all. She was there to take our order, and we didn't see her again, till she provided us with the bill. I know it was Valentine's and it was busy, but we really felt we were neglected. After all, it was a special occasion, and we should have been provided with good service!!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal very muchGRMBDined on 2/8/2014We enjoyed our meal very much even though it was full and we were seating near the kitchen. What we didn't appreciate was the choice of music. Very annoying and distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencelovesfoodDined on 2/1/2014This was my first visit to Provence Mediterranean Grill. My mom has always raved about it so I checked it out during Dine Out Vancouver. The clam bisque was positively delicious! The scallops and sable fish melt in your mouth. The clafoutis is also not to be missed. We were very well taking care of by our prompt, helpful, and friendly server. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine OutFoodieDined on 1/25/2014I'm so glad this restaurant was recommended to us - the Sablefish and Scallop entrée was to die for!!! Melt in your mouth delicious. The service was terrific and will visit this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.