1177 Marinaside Crescent
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2Y3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provenceyaletown.ca/
- Phone: 6046814144x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:30am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: Jean-Francis Quaglia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Davie
- Public Transit: Stadium Skytrain
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parkade under the Urban Fare which is just around the corner from us. Please bring in the bottom stub from your parking receipt and we will take the first hour of parking off of your bill. There is also street parking, metered until 8:00p.m.
In the trendy Yaletown district where Davie Street meets False Creek, Provence Marinaside is a great place to meet your friends on the patio or at our bar. Watch the action in the marina or on the seawall.
Provence Marinaside's award-winning food, warm ambiance, and friendly service turns every meal into a special occasion. Fresh local seafood; raw oyster bar; extensive wine list; takeout; gourmet picnic basket.
Dinner is served seven nights a week. Breakfast and lunch served Monday to Friday. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday. Afternoon Tea available by reservation.
A visit to Provence transports you to the South of France without the jetlag.
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- MoMoJuDined on 10/26/2014Music mixed with the noise of the restaurant was just too much if you like to have a quiet dinner. The music is awful. Prefers to dine at Provence Mediterranean Grill.
- Let rain out there!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014While saturday may have been a rain day wash for many especial those of us from out of town, provence was a warm welcome haven, with a very "provence" ambiance. The service, excellent, the food very satisfying without being presumptuous. A Must eat experience!!!Special Features:
- Delicious Taste of Yaletown DinnerDonnaDined on 10/25/2014A variety of food, and a variety of wines to taste - all of which added up to a fantastic evening - despite the weather and inability to get a taxi for 45 minutes. The maître d' tried her best against soccer, hockey and concert fans all getting out at the same time as we tried to leave. But the food was great and so were the wines, glad to see Covert Farms, Amicitia, an organic winery!! on the menu. Thanks for that.Special Features:
- Warm. Wonderful. View. Value.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014On our latest date night, we treated ourselves to the 'Taste of Yaletown' and selected Provence because their menu options were not entirely bathed in bacon, sounded delicious and seemed relatively healthy. We had tickets to the Symphony later and still had plenty of time to relax over the meal because the food was served fairly quickly. For $35, food was plentiful! The flight of wines, bread, tapenade, merguez, trio of smoked fish, bouillabaisse, duck, chocolate mousse & upside down cake absolutely delicious. Best of all - Michael, our server, was FABulous! Professional, friendly and, to all appearances, sincere. We were delighted with our experience and would definitely return as well as recommending it to others.Special Features:
- always brilliantbrisha2280Dined on 10/25/2014The food is outstanding with very attentive staff. Have been numerous times and is always a favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some things do not changeHappyTummyDined on 10/23/2014Nice to see some things do not change, Provence Marinaside continues to offer Outstanding Food and Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014We enjoyed a fantastic seafood feast at Provence. The room was lively, the service was great! We enjoyed the seafood steamer for an appetizer and split the halibut and the lamb for a main. Everything was delicious. We have also had breakfast/brunch at Provence and it was amazing. Even nicer nwhe there is daylight and you can look out over the water.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014Weird how it's called Provence and there's so few Southern Rhone choices. You'd think there would be a dozen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShopgirlDined on 10/22/2014Food was relatively fine except for the duck confit which was too salty.Special Features:
- 2eatwellDined on 10/20/2014Pretentious restaurant that does not live up to the reputation of Province on W. 10th and was a great disappointment (the ambiance, food, and, especially, the service, to me and to my husband, who I was taking there on his birthday. The food (3-course set dinner) was uninterestingly presented and the main dish cold and tasteless, except for the steelhead. The waiter was polite but all but ignored us except to constantly pour as much wine into our glasses as he could before the main dish arrived. We had to ask him to slow down on the frequency and the quantity. We had to ask someone else for the dessert menu, and we never were asked if we wanted coffee. First and last visit for us.Special Features:
- delightful tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food was to perfection, the service was outstanding and well informed . was a perfect evening, a must place to dine atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service needs workvancouverfoodieDined on 10/19/2014Great food, chef definitely knows what he's doing. Wine list was amazing and full of great choices, Service definitely needs improvementSpecial Features:
- AverageVic91879Dined on 10/18/2014The $35 Taste of Yaletown menu is great value. Started with smoked fish salad and grilled lamb sausages followed by bouillabaisse and steelhead. Bouillabaisse was filled with lots of fish and shellfish, my steelhead accompanied by saffron pearl pasta, both very good. Having said the above, we wouldn't go back. Bouillabaisse was served with crackers...ugh. Staff is poor... lots of newbies running around and even training done on Saturday night. Ten minutes to bring our bottle of wine. 'Elegant' is exact opposite of what the room is about. Very tightly packed basic tables and chairs just doesn't jive with the expected atmosphere. I don't mind the limited space in little French bistros.... this was more university cafeteria... just awkward.
- Don't waste your moneyCaramelDined on 10/18/2014The server was very distracted and rarely came to the table. She never asked how anything was or checked in all evening.We had to wave her over several times throughout the evening and there were large gaps between the courses. We paid for two hours of parking, and ended up wolfing down our dessert and tea/coffee just to avoid getting a parking fine, because it took so long to get the food. The appetizer Merguez Sausages with fennel in tomato sauce were way too spicy for the average diner. The Steelhead with saffron pearl pasta and snow pea sprouts was bland and boring. There was absolutely no sauce on the fish and the sides were completely dry and tasteless. The clafoutis dessert looked like a wilted flat pancake instead of being fluffy.
- Good food, good locationfoodieguyDined on 10/17/2014The food was good but with all the reviews iI was expecting a bit more. The calamari was goo but would have expected a bit les soggy. The mussels are the best i have ever tasted. Overall pretty good other than the fact they forgot to bring us our 1/2 lobster.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014I was hoping for an enjoyable meal but unfortunately the food was mediocre, the service was slow and the presentation was lacking. The mains were satisfactory but the desserts and entrees were subpar and it wasnt even busy!Special Features:
- bokkieVIPDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated a birthday with 9 people and we had excellent service and delicious food!Special Features:
- Nice MealTombasilDined on 10/11/2014We ate at Provence Marinaside on the weekend and enjoyed it very much. There were 6 in our group and we were attended to very promptly by the hostess and our server. I had the Chicken Provencal which was delicious. Others in the group had the Halibut and Beef Tenderloin which were thoroughly enjoyed. Many of the entrees were in the $30-$40 range, which seemed a little high, but we would definitely consider going back to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodB211Dined on 10/10/2014The lamb chops were very flavorful. The seafood dishes we had were great too. The lemon tart has a fresh lemon flavor and is consistently a treat. Great assortment of wines by the glass and the bottle. Will continue to keep coming. Close to the Canada Line too so don't have to worry about having an extra glass of wine and driving.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for lunchraniDined on 10/2/2014Relaxed atmosphere, excellent food and service, dining al fresco in October - the perfect spot to showcase Vancouver to a well-travelled friend visiting from Europe.Special Features:
- Spoiled by Crying ChildOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The restaurant is pricey but very nice. The evening was spoiled by a family with a child that was crying more or less continuously while we were there. The staff was unable / unwilling to do anything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find2AussiesDined on 9/27/2014Having walked past the restaurant many times we assumed it was a French restaurant. We were delighted to see the amazing choice of seafood on the menu. Our meals were magnificent, exceptional service and a great evening out enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Service was bang on and food was very tasty. No complaints, great night.Special Features:
- Great Patio DiningDarleneDined on 9/20/2014Patio dining in late September, what a way to see off a great summer in Vancouver! While the patio is relatively small, the marina view is not only typical Vancouver but also reminiscent of places we visited in southern France adding to the Provence ambiance. We chose the Chef's menu and it was great value. It was heavily inspired by locally sourced products, well prepared and delicious. Service was attentive but discreet. All in all a great evening!Special Features:
- So romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience. Great food, wonderful service, and lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysdranaDined on 9/12/2014Provence Marinaside is my wife's favourite restaurant and is never disappointed everytime we come! Awesome food! Super friendly service! Great view! What more can you ask for? We visited on Sep 12 for dinner and our waiter (Walter) was amazing! Super friendly and funny! We came for my wife's birthday and she had a coupon for birthday platter but she also wanted the clafoutis. Walter told us he could see what he could do and he came back with a platter that included the clafoutis! Made my wife's dinner even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome setting8cfoodDined on 9/11/2014Our department went for lunch with our Manager from Toronto & she LOVED the patio dining with the great view of the water and boats. It had a very "European" feel to it. The location was amazing for a sunny September day. The food was good too - but not outstanding. We all found the fish dishes a little bland & they switched the mackerel for aahi tuna on the fish trio without mentioning it and the 3 in our group who ordered it asked for the tuna to be cooked. Not everyone is into raw fish.Special Features:
- Great spot for conveniencepatgreigDined on 9/8/2014Reasonably priced but food, as always, mediocre. Very noisy for a group. Really nice looking restaurant. Have eaten here a lot simply because it is so close and we are visiting family.Special Features:
- as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2014Always the right choice, whether brunch, lunch or dinner. Food consistently amazing , service always perfect, Not a complaint at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional Place to ConnectRollyDined on 9/7/2014For five or six years now Provence has been our "go to" place in Vancouver each time we visit. The food is always exceptional, but it is the combination of great taste coupled with attentive, but sensitive, service and exquisite location that brings us back. It has become our place in Vancouver to catch up with friends from around the world; the food, service and location provide the ideal setting to encourage rich conversation and grow friendships.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantjsfoodDined on 9/5/2014Provence Marinaside is one of my favourite restaurants that is a true standby for consistent excellent service and food year after year.Special Features:
- TakkyDined on 9/1/2014The waiter got my wife's entree wrong. I was half way through my entree before he brought the correct entree to my wife.Special Features:
- Great staffdeltaseaDined on 8/30/2014We were treated extremely well. Our server was very knowledgeable about food and wine. Dael was very attentive but not overbearing. She made our experience at the restaurant very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free foodies rejoice!GlutenFreeFoodieDined on 8/28/2014The food here is excellent! Service was superb! And if you trying to reduce gluten without reducing taste and choice, this is the place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlfrescoDined on 8/28/2014Yet another birthday celebrated in grand style at Provence! The appetizers (pickled fish, salad, soup) were all excellent and the main dishes were superb (bouillabaisse and morrocan chicken skewers). The piece de resistance was the complimentary birthday dessert of the most delicious chocolate mouse and other concoctions which was shared between three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Nice seafood, though bit too much focus on chilled-seafood. Not as traditional french as we might have wishes, but food was tasty.Special Features:
- Hot and coldtoothietruthieDined on 8/22/2014My dining experience is limited so my expectations may be warped by my own cooking. I enjoyed my tenderloin and I was pleased it was delivered with just a few green vegetables and jus/gravy; the frites never touched my plate or palate, great for giving to others craving carbs. The wine choice was wisely left to savvy little miss locovore and the table enjoyed BC VQA with gusto. The appetizers were hit and miss - liking the lamb sausage and squid - I like to eat meat so eggplant and artichoke was ok. The sophisticated foodie liked the whole bream - where else do you get a full fish on a plate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Service was too fast ... We barely had time to finish and the plates were whipped away ... Not a good thing when one is entertaining out of town guests who are used to timely serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningAlwayshungryDined on 8/15/2014What a wonderful dinner my family had at the Marinaside! The service was phenomenal. The food was delicious. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueerrrDined on 8/15/2014there was a mix up in the kitchen so we didn't get our appetizers or bread for a good 20minutes, but when they did arrive they were excellent. The prosciutto wrapped bocconcini was awesome.. Gets quite noisy later in the evening as the restaurant filled up. Overall an enjoyable restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.