1177 Marinaside Crescent
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2Y3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provenceyaletown.ca/
- Phone: 6046814144x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:30am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: Jean-Francis Quaglia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Davie
- Public Transit: Stadium Skytrain
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parkade under the Urban Fare which is just around the corner from us. Please bring in the bottom stub from your parking receipt and we will take the first hour of parking off of your bill. There is also street parking, metered until 8:00p.m.
In the trendy Yaletown district where Davie Street meets False Creek, Provence Marinaside is a great place to meet your friends on the patio or at our bar. Watch the action in the marina or on the seawall.
Provence Marinaside's award-winning food, warm ambiance, and friendly service turns every meal into a special occasion. Fresh local seafood; raw oyster bar; extensive wine list; takeout; gourmet picnic basket.
Dinner is served seven nights a week. Breakfast and lunch served Monday to Friday. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday. Afternoon Tea available by reservation.
A visit to Provence transports you to the South of France without the jetlag.
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- Great staffdeltaseaDined on 8/30/2014We were treated extremely well. Our server was very knowledgeable about food and wine. Dael was very attentive but not overbearing. She made our experience at the restaurant very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free foodies rejoice!GlutenFreeFoodieDined on 8/28/2014The food here is excellent! Service was superb! And if you trying to reduce gluten without reducing taste and choice, this is the place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Nice seafood, though bit too much focus on chilled-seafood. Not as traditional french as we might have wishes, but food was tasty.Special Features:
- Hot and coldtoothietruthieDined on 8/22/2014My dining experience is limited so my expectations may be warped by my own cooking. I enjoyed my tenderloin and I was pleased it was delivered with just a few green vegetables and jus/gravy; the frites never touched my plate or palate, great for giving to others craving carbs. The wine choice was wisely left to savvy little miss locovore and the table enjoyed BC VQA with gusto. The appetizers were hit and miss - liking the lamb sausage and squid - I like to eat meat so eggplant and artichoke was ok. The sophisticated foodie liked the whole bream - where else do you get a full fish on a plate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Service was too fast ... We barely had time to finish and the plates were whipped away ... Not a good thing when one is entertaining out of town guests who are used to timely serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningAlwayshungryDined on 8/15/2014What a wonderful dinner my family had at the Marinaside! The service was phenomenal. The food was delicious. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueerrrDined on 8/15/2014there was a mix up in the kitchen so we didn't get our appetizers or bread for a good 20minutes, but when they did arrive they were excellent. The prosciutto wrapped bocconcini was awesome.. Gets quite noisy later in the evening as the restaurant filled up. Overall an enjoyable restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Seafood LoversSeattleTPDined on 8/8/2014Had the seafood linguini which was delicious. It came with plenty of clams, muscles, shrimp and descent portions of bream and halibut served over linguini in a red sauce. Everything was perfectly cooked. The decor is pleasant enough. Casual attire is fine on those warm summer evenings.Special Features:
- 1hungryhoraceDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyable experience overall. We had an early booking so were disappointed that you ran out of the desert of the day, no Blueberries! Also quite a delay in getting our pre dinner drinks, no Tonic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch menuVickiPDined on 8/6/2014We went for a small staff party for a birthday. The lunch menu was fabulous in what choices were offered and everyone enjoyed their choices without any noticeable menu envy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014TERRIBLE SERVICE! I made a lunch reservation 10 DAYS IN ADVANCE requesting a table outside. When we arrived, we were seated at the worst table they had - no shade. The waiter delivered some water and disappeared for 15 minutes. When he returned to take our order, I put a bottle of champagne we brought on the table. The waiter took our order, left the champagne on the table and disappeared for another 20 minutes! I had to go to the receptionist and ask for some service. I noticed a table that had an umbrella were leaving and asked if we could move to that table. Of course the waiter was no where in sight so we moved on our own. The manager came running out yelling that he was seating someone else there. At least the food was good.Special Features:
- Very mediocre foodTillseDined on 7/29/2014And there much better locations in this wonderful city!
- Check your bill before payingVancouver678Dined on 7/27/2014This was our usual restaurant many years ago until we had a bad experience few years back. My husband decided to give it another try for his birthday dinner. Everything was good (food, service) and they can make something for the kids that is not on the menu with a reasonable price. My husband paid the bill but I didn't check because I was busy with the kids. When I got home I realized they overcharged us for a dessert, it was supposed to be part of the three course meal but the server charged it as a separate order. Last but not least, I did mention it was for a birthday celebration but the server didn't do anything special for this celebration, which was a bit disappointed for a relatively high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- FoodfairyDined on 7/26/2014Friendly, vibrant, noisy place to dine. good view from outside, cant speak for dining indoors during winter. Our waitress was excellent. Our martinis were not cold enough, indifferent. Wine selection did not have enough cabs. Rack of lamb was best I'v had. Quinoa salad dry and untasty. Grilled squid good. Boccinchini not good, dry and untasty and not enough balsamic. Pasta seafood only good.Special Features:
- Yaletown FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014Love this restaurant. Always have a lovely time, great food and wonderful service. Love the view and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic yet again!mookDined on 7/23/2014Was a long time since we had gone to Provence, and as always, it did not disappoint! The food was exceptional and the service was friendly/polite without being overbearing. Tried the crab/lobster with bamboo rice and it was one of the best risotto-style dishes I've had in years! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- YummyDined on 7/21/2014Fantastic lobster dinner and the lemon tart was delicious. The lobster salad to start was a little bland. Overall we had a great dinner and excellent service. Thank you.Special Features:
- Wonderfulafm62Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Provence Marinaside for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food was delectable, the service top notch and the ambience romantic but lively. We enjoyed our meal so much that we went back for brunch the next day! Brunch was even better than the dinner (if possible)!Special Features:
- Good food as always.funfood4ptgDined on 7/19/2014We have dined here many times, & were very happy with our food & service. The décor has changed since our last visit. Much more casual, which I suppose goes with the times. Good for tourists & families wanting an excellent meal. We always enjoyed the more upscale dining atmosphere, particularly for special events.Special Features:
- Mehjb11VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was ok on my end but my husband didn't like his oysters or his main course. Decor is dated. Outdoor patio tables plastic with no table coverings. A little tacky for expensive dining. Overall crowd on the more mature side - this is more of a tourist spot or "regulars" spot. Had a pleasant server though - and she took my husbands bisque off our bill when he said it was too salty. Wish it was a little better due to the amazing location. Just needs a major update/overhaul I guess to compete with yaletown.Special Features:
- dining at ProvenceEnjoyersDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed our evening here but found the service slightly too casual for this restaurant. One of our party ordered the chicken and was then told that it would take 40 minutes. This should have been told to us at the outset and we also waited at least 15 minutes to place our orders. Not all the dishes we ordered were clearly heard by our server and we had to remind her bring it. We have been here several times and enjoy the food but the service just lacked a certain level on this occasion.Special Features:
- Reliably niceedgeDined on 7/17/2014Dinner at Provence Marinaside is always a treat. We had out favourite seat and one of our favourite waiters. I love their wines on tap - they are good quality and reasonably pricers allowing one to pick and choose as the meal progresses without spending a fortune. My albacore tuna with smoked olive oil was perfect, as was my partners dish. A lovely evening, followed by a bike ride around False Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!JodiDined on 7/16/2014Have been to this restaurant many times and always come back! The menu has great appeal and the ambience is lovely. Would highly recommend Le Provence to friends and business associates. They were also wonderful with accommodating our various allergies.Special Features:
- Over Priced, Dated.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Being my first time there, I was surprised and disappointed by the dated, cafeteria-esque, decor. Perusing the menu, I felt there was a real disconnect between the relatively high prices and the pedestrian surroundings. Although I am familiar with the French bistro approach, I still feel the place needs an overhaul to bring it into the modern era. The food was good and the portions were adequate but the service was sub-par. It took much too long to get our drinks and we stared down empty plates for at least 10 minutes before we could even request our bill. Far from trendy, quiet and expensive: I doubt I'd go back...Special Features:
- One of my FavouritesHooswellVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great food, service, location, all you could ask for. Everyone in our group of 4 was very pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperiencerightatmosphereDined on 7/11/2014The variety of the food was excellent we opted to have a number of appetizers rather than main courses and it was definitely the right decision. Each item was great, we ate what we wanted. The server recommend a nice wine which went with all of our tastes. Will go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and Cuisine!MeandHerDined on 7/3/2014We all enjoyed the whole experience. My wife who shares my birthday, shared her Wild Mushroom Ravioli with each of us and her comment sums up our whole experience... "I wish it would never end!" and we all said "Amen"! thanks to all the chefs and servers... well done!Special Features:
- Dining ExperiencedowntownDined on 6/30/2014I booked the restaurant last minute. Just had a quick look at the website and it was close enough to the venue we went after for a concert. Fantastic food. Incredible staff. Great view. I felt like I was in California. Our table was a little unfortunate right by the door. My husband's chair got bumped quite a bit but that didn't ruin our experience. We wanted to sit outside. We could've had a better table inside. We loved everything about the place and would recommend it to anybody who likes seafood :)Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!sbllivingwellDined on 6/28/2014The service was fabulous, as was the food! We had a great experience and would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014The food was to die for. The service was discrete, friendly, timely...outstanding! The high ceiling made it a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDined on 6/21/2014Prior visits the food was exceptional. This visit did not live up to previous dining experience. I asked for medium rare rack of lamb and received well done with a horrible sauce on top. My husband's fish was dry. Thank God for their chef's famous dessert. We had invited friends for dinner as well raving about the restaurant. We would have returned our plates however, did not want to embarass ourselves after raving to our friends. We did leave with extra desserts because you can always count on its consistency. From hereafter, it will only be for dessert and coffee. This was our anniversary celebration as well.Special Features:
- Location and SeafoodPickyPerhapsDined on 6/20/2014A great spot for a quick or rrlaxed meal. Loved the tapas bites to share similar to restaurants in Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some enchanted eveningMewsoDined on 6/19/2014We were so impressed by the delicious food we experienced that we actually came back later that night for round 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceReggieDined on 6/17/2014For consistently excellent food and great service you can't beat Provence Marinaside. We go there quite often and have never been disappointed. For casual dinners with friends or business gatherings it is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeTandBDined on 6/13/2014Stopped in for a Birthday Celebration. Service was attentive & very friendly without being bothersome. Bouillabaisse was the best I've ever had; very rich fish base. Great location with a lovely marina view. Nice wine list with an impressive number of wines being available by the glass. Highly recommend you give it a try.Special Features:
- Food qualityUnlimitedtimeVIPDined on 6/13/2014We both order the today soup Spotted pawns clear broth soup. We were a little bit disappointed that not even one pawn serve with the soup. It come with small pieces of asparagus some soy bean and very small pieces of pawns meat. The soup tasted good except too little of pawns meat serve with it.Special Features:
- Portions have decreasedluv2lunchDined on 6/13/2014Had the mushroom ravioli. Always love it. Noticed the portion has decreased significantly since the last time I was there (a few months ago); this was very disappointing. I'm not a big eater and I was still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerhappydinerDined on 6/12/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner, prompted by the use of a coupon special. The waiter and other staff were very attentive and the food was almost excellent - the fish just a tad over cooked. Such a wonderful location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CC47Dined on 6/12/2014Had the 2 course lunch special consisting of 1 small bite (antipasto) of spicy sausages and a tomato sauce. The right amount of spice for the sausage and very nice tomato sauce but one of the sausages was grossly over-cooked. When I bite into the end of the sausages it was hard as a rock. The main dish was a spaghettini with prawns in a tomato sauce. Although the sauce was a bit tangy for me it taste okay and the spaghettini was cooked perfectly al-la-dente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averagePussyKatDined on 6/10/2014We live in Yaletown and frequent this restaurant quite often. Made a reservation for lunch to entertain clients. Not the place to go if you want to have a conversation. Very loud. Food was mediocre. The server was excellent and ambience okay. much better in the evenings on the patio.Special Features: