1177 Marinaside Crescent
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2Y3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provenceyaletown.ca/
- Phone: 6046814144x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:30am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: Jean-Francis Quaglia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Davie
- Public Transit: Stadium Skytrain
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parkade under the Urban Fare which is just around the corner from us. Please bring in the bottom stub from your parking receipt and we will take the first hour of parking off of your bill. There is also street parking, metered until 8:00p.m.
In the trendy Yaletown district where Davie Street meets False Creek, Provence Marinaside is a great place to meet your friends on the patio or at our bar. Watch the action in the marina or on the seawall.
Provence Marinaside's award-winning food, warm ambiance, and friendly service turns every meal into a special occasion. Fresh local seafood; raw oyster bar; extensive wine list; takeout; gourmet picnic basket.
Dinner is served seven nights a week. Breakfast and lunch served Monday to Friday. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday. Afternoon Tea available by reservation.
A visit to Provence transports you to the South of France without the jetlag.
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- ShopgirlDined on 10/22/2014Food was relatively fine except for the duck confit which was too salty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Pretentious restaurant that does not live up to the reputation of Province on W. 10th and was a great disappointment (the ambiance, food, and, especially, the service, to me and to my husband, who I was taking there on his birthday. The food (3-course set dinner) was uninterestingly presented and the main dish cold and tasteless, except for the steelhead. The waiter was polite but all but ignored us except to constantly pour as much wine into our glasses as he could before the main dish arrived. We had to ask him to slow down on the frequency and the quantity. We had to ask someone else for the dessert menu, and we never were asked if we wanted coffee. First and last visit for us.Special Features:
- delightful tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food was to perfection, the service was outstanding and well informed . was a perfect evening, a must place to dine atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service needs workvancouverfoodieDined on 10/19/2014Great food, chef definitely knows what he's doing. Wine list was amazing and full of great choices, Service definitely needs improvementSpecial Features:
- AverageVic91879Dined on 10/18/2014The $35 Taste of Yaletown menu is great value. Started with smoked fish salad and grilled lamb sausages followed by bouillabaisse and steelhead. Bouillabaisse was filled with lots of fish and shellfish, my steelhead accompanied by saffron pearl pasta, both very good. Having said the above, we wouldn't go back. Bouillabaisse was served with crackers...ugh. Staff is poor... lots of newbies running around and even training done on Saturday night. Ten minutes to bring our bottle of wine. 'Elegant' is exact opposite of what the room is about. Very tightly packed basic tables and chairs just doesn't jive with the expected atmosphere. I don't mind the limited space in little French bistros.... this was more university cafeteria... just awkward.
- Don't waste your moneyCaramelDined on 10/18/2014The server was very distracted and rarely came to the table. She never asked how anything was or checked in all evening.We had to wave her over several times throughout the evening and there were large gaps between the courses. We paid for two hours of parking, and ended up wolfing down our dessert and tea/coffee just to avoid getting a parking fine, because it took so long to get the food. The appetizer Merguez Sausages with fennel in tomato sauce were way too spicy for the average diner. The Steelhead with saffron pearl pasta and snow pea sprouts was bland and boring. There was absolutely no sauce on the fish and the sides were completely dry and tasteless. The clafoutis dessert looked like a wilted flat pancake instead of being fluffy.
- Good food, good locationfoodieguyDined on 10/17/2014The food was good but with all the reviews iI was expecting a bit more. The calamari was goo but would have expected a bit les soggy. The mussels are the best i have ever tasted. Overall pretty good other than the fact they forgot to bring us our 1/2 lobster.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014I was hoping for an enjoyable meal but unfortunately the food was mediocre, the service was slow and the presentation was lacking. The mains were satisfactory but the desserts and entrees were subpar and it wasnt even busy!Special Features:
- bokkieVIPDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated a birthday with 9 people and we had excellent service and delicious food!Special Features:
- Nice MealTombasilDined on 10/11/2014We ate at Provence Marinaside on the weekend and enjoyed it very much. There were 6 in our group and we were attended to very promptly by the hostess and our server. I had the Chicken Provencal which was delicious. Others in the group had the Halibut and Beef Tenderloin which were thoroughly enjoyed. Many of the entrees were in the $30-$40 range, which seemed a little high, but we would definitely consider going back to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodB211Dined on 10/10/2014The lamb chops were very flavorful. The seafood dishes we had were great too. The lemon tart has a fresh lemon flavor and is consistently a treat. Great assortment of wines by the glass and the bottle. Will continue to keep coming. Close to the Canada Line too so don't have to worry about having an extra glass of wine and driving.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for lunchraniDined on 10/2/2014Relaxed atmosphere, excellent food and service, dining al fresco in October - the perfect spot to showcase Vancouver to a well-travelled friend visiting from Europe.Special Features:
- Spoiled by Crying ChildOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The restaurant is pricey but very nice. The evening was spoiled by a family with a child that was crying more or less continuously while we were there. The staff was unable / unwilling to do anything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find2AussiesDined on 9/27/2014Having walked past the restaurant many times we assumed it was a French restaurant. We were delighted to see the amazing choice of seafood on the menu. Our meals were magnificent, exceptional service and a great evening out enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Service was bang on and food was very tasty. No complaints, great night.Special Features:
- Great Patio DiningDarleneDined on 9/20/2014Patio dining in late September, what a way to see off a great summer in Vancouver! While the patio is relatively small, the marina view is not only typical Vancouver but also reminiscent of places we visited in southern France adding to the Provence ambiance. We chose the Chef's menu and it was great value. It was heavily inspired by locally sourced products, well prepared and delicious. Service was attentive but discreet. All in all a great evening!Special Features:
- So romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience. Great food, wonderful service, and lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysdranaDined on 9/12/2014Provence Marinaside is my wife's favourite restaurant and is never disappointed everytime we come! Awesome food! Super friendly service! Great view! What more can you ask for? We visited on Sep 12 for dinner and our waiter (Walter) was amazing! Super friendly and funny! We came for my wife's birthday and she had a coupon for birthday platter but she also wanted the clafoutis. Walter told us he could see what he could do and he came back with a platter that included the clafoutis! Made my wife's dinner even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome setting8cfoodDined on 9/11/2014Our department went for lunch with our Manager from Toronto & she LOVED the patio dining with the great view of the water and boats. It had a very "European" feel to it. The location was amazing for a sunny September day. The food was good too - but not outstanding. We all found the fish dishes a little bland & they switched the mackerel for aahi tuna on the fish trio without mentioning it and the 3 in our group who ordered it asked for the tuna to be cooked. Not everyone is into raw fish.Special Features:
- Great spot for conveniencepatgreigDined on 9/8/2014Reasonably priced but food, as always, mediocre. Very noisy for a group. Really nice looking restaurant. Have eaten here a lot simply because it is so close and we are visiting family.Special Features:
- as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2014Always the right choice, whether brunch, lunch or dinner. Food consistently amazing , service always perfect, Not a complaint at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional Place to ConnectRollyDined on 9/7/2014For five or six years now Provence has been our "go to" place in Vancouver each time we visit. The food is always exceptional, but it is the combination of great taste coupled with attentive, but sensitive, service and exquisite location that brings us back. It has become our place in Vancouver to catch up with friends from around the world; the food, service and location provide the ideal setting to encourage rich conversation and grow friendships.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantjsfoodDined on 9/5/2014Provence Marinaside is one of my favourite restaurants that is a true standby for consistent excellent service and food year after year.Special Features:
- TakkyDined on 9/1/2014The waiter got my wife's entree wrong. I was half way through my entree before he brought the correct entree to my wife.Special Features:
- Great staffdeltaseaDined on 8/30/2014We were treated extremely well. Our server was very knowledgeable about food and wine. Dael was very attentive but not overbearing. She made our experience at the restaurant very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free foodies rejoice!GlutenFreeFoodieDined on 8/28/2014The food here is excellent! Service was superb! And if you trying to reduce gluten without reducing taste and choice, this is the place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlfrescoDined on 8/28/2014Yet another birthday celebrated in grand style at Provence! The appetizers (pickled fish, salad, soup) were all excellent and the main dishes were superb (bouillabaisse and morrocan chicken skewers). The piece de resistance was the complimentary birthday dessert of the most delicious chocolate mouse and other concoctions which was shared between three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Nice seafood, though bit too much focus on chilled-seafood. Not as traditional french as we might have wishes, but food was tasty.Special Features:
- Hot and coldtoothietruthieDined on 8/22/2014My dining experience is limited so my expectations may be warped by my own cooking. I enjoyed my tenderloin and I was pleased it was delivered with just a few green vegetables and jus/gravy; the frites never touched my plate or palate, great for giving to others craving carbs. The wine choice was wisely left to savvy little miss locovore and the table enjoyed BC VQA with gusto. The appetizers were hit and miss - liking the lamb sausage and squid - I like to eat meat so eggplant and artichoke was ok. The sophisticated foodie liked the whole bream - where else do you get a full fish on a plate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Service was too fast ... We barely had time to finish and the plates were whipped away ... Not a good thing when one is entertaining out of town guests who are used to timely serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningAlwayshungryDined on 8/15/2014What a wonderful dinner my family had at the Marinaside! The service was phenomenal. The food was delicious. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueerrrDined on 8/15/2014there was a mix up in the kitchen so we didn't get our appetizers or bread for a good 20minutes, but when they did arrive they were excellent. The prosciutto wrapped bocconcini was awesome.. Gets quite noisy later in the evening as the restaurant filled up. Overall an enjoyable restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Seafood LoversSeattleTPDined on 8/8/2014Had the seafood linguini which was delicious. It came with plenty of clams, muscles, shrimp and descent portions of bream and halibut served over linguini in a red sauce. Everything was perfectly cooked. The decor is pleasant enough. Casual attire is fine on those warm summer evenings.Special Features:
- 1hungryhoraceDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyable experience overall. We had an early booking so were disappointed that you ran out of the desert of the day, no Blueberries! Also quite a delay in getting our pre dinner drinks, no Tonic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch menuVickiPDined on 8/6/2014We went for a small staff party for a birthday. The lunch menu was fabulous in what choices were offered and everyone enjoyed their choices without any noticeable menu envy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014TERRIBLE SERVICE! I made a lunch reservation 10 DAYS IN ADVANCE requesting a table outside. When we arrived, we were seated at the worst table they had - no shade. The waiter delivered some water and disappeared for 15 minutes. When he returned to take our order, I put a bottle of champagne we brought on the table. The waiter took our order, left the champagne on the table and disappeared for another 20 minutes! I had to go to the receptionist and ask for some service. I noticed a table that had an umbrella were leaving and asked if we could move to that table. Of course the waiter was no where in sight so we moved on our own. The manager came running out yelling that he was seating someone else there. At least the food was good.Special Features:
- Very mediocre foodTillseDined on 7/29/2014And there much better locations in this wonderful city!
- Check your bill before payingVancouver678Dined on 7/27/2014This was our usual restaurant many years ago until we had a bad experience few years back. My husband decided to give it another try for his birthday dinner. Everything was good (food, service) and they can make something for the kids that is not on the menu with a reasonable price. My husband paid the bill but I didn't check because I was busy with the kids. When I got home I realized they overcharged us for a dessert, it was supposed to be part of the three course meal but the server charged it as a separate order. Last but not least, I did mention it was for a birthday celebration but the server didn't do anything special for this celebration, which was a bit disappointed for a relatively high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- FoodfairyDined on 7/26/2014Friendly, vibrant, noisy place to dine. good view from outside, cant speak for dining indoors during winter. Our waitress was excellent. Our martinis were not cold enough, indifferent. Wine selection did not have enough cabs. Rack of lamb was best I'v had. Quinoa salad dry and untasty. Grilled squid good. Boccinchini not good, dry and untasty and not enough balsamic. Pasta seafood only good.Special Features:
- Yaletown FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014Love this restaurant. Always have a lovely time, great food and wonderful service. Love the view and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.