11150 East Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provenancecleveland.com/
- Phone: 2167072600
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday from 5 to 9 p.m.
Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Katz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by Provenance offers best-in-class catering services for the Cleveland Museum of Art’s unique and breathtaking venues.
For more information, please contact:
Sherri Schultz, Director of Catering
A word from Provenance
Provenance is a 76-seat fine dining restaurant and lounge, located inside the world-renowned Cleveland Museum of Art, that features locally sourced and globally inspired cuisine and a prix fixe menu that complements current museum exhibitions. We accept reservations up to one month in advance to the date.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Provenance - Best Restaurants in University Circle ›
Provenance reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (59)scenic view (54)fit for foodies (52)great for brunch (48)special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (18)good for groups (11)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014I brought 2 friends who'd never been (one Clevelander, one former Clevelander). They loved it. Provenance graciously accommodated our request for a slightly later time than reserved, even tho it was very booked for Labor Day wkend Sunday brunch. It was the perfect place for us so I could combine a great brunch w/a visit to the revamped museum, which my friend visiting from L.A. hadn't seen.Special Features:
- A rewarding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014The food was mostly excellent though one of our foursome complained that her sandwich bread was tough and the sauce too hot.Special Features:
- LuvthefoodandserviceGrtdiningexperienceDined on 8/30/2014My walleye dish was superb, delicious & outstanding. However, the steak sandwich that my husband ordered medium rare was well done. The hostess took this back & gave him a medium rare one in exchange. Everybody wasq gracious, courteous & professional. The best part was we were not charged for the steak sandwich. We will definitely come back to Provenance (from Buffalo, NY) the next time we are in town. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- menu changeohfrancophileDined on 8/27/2014I lunched at Provenance about a year ago; at that time I was back from my annual extended stay in France; as an ex-New Yorker, I told friends this lunch was the best I had had all year, outside of France and NYC. However, as I mentioned to the server your new menu did not offer, this time, the sophisticated choices and of that really great haut cuisine I experienced the other time. My guest did comment however that the calamari was the best he had ever had.
- Art and lunchFay0o1Dined on 8/26/2014Perfect place to stop and rest your feet in a fantastic way. Stopped in for lunch with a gal-pal during a day of art perusing and thoroughly enjoyed the place. Very good food and wine selection. Very relaxed and friendly wait staff- let us sit and sip our wine and do dessert for an hour after the meal was over without ever feeling rushed to clear the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!CaseEmployeeDined on 8/26/2014This is an excellent restaurant in the Cleveland Museum of Art that not many people in Cleveland know about. It's perfect for anyone working on the east side to have a business lunch or any occasion. The food was excellent and the service was great. I will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting & Scallops top-notchEJGeroDined on 8/26/2014Finally - a chef knows how to cook (as in, not over-cook) and present scallops! Like I know how to, at home. This was a fine dining experience and nice meeting place for good friends who work in opposite ends of the University Circle area. Would like to come back when we're off the clock so that we can examine that wine list. Design elements in the room (partitions) brought the ambient noise way down, which was great for conversation.Special Features:
- Great for quiet birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Friends and my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed his birthday dinner--with elegant cocktails that we took pictures of and shared appetizer and marvelous, fresh entrees. Oh, and the desserts were fantastic.Special Features:
- ChasDined on 8/21/2014Provenance is a wonderful addition to our beautiful art museum! The menu selections are always very unusual and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchMagicianDined on 8/17/2014This was our 1st time to Provenance and we loved everything about it. The food was outstanding and the dining room was just the right size. It was quiet, we could have a nice private conversation while we dined without having to shout at each other over the noise so common in many restaurants these days. The service was great and our server very attentive and was even to tell us the story about the statue outside the window. We will return!Special Features:
- AugOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014To recommend Provence to a friend I would have to qualify it. I believe that you are grossly overpriced. Really, $10-12 for two scallops?? While the food taste was very good, you simply have too much fine dining competition in the area that is much better priced. On our next visit we will try the grill; hopefully they are not competing with you.Special Features:
- Food Art at Cleveland Museum of ArtLocalFoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Very special lunch. The food is truly a step above and the service very good. How can the atmosphere miss when you're in the Cleveland Museum of Art?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceFitnessPleaseVIPDined on 8/6/2014The waitress was not good. I asked for fresh ground pepper, and she never came, and I did not want to keep my friend waiting, so I ate the salad with table pepper, which I COULD GET AT HOME. When I told her about it, no sympathy, and she was very flat. Her tip could have been way better, but I convinced my friend DO NOT DARE give her a good tip. I don't know if we will be back.Special Features:
- Group lunch funFitfillyDined on 8/6/2014My book group came here for lunch. We had a tasty meal and a wonderful discussion in the quiet serenity of this place. Lovely. We had a nice waitress too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteFavoriteDined on 7/25/2014Provenance is a favorite place for lunch with my family. We enjoy the changing g menu to compliment the current exhibit at the museum.Special Features:
- ProvenanceElaineDined on 7/24/2014I try to take my out of town guests to this restaurant. It is good food in a nice location. Very easy to then spend time in the museum. It is interesting to see what will be on the menu with trying to use the foods in season. My guest loved everything she ordered. I thought my cold cucumber soup was too bland. Loved the pedant butter mouse cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on Fire ...AnonymousDined on 7/23/2014Big fan of Doug Katz, but won't hurry back to Provenance. The food was, overall, tasty and in keeping with the mission of local, seasonal, but very pricey for the portions.Special Features:
- Great brunch experiencequintessaDined on 7/20/2014Provenance offers a relaxing and elegant dining atmosphere with good service and very interesting menu choices for brunch. The bacon was excellent and the buffet table of fruit and pastry offerings was fresh and tasty. This was my third time here for brunch and I was not disappointed and plant to keep returning!!Special Features:
- Brunch & YogaMrandMrsB628Dined on 7/20/2014My wife practices yoga and the CMA's Exibit Yoga The Art Of Transformation was of particular interest to her. Brunch at Provenance was perfect. The chefs table features fresh greens, fruits and beautiful pasteries. The menu offers something for everyone. My wife and I enjoyed the crab quiche. Our adult children loved the scrambled eggs and bacon and the chicken salad. Such a little gem among masterpieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProvenanceProvDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I came to celebrate our 5th anniversary and the service was fantastic. We really enjoyed the drink selection and the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/6/2014The brunch menu is varied but small, and the system of including a carb-heavy continental breakfast buffet with any main dish is a bit odd. Very pleasant atmosphere and good service. We were very happy with one main dish, happy but not overwhelmed by the second, and a bit disappointed in the third. Unfortunately the bellini was actually pear (which was not noted on the menu) and was very mediocre.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch3fordinnerDined on 7/3/2014What a beautiful setting for a restaurant. Just the walk from the entrance of CMA to dining area is enchanting. The scallop salad which we both had was very good and we were able to enjoy it at our leisure. Waitress and staff were very attentive. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful brunchjeansterDined on 6/29/2014I was slightly disappointed in my entree, but the buffet table was outstanding: croissants, gougere, artichoke heart salad, cinnamon roll...extensive choices of fruit and other pastries. Our table and server were very nice. It was quiet and uncrowded when we were there, first thing in the morning. Excellent coffee. And my plate was rounded off with an interesting bicolor carrot slaw with citrus marinade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service issuesbookfiendDined on 6/28/2014Service was slow, even though the restaurant was not busy. Server didn't seem to know how to tell when we were finished and kept asking us if we were done even though food remained on plate are our forks were in our hands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a treat for every sensegreatDined on 6/27/2014Dinner at Provenance is completely delightful. The setting is extraordinarily beautiful; the presentation of food is a work of art; every course is delicious (every bite is outstanding!); the service is gracious, friendly and unpretentious; and the wine list is reasonably priced and has a combination of reliable and interesting choices (the Torrontes we tried was excellent).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to University CircleSmilinBrownsFanVIPDined on 6/25/2014Great Wednesday evening meal at Provenance. Fantastic location in Cleveland Museum of Art and easy access to the outstanding Gallery One! Group of four enjoyed the mussels, risotto and salmon. Service by Erin was very nice! We'll look forward to our return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Cleveland Art Museumlive2eatDined on 6/25/2014I was thrilled to see Lake Erie walleye on the menu. I ordered the fish without the spicy Peruvian sauce and the walleye and vegetables were absolutely delicious. Our waitress Lauren was very attentive, refilling the iced tea, bringing more butter, and clearing the plates promptly. With the beautiful outdoor view, it made for a romantic,very satisfying lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Lunch Spot in the CircleJerryDined on 6/24/2014Provenance is a perfect spot for lunch in University Circle, whether for business or just meeting friends. The staff are very attentive, but not intrusive. The ambiance is very relaxing and conducive to good conversation with your lunch guests. The menu is limited but varied - something for everyone's tastes. And hey, after lunch you can enjoy one of the worlds great art museums!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Nice atmosphere enjoyed the museum after Fathers Day brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014This is my second time visiting Provenance. The food is superb. The ambience is great. Unfortunately, the service is consistently slow. The restaurant was not very busy on Father's Day but the servers were not very attentive. For example, we were seated, ordered our entrees/drinks and given plates for the first course buffet all without being given silverware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsKRMH3Dined on 6/12/2014I would have rated the food higher if it hadn't been so salty! My two guests felt the same. Is it possible to request no added salt?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Treasure at CMAtootsieDined on 6/5/2014There is no better way to spend a free afternoon than lunch at Provenance and then viewing some of the galleries at CMA to work of some of the calories. An intimate place for lunch or dinner with a special someone...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat conceptbszwedaVIPDined on 6/1/2014I like the idea of the chefs table-a mini buffet that is included with entrees. It's a nice spread with a salad, scones and Jams, breads, and fresh fruit. The entrees, while there are only 8, are a nice deviation from the normal bacon and eggs type of breakfast. It's also neat to be in the art museum setting. This restaurant is different than the Provenance Cafe, both of which are located inside the CMA.Special Features:
- Poor service ruined the experienceSparkyVIPDined on 5/28/2014Unfortunately the food here is very inventive and well prepared. The pace of service was uneven. We ordered the first and main course together thinking that the wait staff would pace the meal accordingly. Instead, the first course came out before we had a chance to finish our cocktails and the second course followed almost immediately. Then, dessert was so delayed that we did not even care at that point. Too bad because the quality of the food was very good and inventive.Special Features:
- Classy and serenestubabeVIPDined on 5/28/2014Provenance is a beautiful space. It is a geat addition to our wonderful Museum Of Art. Four of us had dinner the other night and the opinion was unanimous to return again soon. We each had a fine cucumber soup served cold. Two of us had an excellent trout dish.One had the mussels and one had the rack of venison. Each was very good. The only point of mediocraty was the bitter and cold rabe accompaning the venison. Too bad it is open on Wensday and Friday only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience. . .chagfallsDined on 5/27/2014If you have friends from out of town and want to show off Cleveland, this is the perfect spot. Food, service, and ambiance all get an A+. And of course our museum is one of the finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dropped the ballMichaelVIPDined on 5/21/2014Love Provenance and the Cleveland Museum of Art but the chef must have been off. Will give it another shot.Special Features:
- Van Gogh & birthday brunchMemereDined on 5/18/2014This was a special occasion on several levels. I took my friend & neighbor to see the Van Gogh exhibition at the Art Museum followed with a delicious brunch at Provenance to celebrate her birthday. We are big fans of Doug Katz's "fire" and enjoyed our brunch at the museum.Special Features:
- Enjoyable BrunchHudsoneaterDined on 5/18/2014I hate brunches that rely upon giving you lots of cheap food. Provenance's brunch was lovely. The buffet opening allows you to select from fresh fruit, pastries, and granola. The entrees were nice. The crab quiche was delicate and delicious. The waldorf salad with poached chicken unfortunately succumbed to Chef Katz's tendency to put form over function and sometimes taste. It was served as a wedge of bib lettuce, a small amount of poached chicken pieces that were smothered in dressing, a small amount of apple slices and a dusting of walnut pieces. I would never order this again. Too little chicken, apple and walnuts. But the setting was lovely and the service pleasant.Special Features:
- Relaxing lunchFavoriteDined on 5/17/2014As always, provenance was excellent. Food is special, and service friendly and knowledgable. My granddaughters gnocchi was as light as I have ever tasted. It was her first time having it, and she loved it. My potato curry sandwich with red rice salad was excellent. However after thinking about it, I might have liked a different combination than a potato sandwich and rice salad. Desserts are always A+ and we shared two for the three of us. Creme brûlée and the special Dutch spice cake. It is impossible to say which is more amazing! Of course I'll return.Special Features: