773 Fulton Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prospectbk.com/
- Phone: 7185966826x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: 5:30pm-10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm The bar will remain open after the kitchen closes
Monday: Closed (Will be opening for Lobster Monday's beginning in June, Please check our website, www.prospectbk.com, for details)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Special Events: Call us or check our website for details.
A word from Prospect
Prospect is a modern New-American restaurant and bar that offers an ambitious addition to Brooklyn"s emerging New-American culinary scene, with casually set fine dining and specialty drinks.Continued
Additional reservations are available by calling directly.
Additional reservations are available by calling directly.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Prospect - Best Restaurants in Fort Greene ›
Prospect reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (11)romantic (10)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Prospect Prospectively PositiveDavid1500Dined on 8/16/2014Interesting opportunity to become a stand out. The food is solid but not exceptional - yet. The quality of the materials used to prepare the offerings is quite high so when the kitchen catches up to the purveyors this should be a wonderful restaurant. As it is, it is a fine meal. Prospect also is caught in the price creep that is I'm sure necessary to survival but even if the food were over the top the prices are at the top. We wish them luck. It is a wonderful opportunity to become something special.Special Features:
- Amazing seasonal tastingKatjivaDined on 7/29/2014We couldn't have been more impressed by the chef's tasting and wine pairing. Absolutely stellar service and they killed it with the food. Best restaurant experience overall in the entire city. LOVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jam in BrooklynAlecMVIPDined on 6/11/2014I was very surprised how nice this restaurant is. The food is spectacular and I can't wait to go back. I am used to always go to restaurants in Manhattan but I will def spare a ride to Brroklyn to eat at ProspectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & FriendlyheineaVIPDined on 6/4/2014The pekoe punch was refreshing and flavorful. We shared a bunch of snacks and didn't even get to the mains. We started with the truffled devil eggs which were creamy and tangy. We moved on to the chicken liver mousse that came with wonderfully acidic pickled shallots to cut through the fat and richness of the mousse. We split the meatloaf burger - yummy and juicy. The torchon came topped with cheese and jalapeño chutney on the side. The chutney was so delicious that I continued to eat it long after the torchon was done. Lastly, we thought we needed a veggie so the waiter recommended the asparagus, which came roasted and salty and delicious. Oh, and the tres leches cake was spot on. Overall, a lovely pre-BAM evening.Special Features:
- just the right touchTT88Dined on 5/29/2014This restaurant was perfect in its own way. Price was suitable, menu was excellent, and food was just right. If you're looking for a nice date night or a pre/post BAM bite, this is your spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as reportedftgreenefabDined on 5/23/2014I had heard this restaurant described as the best in the neighborhood, so I was eager to try it. The staff were lovely and the decor was very nice, but the food, while fine, was not incredible. Both my husband (steak) and myself (chicken) got big pieces of gristle with our meat. The cocktails were ok but not exciting. My husband's mashed potatoes, though, were out of this world.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Not anywhere near as good as it has been in the past.
- The following 160 reviews are from the Prospect reviews archive.
- Good dinner!LC11238Dined on 5/1/2014We had a delicious dinner which included fresh food from local farms and friendly staff. Nice bar and friendly bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperNotareviewwriterVIPDined on 4/18/2014Had a seat at the table overlooking the kitchen, and watched a performance of what felt like cooking ballet in the kitchen while I was talking with my friend. Food was wonderfully flavorful and dynamically plated. Good quirky wine list that suits the place perfectly. Everyone was lovely and more welcoming then what work be a mirror of this restaurant in Manhatten. Go forth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic cocktails followedlizateeDined on 4/13/2014Fantastic cocktails followed by interesting and delicious main course entrees at the bar. We'll be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!YumDinerDined on 4/10/2014The food was absolutely superb, and the waitstaff was incredibly helpful. There is something on the menu to make everyone happy, from the less adventurous to those looking for something completely unique. Best meal I have had in a very long timeSpecial Features:
- Dinner with WarmthDelicious1Dined on 4/6/2014Had a wonderful experience here - delicious food with that something extra, caring staff who are passionate about what they do. Enjoyed wonderful oysters as well as snails popped from their shells into a delicious sauce - great presentation. I enjoyed their deeply flavorful risotto, which would have been delicious alone, but served with perfectly seared scallops and bit of pork belly was a real wow. My husband, on a very reluctant health kick, reluctantly ordered the organic chicken but was thrilled to discover that chicken DOES have flavor! Topped off with both Tres Leches and the s'mores desserts and glad we did - it's a crime to choose only one dessert to share, because the desserts are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service but....AlbertoVIPDined on 4/5/2014They need to improve ventilation system....specially if you are seating near the kitchen.Special Features:
- top flight food on Fultonfreq7VIPDined on 3/25/2014close to Barclay center, and BAM Prospect is a relaxed restaurant with great fresh food and little attitude a good choice for a drink , a snack or a meal perhaps the best food in Fort GreeneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pre-Bam SpotpbeeDined on 3/20/2014The food was delicious. The ambiance fun without attitude. The wine list interesting without being too pricey. The service attentive. AND we made it to our show at the Harvey Theater with time to spare thanks to their help!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food near BAM1066Dined on 3/19/2014We had a delicious dinner and had time to walk to the Harvey. Wine by the glass was gods too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu, prep, presentation.AdvisoryVIPDined on 3/6/2014Good menu, prep, presentation. A standout in Ft Greene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AdvertisedDLW2Dined on 1/31/2014So, the word was that the food was fantastic. And, it was. Tight space, but intimate setting...table separation could be better but this place is as "advertised". Food did not dissapoint, service just the same...only setback was the spacing. If you appreciate fine dining...then go...and the rest will dissipate. Well done....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Fort GreenefaustmnDined on 1/17/2014There are some great restaurants in this neighborhood, but Prospect is the best by far, and one of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fail - Go ElsewhereduviwarriorDined on 1/14/2014The menu in the restaurant is different than that which is displayed online The foie gras is so small that there is really absolutely no need for a knife When choosing a bottle of wine make sure you have a backup - cellar is lacking The oysters are comical - if McDonald served oysters they would be be better. Devoid of taste, small, lacking texture.. Braised ribs seriously taste like my polish mother made them in between preparing tuna-fish sandwiches. Distinctly tasted like Meat + Sauce + Heat = Done. Additionally these were overdone Salt Cod: The worst thing that can happen to a fish dish...it arrived tasting fishy The only redeeming qualities about this place is that the parking was easy at 8 pm & the Butter was tasty Fail - Go Elsewhere
- Near missJMPWDined on 1/10/2014I see what they are trying to achieve but it isn't quite right - more of a close approximation. There is a love that is missing in the food and the prices are not in line with what is being put on the table. I am a food lover and a fan of the Brooklyn food movement and the restaurants that define it -- Roman's, Blanca, Marco's … but this is not it. This is also not some high minded Manhattan style restaurant. I recall reading in a press piece that it was a goal of the owners to bring Manhattan to Brooklyn (why?). The food does not have that bright freshness of a top notch Manhattan or Brooklyn restaurant and the recipes are not fully articulated. The place is attractive and the service is fine -- it's really the food that lacks heart.
- pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2014Location and service are great for performances at BAM. As for the food, the quality was high but the portions were small for the prices charged. Would not return but would seek out other well-located restaurants in the area.
- The next great BROOKLYN restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Awesome location. Dinner was outstanding. Exceptional wine list. Sit at the chefs bar if you get a chance and watch Nathan make some incredible cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small restaurant with big flavorsRyGuyDined on 12/31/2013I've had the opportunity to dine at several finer restaurants in NYC, but Prospect was by and far my favorite. We were fortunate enough to attend an NYE seating at the chef's table overlooking the extremely small (yet efficient) kitchen. We opted for the no frills 4 course tasting menu; the foie gras pate' was smooth, the chilean sea bass tender, the steak medallion perfectly cooked, and the dessert indescribable. The plates were expertly portioned and beautifully plated, always satiating and yet always leaving a desire for one more taste! The bar was well stocked with fine liquors, and the cocktail menu was impressive (and delicious). I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone finding themselves in that particular area of Brooklyn.Special Features:
- Snobby wannabeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013We walked in for our 6:30 reservation to an empty restaurant, and were guided to the drafty table next to the front door. We politely asked to be switched, which, after a little hesitation, they did do. The waiter was snobby about the wine, sneering at my husband's choice, guiding us to a bottle that was almost twice as expensive. The food was fine, but not worth the rest. On the exposed brick wall above my husband's head was a distracting globule of something that looked like it was oozing out of the mortar. We won't be going back.
- Good food & cocktails, Manhattan $BkEaterDined on 12/21/2013Don't let the front of the house get you down, go ahead and splurge at this Fort Greene hotspot. Excellent cocktails and a creative wine list round out round out a foodie experience. But: I never got a confirming call. Fearing our BAM show would run late & wanting to confirm, I called that day. A surly man moved the res back 15 minutes. When we arrived he set a 4-top (we were 2), but we weren't invited to sit. The female host then emerged with an iPad & said we had no res because the wrong # was on file with OpenTable (it isn't-she misdialled) before finally seating us with a snide comment blaming Man#1. The exchange left us feeling unsettled and unwelcome. All else was great, but the front of house needs work, especially at these prices!Special Features:
- Fine dining in Ft. GreeneJackVIPDined on 12/21/2013Despite the great Brooklyn renaissance now occurring, there has been a dearth of good restaurants in the Fort Greene area, which is a shame because some of the great Brooklyn attractions (BAM, Theater for a New Audience etc) are in the neighborhood. Prospect goes a very long way to rectifying that situation. It is a small, casual restaurant with wonderful food and friendly service. Probably the best restaurant in the neighborhood and one of the best in Brooklyn.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/20/2013The food here is really excellent. Pasta with white truffles and seafood cassoulet were specials and they were really wonderful. Service is very good--including a busboy who took it upon himself to bring me an extra candle when he saw I was struggling to see the food on my plate. (Yes, it's ridiculously dark). I will return here again--and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMenoDined on 12/7/2013I found this restaurant through yelp and had never been there before. From the moment I walked in and was helped by the hostess I knew I was going to like this place. They had accommodated a last minute change in my reservation and were so nice. My dinner date was half hour late and still they had a table waiting for us. The bartender made beautiful and tasty drinks and the food was amazing. I would definitely go back to try more of their menu and more of their cocktails. Also, they adhered to all my food allergies. They also do a chef's tasting that I am wanting to try with wine pairings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in BrooklynDavidandDayleVIPDined on 12/6/2013We wanted a decent restaurant walkable to BAM area. We were stunned at how good Prospect is and how it had not come to our attention earlier. Prospect does not have much competition in its area of Brooklyn, but it could easily hold its own and more when compared with pricier counterparts in Manhattan. This place will appeal to foodies and regular diners alike. The butternut squash soup with marshmallows was amazing and the fish entrees were also great. Our LA friends were similarly impressed. The restaurant is not large and, while nicely appointed, is not prepossessing from the outside. We will return here when we go to see something at BAM, Barclay Center, or Polonsky Theatre., and we have already recommended it to friends in Brooklyn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProspectmnbnycVIPDined on 11/24/2013This is a really good place to eat in Fort Greene. The food is interesting, well prepared and tasty. The wine list is a touch on the expensive side but has a good selection. Service is friendly and efficient without being oppressive. I would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prospect is unique: wonderfulTinaVIPDined on 11/20/2013Prospect is unique: wonderful food, relaxed and friendly.Special Features:
- A bit pricey for the 'hood but goodJaPetVIPDined on 11/6/2013Nice place. Food is very very good, albeit slightly overpriced. It's small so prepare to wait or sit at the ample bar or in front of the open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in agesCharlieDined on 11/2/2013This just might be the best meal I've had in the last decade, and the ambience, wine, and service were perfect complements to the food. I live in New Orleans, which has some of the best fine dining on the planet. I've tasted some fierce competition in this regard from the many meals I've had in NYC over the years. Then I ate at Prospect, which topped them all. Now, to say a few words about the everything-else: easy-to-get-to location; charming wait staff; classy and smart renovation of the interior space; relaxing atmosphere with just enough ambient noise to feel like you are dining at "the place to be," which makes sense, because you are. Would've loved to stop in on a Monday for "Bucket Mondays." Next time, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The One to BeatmactheknifeDined on 10/26/2013It never disappoints. Food and service are excellent. Tables are close, but that is forgotten after a glass of one of the wonderful wine samplings. Might I suggest the surrounding competition step up their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing place!dianaDined on 10/22/2013great food:from starters to deserts. recommended to all of my friends and all loved it! will keep coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!foodieDined on 10/20/2013We went for our first wedding anniversary and did the chefs tasting menu. The food was out if this world. The taste, texture, freshness and variety were superb. The service was friendly and very good. They accommodated dietary restrictions with ease. Highly highly recommended.Special Features:
- It used to be betterchiaraVIPDined on 10/18/2013I was really excited to go back to this lovely Fort Green restaurant and I was kind of disappointed. The dishes were not a stunning as they used to be, service was incredibly slow, and portions on the stingy side. Still good but not worth the trip from uptown anymore.
- Great experienceNYvisitorDined on 10/16/2013From the moment you step into this restaurant the staff do all they can to make your experience memorable. A great group of professionals that cater to your needs. The food is outstanding, each dish prepared in a surprising way. My wife and I shared our dishes, from grilled octopus, cooked just right, to Foie Gras - which if you've never had,a Prospect is the place to try. Also loved their spin on Bacon and Eggs - only a true chef could cook an egg with such delicacy and in a way that makes you wonder how it is done. The crispy pork and venison specials were delicious and the pumpkin spice s'more dessert just right. This was my second time dining and the menu felt fresh, it wasn't just a repeat of the first. Also Truffle Fries are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great meal. EveryRobinDined on 10/15/2013We had a great meal. Every dish was wonderful. We will definately return. The service and timing of the food was perfect. The wine, recomended by our waiter, was excellent. The best meal I have ever had in Brooklyn. The special pork dish was so tender and the lobster bisque was outstanding.Special Features: