1025 Prospect St.,Suite 210
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Prospect Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prospectbar.com/
- Phone: 8584548092
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Daily Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Nightly Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jamal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
Let the friendly staff of Prospect Bar & Grill serve you your choice of our expertly-crafted drinks, paired with the signature cuisine that has shaped Southern California's culinary culture. Indulge in our generously portioned appetizers or entrees, and sit back within comfortable view of the ocean vista and famed Prospect Street. Each visit to Prospect Bar & Grill is further complimented by live music during the week.
- King family fun.Kingandqueen1Dined on 6/1/2013My wife and I went to listen to live music and have a few cocktails. That's how our night started. The music was really nice not too loud. And then later the DJ started to play and the party was live. We will return for another fun night , with friends next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and food wasadnerbDined on 5/18/2013Great drinks and food was tasteful. Waiter was attentive and musicians playing during our time there were great.Special Features:
- Drinks & Ambiance. NOT FOR FOODIESOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2013Prime location with a spectacular view in La Jolla. Amazing live music which made all the difference in my rating this place. Our server was kind of ditzy but I can't say she was mean. The stars fall when I get to the food: we ordered 4 things. A bottle of wine (they didn't have the 1st white we requested and there are only 2 bottles of Sauvignon on the menu). Clamari was boring. Steak kabobs were overcooked and flavorless. And the fish tacos were forgettable. We were also overcharged for our bill but we didn't realize until after we left. No big deal, it's not worth going back. Overall this place might be fun for some drinks and tunes but DO NOT EAT HERE IF YOU ARE A FOODIE because you will be very dissapointed. Sorry Prospect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More seasoning please!Che5Dined on 5/11/2013The view from outside dining is awesome and love the live music. The only complain I have was the food I ordered- tequila shrimp taco needs more seasoning. It doesn't really have any taste even with the guacamole and the salsa. The rest of our order though was very good- especially the beef kabobs and the flat iron steak. Overall, I would still go back but not order the shrimp taco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013The service was horrible. Our waitress was slow and never came back to take our dinner order. I guess she assumed we were just having drinks even through we had menus. Food was just ok.
- It's a pity...OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/23/2013The location is terrific. The waitress was lovely. However they appeared to be understaffed in the kitchen and servers. We waited an hour for our appetizer and 45 minutes more for our entree. Although we had a 6:30 reservation at a fire pit table we were really cold 2 hours later waiting for the check. I had to get up and seek out the waitress who had to ask a fellow server to take care of giving us the check. Of course there was no checking back to see if we wanted additional drinks or dessert or coffee. I think it was a lose lose night for all. The restaurant lost money because the waitress was going in so many directions she couldn't attend to us. I only tipped 10 % and that was generous considering the lack of service.Special Features:
- Frito Misto Appetizer advisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2013Frito Misto Appetizer advised calamari & shrimp-only found two (2)shrimp! Also spent a wee bit too long in the deep fat fryer! Calamari was tender however. We had the fish and the Jumbo Shrimp Diablo.If those were "Jumbo" the next step down in size would have been salad shrimp.....Service somewhat slow,not a full house-what's up??Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere.....liveWingoVIPDined on 3/7/2013Loved the atmosphere.....live music was a bonus! Sat outside at one of the fire tables. Had a great meal with the exception of a mix up with the order of one in our party! Otherwise a great time. Food and service were great but especially enjoyed the live music. Will definitely recommend to family and friends. Definitely will return the next time we're in LaJolla too! The Gouda Mac n Cheese was to die for and several in our party had the Buffalo Mac n Cheese and loved it as well!Special Features:
- Food was great, not too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Food was great, not too expensive and the view from the deck is great!Special Features:
- Brannon Ciora and his teamOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013Brannon Ciora and his team have an excellent restaurant which we make sure to visit everytime we're in La Jolla. It has a nice view and very good food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013This restaurant was great. Make reservations because their kitchen closes early. They said that the kitchen was already closed when we arrived (8:30p) and that if we hadn't made a reservation they would no longer have been able to serve us food. The food was tasty, nothing to rave about. The ambiance was great. It was a nice size outdoor patio w/ lots of heat lamps and fire pits on the tables to keep everyone warm on a breezy evening. There was live music which just made our evening. The entertainer was Aquile from The Voice- Team Christina and he was amazing! He's there every Wed. & Sat. night. We had great seats in a booth but it was dark by the time we got there so I assume the partial view of the ocean would have been a bonus.Special Features:
- Great spot to watch the sun go downOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013I would definitely recommend Prospect Bar & Grill. We made reservations on a Saturday night and they reserved our own private fire pit table with a great view of the ocean & sunset. They also had a singer playing guitar which made for great ambiance during our special night out. Thank you Prospect Bar & Grill- we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great location for a first date.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013I went to Prospect bar and grill for a first date. My date, nor myself had ever been there before and i was a little worried that the date could be ruined due to things beyond my control. The staff was courteous and attentive, the food was awesome and surprisingly not as expensive as I was expecting. After a really peaceful and pleasant dinner, my date headed inside to the dance floor. The amount of people on the dance floor was perfect for the night. Not too many people where I was rubbing elbows, but not so little where it felt empty. Overall the date went off great and I'm glad that I chose Prospect bar andd grill for my first date location.Special Features:
- Excellent place to have drinksGiovanniVIPDined on 2/3/2013Excellent place to have drinks with decent menu. I went there to watch the SuperBowl and had plenty of TVs to view. Service was great, food was good, and the view of La Jolla excellent. I have been there several times and will continue going back.Special Features:
- Noboby there! Service wasMelissaVIPDined on 1/24/2013Noboby there! Service was good, guitarist was good but the food was only so-so.Special Features:
- Outdoor music was so loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/20/2013Outdoor music was so loud that conversation was impossible. We moved inside where it was quieter but there wasn't any game on the TV. If there had been we would have eaten elsewhere. Very noisy place.
- From their website it appearedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013From their website it appeared to be a regular restaurant but upon arriving we found it to be a sports bar and not exactly what we thought we'd made reservations for. That said, we did stay and have dinner. The food was good but wouldn't say it was outstanding. The servers were pretty attentive. The noise level was fairly high due to all of the TV's broadcasting an NFL playoff game. I think I counted about 15 TV's in all. Would only recommend this place to someone looking for a sports bar atmosphere.Special Features:
- Loved it here! Not a bad wordOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013Loved it here! Not a bad word about it! Try the dessert!!!Special Features:
- Pleasant enough on a warm evening.ChrissieVIPDined on 10/17/2012In the heart of La Jolla, the patio has a view of the ocean so this is their saving grace. Our waiter was friendly but, duh, only half bright. He admitted to forgetting what I ordered when he reached the kitchen, so he guessed...wrongly. I enjoyed what he chose for me so didn't return it but no apology from him. I was there treating someone with a voucher and liked the food so decided it was no big deal. There was a musician playing guitar and not too loud so that made it a pleasant evening. The inside of the restaurant is not a place I would consider. It looks like a somewhat shabby sports bar.Special Features:
- Found this place by chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Found this place by chance in May and have been back for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Better in the evening forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2012Better in the evening for drinks/dinner/dancing rather than daytime lunch, unless your just going with friends. Music and atmosphere is not great for a business or office lunch, better for personal.Special Features:
- Nice view butmarcVIPDined on 8/16/2012The person singing was not good at all voice was off key. Food came too fast not relaxingSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, with ocean viewsGavinVIPDined on 8/6/2012These guys deserve a lot more credit, the food was superb, the view is spectacular, the service is excellent, and did I mention the food was great ;) Went there for lunch with the wife and kids, sat at one of their booths and looked at the ocean as I ate my fish tacos, the wife had a feta/jalapeno burger, and the kids had pasta and mini burgers. We will definitely be back, their huge outdoor patio has ocean views from all parts, and they had umbrellas set up for some shade too since it was a really hot, but perfect San Diego day.Special Features:
- Ill keep coming back.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2012Great view! Good service and food. Nice bar scene.
- The food was excellent, asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2012The food was excellent, as always. I've never ordered anything here that wasn't absolutely amazing. The service is ok. The staff is friendly, but the service is always a little slow. The past 3 times I've been here and ordered an appetizer, it has either never come at all, or it's come with the entrees. Nonetheless, I would still recommend this place for the great atmosphere and excellent food.Special Features:
- our server and the guy playingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012our server and the guy playing the acoustic guitar that afternoon was great. thanks.Special Features:
- We had dinner there recently.ColumbiaCathyVIPDined on 6/16/2012We had dinner there recently. Very loud music, could hardly hear my husband. My steak was not medium rare, was sent nearly rare! Not sure this is a place if you are over 25. Lots of young girls flirting with the musician.Special Features:
- Neighborhood bar that deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012Neighborhood bar that delivers on the food & service.Special Features:
- I went there on Tuesday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2012I went there on Tuesday night. They had a live music on outside patio. It was really nice. Food was great. Cod was delicious. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Smoked Gouda mac & cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012Smoked Gouda mac & cheese and Buffalo chicken mac & cheese were to die for! The bloody mary was wonderful (made with cucumber vodka with olives, salami & cheese on a pick on top). Ocean view from the patio. Will definitely go back next time I'm in La Jolla.Special Features:
- View was great outside. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012View was great outside. I had the penne pasta with dried tomatoes dish and it was pretty bland.. Hardly any flavor to it other than the 5 or 6 small dried tomatoes in it. Coffe tastes aweful. Server took forever to get drinks, food etc even though he didn't appear all that busy. Wanted a virgin margarita and was brought a real one which I wasn't happy with.. The server didn't seem the listen very well. Overall not a great experience only went because I got a free gift ceificateSpecial Features:
- Went here as it was closeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2012Went here as it was close to where were staying. Made reservations for a fire pit table and arrived and it was not reserved so we had a patio heater to sit under. It was cold and windy outside. Food was okay nothing special. Didn't have the wine that was on the list. They had live entertainment again it was okay
- Good food, great ocean view,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2012Good food, great ocean view, fire pit table was reserved and ready for us when we arrived.Special Features:
- It seemed a little more "Dive-y"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2012It seemed a little more "Dive-y" than I had thought it would be, so I was a little skeptical on what the food would be like and the ambience. But, it was surprisingly good and pretty dead on a Tuesday night (Fat Tuesday to be exact). I had a steak cooked to my liking with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The alcoholic pomegranate was great, too. Not, really a romantic spot but I would recommend giving it a shot.Special Features:
- loved the food! the out doorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2012loved the food! the out door dining is amazing and enjoyed the fire pit tables! I will recommend this restaurant to my friends!Special Features:
- It was slow in there on aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2012It was slow in there on a rainy day. My gf and I were catered to by the bartender. He split out three food items up on separate plates (which he didn't have to do) he was very attentive and the ahi salad was great. The apple mojito is the way to go if your a mojito fan. I stuck with a fat tire which is always good. The view is spectacular and the outside patio seating looks like the hot spot on a nice afternoon.
- My husband and I went to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2012My husband and I went to dinner on a Thursday evening, there was an excellent guitarist playing on the patio but it was cold outside. We had a great (affordable) dinner of fish tacos and margaritas, watched some sports on the numerous TV's and enjoyed visiting with the friendly manager and server. This place must be packed in the summer! Great bar scene, pool table and fun atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- We went for happy hour onOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2012We went for happy hour on a weekday night. Place was almost empty and the service was incredibly slow though servers were friendly. Took forever to get our food. Food was tasty though not so cheap for a happy hour. I'd try the place again - see if they are faster! It's in a great location.Special Features: