710 North Wells Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prosecco.us.com/
- Phone: 3129519500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Sat: 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm starting May 15th, 2008.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark Sparacino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Prosecco looks forward to bringing upscale catering to your private home or venue! The talented Chefs do it all -- from antipasti to hand-finished pasta dishes and the most succulent meat, game and fish from all regions of Italy -- from Piemonte's famous white truffles to the game dishes of Toscana and the freshest of fish from Sicilia. The catering philosophy is simple, to make you a pampered "Guest" at your own private event! Prosecco will bring the finest dishware, flatware and glassware, plus fabulous table linens, to turn your event into a Venetian "Ballo in Maschera".
- Cross Street: Huron & Superior
- Public Transit: Prosecco is located within less than a block from several major transit stops, including a bus line that runs almost to the door! Visit the Chicago Transit Authority online to find the many train and bus lines that will bring you here!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: In addition to valet parking at the front door, Prosecco is also situated within less than a block of several major public parking lots, including one directly across the street!
A word from Prosecco
Prosecco, in the heart of the River North Gallery District, is a chic, yet welcoming restaurant serving comfort foods from all 20 regions of Italy and Chicago's largest selection of sparkling wine. The decor, inspired by the faded, gilded beauty of Venice, is filled with silk damask drapes, carved wood chandeliers and gold-framed artwork. The coup de grace is the 35' long bar, hand burnished to resemble a piece of antique Venetian furniture. The bar serves Italian finger food and offers a wide selection of European spirits. Enjoy classic comfort foods -- from house-made pasta to nightly beef, fish and game menu additions. Dine with the Chef at the Carpaccio bar, where a selection of fresh cured and smoked meats and the freshest fish, are sliced nightly. Prices are moderate, but those wishing to indulge in an evening of culinary mischief will not be disappointed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prosecco reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (71)special occasion (59)notable wine list (53)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Italian gem.KatieMarie1488VIPDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Prosecco several times now and am never disappointed with the food or service. The pork chops and all pasta dishes are incredible, and they have an extensive wine selection. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Prosecco was amazing, the food, the service and atmosphere was superb for a romantic dinner with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeUpstairsLocalDined on 8/29/2014Took my parents out for dinner and we were pleased with the service as well as the food that was served. It had a great atmosphere and the interiors of the restaurant were very artistic and well-done. I had the lamb which I thought was one of the best I've had in a while. Would definitely recommend to people looking to have a nice Italian dinner.Special Features:
- Repeat trips desiredCjnothDined on 8/29/2014We found this gem our last trip and I am sure it will be a dining experience each time we go to Chicago.Special Features:
- I'd give it six stars if I coulddadwritesVIPDined on 8/28/2014My average rating on OT is around a 3, which makes me a tougher audience than most. So trust me that Prosecco is exceptional in its quality of food, ambiance and service. When we have someone special to entertain, including ourselves, this is the place that never fails. On our last visit, our friends ordered a bottle of wine that turned out to have turned. The waiter brought a second bottle of a similar vintage, but it was not to our guests' liking. The third bottle also had deteriorated during storage, so they brought us a fourth, which was excellent. Through it all, there was no resistance from the waiter or managers and we received consistent reassurance about their commitment to our enjoyment. Rare and remarkable. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prosecco isn't just a GrapeFooddocVIPDined on 8/27/2014As soon as you are seated, you are given a taste of...Prosecco!! There are 6 on the menu! The setting is classic, traditional, and warm. The server, Sam was one of a team who were professional yet charming. He actually steered us to a less expensive wine than what we had chosen!! The menu was extensive and interesting; for starters, I had a duck carpaccio that was fantastic, almost big enough for an entree, and my wife had a saudage and bean soup that was so flavorful and delicious. Her entree was escolar (mahi-like fish), and I had a shrimp risotto plate that provided me a future lunch as well. Both were amazing.The prices are moderately high, but well worth it. We will definitely come back and bring others!Special Features:
- Will be around for a whileMDC17VIPDined on 8/27/2014One of the best Italian places in Chicago. The flavors were amazing whether we were eating pasta or calamari. Great wine list. Going back ASAP.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Dinner was stretched out longer than I like. Only complaintSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Italian DiningFoodloverDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food. Great ambience. Expert waitstaff. Free glass of Proseco to get you in the mood. It is truly a consistently excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, bad service.ImissdessertVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had been to Prosecco before, loved everything about it, and were so excited to go back. The food was incredible, as always, but the service and the pacing of the meal was totally inappropriate. Usually, we love to order dessert and after dinner drinks, digestifs, coffee, etc., however, the amount of time between when our last plates were taken off the table, and the server returning, was unbelievable. We waited 15-20 minutes with an empty table, empty water glasses, and empty wine glasses before being approached again. Clearly, we decided to skip our favorite course, and the restaurant lost $50 or more from our bill that would have been added from the course, and the server that extra $10 he could have been tipped. Still LOVE the food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Foodie99Dined on 8/22/2014We live a couple blocks from prosecco so decided to give it a try. Boy were we surprised! The best Italian food we've had in the city so far. The server was outstanding and everything we ate was fresh and full of flavor. A must try in river north.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!ConnieDined on 8/22/2014Since Prosecco is our new favorite bubbly, we had to try this place on our visit to Chicago this week. The food was wonderful, our server was delightful, quickly getting the answers to any questions if she didn't know them. Although this was her first day, she was very professional and friendly. I had never tasted squash blossoms and was very pleased with the dish. The veal saltimbocca was terrific, my sister's scallops were perfect and in a heavenly sauce. Also, the complimentary taste of Prosecco was a very nice touch. We will definitely return the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- unexpected findoutoftownerVIPDined on 8/19/2014this was close and convenient to work and the right price. I was surprised at the level of food quality and that I really hadn't heard much about this place. The server was extremely knowledgeable, the pasta cooked perfect, the atmosphere simply elegant and the noise level very low. It was a great place to take people have a great meal and actually hear each other talk right downtown.Special Features:
- lucky find!JSE1Dined on 8/16/2014My favorite cocktail in the summer time is a light Prosecco, so why not try a restaurant named of the sparkling drink. We sat immediately, to be served a quick taste of their namesake, then between the menu and specials there was to much to chose. Amazing food, really good service and lovely atmosphere - cant wait to go back soon!Special Features:
- Always deliversWeddingReceptionDined on 8/16/2014We have been coming to Prosecco for over 3 years and never disappointed- appreciate being recognized as 'returning' customers- ambiance and service is great, really good wine list. We will continue to return even though we enjoy 'new' restaurants, but Prosecco has 'earned' our loyalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time. AwesomeWoodydinesDined on 8/15/2014loved the private room. Food was great, service excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Love ProseccoDoctoronBusinessDined on 8/12/2014I have the pleasure of coming to Chicago about once a year for business. We have had Prosecco on our definite dinnner plans for many years and it continues to deliver on food, service and wine. For special occasions, this is my go to restaurant. Love this place......Special Features:
- New favorite Italian restaurant!BeedollyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything was just perfect. Our server Andrew was phenomenal and every single dish (escargot, buratta tomato appetizer,salads lamb chops veal saltimbocca and sausage rigatoni) was outstanding. The portion sizes were perfect. We will definitely return and ask for Andrew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good -- not great.GoodFoodGoodWineVIPDined on 8/5/2014*Our party of 4 was greeted and seated at a window table -- very nice. *The complimentary taste of Prosecco very nice as well. * Avocado seafood salad was tasty but lacked seafood. * Pasta dish was tasty and filling. Everyone seemed to enjoy their entrees. * Waitress lacked personality and deterred from our enjoyment of the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess Pushes too hard to sit downPaulDined on 8/2/2014This was my second time here. I was hoping the first time was an anomaly. But both times I encountered the hostess pushing hard to seat us....even when we came early, and wanted to enjoy a drink at the bar. Rubbed the wrong way twice... and it wasn't at all crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeNSfoodieDined on 8/2/2014We met out of town friends here for dinner. It was a slow weekend for restaurants; everyone was at lalaopoloza. We got to sit in the front window with a great view. The ambiance is romantic and clean. The waiter was great: never forced his way in or interrupted. He never missed a beat. Kept our glasses full, served the food timely, and cleared the plates quickly. Food was great. I had the avocado appetizer, which was great. The scallops dinner were really a hit; cooked perfectly and served with a delicious sauce. Friends ordered a pasta special with bow tie noodles and a saffron sauce that was incredibly good. The gorgonzola gnocchi was good, but heavy. Couldn't eat but half the plate. Everyone had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent food with good variety. Exceptional service from knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and RomanticThatItalianMan23Dined on 7/31/2014The food is great and the restaurant is definitely fancy and romantic. It is definitely great for brunch and special occasion dinners. The quantity of food does not justify the price that well, if a soup or salad was included, the quantity would be perfect. Long, descriptive, and amazing wine list and the service was tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pro-ProseccoOvercookedDined on 7/25/2014A consistently awesome experience. Food is great as is the service, in a beautiful setting. This is a well managed restaurant that strives to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLolaDined on 7/23/2014Went to Prosecco with a group of 6 and had a great experience. We ordered a bunch of things to share and each was better than the last. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2014Was not impressed with the taste of the food at all. Small portions would lend itself to bigger taste but thats not the case. The restaurant did have a nice atmosphere where a few business meetings and dates were going on. Just not the best place in Chicago to get good in my opinion
- A toastPatmcDined on 7/12/2014Lift your proseco with me to PROSECO, a delightful Italian restaurant on N. Wells. After being greeted with a flute of proseco, our service was impeccable and fast (too fast once as I was lifting my expresso..and it was in the way of the arriving dessert). The 3 of us loved our supper to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant is warm and lit beautifully. The menu is diverse with several specials, but not overwhelming with specials. My scallops were still swimming in the chef's sauce and the saltimbocca was jumping and was perfectly tender. Great dolci too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Terrific EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We met our friends of over 40 years at your restaurant on Saturday..Needless to say, knowing each other so long, we have experimented with many Chicago restaurants. Prosecco was a wonderful experience! The food way wonderful and the staff was very helpful, friendly and informed!! We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantLouiseVIPDined on 7/11/2014We try to have dinner here when in Chicago - the service is great and the food is consistently good. I highly recommend the snails, any of the pasta dishes, and they have a great wine list. Very nice atmosphere and great location, as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/20146:30pm Friday night and the noise level already made conversation difficult. Within an hour conversation was reduced to screaming or hand signals. Dining outdoors, albeit on a reasonably busy street, may be the solution. Unfortunately, rain was in the forecast on the night we were there, foreclosing that option. Entrees were a mild, dense white-fleshed fish and seafood risotto, both of which were properly prepared and served. Side dishes were equally well received. Prosecco pours a 1/2 glass of house-Prosecco upon seating! It's a tad sweet, but cost-free. Having dined at this location on several occasions I feel comfortable claiming you will find a near perfect meal. The sole liability is the noise level.
- dinner with friendsjsmithDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner here with a friend and our 12 year old granddaughter. Our wait person was amazing. She brought ginger ale for our granddaughter in lieu of the prosecco - very nice touch! She had good suggestions and we were served promptly. All in all very nice evening.Special Features:
- An Exceptional PlaceThomAndDennisVIPDined on 7/1/2014Phenomenal lunch experience. Took a friend for their birthday and it was great. The mozzarella cheese is so fresh it melts in your mouth and their home made pasta is exquisite. We had a leisurely 2 hour lunch and we were extremely satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOWKEYLOWKEYVIPDined on 6/28/2014I don't know if the restaurant is "GREAT" for outdoor dining but, would have preferred that choice...We had rain so everyone was inside. Hopefully, the weather also explains the 40 minute wait for an 8PM reservation.. The food was less than memorable...Special Features:
- AWFUL service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014Our waiter last night, Greg, could not have been worse if he tried. Our table of two was sandwiched in between two tables of four. My wife and I just wanted to have a nice dinner, no apps, no wine, etc. I don't know if it was because he knew our bill would be small compared to the tables next to us, but he BLATANTLY gave them much better service. He thoroughly explained the dessert menu to them versus a "here you go" to us. He brought each of their bills to them before ours (despite us ordering first and, clearly, being done first). Not to mention we waited a LONG time to even see him in the first place. Poor job, Greg We had fond memories of Prosecco from our first visit. We left feeling really disappointed after this one though.
- good but not greatZionsvilleFoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014The menu at Prosecco had great promise and it is well balanced and authentic. The burrata was terrific and well done as a first course. The pasta that I had for the main had shrimp, but it was unremarkable enough that I forgot the rest. The good news is that they had a bottle of 2007 Brunello di Montalcino, Frattoria dei Barbi which was extraordinary. The service was acceptable but I think we saw at least 5 different servers appear at our table during dinner each with their own very specific and finite role which does not really lend itself to the management of a dinner experience specific to the customer.Special Features:
- Amazing food!JossDined on 6/19/2014This place is a bit hidden off of Wells St, but offers great Italian cuisine. Not the huge portions and heavy Italian food though - more like a fine dining experience. Wait staff is very knowledgeable and offers great suggestions. Have never had a bad meal here! You are served a complimentary glass of Prosecco upon arrival which is a nice touch. Good date night spot or place for groups. Really nice private dining options as well.Special Features:
- Tired and slow restaurantTravelerReviewVIPDined on 6/17/2014I started with the Avocado salad, a half avocado scooped out with scallion, lobster and prawns mixed together and a sweet balsamic glaze mixed in. Fresh basil and micro greens topped the dish. The flavors were fresh and perfect for summer. Unique, the salad could have been served on the plate and not in the scooped out avocado shell. The cavatelli was my main course. Fresh, handmade ricotta cavatelli with good sized grilled shrimp swimming in the bowl. Shaved asparagus were buried underneath it all. A few tomatoes were thrown in, almost as an after thought, many more would have been excellent. A 2010 Pinot Nero from Avinolli, Italy was good, not great. For $18 a glass, I expected more. Service was a little slow.
- Keep coming back!SandstoneDined on 6/17/2014If you want a restaurant with elegance, outstanding service and superb food then Prosecco is a must. Located in the city but not in the hub - Prosecco does not have the ostentatious pretensions that attract the flighty. Instead it's clientele is discerning and confident that the service and food will always meet expectations. Thus allowing them to enjoy the company and conversation with the people they are with - instead of fretting about the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is "just ok". While it has a pleasant decor and nice outside seating the food is just ok and the service very poor. Even though I had a reservation we were kept waiting 15 mins for a table although there were multiple free tables when we arrived. Secondly the waiter we had didnt explain the two menus we were given. We had to ask him what was the difference between the two. We then had to ask him what the specials were. He seemed to just want to take our order even though he hadnt explained the menus. Then when he came back to take our order we had to ask him if we could see the wine list. He was so disinterested in serving us we considered leaving the restaurant. The wine we ordered was poor. We didnt finish it.
- not a good nightmischaDined on 6/14/2014The place is attractive with decent ambiance. We were seated near a table of 2 couples and one of the ladies proceeded to talk and cackle loudly all night...not proseccos problem but annoying to us. The food was mediocre and very late coming out. My entree a marlin special of the night was a tough chewy mess. They took it off the bill and provided a complimentary dessert. The server was very attentive but our overall experience was not good.