710 North Wells Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prosecco.us.com/
- Phone: 3129519500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Sat: 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm starting May 15th, 2008.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark Sparacino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Prosecco looks forward to bringing upscale catering to your private home or venue! The talented Chefs do it all -- from antipasti to hand-finished pasta dishes and the most succulent meat, game and fish from all regions of Italy -- from Piemonte's famous white truffles to the game dishes of Toscana and the freshest of fish from Sicilia. The catering philosophy is simple, to make you a pampered "Guest" at your own private event! Prosecco will bring the finest dishware, flatware and glassware, plus fabulous table linens, to turn your event into a Venetian "Ballo in Maschera".
- Cross Street: Huron & Superior
- Public Transit: Prosecco is located within less than a block from several major transit stops, including a bus line that runs almost to the door! Visit the Chicago Transit Authority online to find the many train and bus lines that will bring you here!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: In addition to valet parking at the front door, Prosecco is also situated within less than a block of several major public parking lots, including one directly across the street!
A word from Prosecco
Prosecco, in the heart of the River North Gallery District, is a chic, yet welcoming restaurant serving comfort foods from all 20 regions of Italy and Chicago's largest selection of sparkling wine. The decor, inspired by the faded, gilded beauty of Venice, is filled with silk damask drapes, carved wood chandeliers and gold-framed artwork. The coup de grace is the 35' long bar, hand burnished to resemble a piece of antique Venetian furniture. The bar serves Italian finger food and offers a wide selection of European spirits. Enjoy classic comfort foods -- from house-made pasta to nightly beef, fish and game menu additions. Dine with the Chef at the Carpaccio bar, where a selection of fresh cured and smoked meats and the freshest fish, are sliced nightly. Prices are moderate, but those wishing to indulge in an evening of culinary mischief will not be disappointed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Prosecco - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Prosecco reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (90)special occasion (72)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We had a great time-the sileatibg was a little tight, but the staff did he best to arrange more room. Staff was knowledgeable of the wine list and made nice recommendations !! We really enjoyed the scallops-also the heirloom tomato caprese was outstanding! Would love to return and recommend to friends 😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for truffle lovers.FrequentDynerVIPDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I shared an appetizer, had two half-plates of pasta dishes, and shared a double-cut pork chop entree. Plenty of food. The truffle pasta dish was heavenly. Everything was made to order except the pork which as cooked beyond medium, but still very tasty.Special Features:
- Great Food But Very NoisyACC2047Dined on 10/18/2014We went on a Saturday & it was crowded and noisy. When they sat us, we were offered a comp half glass of Mionetto Processo. The bread was wonderful & crusty; bruscetta topping bland - cheese & oil or butter would be better,. Two appetizers - grilled baby calamari & the meat/cheese platter. We then shared a salad & risotto with meat. My date liked everything. I enjoyed the meal & we'd go back just not on a Saturday night. We could not hold a conversation. Comped wine again because entree was delayed because Processo was so busy. The baby calamari was a little dry & not flavorful; lemon wedges made it acceptable. Meat platter and risotto fantastic! Service attentive without hovering. Took home half the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good but noisyDCRDaveVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was good, not excellent. The restaurant was extremely noisy, which surprised me. It was hard to hold conversation. The waitress was nice but seemed pretty green and was frequently pretty slow to serve us,.
- Classic ItalianMkcmVIPDined on 10/17/2014A Classic Italian restaurant with white linen table clothes and excellent service. The food was excellant. The room was crowded and loud.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianGirlRunningTallDined on 10/11/2014I am a huge fan of Prosecco. I make a point to eat here each time I'm in the city and it is my good-luck-charm-meal before the Chicago Marathon every year. The service is smooth and effortless. The food is delicious. I could go on and on but I'll let my repeat business speak for itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW - amazing!CdixonVIPDined on 10/11/2014Everything on the menu is thoughtful and delish!! You can get half orders of all of the pasta to share - which allowed my party the ability to do lots of great tastings. The complimentary glass of prosecco was so lovely and started our festive birthday celebration. Great service and good wine list. You have to order the scallops in vanilla sauce - heavenly and my taste buds did a huge happy dance!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014The octopus appetizer wasn't our favorite, but the scallops with vanilla cream sauce were amazing! The wines all seemed a little overpriced. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and offered great suggestions.Special Features:
- Excellent Nightmpc3fDined on 10/7/2014So here's my breakdown - Overall 4 out of 5 - Will return on special occasions. Food: 4 out of 5 - Tough lamb and high sauce-to-pasta ratio brings the food rating down one notch. Service: 4 out of 5 - the waiter (Sam) was excellent (5/5), but the support staff brought it down a notch... I was asked 3 times (by the same gentleman) if I wanted my espresso (after clearly indicating I would have it AFTER the dessert was finished). Value: 3 out of 5 - this place is not cheap. 1 Appetizer, 1 'primo', 2 entrees, 1 dessert (comped because it was our anniversary), 1 espresso, and 2 glasses of wine - $167 (i.e., over $100 per person with gratuity). Granted, it was a larger-than-typical meal, but even for the quantity, it's still steep.Special Features:
- Magnifico for a romantic dinnerMrPantsDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I dined here on 10/6/2014. The ambiance is lovely. Comforting yet classy and quite romantic indeed. Being at street level provides a touch of that quintessential Chicago energy, but not at the frenetic level of the middle of downtown. The host and waitstaff were exceptionally warm and did a good job of informing us about the menu. The food was outstanding. I had the avocado salad and rack of lamb, and my wife had a steak with grilled zucchini etc. All was flavorful and well executed, refined but with a rustic/traditional slant - fine dining, but familiar. I have to mention the avocado salad again...it was bright yet luscious and very memorable! The lemon sorbeto was more refreshing and smoother than I've had elsewhere.Special Features:
- One of the best places in townpnt225VIPDined on 10/6/2014I eat at Prosecco regularly. I host business dinners there (request table #50). My family and friends also enjoy it greatly. It is perfect for every occasion.Special Features:
- Love itTjn75Dined on 10/3/2014Nice bar area friendly servers great food what more could you want!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnDined on 10/3/2014Excellent...will definitely go back! The service was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- I love this restaurantrdcap98Dined on 9/29/2014Found this restaurant a few years back when visiting Chicago. I just love this place - from the glass of Prosecco upon arrival to the amazing food. Everything I've had is terrific. The waiter was attentive and gave us great recommendations. I enjoyed dinner very much and cannot wait to come back and visit again.Special Features:
- 2.5 Hours for the entreesBrandDined on 9/27/2014Besides the server being unable to listen or answer questions, the kitchen took just over 2.5 hours to prepare our entrees. If the food had been spectacular, the wait could have been overlooked, but the quality wasn't worth the price or the wait. Additionally, the chef repeatedly shouted to his wait staff from across the restaurant which was very disruptive to conversation and unprofessional.
- Great experienceTDF2Dined on 9/27/2014Food was awsome and the scenery was great. The waiter was enthusiastic and outgoing but took a while for him to get to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodWinedudeVIPDined on 9/27/2014One of the more elegant Italian spots in Chicago. We have been here several times and it is consistently good. Service is good, but I just wish that the bus boys would learn to not pick up dirty utensils separately from the dishes. Just pick up the dirty dishes with the utensils on them and then separate them away from the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnValpo4Dined on 9/25/2014First time visit. Food was beyond good. Ambiance was welcoming and warm. Service was fantastic without being overbearing. Highly recommend. We will be back, probably again and again.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for a special occasionGoodFoodLoverDined on 9/24/2014Elegant surroundings/decor. Gentlemen who waited on the tables were very attentive & friendly. The burrata (imported creamy mozzarella) with pears in a reduced port wine sauce was beautifully presented & cheese was unique- so creamy and rich. The ORECCHIETTE TARTUFATE was delicious- a half order was plenty. A few things didn't add to the experience however. The flowers in the vase had cloudy water, so they need to make sure to change-out the water if necessary, so it doesn't appear stagnant. Another thing that looked bad, was one of the staff (not saying who), sipping a huge glass of red wine while on the job. That is not professional. Overall enjoyed Prosecco- it would be a good location for a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Great diningFoodiliciousDined on 9/20/2014Very nice restaurant with outstanding service and great food. Good regional wine list options. Nice touch opening with glass of Prosecco for patrons. The steak was better than most Chicago steak houses I have been to. And that's almost all of them. Great pasta with shrimp and and risotto. Very attentive and unhurried service. Louder in the back room. Would prefer the front room the next time. Definitely among the best white table cloth Italian restaurants in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very, very good!Chicago2VIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a great restaurant away from Michigan Ave. The food is very, very good and our service was impeccable. Their wine list is extensive and the welcome taste of prosecco wine was a perfect start to the evening. The avocado salad with lobster and shrimp is outstanding. The lamb was out of this world and my wife loved her eggplant dish. The desert menu changes daily and offered a number of outstanding choices. A wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/20/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and felt like we were sent to the back room too close to the table next to us. The ambiance in the front of the restaurant seemed better and there were open tables there. We were by the kitchen and heard the chef correcting his wait staff. Our waitress was frumpy and not interested in us at all. She was going through the motions. Food was good.Special Features:
- AMAZING outside lunch dininggreatChicagodiningDined on 9/19/2014We had a lunch party of 7 and it was phenomenal! Service was OUTSTANDING! The ambiance Prosecco has created for their outside dining area is amazing! So comfortable and relaxing! The food was beyond amazing! The Chef, Marko Sparacino, actually came out to see how we were enjoying our experience, which made it even more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friends!!!MolldollDined on 9/17/2014We were celebrating with friends and had a terrific experience. Service was great and the food was awesome, especially the burrata and figs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place for PleasantriesKarencitaDined on 9/16/2014It was a perfect pick to meet with an out-of-town friend for conversation, good and plentiful food with just the perfect ambiance ( not too noisy, not too quiet : a hard combination to achieve). My risotto was great and filling (had to take 1/2 home). the menu offered much variety, even for my gluten-challenged friend. Attractive setting, available parking in the neighborhood, very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Chef's Table was greatRediobagDined on 9/13/2014We were seated at the chef's table. It was fun watching all the activities and talking to the chef about different dishes and what he recommends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SaltimboccaHeleneMVIPDined on 9/11/2014What a find....best Italian food we have had since being in Italy. The Saltimbocca and Orecchiette Tartufate were outstanding...the black truffle cream was fragrant and delicious. Only wish Prosecco had a restaurant in Indy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time a charmFoodloverDined on 9/9/2014We've fallen in love with Prosecco as our 1st choice for wonderful dining in our neighborhood. We tried the outdoor dining for the first time and enjoyed it thoroughly. The food was outstanding, as expected and we were able to enjoy what we imagine will be our last time outside until next year.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatScotVIPDined on 9/8/2014We love coming here for special events. The food is consistently great (the gnocchi gorgonzola is one of the best dishes in Chicago), and we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Classy ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Our experience at Prosecco was beyond words. We shared the crab cakes and the orecchiette. Then my companion had tuna and I had salmon. Everything was most imaginatively prepared. We felt we had hit a culinary goldmine and indeed, it was one of the highlights of our 3-day trip to Chicago. We had a very personable and extremely attentive waiter who was most helpful in advising us on what to choose. He even treated us to a glass each of Serena at the end of the meal. We developed quite a rapport with him since he and I are both professional musicians and I promised him we'd be back when we return to Chicago in December and I meant it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem.KatieMarie1488VIPDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Prosecco several times now and am never disappointed with the food or service. The pork chops and all pasta dishes are incredible, and they have an extensive wine selection. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Prosecco was amazing, the food, the service and atmosphere was superb for a romantic dinner with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeUpstairsLocalDined on 8/29/2014Took my parents out for dinner and we were pleased with the service as well as the food that was served. It had a great atmosphere and the interiors of the restaurant were very artistic and well-done. I had the lamb which I thought was one of the best I've had in a while. Would definitely recommend to people looking to have a nice Italian dinner.Special Features:
- Repeat trips desiredCjnothDined on 8/29/2014We found this gem our last trip and I am sure it will be a dining experience each time we go to Chicago.Special Features:
- I'd give it six stars if I coulddadwritesVIPDined on 8/28/2014My average rating on OT is around a 3, which makes me a tougher audience than most. So trust me that Prosecco is exceptional in its quality of food, ambiance and service. When we have someone special to entertain, including ourselves, this is the place that never fails. On our last visit, our friends ordered a bottle of wine that turned out to have turned. The waiter brought a second bottle of a similar vintage, but it was not to our guests' liking. The third bottle also had deteriorated during storage, so they brought us a fourth, which was excellent. Through it all, there was no resistance from the waiter or managers and we received consistent reassurance about their commitment to our enjoyment. Rare and remarkable. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prosecco isn't just a GrapeFooddocVIPDined on 8/27/2014As soon as you are seated, you are given a taste of...Prosecco!! There are 6 on the menu! The setting is classic, traditional, and warm. The server, Sam was one of a team who were professional yet charming. He actually steered us to a less expensive wine than what we had chosen!! The menu was extensive and interesting; for starters, I had a duck carpaccio that was fantastic, almost big enough for an entree, and my wife had a saudage and bean soup that was so flavorful and delicious. Her entree was escolar (mahi-like fish), and I had a shrimp risotto plate that provided me a future lunch as well. Both were amazing.The prices are moderately high, but well worth it. We will definitely come back and bring others!Special Features:
- Will be around for a whileMDC17VIPDined on 8/27/2014One of the best Italian places in Chicago. The flavors were amazing whether we were eating pasta or calamari. Great wine list. Going back ASAP.Special Features:
- Serious and deliciousdocVQVIPDined on 8/26/2014Just having been to a higher praised Italian restaurant, we weren't sure about this one. However, we found the food much more delicious and of higher quality, and the wine list was superb as well, at Prosecco. We prefer a more casual environment than Prosecco's elegant and serious Italianate style. However, many will find the ambience fitting for very classy and special events. We were celebrating our Anniversary and the staff treated us superbly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Dinner was stretched out longer than I like. Only complaintSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Italian DiningFoodloverDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food. Great ambience. Expert waitstaff. Free glass of Proseco to get you in the mood. It is truly a consistently excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.