Proof & Pantry
1722 Routh Street
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $30 and under
Proof & Pantry
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.proofandpantry.com/
- Phone: (214) 880-9940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tues - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Tues - Sun: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle McCelland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a intimate private dining room with one large farm table. The chef can accomadate all dietary needs or restrictions. There is a large fully integrated television for hosting presentations or watching your favorite sports team. Please contact for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Hall x
A word from Proof & Pantry
Proof + Pantry is a multi-faceted progressive American Bar/ Restaurant offering both simplicity and sophistication. Focused on serving clean flavors and impeccably sourced ingredients, drawing insight from seasonality and global cuisine. The drinks will include a collection of carefully selected spirits and wine that reflect dedication to quality, diversity and originality. Our atmosphere is interactive and engaging. The design is influenced by that of an industrial rustic pantry lined with shelving, rusted metals, distressed wood accents, and tile. It is designed to be comfortable and warm. A place where guests never have to think twice when asked if they’d like to go, built on staples and revolving specials which keep guests returning multiple times per week/month. We strive to offer excellent service built on consistency of experience and product. Proof and Pantry is operated by Misery Loves Company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Proof & Pantry - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Proof & Pantry reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (24)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (19)good for groups (17)notable wine list (14)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)scenic view (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Proof and Pantry ROCKS!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/25/2014What a great experience! We went on a Tuesday night, and the restaurant was full. The waiter could not have been more attentive, and there were no slip ups which is rare given that we were a noisy and indecisive party of 7. The food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality everything!jazzydinerDined on 11/25/2014We have dined here a few times...everything was so good it prompted us to book P&P for my husband's 50th birthday. The food is amazing, the drinks are tasty and creative, the ambience is city cool but also cozy, and this allows the top-notch, attentive service to really get to know you. You feel special as a result. Can't say enough!!👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2014This is a great new spot in one arts plaza! While it's a little loud, it appeared to be great for groups or small parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!PopsDined on 11/20/2014This restaurant was truly a dining experience and highly recommended. The settinh has a vibrant feel to it as soon as you walk through the front door. The appetizers and main courses were healthy, well prepared and plentiful portions. If you are looking for a business dinner to impress a client this place gets 5+ stars in my book!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PopsDined on 11/19/2014OUTSTANDING in Dallas.... another new spot with fresh food, great taste, and outstanding service. The appetizers were absolutely fabulous and the portions for the entree were big enough to take some home... too full to hit the dessert menu but will try next time (soon). A great new fresh concept with great service!!! Congrats on opening in Big D!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to love itAnnaKVIPDined on 11/18/2014I was really hoping this was going to be one of my favorite new restaurants as I want it to succeed, especially given the location. Unfortunately, I'll be hard pressed to return as I went on a Tuesday night before a show with a friend, and we arrived at 6:30pm to a crowd that was less than 1/3 full, and did not receive our dinner order until 7:45pm. We had one appetizer and two small dishes, both relatively simple (pasta and scallops). We had informed our waitress up front we were on a bit of a time crunch as our show started at 8pm. We ended up late for our show. Even if we didn't need to be somewhere by a specific time, it shouldn't have taken that long for what we ordered to come out when the restaurant wasn't even half full. The quality of food was very good, but I'm not sure I will return until they have smoothed out their service issues.
- The food was great but the service..not so muchloophouseDined on 11/18/2014Our tiny iced teas were only filled up twice throughout the entire meal and service was super slow. Also, the waiter had such a strong accent we could not understand him. I would reccomend to a friend with warnings but I will not take a client back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New hot establishment in One ArtsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/1/2014Where do I begin? Great food, knowledgable staff, great drinks, and cool ambience. I love their whole fish, baked oysters, ribeye, and lobster pasta. Will be definitely coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie HeavenMBODDined on 10/28/2014Small selective menu but very tasty overall. Portions are small for price but it is a foodie restaurant so it makes sense. Overall enjoyed our time, the service staff were good.Special Features:
- InnovativeDallasfoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014On the way to the Opera, we stopped by Proof & Pantry for dinner, and we were pleasantly surprised! Food was creative and delicious! Drinks were great too! Highly recommend for foodies!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2014Way too loud! Burrata appetizer was horrible, terrible suggestion. Fish special was ridiculous for the price. On a brighter note, the Hamachi Crudo was excellent and the lobster pasta was passable. Wines by the glass could use some sprucing up.
- Proof of...PocketbookFineWineDined on 10/22/2014The restaurant itself was good, eclectic and classy. The prices for the specials weren't offered upfront so when we got our bill we were a bit surprised as it was far too expensive for the portion sizes we were given. There is definitely a way to enjoy an affordable, good, fun evening there - just be wise about your choices (as there's not too much to choose from). They also only have cauliflower or beets as their vegetables, it'd be nice to have something green.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High hopes... then let downNeilAdamMcGinnisVIPDined on 10/17/2014Sweetbread nuggets- 2/5 (WAY overcooked) Bone marrow- 5/5 (creative and tasty i must give credit where it's due, this is good) Beets- 3/5 (a little boring) Cocktails- 3/5 (not bad) Atmosphere- 5/5 (beautiful environment outside at night) Service- 3/5 (i had to wait 20 minutes even though i had a reservation just because they did not check properly) Overall my experience was not very good since food is the most important element to me. I have heard some of their other food, like the burger, was good but I cannot attest to this since i have not tried. I can only go on what I have tried and only the bone marrow is worthy of being on a menu, let alone for the prices they are charging. Better food at Meddlesome Moth and much cheaper!
- Michael Martensen & CompanyMustSeeVIPDined on 10/11/2014If you're a fan of Michael Martensen and his merry band of Bartenders and Culinary Staff, you'll enjoy Proof + Pantry. Conveniently located in the Theater District of Dallas, Martensen and his Team prove they've nailed the Recipe when it comes to "Hot Spots" of the Dallas Cocktail and Culinary Scene. A nice mix of Comfort Food with a Twist, in portions large enough to share with your Table Mates. If you thought Cedar Social and Bar Smyth were awesome, you'll love what they've done at Proof + Pantry.Special Features:
- The Bad and the GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014The Bad: Menu was confusing. No salads. Party of six. Guys all ordered the Pork Chop and theirs were brought out at least what felt like five or ten minutes before the fish two of the girls ordered. Not much flexibility on ordering. The Good: Food was delicious! Very artistic presentation of all foods. Incredibly nice Host/Partner. Would definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menunicknameVIPDined on 10/4/2014Love the simplicity of the menu. yet the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed...(meh for the price)GigiVIPDined on 10/1/2014Menu is very slim. They offered categories of land, sea, and earth. Then only 3-4 options for each category (example: "Earth" had 3 choices, radishes, beets, or cauliflower - that's it!!! Not a single green option???) They also offered a "bulk" option for sharing at the table but those were $75 - $125. My friend and I came here for a quick bite before a show at the Winspear. She didn't like the menu and thought, well, I'll just have a house salad. Nope, they don't even offer a salad! I personally am very into local, creative food and that is what this is but honestly nothing seemed that appetizing. We had the pasta with lobster - good but not $40 for the entree good!!! The price point needs to be at least $$$ (listed at $$).Special Features:
- Better places to spend your moneydallaseater81Dined on 9/27/2014For what ended up being a $600 dinner for 4 people (including 2 bottles of wine, no dessert), we were left thoroughly unimpressed. They ended up being out of two items after we had ordered. The fish, which we were told was de-boned, had many bones in it, and upon mentioning it to our waiter, he seemed unconcerned. We waited a good 40 minutes between our appetizer and our first round of entrees with no explanation or apology for the long delay. The sweetbreads and cauliflower were quite delicious. Everything else was unremarkable. For $600, there are several other restaurants in town that can do a hell of a lot better.
- Cute place but overpriced for sizelovefoodDined on 9/27/2014We went with friends for a birthday. Dishes are meant to be shared but portion is way to small to share. We ordered Bone Marrow (1 marrow only), raclette tart, snapper crudo (we upgraded and it was $30 for 6 pieces of fish...literally) and seafood stew (which was more like a potato soup without the seafood. Definitely not coming back. Cocktails were good though so maybe come for a drink instead.
- Great addition to the scene!DemonsRunDined on 9/26/2014Where to start? Proof & Pantry is unexpectedly tucked away in the One Arts Plaza. A small jewel box space, Proof & Pantry is about two things; a great bar and a great menu. We decided to eat at the bar though having reservations because the cocktails were fantastic and bartenders epic (shout out to Josh, Josh and Joel!). Their menu is small, but as we were told - they'd rather do a few things great, and they succeeded. Tried the mixed seafood (sweet meaty oysters and giant shrimp) and the ham tasting as starters, both were that day's best and well chosen. The bone marrow was simply amazing... I can't say enough, truly. Can't wait to go back and try more of both their cocktails and dishes! Do yourself a favor, and just go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One restaurant to missfoodloverVIPDined on 9/26/2014We chose this restaurant after reading some good reviews on it but I must say it was one of the worst and most expensive meals I've recently have. The menu was very limited and although the cauliflower dish was good, the portion size was very small. We were a party of 6 and the waiter talked us into ordering the chicken and more expensive steak ($125.) Both dishes were very bland with no flavor . The chicken was not only flavorless but it was rubbery and the presentation was terrible. Needless to say, we left this restaurant hungry and disappointed and went to another place to get some food. The waiter did not even notice nor comment on the full plates of food we left on the table.! There are plenty of other places to eat in Dallas !
- Did not meet Expectations....DallasLovesDined on 9/26/2014We were so excited to dine here...there was an email from CraveDFW with headline stating ".25 oysters and $10 flutes of champagne starting tonight September 25 through November 27, 2014 from 4pm until close - you can nab a flute of Ruinart for $10 paired with .25 cent oysters." Sounds AWESOME right?? Well unless you actually read the WHOLE article you will see this is ONLY on Thursday night...so an easy $50-60 dinner (compared to our normal $150+) was just that...over $175 and we only had 2 glasses of wine, 1 cocktail and two "appetizers". Unfortunately, very disappointed for our first experience. Don't get me wrong the food was great but very SMALL portions and not worth the cost...oysters (small-med size) were $3 each. Apps were $15-25
- Lots of kinks - don't go nowDenaJVIPDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant has been open for a month or so. Arrived with OT reservations and was seated right away. Then waited, and waited, and waited with no drinks, no hello, no nada. Finally got attention and a server appeared let them know we had theater tickets. He said no problem, they would bring our appetizers and cheese plate out as they were ready. Then we waited, and waited, and waited. Food was fine, probably overpriced but by the time we got the food we were so short on time the experience was pretty much ruined. Maybe visit later but right now would not recommend unless you want a drink and have nothing else on your calendar for the evening.Special Features:
- The Man Can Do No Wrong.stacielynnskiDined on 9/16/2014We decided to have my husband's 30th birthday dinner (!) at Proof and Pantry on a Tuesday night shortly after it opened, with about 10 friends. We could not have picked a better place. The cocktails were perfect. I will say, though, that the huge plate of meat one of our friends ordered may have stolen the show (well, at least until we ate it and then turned back to our drinks). The staff was great. Thank you so much!! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- New and greatMilanC88Dined on 9/14/2014My date and I went a couple weeks ago on a Sunday evening. It was very quiet, great ambiance. The gentleman that served us gave us wonderful service and was very helpful! We shared the Bone in Ribeye , Bone Marrow, and for dessert we had the cheese plate. Everything was made to share so it was very different, the ribeye had a little to much fat in my opinion, however it was all very delicious!! The drinks there were even better! We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- My new fave restaurant in my hood!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/9/2014Great food, drinks, service and atmosphere..what more can I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014From the guys who created The Cedars Social. Excellent food and drinks.Special Features:
- Such a pleasant surprise!DaniellaDined on 9/6/2014I had high hopes for Proof + Pantry, and they were surpassed. Beer list was well-curated, cocktails thoughtful and very tasty. Great small-plate-but-not-tapas concept. Butcher's Cut that evening was a pork chop with stone fruits, and I have never had a pork chop so perfectly cooked. I'm from South Carolina, and I learned something about pork that night. The bone-in ribeye walked by, and we were a little jealous we hadn't thought to order it. Service was great, attentive, intuitive, but not hovering. Food presentation was gorgeous. Not a ton of seats, which was nice but will mean planning ahead. There are one or two televisions for sports fans, but they leave them muted. We're already planning our next trip to impress out-of-town guests.Special Features:
- code0Dined on 9/4/2014cool people only will like this place. ;-0 . Great location, and love the hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drinks, &peoplePrescottmVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent. The bartenders make custom craft cocktails that are the best in town. This is sure to be a Dallas favorite for foodies in the metroplex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drinks, atmosphereSaraKVIPDined on 8/30/2014Amazing bar with looooong drink list, wonderful food. Open till after midnight most nights!Special Features:
- Great addition to the One Arts areaquahogconvoDined on 8/27/2014This is a new joint operation between Michael Martensen and Sal Jafar, which means you're going to be in good hands. The drinks are fantastic and the food is just as good. The menu is kept fairly small to keep quality up, and it shows in the service too. Very helpful bartenders and wait staff. All of the main courses (known as "Bulks") are meant for 2-3 people, so keep that in mind when you book a reservation or order. Really nice environment too.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Proof & Pantry reviews archive.