5175 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prohibitionhouston.com/
- Phone: 2819404636
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm(kitchen open til 12am)
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am(kitchen open til 2am)
Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Glen Trumble
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our catering packages include gourmet food and mixologists who can put on a show for patrons at any event.
Also for hire are our amazing Moonlight Dolls! For any occasion or event contact us for the best possible one of a kind experience!
- Private Party Facilities: Voyager Room
- Private Party Contact: Anh 8889254604
- Entertainment: On weekend's The Moonlight Dolls put on two shows Provocateur on Fridays and The Moonlight Show Saturdays. Show times for both nights are 8 pm and 10:30 pm. To make a reservation for the show please visit our website at www.prohibitionhouston.com
The Moonlight Dolls is a Burlesque Troupe with dancers, singers, magicians, musicians, and other special talent artists! Reservations are needed for a table for the shows!
- Special Events: We have private rooms for rent for any corporate or special occasion.
A word from Prohibition
Prohibition is Houston's only true vintage speakeasy dining experience with share plates and craft drinks made from the best local ingredients. Kitchen opens late til 12 am (2 am on weekends).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prohibition reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bad ExperienceBachelorettePartyDined on 8/17/2013We called ahead to make a reservation and we were told that our table would be $100 plus $20 per person for the minimum on food and drinks ($20 * 6 = $120) and my charged was ran for $220. By the end of the night after we ordered as close to $20 a person as possible, our bill was brought back with an amount far over that. The "$20 minimum" I was told I was charged for initially was a "seat charge" on top of our $100 table. Did NOT find that out until after the fact. They should have held up their end of the deal based on what they told me over the phone. The miscommunication was the fault of the Prohibition receptionist and the manager was not interested in keeping his customers happy. We will never return to this restaurant.
- Dinner and a weekend showDowntownerVIPDined on 8/4/2013A unique opportunity to have a lite dinner and catch a live show. Great for a different type of date night. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday evenings. Be sure to make reservations. I'll be going back often.Special Features:
- Make a reservation from their siteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2013Making an Open Table Reservation will not get you tickets or a table to the show. We went for drinks and dessert. Both were great, but I wished we knew about the show!
- What a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013Our experience was amazing- it literally felt like we took a step back in time. The staff was superb and the cocktails were among the most creative and flavorful we have ever had. Two enthusiastic thumbs up :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entertainmentKRosehillDined on 7/6/2013Everything was perfect. Entertainment was great. The drinks are awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was overpriced- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/29/2013The food was overpriced- good taste but small portions. Not a lot of selections and wouldn't go if I was hungry.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013The show was average, the service was outstanding, great customer service. The food was not what expected and I didn't like how you had to spend min 20 on food and drinks, when the food was not worth the price, and you just paid 20 a head for the show. If you like to drink this is the place. But overall I probably will never go again, wasn't really impressed.Special Features:
- Not good fora. anniversary dinnerECG71Dined on 5/15/2013No servers during happy hour. We arrived early for dinner and were told that there would be no servers, that we would have to go order at the bar. Bartender was great, good strong drinks. This place seems good for groups, but not for any type of romantic celebration. Dinner menu was slim, but appetizer was good. We left without ordering dinner. Can't say I was impressed.Special Features:
- Cool placevyrgrl1Dined on 5/12/2013I thought it was just a night club, but realized they serve food. The menu is not typical bar food however. I was impressed actually. I would recommend it for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day Brunch - 1920's style!TamiODined on 5/12/2013We had a nice time. My Mom loved the pianist and we had a lovely table next to him. Though it wasn't very crowded or really even half full, we still enjoyed the atmoshphere. We can't wait to come back at night. Picky eaters won't have a lot to choose from on the food menu - the buffalo burger was good for mine (husband). The pulled pork tacos were great! The delightful twists on the mimosa's were soooo delicious - wanted to try all of them! I do wish they would've clarified that "free mimosas for Mothers" meant only your first one...since they were so great, I can let that slide. We'll be back - but in the evening for drinks and a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks are awesome and tryfurnman61VIPDined on 5/10/2013Drinks are awesome and try the mac and cheese and the truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013I very much enjoyed the show and the atmosphere. Although I was very disappointed with the service and food. It took 35 minutes to get our first drinks; then our food came out about 30 minutes later but not all together. My spouse steak was served then it took 20 minutes before my salad came another 5 minutes for my friends salad then 15 additional minutes for my other guests shrimp dish to come. The server was very friendly and positive but something was not right either it was the kitchen backed up and the bar too.Special Features:
- Great bartenders and drinks,MikeDined on 4/3/2013Great bartenders and drinks, but the menu is extremely limited.
- The ambience is alright, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2013The ambience is alright, but the owners of prohibition should have visited the Strip House. Much classier and more scandelous
- Great Birthday SpotfHOUdieDined on 3/26/2013A friend and I celebrated our birthday here on a Tuesday night with a group of our other friends, and the service was outstanding. Every drink that was concocted for us from the bar was delicious and fit our tastes. The waitstaff was very helpful, and very patient, with our group. We even took photos together with the staff at the end of the night, to commemorate the occasion. It was a very memorable experience, and I highly recommend Prohibition.Special Features:
- Not a place to go for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/5/2013Just go for drinks. However, they did not make a good Old Fashioned. Perhaps, stick with the wine.
- Best food and fun place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Best food and fun place to have fun and get some drinks.Special Features:
- Great date night spot ...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013My wife and I arrived to a softly-lit and cozy ambience. We weren't approached immediately, but as soon as we were greeted we felt welcomed. Our food was quick (not too busy on a Thursday night), and we enjoyed the hummus. My wife was a bit disappointed with such small portions for our main course, but the flavor was note worthy.Special Features:
- My biggest disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012My biggest disappointment was that the room with the stage is small and so is the stage itself so it was not as impressive as I had hoped. I felt like we were all crammed in there pretty tight.Special Features:
- I would go back for drinksMonicaDined on 12/31/2012I would go back for drinks and the entertainment, but would not be my first choice for dinner. We went for NYE and the designated four course meal was not that spectacular. The first course was ceviche and came out in a small shot glass that was half filled with ceviche, two bites max. The next course was a stuffed crab which again was small, but tasted mediocre. The main entree was filet mignon which was pretty good, but we had to wait on a new set of silverware so by the time we were able to cut into our steaks they weren't nearly as warm as when they first came out. However, it was still very tasty. As for the dessert, the creme brulee came out un-glazed so it had to be sent back and it still was not done right.
- The manager was quite rude.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/26/2012The manager was quite rude. He hardly wanted to greet us or explain that seating was open. On top of that, they were out of most of the food we wanted. They blamed that on Christmas--as though the date changes every year. Plan ahead!
- My waiter was WONDERFUL andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012My waiter was WONDERFUL and SO HELPFUL!! I spoke to a manager prior to my visit and Rick was very considerate and accomodating. The bar staff was very rude and short with several questions my guest had. When I asked the waiter the same questions he got answers and results, where as the bar staff gave a flat out NO to my questions. They were belittingSpecial Features:
- Go for the cocktails, skip the foodChadVIPDined on 12/1/2012Prohibition is definitely a great place to stop in for a cocktail and maybe an appetizer...unfortunately, their dining execution (both service and food) missed the mark. We had early reservations about 5:30 PM as we were headed to another event and just wanted a good cocktail and some dinner. We were sat in the bar area which was great when our waiter disappeared I could go and fetch what we needed. The drinks were great, as was he appetizer of homemade potato chips. We both ordered steak which was a mistake...this was also the last time we saw our waiter. I'll go for drinks again if I'm out at the Galleria, but certainly not making a special trip and won't be having a meal.Special Features:
- Fantastically fun ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012Fantastically fun ambiance, surprisingly good food, and outstanding cocktails! Just tell the bartender what you're in the mood for (sweet, savory, spicy, or downright outrageous) and he'll mix up something fantastic! I haven't seen the burlesque show yet but have only heard evermore positive feedback. I highly recommend trying their Old Fashioned... it is extraordinary!Special Features:
- Prohibition - HoustonLanddock1VIPDined on 10/7/2012Not a restaurant - it's a bar. Got there on Sunday AM for "brunch" place smelled like spilled beer and wine that fermented overnight the previous nights party. Service was very, very slow, the chairs were akin to living room lounge chairs with worn springs, you sunk into to chairs and the table was to high to comfortably eat food from. A top that - it was very expensive, and the staff - I'll leave the negative comments off. Bottom line, I'd never recommend or go this place for food or reasonable service. It's probably a nice place for late night partying.
- I had a dinner reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012I had a dinner reservation for a Thursday night. Dinner was absolutely phenomenal. We didn't need to wait long for food and drinks, and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- best place ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012This was a great place. I love the industrial decor. I have been telling every one about it.Special Features:
- The mixoligist started theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2012The mixoligist started the night right with the best Old Fashion I have ever had. The appetizer of homemade potato chips was tremdous. The shrimp and grits were great. Didn't have room for desert but looking forward to going back and try it.Special Features:
- Dealing with the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/23/2012Dealing with the restaurant was a nightmare. Food was good except the truffle Mac n cheese which was very disappointing. Cocktails were the highlight. I had the scofflaw and a perfect 10.Special Features: