3597 Main St
Riverside, CA 92501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.proabition.com/
- Phone: 9512222110x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am-3:00pm
Monday- Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Andrew Calvin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Thank you for choosing ProAbition. For any catering services, please let us give us a call (951) 222-2110. We look forward to serving you.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely dining room that can be used for exclusive service. There is a facility fee for exclusive use which varies depending on the date and time of use.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Carrillo 9512036050x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing ProAbition. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to serving you. (951) 222-2110
A word from ProAbition
Welcome to ProAbition: Whiskey lounge and Kitchen. Downtown Riverside's sophisticated speakeasyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
ProAbition - Best Restaurants in Riverside ›
ProAbition reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Unique ExperienceSpecialKDined on 10/5/2014We enjoy dining downtown and this is definitely a place to experience. I recommend going on a night where they have live music reflecting the period the restaurant portrays. The drink selection is very good. The quality of the food is probably in the top 5% for the Inland Empire. The dinner menu is a little heavy so be prepared to eat well but again it works for this venue. We have always had very good service. Ashley was extremely helpful and attentive on this particular visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First datemrbluiyzDined on 10/3/2014I met someone on Tuesday and she is from the area and suggested your place because I am new to the area and glad that she wanted to go there. Love the atmosphere, the staff were great from the time with got there, the service and food was great. We were more there to meet and just had appetizers and a couple drinks but it was the perfect venue for a first date. I have asked her if we could go back there next time and have a full meal. I am looking forward to itSpecial Features:
- good food and drinksfoodiegirlDined on 9/21/2014The food is always good (including dessert) and the drinks are inventive and tasty. The service is reasonable and reliably they are friendly and have an appropriate pace. Always have an enjoyable time at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cocktailsdowntownsteveDined on 9/4/2014Good cocktails and pretty good food. A pleasant place, especially in the patio.Special Features:
- well prepared interesting dishesdogmanDined on 9/3/2014while only we had appetizers (they sounded too good not to try several) and wine (good selections, interesting cellar names as well) We would gladly repeat the experience. Having made reservations (early dinner to go to concert), we were disappointed to be next to the kitchen door with several other open booths available (in fact there were less than 12 people there when we got there). As the Fall progresses we will likely take outside seating.Special Features:
- Upside down A's all around!ViledinerDined on 8/31/2014I've been here once b4 for a brunch-buffet thing & it was pretty good. Great bar, bartenders, & a very cool swanky feel. I already knew I liked this place 4 the look & the drinks but I never been there for dinner. I met up with friends about 8:30 for a late dinner (they serve til 10) & the 4 of us ordered all different items from the menu. I had the salmon which was excellent! Not a huge portion but enough, & served w/ delicious, spicy/tangy veggies. My gf had the pork chop (which came out as a giant chop w/ the bone in it a-la Fred Flintstone) & she said it was fantastic. My buddy had the spaghetti & giant meatball & he loved it & his wife had the whiskey or bourbon chicken & she quietly cleaned her plate! A little pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I celebrated my birthday ~ what a great experience!Special Features:
- Wow! Never AgainhappydinnerDined on 8/31/2014This place does not advertise that it is pet friendly. I love pets. My pets are like my kids to me. However when I go out for a dinner at a nice restaurant I do not expect to see a cat eating at the table next to me. The couple next to us not only had the cat at the table but also eating off the same plate they were eating off of. We asked to see the manager and he informed us that Proabition is a pet friendly restaurant and that is the way it is. Well then Proabition should let that me known so if you dont want to eat next to a table with pets eating off the same plates you can make that choice. This was on Sunday August 31, at 5:p.m. Since the restaurant does not let people know of this policy we are telling everyone we know.
- Great Appetizer MenuOpenTableFanDined on 8/12/2014The appetizer menu is unique and the portions easily feed two or three. My guest and I choose to share two appetizers and they ended up becoming the main course for us; salmon cheviche and grilled lamb chops with mashed potatos... both were very good and plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItJohnyGirlDined on 7/26/2014Decor is awesome. Fun and unique. The hamburger was so delicious. The waitress was so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhiskeyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014It has one of the largest whiskey selections around.Great atmosphere and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchLunchieDined on 7/5/2014Energetic place to get lunch and watch the World Cup. Proabition fries, burger, and turkey sandwich were solid and would come back again when in the Riverside area. Wait staff friendly, attentive and unobtrusive.Special Features:
- Excellent!Jhorse753Dined on 6/25/2014Went to ProAbition before a concert with some friends. Food was excellent, service was great, and ambiance was perfect before a show. Had a crab cakes for an appt which were awesome. Burger for dinner was great. I've had several thing in their menu at previous visits and loved it all. Definitely a great place to go for dinner and hang out into the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoccerJsrviperDined on 6/23/2014I went during this game so obvious he was very very loud. The food was decent the price is a little high for what you get though. The service was outstanding. And being so close to the Mission Inn the area was very nice and upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the ProAbition reviews archive.
- Enjoyable Saturday lunch!atlantisDined on 6/21/2014This was my first visit to Proabition and I will definitely be going back. It was such a relaxed and fun (World Cup game on the tvs)atmosphere. The Buffalo wings with blue cheese dipping sauce were delicious as was my shrimp and berry salad. The crème brulee was also excellent. They have very extensive whiskey and cocktail selection. I would recommend the Moscow mule with emulsified cucumber, so refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014We had a nice dinner at ProAbition last Wednesday. The food was great and the atmosphere was like taking a step back in time. Staff was friendly and attentive. Thank you for a great night out.Special Features:
- Good dining experience!LeeceeyaDined on 6/6/2014My hubs and I had our 5 year anniversary dinner here, and it was great. The pork chop was wonderful and the wedge salad was cool. He got the flat iron steak, I stole some and it was awesome! The drink selections were endless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJessy91502Dined on 6/4/2014My first time here for dinner. The food was delicious and with a romantic atmosphere. Loved the music. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Mothers Day LunchJuandolynDined on 5/3/2014We had a pre-Mothers Day Lunch at ProAbition and the food was so good. The service was great and love the ambience of the place. The décor of the restaurant is very nice. You can eat outside or inside. Both location are good. I recommend going here anytime.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchdenisesdDined on 4/20/2014I will say that I was highly impressed with the follow up from the manager, prior to our reservation. He called to confirm if we were coming for dinner, or expecting the Easter brunch. He called after hours from his personal cell, to be sure that we were taken care of. Riverside doesn't have a lot of choices, outside of the Mission Inn, so this was a nice change. Brunch had a small selection, the food luke-warm, but based on the holiday we took it all in stride. I would go back for a happy hour - the ambiance was different - more bar like, than restaurant style for our personal taste. But the wait staff were friendly, the manager amazing - and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, pricey for Easter brunchKasAnn7Dined on 4/20/2014I was told brunch was $27 but on Easter it was $35, wish they told me the Easter price since they new which day the reservation was for. The food was very good! Service was great! Great decorations! I would not do brunch again, small buffet. But I would try it again for lunch and their night scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProAbition Super AgainjlrcoronaDined on 4/19/2014This was our third visit in 5 months. First time for lunch. Both meals have an excellent menu with a lot of choices. Food quality and quantity are right on. Presentation is good. A very nice dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchcindyDined on 4/17/2014Met friends from the beach and the desert for lunch. All concurred that the food was outstanding. Ate outdoors, but their wan't enough shade. Service was very good. Didn't feel the "speakeasy" vibe but then it may have been too early in the day. Defineitely would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a place to have dinner.BryguyDined on 4/15/2014More of a nightlife place it seems to me. We made a reservation and when we showed up they sat us in the back room all alone. Very awkward place for an anniversary dinner in my option. Food was over priced and service was ok. Would have been a little better if our server actually knew what alcohol they actually had to offer. Over all I won't be back. I'll take my money else where. Our dinner and one drink apiece came to $50.
- Brunch with the girlsCyndiDined on 4/6/2014Love the option of unlimited bloody Mary's or mimosa's. The brunch is excellent but would love to have crackers with the cheese. Lots of food especially if you add an entree-I had the crab/lobster cake eggs benedict. It was delicious! The sax player at the brunch was so good and added to my enjoyment of the meal.Special Features:
- Consistent diningCrashdudeDined on 3/31/2014Once again a great evening at Prohibition! Food is excellent and the service is very good. The whiskey bar is the best feature along with the ambiance. You can't find a better selection of Scotch; and the only place that serves my favorite, Balvenie. Y'all should try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014This was our third trip to ProAbition and it is getting better every time. The food was much better on this trip than it has been in the past. The service was much better too. The prices are a bit high, and there are other places that offer a better value for the money. The only disappointment this time was the confusion over the menu we were choosing from and that the staff did not check us in for our reservation. When we came home, there were phone calls and emails asking us why we did not honor our reservation and I had to spend time calling and writing to explain that we did. If you are looking for a hot spot hang out, this is it. If you are looking for unique food that is a good price for the money, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressJackgrl31Dined on 3/25/2014The only bad thing was that we waited a very long time for our drinks and to order our food but other than that it was a great place to grab a drink with friends and the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How many ways can you say amazing?DawnSDined on 3/25/2014Our server (Briana, I think was her name) was well versed in both the food and drinking menu. We decided to essentially let her order for us and she nailed it! From the cocktails to our meals, the experience was amazing! We live about an hour away and were in town to see a concert, we would definitely plan another date night to ProAbition for certain. Next time we look forward to bringing friends!Special Features:
- Nice ambience ok food- strange ruleKrissyartDined on 3/12/2014I love the "speakeasy" feel of the place, the lighting, decor and atmosphere here. The food was pretty good but pricey (happy hour appetizer menu was great), and our server was very nice. What was a real put-off, though, was a "rule" about not being able to get happy hour prices in the back dining are during happy hour. It wasn't crowded, the hostess sat us there, we got settled in - and THEN she mentioned "oh, you can't have happy hour prices here." So from one room to the next they can't give what's advertised? We moved tables and had a nice time, but this put a bad taste in our mouth - strange management rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014First time there, sat outside on the Patio because it was a really nice day and the outside patio is great. Right on the street, lots of European charm. Family birthday for older parent and it was an excellent choice. grandkids enjoyed it also. teenagers. Food is more than ample and the blue cheese fries are worth the trip there for sure. And then the food just got better with every order. A nice touch to end the luncheon was the sparkling firework candle in the middle of the house desert. A definite GO on this place. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Areajake33Dined on 3/9/2014The dinner was very good. The pork chop was excellent and the whiskey chicken that my wife had was also very good. Considering a new chef had just begun, the menu was great and the food was very good. While waiting for our table the bar area is a negative. Very poor service, not enough seating, no cocktail waitress and the two guys at the bar were not friendly at all. If that would have been the total experience I would not recommend this restaurant. But the meal saved the evening. Something for management to deal with is the bar area, seating and support to make your wait more positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After-Theater DiningAQBKidDined on 3/9/2014Loved the fact that I could make a reservation online. Even got a call reminding me of the reservation. They asked me to return their call, which I did; however, I was put on hold for an extended period of time. Since I was nearby when I made the call, I walked over to the host & told him I had been on hold so long I thought I'd return the call in person. To his credit, he was extremely apologetic and advised that they were short-staffed that evening. Totally commendable. We ate outside and the food was exceptional. I would highly recommend this establishment. We ate there after we had been to a play at the Fox Theater and it was nice that it is totally within walking distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edgy and ClassyBDayGirlDined on 3/7/2014I loved everything about ProAbition, from the live 3 piece group playing to the decorations. I loved the theme it was antique with some mardigra. The food was excellent. The flavors all so rich and deliscious. This place was perfect I was with a group of 5 and we all had a good time. This place is perfect for downtown Riverside. It's sophysticated and for dinner it's more of a crowd of people from late 20-s to early 50's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014The short rib sliders and Pork Belly Mac and Cheese were incredible. Service was attentive and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Same Old StuffNoGourmetDined on 3/6/2014Creative menu, without being intimidating. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Lunch companion thought there was too much bread for her open-faced mushroom sandwich. Ingredients were all fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the 1920'sTrishDined on 3/2/2014Spent a delightful evening at ProAbition with our son and daughter-in-law while visiting them recently in Riverside. We had a wonderful waitress who did everything possible to make our evening enjoyable. The food was great - we each had a different dish and everyone loved theirs. The bread pudding was delicious which we all shared. We will definitely return here next time we are in Riverside.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchanonymousDined on 3/2/2014Having never been here before we weren't sure what to do when we were seated but our waiter quickly came to the table and explained everything. All food was great and the smoked salmon was exceptionally delicious. The lighting over the breakfast buffet was colored and a bit dim so it was a little difficult to see what was available. One of the members at our table ordered a Bloody Mary and was served a half full glass of ice and vodka. We were very confused until we hailed down the waiter and he said to go to the self serve Bloody Mary bar. It was a little off-putting as none of us are a bartender and prefer our drinks served ready to go. I give this place an A+, will recommend, and plan on returning to try their lunch/dinner options!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite place!9ToeWarriorDined on 2/15/2014We finally stopped in to try this place and we loved it! Great food, good service, and great ambiance! We've been there 4 times now in the last two weeks and have reservations for next week on our anniversary.Special Features:
- New favorite place!9ToeWarriorDined on 2/1/2014We have been here twice for lunch and loved everything we had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.