555 E. Lafayette Blvd
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greektowncasino.com/restaurants/prism
- Phone: 3133092499x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm- 11:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Party menu is designed to fit all occasions and customized for almost any budget
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday,
- Cross Street: St. Antoine
- Public Transit: People Mover
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Available in our adjacent facility. Greektown Casino parking in our covered structure located right off I-375. Simply take the East Lafayette exit and make an immediate right to enter the parking facility. Casino valet services available off of Lafayette Blvd.
A word from PRISM
Contemporary atmosphere with floor to ceiling windows providing vibrant, panoramic city views with an eclectic menu of prime steaks, seafood and pasta dishes. Enjoy a glass of wine from our extensive wine list while sitting at the circular bar in the center of the dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PRISM reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (31)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (24)notable wine list (21)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went there for dinner for our anniversary. First, you have to walk through the smoke filled casino to get to the restaurant which is located in the back corner. The restaurant looks modern and is furnished nicely. There was a guy there playing the guitar and singing very loudly. We were seated at the back of the restaurant and could barely hold a conversation due to the noise level. The food was average. The only noteworthy thing about this restaurant is the service. They were attentive and very nice. I do not plan on going there again and would not recommend it to others.
- 30th Anniversary Dinner.HammerDined on 10/25/2014Our food selections we ok, My Wife's selection was great but my seafood combo was over cooked, The Au gratin potatoes were not cooked through they were not done, our thoughts were more on our Anniversary I guess. The desert that was brought though was excellent. Sever was the best...Special Features:
- buzzDined on 10/23/2014Food selection and quality was great. Service was excellent, much better than the old Brizzola. Greektown has definitely upped their game with PrizmSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Best bar tender in the world. The food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amniversarySauceVIPDined on 10/22/2014Took wife here for anniversary and was a pleasant surprise..food was fantastic..service was excellent and prices are fair for the quality..they even brought out a desert after for our anniversary. Sorry Wolfgang..prism may be the best casino resteraunt in the D.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulPaulDined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent, Best lame chops I have had in a long time, We were seated at 7:00 are reservations were for 7:00Special Features:
- Sweetest DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Me and my sweetie really enjoyed the food the service the scene. It was awesome. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummittDined on 10/18/2014I have at here several times and the food, atmosphere, entertainment and service has always been outstanding. The welcoming staff is very friendly! If you visit Greektown Casino you absoultly need to stop and dine at Prism. You will make part of your Greektown Casino trip everytime you come. Its Awesome!!!Special Features:
- BIS1939BIS1939Dined on 10/17/2014once again we had a special treat at PRISM,CELISA was a joy handling our dinner and drinks. She also has a fantastic sense of humor which made the evening all the more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014Did not like the fact that we had to walk through a smoked filled casino. The food was average.Special Features:
- old menupixieDined on 10/1/2014i perfered having the tablet to check out the menu.it gave me a better look at the food that i wanted to order,other than that,it was great!Special Features:
- DRWyumsDined on 9/27/2014Went here for Drw on the last Saturday of the event, i got stuck in traffic and they were able to change my reservation with no trouble. The salads and appetizers were great so was the entree. I am not a big dessert person but the creme brulee was ok, however they were willing to give me something else but i declined. There was a mix up in my salad so we were able to have to salads. Drinks were fantastic, same price as in the casino no difference, and the tasted better. The only downfall was the bathrooms are located in the casino. Are server was great and all the other attendants to are table, Are server did not visit alot was a slight disappointment but service was still great!Special Features:
- Mediocre experience during DRWFoodloverDined on 9/27/2014I had dinner at PRISM for restaurant week two days ago, and was disappointed in the food. Our service was great, besides during dessert which was not as smooth. The arancini, and filet were excellent. The Cesar salad was overdressed, the lasagna roll ups, and tiramisu were fair, and the chocolate lava cake I received by mistake was slightly dry. The sugar on the creme brûlée was slightly burnt, the dish looked sloppy, and the vanilla beans were all stuck to the bottom. The atmosphere was nice, although I wasn't expecting a band performing. I'd go back based on the service, and figure the regular menu's food quality may increase after DRW. I hate to speak such poor opinions of the food, but I barely ate the last two courses. Worth a try.Special Features:
- New and VibrantSuperstarsDined on 9/27/2014Came in for Detroit Restaurant Week and was very impressed. Great menu choices and entertainment was outstanding. The ambiance was nice and not too crazy busy later in the evening. Service could improve with such great menu options there is so much potential.Special Features:
- New menu, still great serviceChefsteveVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful evening. Good food, superb service, pleasant live music. New menu provides better non-steak options, somewhat better price point. Wine list has some affordable options. Biggest problem is having to walk through the smoky casino to get to the restaurant which is why we prefer Iridescence with its separate entrance from the hotel.Special Features:
- Maybe try againSeeMomRunDined on 9/26/2014We went during Detroit Restaurant Week and it seemed the kictchen was not able to handle the demand. Steaks were quite over cooked, medium rare was served well done. We understand the stress an event such as Restaurant Week can cause, but other establishments are able to handle it much better. In the past we have had wonderful meals at Opus One, Roast, Rattlesnake, Detroit Seafood Market, and other restaurant week participants. We have found some of our favorite and most frequented places through the event. Prism appears to have wasted an opportunity to gain loyal new customers.
- Memorable DinnerfoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Visited during restaurant week and absolutely loved it. The food, especially the osso bucco, was fantastic. Best I've ever had. Would highly recommend this restaurant for a great meal.Special Features:
- Prism reviewEbonygirlDined on 9/26/2014There was no indication while reserving a table that the restaurant was in a casino. However, the restaurant was beautiful. The vibe last Friday night was energetic and included a piano player and lovely singer. I attended during restaurant week and the $30 menu provided a nice variety. The veal was overcooked but my steak was prepared as suggested. The drinks were a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRISM @ GreektownpwcopyDined on 9/25/2014Excellent service and the waiter chose a terrific wine paring for our meals. We were there for Detroit Restaurant Week (DRW). The DRW menu was quite nice in the appetizer and entree selections, a little less imaginative for dessert. Everyone enjoyed their food and we had a lovely evening. Would definitely go back, as they are bringing out a new menu and I'd like to see what the chef comes up with outside the confines of DRW. The only negative note was the piano vocal duo. They are placed in dining room, which I find less than ideal, because they are there to entertain, while I'd rather focus on the meal and the company at my table.Special Features:
- Upscale Casino DiningShirazDined on 9/24/2014The decor was fine however the food did not live up to fine dining. My chopped salad was chopped and purée into what appeared to be baby food. My fish entree tasted like frozen fish. Wasn't pleased with lava cake dessert tiny ice cream spoonful. The wine selection was impressive and tasty but I prefer a printed list rather than iPad view. The location of the restaurant in the casino was somewhat disappointing all the way in the far end rear.Special Features:
- A new gem on the edge of Greek TownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014I recomend the osso buco. The service was friendly and professional. The presentation was inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice casino restaurantwaveplayerVIPDined on 9/23/2014Walleye was tasty as was the desserts and salads. Went to dinner with friends for restaurant week. The only downfall is walking through the slightly smoky casino. Nice wine cooler too.Special Features:
- PRISM for DRWdetroitcpaDined on 9/23/2014The food here was pretty solid. We went for restaurant week and got the three courses; the highs were the lava cake, filet, roasted chicken, and risotto balls. The Cesar salad was way underdressed and the chopped salad seemed to have be put through the food processor (wasn't bad, just not what I was expecting from a chopped salad). Our server was slow, we didnt leave until 845 on a 600 reservation and we saw other diners sit down after us and leave well before us. There was a live guitarist playing who as good, but could have turned the volume down.Special Features:
- DeliciousKristinDined on 9/23/2014Great food for restauant week. Didn't seem like a special. Very good food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemTeeGDined on 9/23/2014Prism is a hidden gem inside the Greektown Casino. Once you get over having to pass through & ultimately smelling like smoke from the casino patrons. You pass through two doors into an oasis, into a causal yet upscale experience. From the crisp white linen and shiny silverware to the electronic wine list. The food was delicious, as we both joined the clean plate club (a rarity). Our server John was great, he provided prompt service & detailed attention to our table. It felt as we were the only people in the room. Syed was as equally attentive. He supported John and kept our table clear (pet peeve). We'll be back to partake again. Checkout Prism & use open table to easily make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014My girlfriends and I went to Prism for the first time during restaurant week, before a Tiger game. Tha aranci appetizer was ok but the tomato sauce was bland and the dish was under-seasoned. The chopped salad was completely bizarre. It was minced to a unregognizable blob of green on the plate. Very strange and a little slimy. Main courses that we had were walleye with a very sweet corn purée, and Osso bucco with "gritty" grits. Both dishes under-seasoned again and were just ok, not good enough to make me want to go back. The desserts were the best course! Creme brûlée, tiramisu, and molten lava cake (hello 90's). They were tasty and well done although not very original.
- Restaurant Week Birthday Girl!BirthdayGirlDined on 9/20/2014What a pleasant surprise! Very quick service and very nice. Nice view, great for groups. Relaxed environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went for our 14 year anniversary. The food was good, service, was good. I would recommend for a nice evening out, then go play some slots or dance on main floor entertainment.Special Features:
- It's a casino restaurantnotcreativeDined on 9/20/2014PRISM fits a casino location--they take your money with a minimum of effort and you leave kind of wondering what you just paid for. We went for Detroit Restaurant Week on 9/20/14. When we were seated, we waited for between 5-10 minutes before our waiter appeared. This would have been fine, had we been given a wine list when we were seated. Once we received a list, we placed our drink orders and then our food orders without incident. Drinks also took a while, and my old fashioned was not great. Food came out at a pretty good pace, but they don't do the little things very well. We had to ask for water refills, salt & pepper (which the fish needed badly). Overall, it's not awful, but not anywhere I'm rushing to go back.
- Won't ReturnSherryDined on 9/20/2014Even though it was restaurant week, when we arrived at 7:30 there were many empty tables yet our service was extremely slow. It took 20 minutes to be greeted by our waiter. There was no response, not even an apology when we complained about the wait. We ordered a bottle of wine which was promptly delivered but sat unopened for 10 minutes. The chopped salad was delicious, probably the best salad either of us had. I had the filet mignon which was a 2" square charred so much on the outside that it was difficult to cut with a steak knife. My husband had the veal shank which was mediocre. The creme brûlée was served in a ramekin inside a larger ramekin. There was just one raspberry in the larger dish which seemed odd and none on the brûlée.Special Features:
- MediocreVegHeadDined on 9/20/2014We went for restaurant week... Server was lackluster, busboy was fairly attentive. I asked the server to sub a sauce in my entree (I'm vegetarian)... He responded that they were very busy. The tables were about 1/3 full at 7pm on Saturday. He did have it subbed but I could have done without the attitude. food was decent but not amazing. I never understand why some restaurants treat restaurant week as a chore. You ought to try to win over new patrons, not scorn their presence.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableWinedineDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time with the DRW and our choice for your restaurant was great. We had a great waiter "John" the service was wonderful and the food even better. It was the start of a great night out in the city. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foidKajuDined on 9/19/2014Went for Detroit restaurant week. Food portions were perfect. Steak was a little dry but still good. Lava cake was cold on the insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantLuvfoodDined on 9/19/2014Visited for restaurant week so didn't have access to full menu but the choices available on the limited menu were excellent. The wine/cocktail options were great. The first course, entrees, and desserts were well prepared and very tasty. We dined with another couple and we were all pleased with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor service.HappydinerDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. Seasoned perfectly. The servers were friendly but poorly trained. We had to ask for the wine list, bread, butter, and toppings for the baked potato. The bread plates were removed before the butter was served. We would return because the food was excellent but we hope the servers are better trained for a high end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in a CasinoDaredevleDined on 9/19/2014Went for Detroit Restaurant Week. My wife had, what appeared to be, a Rock Cornish Game Hen with Cranberry Stuffing. I had the Grilled Walleye. Both were FANTASTIC. I also had the Rissoto Balls, for the appetizer, and the Lava Cake for dessert, and thought they both were very good. My wife had the Chopped Salad and the Tiramisu. She found the salad TOO chopped, and the Tiramisu to "Heavy". (I'm not sure what that means.). Probably my biggest complaint is that, because the casino allows smoking, in the gaming areas, the odor bleeds through with the restaurant door opening and shutting regularly. Maybe a heavily filtered area BETWEEN DOUBLE DOORS would help.Special Features:
- Great!pat351vDined on 9/19/2014Food was incredible! Will definitely return! It was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLindaJoDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant just reopened 2days before Detroit Restaurant week. We ordered Osco Buco which was tasteless. Salt and pepper was requested because there was not any on the table, one large set was being shared among the whole restaurant!!!!! We shared dessert, one order chocolate lava cake the other Tiramisu. The chocolate lava cake was good, the Tiramisu was very different, had a banana flavor --definitely eatable BUT no where near the real stuff! Our server was pleasant but not real knowledgeable about all the dishes except rather or not they where going to be on the regular menu. Entertainment was pleasant, a live duo, a welcome surprise since we dined early.
- Food and othersazarDined on 9/19/2014Very nice place for non kid occasion. Service and food was very good. Love the chopped salad and rice balls.Special Features:
- Prism reviewkarenzDined on 9/19/2014Very pretty inside - food was very good - nice selection of specialty drinks also. Our server was outstanding - one of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the PRISM reviews archive.