Print Works Bistro
702 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Print Works Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.printworksbistro.com/
- Phone: 3363790699
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6:30pm - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday, 7:30am – 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:15am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 4:00pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday, 4:00pm -11:00pm; Bar: Monday – Thursday, until 11:30PM, Friday – Saturday, until 1:00am, Sunday, until 11:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: Breakfast 7:30am-11:00am; Dinner menu plus traditional favorites 12 noon - 8pm; Bar open until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Leigh Hesling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our event spaces in Proximity Hotel with wonderful vistas are grand places for a wedding, meeting, business conference, bar/bat mitzvah or family reunion for up to 200 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Weaver, Latham, White Oak, and Revolution Rooms plus our four lobby level suites create 7,300 square feet of event space. Customized menus are created by the Chef's at Print Works Bistro.
- Private Party Facilities: Our event spaces in Proximity Hotel with wonderful vistas are grand places for a wedding, meeting, business conference, bar/bat mitzvah or family reunion for up to 200 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Weaver, Latham, White Oak, and Revolution Rooms plus our four lobby level suites create 7,300 square feet of event space. Customized menus are created by the Chef's at Print Works Bistro.
- Private Party Contact: Martin Hunt 3363798200
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday Nights 7PM - 10PM
No Cover Charge
- Special Events: Wednesday Night Special: Mussels-Wine-Music
* Each Wednesday evening we feature Chef Leigh Hesling's Mussels (more for less, with our house-cut fries) for $15, * Five wines from $10 to $15 a bottle, and * Live acoustic music from 7-10 PM by AM rOdeO.
Visit our website for 2013 Cooking Class Series and more events.
A word from Print Works Bistro
Print Works Bistro uses fresh local ingredients to create extraordinary flavors and creative comfort foods. Enjoy traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European-French Bistros at this restaurant adjacent to the LEED Platinum, eco-green Proximity Hotel. The vibrant dining room has walls of windows overlooking the gardens, with outdoor dining on the creek-side terrace. Plus, private dining areas accommodate up to 150 guests for a special event or wedding. The wonderful wine list features many by the glass. The friendly, honest drinking bar has carefully crafted cocktails and small plates of spirited soulful food. Weekly live music and mussels special every Wednesday night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Print Works Bistro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Print Works Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)fit for foodies (130)romantic (126)great for outdoor dining (120)great for brunch (106)good for groups (91)notable wine list (82)great for lunch (81)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (42)scenic view (37)hot spot (25)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Very pretty restaurantsfoodwineandsongVIPDined on 9/27/2014I took my High Point freshman to dinner here and she loved it. The restaurants itself is beautiful - we sat outside in the outdoor lounge (sofas) appetizers and then moved to the outdoor patio for dinner. The bar drinks were excellent and the food was very good. She has the chicken paillard and said it was delicious as was my risotto and my husband's short ribs. The service was very good - very friendly and professional. Would definitely go back there next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Service was beyond POOR.DanaPVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our server, 78 Mark, was awful. We sat for 25 minutes before we were even approached. Never introduced himself, never apologized for the wait, never asked if we were interested in ordering cocktails. Went straight to "Let me take your order". He did not deserve the 20 percent tip we reluctantly left him. Will not return.Special Features:
- The Orange BeetheorangebeeDined on 9/24/2014After leaving a poor review back in May. Terrible service and undercooked food-we decided to give PrintWorks another try. FIrst impression on this visit - when host (man) seats two ladies, one clearly a senior citizen, 80+, since when in a 4 star restaurant does he not pull out a chair for one if not both ladies? Off to a disconcerting start! On this visit the waiter did a cheerful job of waiting our table. Much improved over our last visit. Our food was good and properly cooked on this visit, except the brussell sprouts on my plate were overcooked and mushy. I still enjoy the ambience in this restaurant yet find the food to be good not excellent. I am hoping this will be remedied in the near future as I want to love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentRobertDined on 9/24/2014We have eaten at Print Works Bistro many times, and it is always excellent. This time, I had a salad for starters and the shrimp-mushroom risotto for my meal. Everything was great. For dessert, I had beignets, which were good but not particularly special. My wife had a coconut creme brulee, which was outstanding. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- Classic lookSalesDudeDined on 9/24/2014Cocktails to start set the tone for the evening. Great bar scene with live music on Wed nights. Very friendly staff and patrons. The food was average, risotto was not cooked and scallops were overdone. But hey, I am a very particular foodie, others might be willing to overlook.Special Features:
- Always graciousTwoWsDined on 9/21/2014We love Print Works - it fits so many occasions. This one was my spouse's birthday and we each had wonderful meals and great wine from their more than ample list. The presentation is always elegant. Print Works is always a gracious choice whether for a special business dinner or pre-post movie or play.Special Features:
- An almost great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Two of my friends and I met at Print Works for brunch last Sunday. It was almost great. The atmosphere was wonderful, the service was top drawer. Most of the food was perfectly prepared. The potatoes were yummy bits of fried goodness, our bacon ( ordered at different points from soft to extra crunchy) was exactly as ordered. And then we tried to eat the eggs. Two of us asked that our eggs be scrambled medium with cheese added, our friend asked for hers' to be scrambled as soft as possible. We all got the same eggs---brown, dry, tough. A woman nderful brunch spoiled by a cook unable to properly scramble an egg and a manager who failed to recognize it.Special Features:
- Great Eats!ladnalexDined on 9/21/2014Interesting and tasty menu options -- hard to choose! We all enjoyed our meals and were pleased by the price. We will definitely go back next time we're in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was excellent. The atmosphere was light, reminding us of restaurants we visit in South Beach. Great for family dining.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Place in Greensboro!Libby4577Dined on 9/11/2014This is our 2nd time at Print Works and we were not disappointed. Food is wonderful and service was great!Special Features:
- Exceptional DinnerTisalsDined on 9/9/2014Dinner was fabulous and service was exceptional. Fondue and risotto were everything I expected. Only criticism is the peach tart for dessert. It was flat and tasteless. The server actually indicated most people didn't like it and comp'd the item. Will definitely go back but try a different dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort Dining in the middle of townfoodieparentsDined on 9/7/2014PrintWorks has an enticing, luxury type of appeal and decor. It is comforting and refreshing, very elegant. Music selection was perfect and set the mood for a relaxing but exhilarating time. We couldn't make up our minds so we ordered an additional entree and shared them all. Best corned beef (REAL corned beef) we've ever had, delicious omelettes, french toast, and beignets. All at a reasonable price. I'd go there any time I'm in Greensboro. Didn't have any room for dessert but would love to try it. I'd submitted special requests with our reservation for our anniversary and they made it seamlessly perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Our dining experience was very good. We were seated promptly and bread and water appeared immediately. They have a very good selection of wines by the glass. We specifically went on Wednesday evening for the mussels. They were fresh and tasty and plentiful. I will go back.Special Features:
- Another creative, excellent mealEsmie2Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I enjoyed our meal. Relatively quiet, and good, unobtrusive service. Excellent food. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent meal and atmosphereJerryDined on 8/31/2014Food was excellent and presented quite artistically! Wine list is very good. Atmosphere of dining room is calm and relaxing making for a very good time to relax, enjoy good food and have good conversations with dinner partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedrobustnc1Dined on 8/31/2014Took our daughter, a UNCG student, to Sunday brunch. The setting is formal and impressive but the atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. Very good service and excellent food. Will surely return.Special Features:
- Beautiful and pleasant experiencedoeeyesVIPDined on 8/31/2014I adore the ambiance here: it has an indoor/outdoor feeling with pleasant celadon colors and elegant drapes and textures. The patio is a small oasis. The service here is usually discreet yet attentive which is my preference. The servers have a professional demeanor. I haven't had a knockout meal here, but I haven't had a bad one either, so I rated the food three stars. The menu is kind of a crowd pleaser. Great place for brunch, and I love the modern eco-friendly vibe with the rustic setting.Special Features:
- Fabulous Date NightAdventurousfoodieDined on 8/30/2014The salmon was excellent and the creme brûlée was fabulous! Highly recommend this place for a foodie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 8/30/2014The food was very disappointing. Shrimp dip app was good, bread with roasted garlic very good. Beef stroganoff special very bland. Lamb 2 ways the sausage was ok, the lamb chops were over cooked and one had a very strong taste and odor. The potato cke was very flavorful.
- Just Lovelyjeap28Dined on 8/30/2014The wait staff was excellent and knowledgeable. Food was divine, especially the dessert and wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Good food good service nothing was bad would have liked some bread or comp taste of wine while waiting but all in all it was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediumrare4meDined on 8/29/2014I've dined at Print Works seven or eight times-both for lunch and for dinner over the last four years. It never disappoints. I live about an hour away, and the drive to and from has never been considered a reason not to return. The food, service, and ambiance are all great whether seated inside or outside. The CD selections played during evening hours provide a nice classy touch. Both greeting desk staff and wait staff are knowledgeable and courteous. It's always a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch spot in GreensboroGin1Dined on 8/29/2014We came, we ate - - and everything was fantastic. I brought 2 friends for their birthdays, one was 92 and the other only 80. We were blown away by the wonderful birthday desserts. Our meals were outstanding and the wait staff allowed us all the time in the world to not only enjoy the meal, but our time together. Thank You Virginia RiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEEELISH!JasonFDined on 8/27/2014Greensboro has an absolute gem in Print Works Bistro - having just moved to town early this summer I have found my new FAVORITE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprised...LizzieLizzieDined on 8/24/2014Service was only "fair", I understand when beverage refills are slow at the height of brunch but when the crowd thins out it would be nice to have service be a little more attentive. Our server was pleasant but I got the feeling she was working on her side duties in the back of the house after the crowd left. Service is usually great so perhaps this server was new. How about a little more chocolate sauce on the beignets? Little drizzles.... Wine list great as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014We took our daughter here before dropping her at school. It was the perfect spot. We were seated outside. The food was excellent and atmosphere very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014We were in Greensboro dropping our daughter off at college. We had the opportunity to try 3 area restaurants-thought this the best by far.Special Features:
- Print Work Bistro a mustAngelaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Second visit. Excellent food,service and ambiance. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014What a fantastic find, we love going to Print Works on Wednesdays for the Chefs Mussels and special deals on wine! The food, ambiance and service could not be better! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MrKPLDined on 8/16/2014If you live in or are passing through Greensboro, you must eat at Print Works. I must tell you that we had a party of three and dropped $300, and that was wine, an app, salads, an entree and dessert (plus tip). But it is totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DeanDined on 8/16/2014Service and food were great! A variety choices and affordable for a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchRobfromRaleighDined on 8/16/2014A nice brunch menu in a lovely setting. Only one complaint: overly air-conditioned - cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDordocclemDined on 8/16/2014I have dined at Print Works twice in three days, a Thursday evening for dessert and a Saturday brunch. Everything was wonderful except for the drink service. We had to repeatedly ask for refills of water and coffee. Other than that it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicureDined on 8/14/2014Exceptional food, great outdoor setting, incredible service. The kitchen is producing some great hits! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOTALLY PLEASEDJudeDined on 8/11/2014We were taking our 90 year old friend to brunch to have her favorite breakfast, eggs benedict. OMG, this place was fabulous. The gardens that surround the restaurant is the perfect ambience and was enhanced by the lovely music that wafted through the air. Now the food. This was truly the best eggs benedict we all have had, and our friend is very hard to please. She loved it. The staff were wonderful as well.Special Features:
- Print Works BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The ambience was nice and the food was ok for the price.Special Features:
- Amazing food and great serviceKD1966Dined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a good place to eat out for our 24th wedding anniversary; I had never heard of Print Works Bistro and my wife had never been there, although sh knew where it was located. They had the OpenTable reservation right on there main web page, so it was easy to make the reservation. The inside atmosphere was incredible; the table seating was open, but it felt more private with the curtains and the table distances. The service staff was very nice and helpful, the menu prices were reasonable, the food was great, and there was very little wait time between ordering and receiving our food. We will certainly go back again; I think I have a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMsRiffiDined on 8/6/2014Met a girlfriend for Wednesday night dinner. Enjoyed the delicious mussel special and the fondue appetizer. Our server, Isaac was quite professional ank knowledge. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynneDDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time at the bistro and we will certainly dine there again! Food was delicious and the decor was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of a good thing!PatsyMacDined on 8/2/2014I started with the Gazpacho, which turned out to be the best in town--not too vinegary, as everyone else seems to think necessary. If it had contained a few chopped veggies, it would have been perfect! For entree, I ordered something new for me--Croques Monsieur--and loved it, but the serving was so large I could only eat about half of the food. Because of the preparation, I didn't think the leftovers would travel well so regretfully left them on the plate (the cottage potatoes were a bit stale but still tasty). My companion is in a rut over the Lemon Chicken Paillard, which she swears is the best thing on the menu, and does travel well, so she took her leftovers home. The server was a bit disappointing, since service is usually excellent.Special Features: