Print Works Bistro
702 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Print Works Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.printworksbistro.com/
- Phone: 3363790699
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6:30pm - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday, 7:30am – 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:15am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 4:00pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday, 4:00pm -11:00pm; Bar: Monday – Thursday, until 11:30PM, Friday – Saturday, until 1:00am, Sunday, until 11:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: Breakfast 7:30am-11:00am; Dinner menu plus traditional favorites 12 noon - 8pm; Bar open until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Leigh Hesling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our event spaces in Proximity Hotel with wonderful vistas are grand places for a wedding, meeting, business conference, bar/bat mitzvah or family reunion for up to 200 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Weaver, Latham, White Oak, and Revolution Rooms plus our four lobby level suites create 7,300 square feet of event space. Customized menus are created by the Chef's at Print Works Bistro.
- Private Party Facilities: Our event spaces in Proximity Hotel with wonderful vistas are grand places for a wedding, meeting, business conference, bar/bat mitzvah or family reunion for up to 200 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Weaver, Latham, White Oak, and Revolution Rooms plus our four lobby level suites create 7,300 square feet of event space. Customized menus are created by the Chef's at Print Works Bistro.
- Private Party Contact: Martin Hunt 3363798200
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday Nights 7PM - 10PM
No Cover Charge
- Special Events: Wednesday Night Special: Mussels-Wine-Music
* Each Wednesday evening we feature Chef Leigh Hesling's Mussels (more for less, with our house-cut fries) for $15, * Five wines from $10 to $15 a bottle, and * Live acoustic music from 7-10 PM by AM rOdeO.
Visit our website for 2013 Cooking Class Series and more events.
A word from Print Works Bistro
Print Works Bistro uses fresh local ingredients to create extraordinary flavors and creative comfort foods. Enjoy traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European-French Bistros at this restaurant adjacent to the LEED Platinum, eco-green Proximity Hotel. The vibrant dining room has walls of windows overlooking the gardens, with outdoor dining on the creek-side terrace. Plus, private dining areas accommodate up to 150 guests for a special event or wedding. The wonderful wine list features many by the glass. The friendly, honest drinking bar has carefully crafted cocktails and small plates of spirited soulful food. Weekly live music and mussels special every Wednesday night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Print Works Bistro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Print Works Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)great for outdoor dining (151)romantic (150)fit for foodies (140)great for brunch (135)good for groups (105)great for lunch (100)notable wine list (98)neighborhood gem (66)vibrant bar scene (50)scenic view (50)hot spot (33)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Excellent meal and atmosphereJerryDined on 8/31/2014Food was excellent and presented quite artistically! Wine list is very good. Atmosphere of dining room is calm and relaxing making for a very good time to relax, enjoy good food and have good conversations with dinner partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedrobustnc1Dined on 8/31/2014Took our daughter, a UNCG student, to Sunday brunch. The setting is formal and impressive but the atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. Very good service and excellent food. Will surely return.Special Features:
- Fabulous Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The salmon was excellent and the creme brûlée was fabulous! Highly recommend this place for a foodie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very disappointing. Shrimp dip app was good, bread with roasted garlic very good. Beef stroganoff special very bland. Lamb 2 ways the sausage was ok, the lamb chops were over cooked and one had a very strong taste and odor. The potato cke was very flavorful.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Good food good service nothing was bad would have liked some bread or comp taste of wine while waiting but all in all it was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I've dined at Print Works seven or eight times-both for lunch and for dinner over the last four years. It never disappoints. I live about an hour away, and the drive to and from has never been considered a reason not to return. The food, service, and ambiance are all great whether seated inside or outside. The CD selections played during evening hours provide a nice classy touch. Both greeting desk staff and wait staff are knowledgeable and courteous. It's always a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch spot in GreensboroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We came, we ate - - and everything was fantastic. I brought 2 friends for their birthdays, one was 92 and the other only 80. We were blown away by the wonderful birthday desserts. Our meals were outstanding and the wait staff allowed us all the time in the world to not only enjoy the meal, but our time together. Thank You Virginia RiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEEELISH!JasonFDined on 8/27/2014Greensboro has an absolute gem in Print Works Bistro - having just moved to town early this summer I have found my new FAVORITE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprised...LizzieLizzieDined on 8/24/2014Service was only "fair", I understand when beverage refills are slow at the height of brunch but when the crowd thins out it would be nice to have service be a little more attentive. Our server was pleasant but I got the feeling she was working on her side duties in the back of the house after the crowd left. Service is usually great so perhaps this server was new. How about a little more chocolate sauce on the beignets? Little drizzles.... Wine list great as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014We took our daughter here before dropping her at school. It was the perfect spot. We were seated outside. The food was excellent and atmosphere very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014We were in Greensboro dropping our daughter off at college. We had the opportunity to try 3 area restaurants-thought this the best by far.Special Features:
- Print Work Bistro a mustAngelaDined on 8/21/2014Second visit. Excellent food,service and ambiance. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014What a fantastic find, we love going to Print Works on Wednesdays for the Chefs Mussels and special deals on wine! The food, ambiance and service could not be better! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MrKPLDined on 8/16/2014If you live in or are passing through Greensboro, you must eat at Print Works. I must tell you that we had a party of three and dropped $300, and that was wine, an app, salads, an entree and dessert (plus tip). But it is totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DeanDined on 8/16/2014Service and food were great! A variety choices and affordable for a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchRobfromRaleighDined on 8/16/2014A nice brunch menu in a lovely setting. Only one complaint: overly air-conditioned - cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDordocclemDined on 8/16/2014I have dined at Print Works twice in three days, a Thursday evening for dessert and a Saturday brunch. Everything was wonderful except for the drink service. We had to repeatedly ask for refills of water and coffee. Other than that it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicureDined on 8/14/2014Exceptional food, great outdoor setting, incredible service. The kitchen is producing some great hits! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOTALLY PLEASEDJudeDined on 8/11/2014We were taking our 90 year old friend to brunch to have her favorite breakfast, eggs benedict. OMG, this place was fabulous. The gardens that surround the restaurant is the perfect ambience and was enhanced by the lovely music that wafted through the air. Now the food. This was truly the best eggs benedict we all have had, and our friend is very hard to please. She loved it. The staff were wonderful as well.Special Features:
- Print Works BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The ambience was nice and the food was ok for the price.Special Features:
- Amazing food and great serviceKD1966Dined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a good place to eat out for our 24th wedding anniversary; I had never heard of Print Works Bistro and my wife had never been there, although sh knew where it was located. They had the OpenTable reservation right on there main web page, so it was easy to make the reservation. The inside atmosphere was incredible; the table seating was open, but it felt more private with the curtains and the table distances. The service staff was very nice and helpful, the menu prices were reasonable, the food was great, and there was very little wait time between ordering and receiving our food. We will certainly go back again; I think I have a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMsRiffiDined on 8/6/2014Met a girlfriend for Wednesday night dinner. Enjoyed the delicious mussel special and the fondue appetizer. Our server, Isaac was quite professional ank knowledge. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynneDDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time at the bistro and we will certainly dine there again! Food was delicious and the decor was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of a good thing!PatsyMacDined on 8/2/2014I started with the Gazpacho, which turned out to be the best in town--not too vinegary, as everyone else seems to think necessary. If it had contained a few chopped veggies, it would have been perfect! For entree, I ordered something new for me--Croques Monsieur--and loved it, but the serving was so large I could only eat about half of the food. Because of the preparation, I didn't think the leftovers would travel well so regretfully left them on the plate (the cottage potatoes were a bit stale but still tasty). My companion is in a rut over the Lemon Chicken Paillard, which she swears is the best thing on the menu, and does travel well, so she took her leftovers home. The server was a bit disappointing, since service is usually excellent.Special Features:
- Where we first metLadyGent2010Dined on 8/1/2014Print works will always be special to my wife and I, as we first met there through an online date site. Four years later, it still holds a sentimental place for both of us, but personal feelings aside, it is just a great place to eat. We especially love dining out on the patio. Great food, great service, and try the hotel too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juppeats4starjuppeatsVIPDined on 8/1/2014My guest and I had a wonderful meal at PrintWorks. Seated efficiently in a nice spot to enjoy the lovely interior and, through the plentiful windows, the garden views. Our server was great; non-intrusive but attentive and very professional. My guest had the onion soup which she enjoyed. Nice appetizer portion, unlike other places that give you too much. I had the beet salad. Would have preferred actual cheese on it rather than just the cheese flavored croutons (that had very little cheese flavor). My guest had the mussels. Nice number with wonderful white white sauce and bread for soaking it up. I enjoyed the salmon done just the way I like it. Verts perfectly done. Would have preferred potatoes to be smoother and more buttery.Special Features:
- Greensboro's GemSandyDined on 7/30/2014We came to Print Works to entertain business guests. We sat outside on a lovely Wednesday evening and listened to some great Jazz. The view from the terrace was beautiful. Our servicer Ben was impeccable. The food was great. We started with the mussels, then each of us had something different for dinner. Each dish fit for a foodie. Our guests had a great time and were impressed with my choice of restaurants, so when I look good the Bistro looks great. We are coming back for The Wednesday night Jazz!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Night OutDivaDinerDined on 7/29/2014Fabulous! We sat on the terrace and ate, drank great wine and chatted for 3 hours. Menu is fit for foodies and priced appropriately. I have been here for brunch and it is the best in town! Their assorted Benedicts and Hashes are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating and DeliciousILoveFoodandWineDined on 7/29/2014The food was fantastic and our server was attentive and accommodating. We sat outside in the corner by a tree and had some issues with flies, but once we told the staff, they quickly relocated us and re-issued our wine (a fly flew in it). I was very pleased with how they handled the situation and it ended up enhancing my experience. I would definitely eat here again. As we were leaving, the inside atmosphere looked fun as well so it would be something I would be interested in checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchThumperVIPDined on 7/29/2014As always, one of my favorite restaurants for lunch Weather was perfect for outdoor dining & good food, good company, & good service made it a special eventSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDateniteDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere. The dinner meal was good, not great, and the desserts were not tasty at all. The bengets and almond cake were tasteless. Our server did not come back to check after the meal was served. I had to get the attention of another server to get my coffee refilled. The atmosphere is lovely.Special Features:
- Great Summer MenutriciaDined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful outdoor dinner experience. Fresh summer menu with lots of options. Loved the tomato flatbread! Great service. that allowed us to get to an 8pm concert without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- A off nightTLreviewDined on 7/24/2014We try to go to Print works at least monthly, but tonight was a really off night. While we staff was very good, the food had a lot to want. Two of us had French onion soup, the broth was really watered down and generally very tasteless. I had the steak frites, usually a very dependable dish, it was cold and basically bland. They comp'd the dessert as they were out of the wine we requested and knowing the food issues. Another diner of our group had the trout and again very tasteless. While I have given 4, 5 stars in the past, I cannot now. Plus we may want a while before trying PW again.
- Anniversary Dinnermwc121212Dined on 7/23/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner. The service was excellent and our waiter even brought us a complimentary dessert which was very thoughtful. I had the mussel special and mine was very good. My husband had the scallops and was disappointed for the price point. Our salads (house and beet) were both very good.Special Features:
- Terrific Celebration BrunchBlackandWhiteReviewsVIPDined on 7/20/2014With my parents living in Durham, and our living in Charlotte, we chose Print Works Bistro as the perfect middle location for us to meet for my mom's birthday brunch. We took a substantial amount of time at brunch, based on our own leisurely pace, and never felt rushed or an inconvenience. Coffee was always refilled, and the staff was attentive, without being nosy or pushy - a delicate balance I am most often unable to find in such a setting. This will certainly be our perfect meeting ground for all future special occasions - I cannot wait to come back and try dinner!Special Features:
- Outstanding Brunchjezc65Dined on 7/20/2014Had family in from Texas and totally enjoyed our relaxing Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctrtleDined on 7/19/2014Truffle fries are the best! Ambiance was good except for a rather loud table of 8 near us. Service was very prompt and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationFoodie2shoesDined on 7/17/2014As always, the food and service were excellent. I always think of Print Works first when we are celebrating a special occasion with friends. The salmon was fresh and wonderfully seasoned. Our server was attentive and efficient. Thank you and keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Best Pork Belly Ever!GreensboroFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Thank goodness the food here is so fantastic, because the service really continues to be sub-par every time we go. We try to look past it but the bad service has definitely put a damper on some of our experiences there. But the food is superb, and the ambience delightful, and that is what keeps up coming back. Only wish we could have given 5 stars for service as well as food and atmosphere. Also, we went for mussel night, and they were all out! Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewWhanABDined on 7/13/2014Accommodating all around. Excellent food. Excellent service. Atmosphere Equals 42% TIP. Everyone Happy. We did not check the wines but I did see and know some wines by State Law do not come in as would like Callaway wine to come in fume' blanc ..........Special Features: