Print Works Bistro
702 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Print Works Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.printworksbistro.com/
- Phone: (336) 379-0699
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6:30pm - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday, 7:30am – 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:15am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 4:00pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday, 4:00pm -11:00pm; Bar: Monday – Thursday, until 11:30PM, Friday – Saturday, until 1:00am, Sunday, until 11:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: Breakfast 7:30am-11:00am; Dinner menu plus traditional favorites 12 noon - 8pm; Bar open until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Leigh Hesling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our event spaces in Proximity Hotel with wonderful vistas are grand places for a wedding, meeting, business conference, bar/bat mitzvah or family reunion for up to 200 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Weaver, Latham, White Oak, and Revolution Rooms plus our four lobby level suites create 7,300 square feet of event space. Customized menus are created by the Chef's at Print Works Bistro.
- Private Party Facilities: Our event spaces in Proximity Hotel with wonderful vistas are grand places for a wedding, meeting, business conference, bar/bat mitzvah or family reunion for up to 200 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Weaver, Latham, White Oak, and Revolution Rooms plus our four lobby level suites create 7,300 square feet of event space. Customized menus are created by the Chef's at Print Works Bistro.
- Private Party Contact: Martin Hunt 3363798200
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday Nights 7PM - 10PM
No Cover Charge
- Special Events: Wednesday Night Special: Mussels-Wine-Music
* Each Wednesday evening we feature Chef Leigh Hesling's Mussels (more for less, with our house-cut fries) for $15, * Five wines from $10 to $15 a bottle, and * Live acoustic music from 7-10 PM by AM rOdeO.
Visit our website for 2013 Cooking Class Series and more events.
A word from Print Works Bistro
Print Works Bistro uses fresh local ingredients to create extraordinary flavors and creative comfort foods. Enjoy traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European-French Bistros at this restaurant adjacent to the LEED Platinum, eco-green Proximity Hotel. The vibrant dining room has walls of windows overlooking the gardens, with outdoor dining on the creek-side terrace. Plus, private dining areas accommodate up to 150 guests for a special event or wedding. The wonderful wine list features many by the glass. The friendly, honest drinking bar has carefully crafted cocktails and small plates of spirited soulful food. Weekly live music and mussels special every Wednesday night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Print Works Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)fit for foodies (134)romantic (124)great for outdoor dining (92)notable wine list (91)good for groups (85)great for brunch (82)great for lunch (69)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (44)scenic view (28)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great fun!FranDined on 11/19/2014Dancing was fun after enjoying the mussel special and half priced wines on Wednesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely over the top!! Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The staff is exceptional! Food (as always) perfect! Everyone (the whole Staff, Chef(s), Servers, Bartenders, & Managers) is always on their game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every meal at Print Works is specialLindaBDined on 11/17/2014When we needed a special restaurant with great food, a great wine list, and great ambiance, Print Works was our first choice. Our guests had never been there, and they were blown away. From the flatbreads, to the shrimp appetizer, to the lamb chops and butternut squash & shrimp rissoto all the way to the dessert sampler, every dish was great. The service for both the food and the wine was impeccable. Worth every penny and the 30 mile drive for us to get there. We look forward to repeating this dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration at PrintworksPadreDined on 11/16/2014I had the French onion soup, which was just about the best I have ever had. I debated long and hard, but decided to try the meatloaf and it was a good choice. Definitely different, but very tasty. My table companions (3) including the birthday girl, had the salt cod appetizers and pronounced them excellent. The other main dishes were the shrimp & duck confit; the sliced chicken, and the salmon. We had an excellent wine to go with it all. Although we did not mention it directly, our server picked up on the fact that there was a birthday and provided a complementary dessert. Only negative thing I found was the gin-and-tonic I ordered at the beginning was pretty skimpy for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014My teenage son and I visited for Sunday brunch. We're from out-of-town and were immediately impressed by the restaurant setting - draperies, windows, tasteful mirrors, and tailored seating. We thought that we might be in for something special and we were. We started with the truffle fries (teenager!) and they were very tasty. My son ordered the smoked salmon eggs benedict and I ordered corned beef hash. (If I weren't lactose-intolerant, I could have done some heavy-duty damage) I could tell he enjoyed his meal because conversation stopped when the food arrived. My corned beef was very tender and tasty. The eggs were perfectly cooked. Good hot coffee finished the meal. Our server was not bubbly, but very attentive even though the restaurant was packed. I'm hoping to visit the area again in several months and we'll be back. I want to try their dinner menu the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamena KingMenaKDined on 11/15/2014My group and I had an enjoyable experience this past Saturday. We arrived 20 minutes ahead of our reservation and were promptly escorted to our table. Overall the customer service we experienced was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great place for weekend brunch! The staff were wonderful, the ambience is great, and the food was absolutely delicious! Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing and beautifullexilouDined on 11/14/2014Great atmosphere and very beautiful. I wish it was warmer would have love to set outside it looked like and a great place to relax. The salmon was very good and my date loved the cheeseburger. the service was great and very attenitive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightgerigaryDined on 11/12/2014Not only are there great wine and food specials but excellent service and music that creates a very romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagKerwoodDined on 11/11/2014The ambience, even though noisy, is delightful at Print Works. My truffle fries, as always, were delicious. The French onion soup was also good. The guest I brought with me from out of town ordered the pepper-encrusted tuna. Unfortunately, the pepper was so overwhelming he couldn't even taste the tuna (though a bland fish), had to drink water (which our waiter let empty for long periods of time - not a very attentive waiter) and ultimately leave three-fourths of the meal untouched. The wine was excellent and much more pleasant for my guest once his mouth lost some of the peppery after taste. Once the dinner rush subsided the place quieted and we were able to savor our wine in a beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Great Location!LuvThisPlaceVIPDined on 11/8/2014We love Print Works Bistro! It has every thing you could imagine. It is elegant if you want elegance, but it is also casual friendly. And no matter what, you are treated like royalty! The food is always top notch and the service is better. Can't wait for our next meal at Print Works!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibleawbrown3Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I visited Print Works for the first time this weekend. We had the beef stroganoff and the meatloaf. Both options were incredible. The menu is fairly pricey, but we think it is rightly so! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday at the BistrogerigaryDined on 11/5/2014Again with the music, wine and mussel specials, dinner is hard to beat in every way. Just a great overall time listening and dancing on a needed date night.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualPrintWorksFanDined on 11/2/2014Print Works Bistro never fails to impress. This was our first time there for brunch. It was delicious and the service was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime for a Special DinnerDrRoadQueenDined on 10/30/2014We had our anniversary dinner here, and couldn't be more pleased with the entire experience. The food was flavorful (not just grilled veggies for me - a vegetarian), the wait staff was attentive but not hovering, and an unexpected plus was the Beatles music playing in the background. When our server heard it was our anniversary, she brought us a sweet desert treat. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat near Paul McCartney's band!MLB10SDined on 10/29/2014What a great way to kick off our pre-concert festivities and get to sit across from some of Paul McCartney's band members!! That just made our dinner even more special! Dinner at Print Works...$89.00, 2 bottles of wine...$24.00, listening to AM Rodeo and sitting near Paul MCartney's band...PRICELESS!! Had a great time at the concert the next night too!! What a great week!!Special Features:
- I'll be back!IfeanyiDined on 10/29/2014This is my third time eating at the Print Works and it is definitely not the last time. I drive from Burlington and do it with pleasure in anticipation of the great food, excellent wine, and outstanding service. I recommend without reservation - though I also recommend you make a reservation when you go to eat here!Special Features:
- DeliciousPatGDined on 10/29/2014Our tennis team ate lunch there - 13 of us - and every meal that was ordered was delicious. Service was excellent - though it was a little slow getting the food. Patio setting was beautiful and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2014Always great food, service and atmosphere. One of our go-to places for a nice, relaxing dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Occasion Treat!habitformingDined on 10/25/2014I love trying new places and I love dining out. That being said I've dined at Printworks Bistro 5 or 6 times now and it's a constant contender for any special occasions that come up!Special Features:
- Never been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014I've had a different item every time I've visited Printworks and have not been disappointed yet. This visit I had the Shrimp & Butternut Squash risotto and it was amazing! I'm not even a goat cheese fan but it went so well with the freshness of the shrimp and the crunchiness of the walnuts. I had girlfriends in town for NC A&T SU homecoming and knew this would be the perfect place for our foodie palettes. The leftovers tasted even better the next day. Kudos to our waitress for the awesome meal recommendation.Special Features:
- another top 3 in GreensborofoodyforsureDined on 10/24/2014Wonderful atmosphere and well-trained servers who are prompt without hurrying you. I had the short ribs bourguignon that would make Julia Child smile. My wife had the trout which was equally spectacular. Good wine list also. We sat at a table so that the well designed outdoor lighting around the garden added to our experience. Truly wonderful in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceStarburst23Dined on 10/24/2014The best service to could imagine was given to us by an awesome young man, I wish I could remember his name! No more than 23yrs., he had mentioned to a couple nearby that he had been employed at an Outback restaurant for a short time. He was on point & walked & stood with such elegance! He wished us a happy anniversary and gave us a choice of a complementary dessert....we choose the vanilla cheesecake /gingerbread crust with apple compote & raspberry drizzle...an amazing delicious experience! Not only was the food awesome but the service put the experience over the top! Highly recommend a visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodbugreenandgoldDined on 10/21/2014Absolutely a must visit if you are in the Greensboro area. We had the butternut squash risotto with shrimp, goat cheese, and walnuts. It was amazing. Portions are large, we could have shared. I had the ice cream with the espresso poured over, served with macarons. It was delicious! Our server was polite, attentive, and appeared the perfect amount of times, and right when we needed him.Special Features:
- Best meal in GreensboroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Getting a good meal in Greensboro was a challenge. In my experience most restaurants have average to below average food compared other cities. Print was an exception. The menu was solid and everything we ate was tasty and a good value. If I come back, it might be the only place I would eat during my visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reunion lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Met some long time friends here for lunch and it was absolutely perfect!!!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLuv2eatfinefoodDined on 10/17/2014Great experience all around!! The wait was short for seating, service is very responsive and professional, and the food was fit for my foodie pleasure. Can't wait until April for my second visit.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMicheleDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Print Works Bistro. I am vegetarian and our waitress recommended they could cook the Risotto without the shrimp or bacon. It was wonderful, but when the check came, they charged me $24(same price for the Risotto with shrimp and bacon). I asked for a discount and they took $5 off. Generally most restaurants charge much less for a vegetarian meal. Hopefully next time we dine here, they will automatically adjust our bill. Our bottle of wine also came after our dinner was served.Special Features:
- Magnificent EveningDiner24Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was outstanding for our 10th anniversary dinner. Unfortunately our server was also taking care of a large group so I felt that she was not as attentive to us as she might otherwise have been (i.e., our cola and tea glasses went and remained empty). We had a great evening and the food was incredible.Special Features:
- Favorite Wednesday night spot!MLB10SDined on 10/8/2014Love Print Works! It's the happening place on Wednesday nights with great food and great entertainment with Evan Olson and Jessica Mashburn! Wonderful wine specials too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening at the Printworks bistrogerigaryDined on 10/1/2014Outside dining at this neighborhood gem is beyond words. Wednesday nights with the wine specials & music make this a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Very pretty restaurantsfoodwineandsongVIPDined on 9/27/2014I took my High Point freshman to dinner here and she loved it. The restaurants itself is beautiful - we sat outside in the outdoor lounge (sofas) appetizers and then moved to the outdoor patio for dinner. The bar drinks were excellent and the food was very good. She has the chicken paillard and said it was delicious as was my risotto and my husband's short ribs. The service was very good - very friendly and professional. Would definitely go back there next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Service was beyond POOR.DanaPVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our server, 78 Mark, was awful. We sat for 25 minutes before we were even approached. Never introduced himself, never apologized for the wait, never asked if we were interested in ordering cocktails. Went straight to "Let me take your order". He did not deserve the 20 percent tip we reluctantly left him. Will not return.Special Features:
- The Orange BeetheorangebeeDined on 9/24/2014After leaving a poor review back in May. Terrible service and undercooked food-we decided to give PrintWorks another try. FIrst impression on this visit - when host (man) seats two ladies, one clearly a senior citizen, 80+, since when in a 4 star restaurant does he not pull out a chair for one if not both ladies? Off to a disconcerting start! On this visit the waiter did a cheerful job of waiting our table. Much improved over our last visit. Our food was good and properly cooked on this visit, except the brussell sprouts on my plate were overcooked and mushy. I still enjoy the ambience in this restaurant yet find the food to be good not excellent. I am hoping this will be remedied in the near future as I want to love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentRobertDined on 9/24/2014We have eaten at Print Works Bistro many times, and it is always excellent. This time, I had a salad for starters and the shrimp-mushroom risotto for my meal. Everything was great. For dessert, I had beignets, which were good but not particularly special. My wife had a coconut creme brulee, which was outstanding. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- Classic lookSalesDudeDined on 9/24/2014Cocktails to start set the tone for the evening. Great bar scene with live music on Wed nights. Very friendly staff and patrons. The food was average, risotto was not cooked and scallops were overdone. But hey, I am a very particular foodie, others might be willing to overlook.Special Features:
- Always graciousTwoWsDined on 9/21/2014We love Print Works - it fits so many occasions. This one was my spouse's birthday and we each had wonderful meals and great wine from their more than ample list. The presentation is always elegant. Print Works is always a gracious choice whether for a special business dinner or pre-post movie or play.Special Features:
- An almost great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Two of my friends and I met at Print Works for brunch last Sunday. It was almost great. The atmosphere was wonderful, the service was top drawer. Most of the food was perfectly prepared. The potatoes were yummy bits of fried goodness, our bacon ( ordered at different points from soft to extra crunchy) was exactly as ordered. And then we tried to eat the eggs. Two of us asked that our eggs be scrambled medium with cheese added, our friend asked for hers' to be scrambled as soft as possible. We all got the same eggs---brown, dry, tough. A woman nderful brunch spoiled by a cook unable to properly scramble an egg and a manager who failed to recognize it.Special Features:
- Great Eats!ladnalexDined on 9/21/2014Interesting and tasty menu options -- hard to choose! We all enjoyed our meals and were pleased by the price. We will definitely go back next time we're in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was excellent. The atmosphere was light, reminding us of restaurants we visit in South Beach. Great for family dining.Special Features: