653 Eleventh Avenue
Ink 48 Hotel
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.printrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127572224
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am – 10:45am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Print Restaurant
PRINT is one of New York City’s premiere farm-to-table dining experiences. Executive Chef Charles Rodriguez and Executive Pastry Chef Geoff Koo create dishes that are inspired from products grown in the region. PRINT’s full-time forager carefully procures ingredients that are brought in daily so guests can enjoy the best flavors that the season has to offer. Don’t miss the intimate setting of The Dens adjacent to the restaurant where specialty cocktails are handcrafted and complemented by our light fare menu. Another option, before or after dinner, is to relax at our year-round rooftop lounge, the Press Lounge, for cocktails and unobstructed views of Manhattan and the Hudson.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Print Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)special occasion (89)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (59)good for groups (50)hot spot (31)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (23)scenic view (18)late-night find (17)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Creative MenuscotmDined on 8/26/2014It was my wife's birthday. We went to the Press Lounge for cocktails and cheese platter, then Print Restaurant for dinner before seeing Motown on Broadway. Press Lounge is beautiful and the views are awesome. I had stayed at the hotel with my daughter previously and it is a great boutique hotel. Our dinner was excellent with the exception of my main course. I had the Crispy Duck which was very tough and the Farro Risotto was undercooked. It was hard. The appetizers and my wife's entrée were to die for. I would have sent mine back but we were in a rush because we had to catch a play. We will be back.Special Features:
- You can have a conversation!PaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food, decor and service were all excellent, but best of all you could hear each other talk. Don't miss the duck, and also the great view from the Press Lounge on 16th floorI would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingExpandingBoyDined on 8/22/2014This farm to table experience over delivered. Inventive recipes let the market fresh flavors soar. Service was well behind the food however. A real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening fizzled outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Party of 5, 3 celebrating birthdays, requested candles on the desserts both via Open Table and when the reservation was confirmed, we were told it would happen. Arrived promptly at 7.50, reservation at 8, table wasnt ready, waited at the bar. Told our table would be sometime longer asked if we would sit at a larger table, the table was for 10, which made it hard to talk to each other and didnt provide a good ambiance. Appetizers were great, chicken livers, octopus and tomato salad all tasty ! entrees were ok, ribs were dry, halibut was overcooked and duck was average. Looking forward to desserts and a little celebration with candles, but alas no candles, wasnt worth saying anything as the moment was missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Allergy Tolerant!muukowzDined on 8/19/2014It's so rare to go to a place and request gluten free without the server straining to control an eye roll. Our lady was super nice and even verified ingredients with the chef. Even before we showed up I had contacted via email for info and received an informative and thoughtful reply within a day. Very nice! The Press Lounge is great for views and super strong drinks. I will go there again as well. Just wish the restaurant was on the roof too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular FoodrarelydelightedDined on 8/17/2014as a frequent Restaurant diner I have to say that my meal at the Prince restaurant was superb. My first course of sauteed shrimp eggplant and scallion was spicy with unusual flavors with each element perfectly cooked. My main course of grilled pork chop with port and plum sauce, again, offered unusual combinations of taste that worked brilliantly together. Wonderful and rare surprising eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The halibut was the best I've ever eaten. A drink at the Press Lounge was a perfect way to start off our dinner.Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantgemswincDined on 8/17/2014I ate here w/ a gift certificate from a friend. The food was excellent, but the ambience is well, hotel. Nothing exceptional or engaging. Neighborhood is dreary, but it is right near the Intrepid.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant and BarDennyVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time at Print. My only disappointment was that the outstanding Branzino and Coq au Vin I and a friend had last time weren't on the menu this time. Menu is changed daily depending on what's fresh and available, so stay flexible and be open to surprises. We were NOT disappointed in the halibut and pork chop we substituted. The food is superb; the room is elegant and beautiful; the service both warm and professional. Advice: Go early and have a drink at the 16th floor bar -- I think it's called the Press Box, or something like that -- with generous outdoor seating overlooking the Hudson in one direction and the rest of Manhattan in the other. One of the nicest bars in NYC (with a staff to match).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great anniversary dinnergrtmealoutDined on 8/16/2014The service was wonderful, as was the food. We felt very welcomed.Special Features:
- We Love Print!foodiesVIPDined on 8/15/2014We love this restaurant! Never fails to thrill us with great food, decor and service..the staff couldn't be nicer.Special Features:
- Hidden find on the new 11th AvenueAndiamoVIPDined on 8/14/2014In the "W" cool-like Ink Hotel, Print is a gem. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Waiters who know what to recommend, great drinks, creative and delicious menu for both fish and meat. Only complaint is the wine list has too little choice, pricewise...Special Features:
- Great FoodhappyDinerDined on 8/13/2014Its a pricey upbeat restaurant, but the food is really good and so is the service! Perfect for special occasions!Special Features:
- Service - Above and BeyondrobbymDined on 8/10/2014I celebrated my anniversary here, and the wait staff was kind enough to bring in two desserts with candles on them. It had "Happy Anniversary" written on the desserts. It was a great touch, and my wife and I really appreciated the extra effort. From the restaurant, heading to Press Lounge on the rooftop is a must.Special Features:
- DeliciousLeanneDined on 8/10/2014Had a late night dinner upon arriving in NYC. Delicious meal and very prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the wayShanechef1Dined on 8/10/2014Our waitress was very good and knowledgable, we ordered 2 cocktails from the menu which were just too sweet, I ended with a glass of Chardonnay and my wife a Cosmo which were good. I had the lobster tacos and my wife had the buratta apps which were very good. Unfortunately my coq en vin was terribly over porters with herbs and my wife short ribs were bullets, we couldn't have picked worse off the menu. The selection of deserts were too out there to try as we were not gonna give another course another try, Check please and exit stage left. The only reason we went there was for rooftop dining which was not available, we should left when that option was off the table
- Nice findTrutorqueDined on 8/9/2014It is a little off the beaten path, however, the food and the ambiance made it worth while. Management stopped at the table several time during the meal asking if all was well. Good service, and good food prep make up for lack of parking. PS great bar tender!Special Features:
- So greatElizabethrosevmDined on 8/8/2014We let them know at the beginning of the meal we were in a rush. They had our wine and food out and us out the door in 45mins with exception service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the appetizersnotholdingbackDined on 8/8/2014Print pulled it off because the service was so damn good. The appetizers, and we had three of them were all fantastic. But admittedly, I think we were all disappointed in our entrees. But our waitress was charming and patient. The hostess did her thing with a smile. And the manager came over to our table twice, and he made sure to say good night when we left. I'm definitely going back, because in this hard luck city, service is everything. And with the atmosphere and the appetizers, it was a win, win, situation. (i'll just throw in the bathrooms are SUPER clean as well)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Senior PartnerEdithGDined on 8/4/2014Great for business lunch and business lunch meetingsSpecial Features:
- Great spot for dinner /roof topDesigner1VIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Print several times and always enjoyed it. We've gone to the roof top bar either before or after dinner. Beautiful views !! RecommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014From the moment we entered the lounge, the staff at Print was attentive, professional and charming. It is apparent from the manager that customers come first. We had a group of six and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience. The food was excellent. My gnocchi was perfect. Meat lovers at our table raved. Can't wait to go back. The rooftop was closed for a private event so I hope to visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was not forthcoming/truthfulDiDiDined on 7/29/2014The food was great but the waiter wasn't forthcoming with the truth. We were very excited to be at Print and thought the food was delicious. When we arrived we mentioned to the waiter that we planned to go up to the roof top for drinks after dinner and he neglected to tell us that they would not allow my 14 year old daughter acess. It wasn't until we were headed up to the rooftop deck before the bouncer stopped us from having access. Lies of omission are as bad as lies of commission.
- Up date your on-line menuJeriruDined on 7/28/2014Print's online menu shows they offer a prix fix menu which the staff seem to be clueless about.
- We were disappointed.FamilyguyDined on 7/28/2014The information we found on line painted a picture of a restaurant with both awesome decor and exceptional farm to table food. While the interior was inviting, the service was dreadful - got our simple drink order wrong, did not bring one of the three starters we ordered. When I asked for it, our server dropped some plain bread on our table in its place. Frustrating. The cobb salad was good, but not great. The shrimp was well cooked and the elements went well together. My companion had the grass-fed burger and felt that the focaccia overpowered the beef. The idea of staying for dessert was gone, and we left with an experience not worth $88.00.
- A Culinary DelightCla261Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining at PRINT. and in a word...EXQUISITE! Ever aspect of the meal blended perfectly and I have been sining your praises ever since. You MUST try the Homemade Limoncello, better then what we had in Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half and halfdjpickyDined on 7/24/2014Print Restaurant in the Ink Hotel is a nice restaurant. Food was awesome. Service was so-so. Waiter arrived immediately but left after getting only one drink order. Came back to ask if we wanted bread and then it took over 20 minutes to have it served. We had to ask. Table was a super large round to accommodate the oversized chairs, it was impossible to talk to anyone other than the person immediately to your right or left. The Press Lounge upstairs is stunning. We asked our waiter for our car (Which had parked by the valet) when the check came. 15 minutes later when we left, our car wasn't there. We waited 1/2 hour for our car and then were charged $55! Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly eating in Hell's Kitchenlanguage4bizDined on 7/23/2014I recently had a business lunch at Print, and both my boss and I were in for a treat. From beginning to end, the service and food was perfect. Katrina the hostess during lunch on a Wednesday was friendly and professional. Edwin, the bartender, was also very personable. When my boss arrived, Raul, our waiter and Kristen, the manager, offered us some delicious bread with a variety of spreads. I lunched on the kale salad and vegan starter while my boss had the green salad and salmon. I've had breakfast, brunch, and lunch here. My waiter/bartender Tyrone on Sundays has become like an old friend. The cocktails at the bar are just as delicious as the dishes on the menu. A great way to spend a Sunday alone or with an entourage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/22/2014this is the real deal--exceeded already high expectations. a must booking if you are in NYCSpecial Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Great dinner with an excellent service !!!! I'm looking forward to my next visit. Don't forget to check out the rooftop after dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!opentablerDined on 7/19/2014Went to Print on Saturday night with some friends. Although it's in a hotel, it's in our neighborhood and we've been wanting to try it. Food was terrific, portions were ample and the service was great. We will definitely go back. Highly recommend the heirloom tomato and watermelon salad, the goat cheese gnocci, seared swordfish and the kale salad. We skipped dessert, but looked longingly at what the other diners were eating. After dinner, we went to the rooftop bar to take in the breathtaking skyline view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute decision and so gladDaveEDined on 7/17/2014We changed our booking at the last minute from the view restaurant to this and we had a perfect night. The food was outstanding as was the hospitality. The roof top bar was amazing and we got vip access after our meal, not sure if that's the norm but as I said the hospitality was amazing. The view from the roof top was amazing and I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting. Overall a fantastic place to eat and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Our meal at Print was excellent! Everything was fresh and service was first-rate. We'll be back...Special Features:
- A nice find far westSpudsMckenzieDined on 7/16/2014Our waiter was awesome. Very attentive and even made a wine recommendation outside the wine list for home based on myour wise tastes. The food was prompt. The gnocchi was very good and the oysters were as well. The main dishes where great presentation but the cut of duck we had had a large hard fat vein in it which made half a little had to eat. A one off I'm sure as it was perfectly cooked to medium rare. The ravioli with rabbit confit was a little blan. It was good but needed a little something extra. My only big thing is that it can get loud in there. Overall it was a good experience and for the price it was very nice. We will give it another go sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The quail appetizer was delicious! The portions were just the right size, no skimping! A definite recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!dlmack13Dined on 7/12/2014We decided to try Print before a show on Saturday night. The waiter was knowledgeable and made quality recommendations. The food was very fresh and portions were good. We had the quail and gnocchi appetizers. Both were delicious and the gnocchi melted in my mouth. For entrees we had the duck and pistachio encrusted halibut (excellent recommendation from the waiter!). The duck was fantastic! The only drawback was that we were seated in an intimate corner of the restaurant and the hostess insisted on seating a table of 4 directly next to us even though there were plenty of other tables available. Overall, excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a goodbye partyBetsyADined on 7/10/2014Great food, perfect service!! Lovely and easy arrangements. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surpriseLove2dineDined on 7/10/2014A friend recommended print and I had never heard of it. We try a lit of restaurNts and this was delicious. They buy from local farms and the fish and meat is very special and superbly prepared. Great appetizers and desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a experiencesavannahtraveler2013VIPDined on 7/9/2014From the moment we were greeted by the staff to the time we left the whole experience was great. Food excellent and fresh, and creative. don't normally order dessert, but had to see if it was as good as the rest of the meal. Perfection!!! Don't miss this happening place on 11th Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueNancy5VIPDined on 7/9/2014In the middle of the auto dealerships is this fine dining restaurant. The food is excellent and the service attentive. Prices are reasonable. As the evening goes on, the noise level picks up. The tables are also not on top of each other giving you some privacy. Nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.