653 Eleventh Avenue
Ink 48 Hotel
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.printrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127572224
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am – 10:45am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Print Restaurant
PRINT is one of New York City’s premiere farm-to-table dining experiences. Executive Chef Charles Rodriguez and Executive Pastry Chef Geoff Koo create dishes that are inspired from products grown in the region. PRINT’s full-time forager carefully procures ingredients that are brought in daily so guests can enjoy the best flavors that the season has to offer. Don’t miss the intimate setting of The Dens adjacent to the restaurant where specialty cocktails are handcrafted and complemented by our light fare menu. Another option, before or after dinner, is to relax at our year-round rooftop lounge, the Press Lounge, for cocktails and unobstructed views of Manhattan and the Hudson.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Print Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (60)good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (29)notable wine list (20)late-night find (17)scenic view (15)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great food but charge for breadruthchrisDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was very nice and we got seated promptly. I do not believe that a restaurant should charge for bread, which was good, but the dipping sauce was not amazing that they can get away with charging for bread. Ihave been to classier restaurants that do not charge for bread. The food was good, crab salad tasted very fresh. My pork chops was done very well except that there was quite a bit of fat on it. The dessert was not impressive though but felt the need to end on a sweet note since it was a friend's bday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DuckAlexDined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed the duck breast. Cooked very well. I did not enjoy the cobbler desert. It was too 'jammy' and not enough sweet to it. Wish I had gotten another dessert. Overall, would go back for the duck!Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014It was super classy , amazing staff and delicious food . We will visit them again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would go back againTovahLovesAGoodMealDined on 9/19/2014We stayed at the Ink 48 hotel and we're very happy with our 2 meal experiences. We met a friend for breakfast and everything was delicious. I have the summer vegetables and poached eggs, the eggs were perfectly poached. The bacon was divine. Not to be missed. Dinner was lovely as well. My husband's duck breast was perfect and my pistachio crusted halibut was very good. We are all about the farm to table. Support your local farmers! Print is a yes, do go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a late night dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014We had a great steak and chicken dish that was cooked perfectly. Great cocktails! Slightly noisy when we first arrived (around 9:30PM) but it settled down after 10PM when the crowds started leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favorite ResterantsDominoVIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent dining experience. High scores for Food and Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad start, Good finishFoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014My Husband and I dined here on a Monday. The place was packed. Good thing we had read the reviews beforehand and knew that the bread basket was not complimentary. Instead it was an option on the appetizer portion of the menu. Although only $4, it was a big disappointment that it was not free. What restaurant doesn't offer a bread selection while you wait for your meal? Especially since it looked like they were not strapped for cash. In any event, we ordered our meals. I chose the Arctic Char which was delicious. Crispy skin, and not overcooked. My Husband had the pork chop which he thoroughly enjoyed. An overall great dining experience that started off on the wrong foot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Print & PressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014For a night of sleekly comfortable modern style, start with drinks on the stunning Press rooftop bar and then head downstairs for contemporary, yet almost homey, "farm to table," dining in a gorgeously warm room you might not have expected to find in Hell's Kitchen. But, hey, this is New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We reserved for 8 ladies and added one more on the night of with no complications. We're also from Los Angeles and it was the first time being in New York for most of us. Orlando, the manager that night, was so hospitable and welcoming. I'd never felt so taken care of in a restaurant thousands of miles away from home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really really nicegrownupVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a very pleasant dinner at Print. The food was well prepared and delicious. The dining room was comfortable, sleek and not stuffy. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Out of the way boutique hotel in Hell’s Kitchen with a rooftop bar with an amazing view. Print is on the lower level, ambience was nice, food was even better. Overall a great experience. Would return again and recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- ChezvalDined on 9/10/2014Fantastic food, helpful waiter, comfortable and relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LandJlovefoodDined on 9/10/2014Delicious food, specially the goat cheese gnocchi appetizer was terrific!! They have a short but very nice wine selection. Professional staff at the restaurant but do not expect the same quality of service at the rooftop bar, even though it's worth the view to have a cocktail before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPrintfansDined on 9/10/2014We have been dining at Print for almost 5 years and it never disappoints. Thanks for being thereSpecial Features:
- What A FindmoofinDined on 9/8/2014the food was absolutely delicious....great selection....fish outstanding ....would highly recommend....great price point for high caliber placeSpecial Features:
- Great experience!!LandJlovefoodDined on 9/8/2014Made it late to our dinner reservation but the kindly hostess was able to accommodate us right away with a friendly smile. Our server was very attentive, but the manager made sure we had a memorable anniversary dinner, she was fantastic!! We shared few appetizers, one of them was the best grilled octopus we ever had! We ordered roasted duck and pistachio crusted halibut as entrees, both perfectly cooked. We'll definitively go back! The only missing detail to make it absolutely perfect: not a chocolate cake as a dessert option!! Even though the desserts we ordered weren't bad, it'd be beautiful to complete our experience with a bit more of creativity in the desserts. A plus: do not miss their rooftop bar with beautiful views of the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK ambiance, great foodmag24Dined on 9/7/2014The food was amazing. I'll definitely be back. I would literally try everything on the menu, and loved both of the appetizers and main courses my boyfriend and I ordered. The ambiance could use some work, but overall had a great experience. I requested on open table that they bring out a cake or some sort of dessert for my boyfriend's birthday, and they did just that. It was an incredible dessert with "happy birthday" written out on the plate in chocolate.Special Features:
- not too greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Setting the tone, we were first asked if we wanted the bread/butter platter, which you pay $4 for. I was with my wife for our anniversary dinner as we were staying at the hotel. Our apps were great, she had the cold soup, I had the prosciutto and melon. For dinner my wife had the sea bass, which was great, but I was tremendously disappointed in the duck pasta dish which I chose--it was almost inedible. Bland, no sauce. I would go somewhere else,
- New FindramchathamVIPDined on 9/5/2014Trendy but not pretentious. Great food and drink with attentive staff. Good for people watching too. Great addition to this area of town in need of a softer touch.Special Features:
- Got humorousjoannewDined on 9/4/2014We started laughing because we literally had 8 different people helping or visiting our table - we were like, wait, who are YOU? Food was good. Ambiance felt like generic hotel. A bit beige / unexciting.
- Print to PressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Amazing food and service. Started off with the bread that has 3 different spreads and a bottle of Wine. The Gnocchi starter was pasta style... If it had been bigger I would have requested that as my Entree. For the main course I ordered the pistachio crusted halibut. The fish itself was good, but the bed of vegetable made this dish. My fiancé ordered the Duck breast and he loved it. For dessert we ordered the cheesecake and 2 cappuccinos. Then the manager sent over 2 complimentary dessert wines because we had just gotten engaged. The service was perfect. After dinner we headed to Press lounge upstairs which has the best view in the city. If you dine at Print you get to cut the line if there is one, which I hear it's very busy on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Lovely special occasional restaurant, good food, nice atmosphere and wonderful service. The rooftop bar is wonderful for a drink before dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're desparate, eat here.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/1/2014The service was aweful and the food was ok. Skip the restaurant and just go to the rooftop.
- disappointing on 2nd visitJF62Dined on 9/1/2014Mainly a service issue. Food was ok - however the waitress could have cared less about us .. after initial repeated quick stops to get our drink order (we were trying to decide on a bottle of wine), she didn't even really maintain eye contact so flagging her down was a chore !! next time I think we will hit the spectacular hotel rooftop bar .. and dine elsewhere ..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food. And the Press Lounge on the rooftop is breathtaking.Special Features:
- Almostcarolef2VIPDined on 8/30/2014Pre-theater dining - Prix Fixe menu. Gazpacho & crab first courses excellent; grilled wild Alaskan salmon good but undercooked, braised beef cheeks and short ribs tasty but tough, dry,over-salted; desserts delicious! French press coffee superb.
- Sophisticated in Hell's KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Print is a new, beautifully-appointed restaurant in a gritty part of Hell's Kitchen, an oasis of gracious, attentive service and delicous farm-to-table food. For starters: the gazpacho was like a bowl of summer, the oysters wonderfully fresh with an exquisite mignonette; The coq-au-vin and the drilled wild salmon were memorable. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Creative MenuscotmDined on 8/26/2014It was my wife's birthday. We went to the Press Lounge for cocktails and cheese platter, then Print Restaurant for dinner before seeing Motown on Broadway. Press Lounge is beautiful and the views are awesome. I had stayed at the hotel with my daughter previously and it is a great boutique hotel. Our dinner was excellent with the exception of my main course. I had the Crispy Duck which was very tough and the Farro Risotto was undercooked. It was hard. The appetizers and my wife's entrée were to die for. I would have sent mine back but we were in a rush because we had to catch a play. We will be back.Special Features:
- You can have a conversation!PaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food, decor and service were all excellent, but best of all you could hear each other talk. Don't miss the duck, and also the great view from the Press Lounge on 16th floorI would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingExpandingBoyDined on 8/22/2014This farm to table experience over delivered. Inventive recipes let the market fresh flavors soar. Service was well behind the food however. A real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening fizzled outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Party of 5, 3 celebrating birthdays, requested candles on the desserts both via Open Table and when the reservation was confirmed, we were told it would happen. Arrived promptly at 7.50, reservation at 8, table wasnt ready, waited at the bar. Told our table would be sometime longer asked if we would sit at a larger table, the table was for 10, which made it hard to talk to each other and didnt provide a good ambiance. Appetizers were great, chicken livers, octopus and tomato salad all tasty ! entrees were ok, ribs were dry, halibut was overcooked and duck was average. Looking forward to desserts and a little celebration with candles, but alas no candles, wasnt worth saying anything as the moment was missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating special birthdayDanMADined on 8/21/2014We went to New York to celebrate a big birthday and chose to go to Print after having a drink at the Press Lounge. We were extremely satisfied with the service at the Print. The waiter wished my friend happy birthday as soon as we got seated, i had mentioned when I reserved that it was for a special birthday, they also offered us a complementary dessert for the occasion. We really enjoyed our experience at the Print and would definately return when we are in NYC. We also loved the view at the rooftop terrace of the Press Lounge.Special Features:
- Food Allergy Tolerant!muukowzDined on 8/19/2014It's so rare to go to a place and request gluten free without the server straining to control an eye roll. Our lady was super nice and even verified ingredients with the chef. Even before we showed up I had contacted via email for info and received an informative and thoughtful reply within a day. Very nice! The Press Lounge is great for views and super strong drinks. I will go there again as well. Just wish the restaurant was on the roof too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular FoodrarelydelightedDined on 8/17/2014as a frequent Restaurant diner I have to say that my meal at the Prince restaurant was superb. My first course of sauteed shrimp eggplant and scallion was spicy with unusual flavors with each element perfectly cooked. My main course of grilled pork chop with port and plum sauce, again, offered unusual combinations of taste that worked brilliantly together. Wonderful and rare surprising eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The halibut was the best I've ever eaten. A drink at the Press Lounge was a perfect way to start off our dinner.Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantgemswincDined on 8/17/2014I ate here w/ a gift certificate from a friend. The food was excellent, but the ambience is well, hotel. Nothing exceptional or engaging. Neighborhood is dreary, but it is right near the Intrepid.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant and BarDennyVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time at Print. My only disappointment was that the outstanding Branzino and Coq au Vin I and a friend had last time weren't on the menu this time. Menu is changed daily depending on what's fresh and available, so stay flexible and be open to surprises. We were NOT disappointed in the halibut and pork chop we substituted. The food is superb; the room is elegant and beautiful; the service both warm and professional. Advice: Go early and have a drink at the 16th floor bar -- I think it's called the Press Box, or something like that -- with generous outdoor seating overlooking the Hudson in one direction and the rest of Manhattan in the other. One of the nicest bars in NYC (with a staff to match).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great anniversary dinnergrtmealoutDined on 8/16/2014The service was wonderful, as was the food. We felt very welcomed.Special Features:
- We Love Print!foodiesVIPDined on 8/15/2014We love this restaurant! Never fails to thrill us with great food, decor and service..the staff couldn't be nicer.Special Features:
- Hidden find on the new 11th AvenueAndiamoVIPDined on 8/14/2014In the "W" cool-like Ink Hotel, Print is a gem. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Waiters who know what to recommend, great drinks, creative and delicious menu for both fish and meat. Only complaint is the wine list has too little choice, pricewise...Special Features: