Primrose Dining Room - Rimrock Resort Hotel
300 Mountain Avenue
Banff, AB T1L 1J2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Primrose Dining Room - Rimrock Resort Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rimrockresort.com/
- Phone: 4037621848x
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours (June-Sept)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International, Canadian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, View, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Please check our website for seasonal special promotion and dining events.
- Cross Street: Sulphur Mountain Road
- Public Transit: Banff public transit service available to the hotel, please see link below for stops schedule.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Hotel Indoor parking is available for all guests
A word from Primrose Dining Room - Rimrock Resort Hotel
Breakfast and dinner is served in our Primrose restaurant. Our guests enjoy the morning sun through floor to ceiling windows, and beautiful floral paintings by renowned artist of the millennium. Featuring an Italian dinner menu with great selection of pastas and flatbread dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primrose Dining Room - Rimrock Resort Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (13)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Thanksgiving Dinner at the PrimroseLiketotrynewplacesDined on 10/12/2014Food was good! Too much for my 7 year old to eat and us alike. Atmosphere was good but would of been better if we had been seated at a view table. Which I had requested on our reservation. We got probably one of the only 3 or so tables in the restaurant with no view. Although there was view tables available when we arrived. Not sure why we couldn't have one. A coat check would of been nice. Since we were not staying at the hotel we had to hang our coats over the back of a chair at table. Not a fan of this.Special Features:
- Delicious Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was so nice from the welcome to the end of the meal. A great way to celebrate some great things in our life!Special Features:
- Amazing food and servicefoodieDined on 10/2/2014Had a great experience here, had scallops and risotto and the main course was a flavourful pork dish that was beautifully presented! Great views and friendly knowledgable service! Excellent restaurant!Special Features:
- ExcellentAnnickVIPDined on 9/21/2014Came very late and was served quickly. Food is always very good as well as the serviceSpecial Features:
- Always excellentAnnickVIPDined on 9/20/2014They have a new menu that is really nice, especially their wild mushroom risotto as an appetizer, plenty to eat at a small price tag.Special Features:
- Superior view, excellent serviceFoodie7Dined on 9/5/2014During our stay at the Rimrock, we tried Primrose for dinner one night and also had brunch there twice. The ambience of the restaurant is nice, paired with a superb view. The staff is very helpful, quick and accommodating. Even though the menu on the paper looked exciting, the actual food was rather mediocre both for dinner and brunch, which was disappointing. Most dishes were on the fatty side, and the quality of the ingredients and the cooking style questionable. (On the plus side: nothing tasted oversalted) The only delight was the desert selection we tried at our coffee break during the day and after dinner. The items we tried truly lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Buffet Night to RememberMikesTastesDined on 8/30/2014Blue lipped mussels on the half shell...really good and unexpected! Other nicely prepared ante pasto. The hotel's three chefs on hand behind buffets to create whatever salad combination or pasta dish you would like from ingredients that you pick. Chef will help you devise something tasty. Desert table with creme brule', cheese cake, and about 8 different cakes with fillings and frostings...all too good. Good service, helpful with explanations about the buffet. Reasonable price compared to other restaurants in the vicinity. Watch the scene change as sun sets on nearby mountain.Special Features:
- Primrose at Rimrock ResortWeldoNWherDined on 8/24/2014The Primrose is well worth making a reservation in advance and ask for a window table. The view is magnificent and the sunsets are spectacular. The food was well prepared and exhibited an artistic flair. The service was efficient and thoughtful. A great place for a celebratory dinner.Special Features:
- Quality spottysaskminerDined on 8/10/2014Home run on some dishes but others were totally ruined. Stay with the main stream and you will be fine. They are trying too hard in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primrose at RimrockOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2014My wife and I both ordered steak. She ordered rare, and I ordered medium rare. Mine was cooked medium. Hers was medium well. My piece was considerably larger than hers so we didn't switch. Having had problems at this restaurant twice before all we wanted to do was eat and leave. The only reason we were there was that we were on a meal plan and had vouchers good only for the Primrose
- The following 138 reviews are from the Primrose Dining Room - Rimrock Resort Hotel reviews archive.
- Fantastic!Kn1981VIPDined on 6/20/2014Great food with a fantastic view. We had Nolan as our server and he was amazing, one of the most professional and best servers we've ever had. The food is very good and at the price point, it's great value. You can't beat the views, we had one of the tables by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014the service was very, very good....seating is comfortable... unique and gorgeous room as well as view...we had a group of four...some of the menu items were really good and some were surprisingly pedestrian ...a wonderful location with so many beautiful things going for it should never do such a thing...food quality for such a lovely spot on the planet should be part of the draw for customers...if the food is so so I guarantee that will not be forgotten and is always factored in on the decision for return business.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodAnnickVIPDined on 5/25/2014The food is very good, the view is out of this world and the service is courteous.Special Features:
- Excellent!Food4thoughtDined on 5/23/2014Great food with outstanding service. Excellent for special occasion.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Our experience was great. We have a peanut allergy in our family and the staff was very accommodating, reassuring us without any prompting, that our allergy was being taken very serious. The food was delicious, views great and we will go back again in the future for sure. Prices were good for the quality and quantity of food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning views!NedlovestoeatDined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed Primrose. The menu was varied and the room itself was beautiful not to mention the view. We had two babies with us, and the staff was very accommodating. The only this we didn't like was that we had to pour our own wine.Special Features:
- A little disappointed.TravellerDined on 5/11/2014We were seated between tables with children who were somewhat noisy...a bit of a surprise that this restaurant would be considered family friendly considering the prices and atmosphere. The service was excellent, the food was good but not spectacular but the view was wonderful. We are not sure we will go back as we were somewhat disappointed by the distractions of the toddlers.Special Features:
- Fabulous!irishbeauty76Dined on 5/11/2014What a fantastic hidden gem in the Rockies! We recently dined in the primrose room as a group of 4 adults and two children. The menu was amazing (including the children's menu that has fantastic choices with fresh ingredients instead of the staples of Mac and cheese or hamburgers) We didn't feel rushed and thoroughly enjoyed the recommended wines from the extensive wine list along with our unbelievably pallet pleasing entrees. Staff is fun and friendly and the RimRock has the most amazing views. Highly recommend and look forward to staying and dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSusieQDined on 4/20/2014Enjoyed this restaurant. Ordered steak and it wasn't great - mind you I ordered it well done... Waitress was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemkprovosDined on 4/18/2014My wife and I were away for a weekend without the kids, had a great time at the Primrose. Loved the prime rib buffet, the staff were excellent, and the views were spectacular. Really great experienceSpecial Features:
- Dinner reviewGreatviewDined on 3/22/2014Food was good, calamari was great, the steak was good but disappointed it wasn't bigger for the price and could have had more sauce. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The desert menu could have been better, not alot of selection. The seafood pasta was bland but certainly gave you a lot of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dining at Primrose at RimDaddeeDined on 3/22/2014It was our first time at this restaurant. It was a very good choice. We really enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primrose Dining ExperienceRoysudiptoDined on 3/7/2014It was great to dine at this place celebrating a special occassion. The service was very friendly and the food great in taste. Will like to go back to this place again next time I am in Banff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyableSnappyhappyDined on 2/19/2014My partner and I had an absolutely fabulous experience at the primrose. We attended pasta Wednesday. The food was amazing. More than enough for what you pay. The waiter was delightful. He gave us complimentary glasses of champagne as he noticed we were celebrating an anniversary. This was my second time at the primrose, on both occasions it has been fantastic experiences. I will most definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service!foodieDined on 2/5/2014I went with 6 friends to the Primrose and had an incredible time. The service was so friendly and they made us feel very welcome. One of my friends has bad food allergies and they were very accommodating, the chef even came out and talked with her. The food was well presented and very flavorful, I had the best steak I have had in years. We were sat beside the fireplace and although it was dark outside they had this cool green light that highlighted the trees by their skating rink. Primrose is one of the better restaurants in town, the staff are well trained and they seem genuinely happy to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Awesome restaurant. My husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and were very happy with our experience. We got a table with a beautiful view and they were great dealing with and accomodating with my allergy issues. They also surprised us with a complimentary beautiful and very tasty desert for our anniversary. Our waitress was great as well and the food was absolutely delicious. The prices for food are also excellent, especially for the quality of food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodDINEOUTALOTDined on 1/25/2014Not usually impressed by hotel dining rooms, but this one is as good as advertised. Located in the tourist mecca of Banff it has great service from student waiters and well prepared food with a strong Italian influence at dinner. Their brunch on Sunday is wonderful with offerings including smoked salmon, freshly prepared omelettes, all with spectacular views of the Rocky mountains. Both brunch and dinner the night before were good value for the price paidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favouritesLesess50Dined on 1/11/2014We have been to this restaurant four or five times and always enjoy it. This meal was however our least favourite. We have had excellent specials here in the past, however this time there were no specials. The menu has also changed and there isn't as much choice as there used to be in the appetizer section. We both had a veal main (ossobucco and saltimbocco) and both were quite good. Dessert choices seemed somewhat limited and pretty standard this time around. Ambiance and service remain first rate, however. We will go back, but will probably try some other places in Banff first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, gracious ambianceReznDined on 12/28/2013Went to the Tuesday pasta night. Salad, pasta dinner and dessert were all first rate - all done with a masterful touch with a delicious result. Restaurant itself beautifully appointed - finishing materials, decoration and furniture all first rate lending to an overall ambiance of elegance and grace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and ambienceWilChengDined on 12/27/2013Bradley, Abraham and Chaz all made the evening fantastic for our whole family, who were visiting for Christmas from South Africa. Food was divine, service was great, overall immensely satsified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta buffet, very freshOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Great pasta buffet, very fresh and great variation. Wonderful decadent desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always return to the PrimroseJosieDined on 12/11/2013We live in Banff and love dining at the Primrose. We also enjoy it with guests. The views are fabulous as is the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic all aroundGreenBeanVIPDined on 12/3/2013While vacationing alone, I met a lovely man who took me to dinner here. Our waitress was forever a blessing to our experience. She was exceptional in her service and education of product. If I ever visit Banff again, I would be silly not to pop a visit here again. Jess - The GreenBean CalifornianI would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinnerfor2Dined on 11/9/2013I booked dinner at the Primrose because they said the view was exceptional. From our window table we could see across the hotel and into peoples rooms. We got to watch a woman work out while we tried to enjoy our dinner. Less than romantic. Skip this restaurant and make a reso at Eden or somewhere else downtown.
- Food Amazing Hit & Sad MissburtybluesDined on 11/2/2013The view was magical as the sun set. Main entrees were pastas & steak only w/ some other options on side menu. We didn’t care for the bread selection and the tapenades were an odd blend. I ordered the Insalata Itialiana. It was large! It came with garlic toast for some reason. My friend got the Prosciutto Melone salad. We were both surprised that it was cantaloupe melon. This cantaloupe tasted off, like it was frozen/thawed, or soaked in something. It was not good and she put it to the side. The servers did not ask her why she did not eat them?! The risotto was superb! It was the best risotto I have ever eaten. We did not order desserts because we were too full. As a 2nd choice to the high-priced Eden in the Rimrock Hotel, I suggest it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top impressiveFMTourismDined on 10/27/2013I cannot say enough great things about the Primrose. From arrival to departure, the service was impeccable, the food was amazing. Our group that evening collectively hails from the Tourism, Hospitality and Restaurant industries. We were all in agreement, that it was an evening to remember and one we will share with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceLuv5starDined on 10/26/2013Wow! Great service and great food I would like to thank all the staff at the restaurant especially Madtaeo our waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's special not good forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013Chef's special not good for an Ita;ian restaurant you would expect homemade pasta not box boughtSpecial Features:
- Perfect for our engagement dinnerSbootheDined on 10/15/2013My fiancé took me here for our engagement dinner and it was perfect! The wine was delicious and the food was amazing too. We sat by the window and had a view of the mountains. It was perfect for that special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal was very poor quality.1234Dined on 10/12/2013The meal was very poor quality. The vegetables were extremely overcooked, halibut was dry. We were very disappointed in the food quality which is a shame as we enjoy staying at the Rimrock. It is very unlikely that we will visit the Primrose restaurant again.