Primo's Bar and Grill
3309 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Primo's Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primostexmex.com/
- Phone: 2142200510
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Let us cater you next big event. Large or small we have what you are looking for. Contact a manager for more details.
- Entertainment: 19 HighDef T.V."s to watch all your favorite Sports, Touch-Tunes JukeBox so you can be the DJ, Live DJ during special events and sports watching parties.
A word from Primo's Bar and Grill
Opened in 1986 by 2 cousins, Primo's rapidly grew into a local landmark. Using family recipes and friendly service, we have been serving the uptown area since before it was "Uptown". Primo's has been recognized in local, state, and national publications and received numerous awards for our stuffed jalapenos, deep fried tacos, sizzling fajitas and our Famous Margaritas. Primo's is committed to the legendary reputation, and continuing to preserve it's reputation as the premier destination for casual Tex-Mex dining and signature drinks for those "in the know". Enjoy your time with us, whether it's your 1st visit or you're a "Regular", we are proud to have you here.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primo's Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great dining experience. IDinefromChamplainDined on 12/3/2013Great dining experience. I brought a group of co-workers who are from different regions in the country and everyone had a great experience. Service was good and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Friends Unite!RKArnett29Dined on 11/25/2013Our group met here for a Mini-reunion dinner. Primo met our request for our group, away from a window (baby, it was COLD outside!) and the service was great. Attentive but not disruptive! Good food, good drinks, nice atmosphere, noise level perfect for the whole table to hear and participate in the conversation!Special Features:
- Decent food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013Every time we asked our waitress for something, she forgot. Ordered $9 queso, never got the chips. Took us over 2 hours to get in and out of there on a very basic order. And, we were the only party in the entire dining room on a Saturday afternoon.
- Outstanding great food wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013Outstanding great food wonderful service and parking was okay tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayFoodieDined on 11/7/2013Ladies night on Thursdays is ok. We received a "free" 3 course meal. Food isn't great. Server was friendly. Probably wont be returning.Special Features:
- REAL Mexican foodSFKPVIPDined on 11/2/2013A local favorite - lots of tv's if you're into sports. Margaritas are not made fresh with a blender, so be prepared for that. Food was excellent and my dining companion (life long Dallasite) let me know it's one of the best, locals places for Mexican and I agree. The food was authentic and outstanding (sans margaritas). Service was slow and they weren't that attentive though overall a good experience. Highly recommend for the food.Special Features:
- Not really good for big groups.RDGOKDined on 10/12/2013Not really good for big groups. We had 15 of us and it took an hour before we were able to order dinner. Should have had one waitress for our table or not given her as many tables with our party. Overall the food was good and Primo seems to be a hot spot......just not quite we were looking for that night. Also not really kid friendly. A night out with just couples looking to be in the thick of things is more this restaurants style. Great!.......if that's what you're looking for. Would definitely give it another shot when it's just my husband and another couple.Special Features:
- Great Place to watch the game!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2013Good food, good service, great place to watch the game with friends, several screens and no music drowning out the announcers. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you we had a great time OurOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2013Thank you we had a great time Our server let us visit and we were not rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where Dallas chefs gobabsVIPDined on 7/27/2013Consistently good Tex-Mex. Several notable Dallas chefs dine here when they get off work, so it must be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BRUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2013The brunch menu was excellent for a mexican restaurant in the Dallas area. It would have been nice to have better drink specials and slightly louder music and at times it got a little oddly quiet in the restaurant. Wait staff was quick and friendly. Food and drinks came out timely and he made sure to check back at our table at the most opportune times. They even let us make a last minute rez for 15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made the reservation for theTexasLRHDined on 7/8/2013Made the reservation for the wrong location, we actually went to the Garland location. Both locations were very Understandable! Great service and food! Nothing but great feedback, no complaints! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the El Pastor tacos. MeatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2013Had the El Pastor tacos. Meat was on the dry side but seasoning was good and so was spicy green sauce. Had to get my own silverwere and napkin after my food arrived, then the server brought it out. The best thing the server did was recommend a draft beer called Victoria that was excellent. Sorry but I doubt I go back.
- Horrible waiter--orders wrong,funeatingDined on 5/10/2013Horrible waiter--orders wrong, forgot about us, went missing for extended periods of time. Acted irritated the entire time we were there. Special event--graduation dinner, and I spoke with him, as did my parents, about the billing arrangements. He forgot them and charged me for all the drinks instead of the first round, but it was too late as he brought all the bills at once. I have worked in wait service as have most of our party (our family even owns a bar) so we know what is reasonable to expect.
- From beginning to end, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2013From beginning to end, the food was spectacular. Best Carne Asada I've ever had!Special Features:
- I was thee for lunch and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2013I was thee for lunch and had street tacos, they were excellent. They also has great chips and salsaSpecial Features:
- Although Primo's isn't mySJ2222Dined on 3/8/2013Although Primo's isn't my go-to Mexican restaurant in Dallas, they agreed to take a large group for a birthday so we were excited to go. Unfortunately, when we got there our table was not ready. The bar area is pretty small, so you can imagine how a group of 40 would begin to crowd the tables around us. Immediately, the wait staff started getting annoyed that we were in the way. Forty-five minutes later, the hostess seated us at a table far too small for our group. Half of our party was then forced to stand for another 20 minutes before another table was ready. We had arranged large group dinners at Primo's before and never had an issue. Sadly, this one left a bad taste in my mouth. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- We had a group of 16. EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013We had a group of 16. Everyone had a great time with the good food,excellent frozen margaritias and excellent service. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Primo's was great. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Primo's was great. We had a great time. The only negative was that they DidNot have our reservation on their List. It was an early dinner, 6pm so Luckily we (8)people were able to get a table right away. I'm not sure which end dropped the ball, Open Table reservations or Primos. But it a worked out ok.Special Features:
- Great place for large groups,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Great place for large groups, split our checks and got the food and drinks correct. Very impressive for a 12 top!
- Great place, so-so staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2013The food was pretty good, the wait staff was great at the beginning but ignored us once the brought the entré.Special Features:
- Tasty food; decent atmosphereMDB1Dined on 12/31/2012Tasty food; decent atmosphere for New Years Eve though a bit noisy & drinks were a bit small. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- The best birthday happy hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/20/2012For my birthday happy hour I joined a few of my friends at Primo's. Everything was perfect! The food was awesome; the atmosphere was right on; the staff was super friendly; and the drinks were so yummy! I am definitely going to make Primo's a hot spot of mine for any ocassion. Thanks so much for making my birthday happy hour so awesome!Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunch as wellAnnieVIPDined on 11/25/2012Great Sunday brunch as well as enchiladas and tacos!Special Features:
- Fun for Family DinnersdinnerisfunVIPDined on 11/21/2012Primo's is always great. We had a family dinner for 17 out-of-town family members that wanted good Tex Mex.Special Features:
- Great,friendly staff. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012Great,friendly staff. Wonderful drinks! Always a fun time!!Special Features:
- The patio is an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012The patio is an excellent place for people watching. The evening we were there they had an outdoor band that was really good. We got there in time for happy hour and ordered the pomegranate margaritas. They were a little sweet for me but the price was right! Good food and I would go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experience!KansasCPADined on 9/11/2012A friend and I met for a drink and dinner and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The wine and food were just great. It was a little loud and the service a little slow, but that may have been because they were very busy. Good for them on a Thursday night!!Special Features:
- So So ExperienccemjpjamesDined on 9/8/2012Our drinks would come consistently late after ordering, and our appetizers came after the meals. The stuff jalapenos were amazingly tasty! and their margaritas are not too bad either.
- The food at Primos was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012The food at Primos was exceptional. I found the dining room too loud for easy conversation though. Moved out on the patio and very much enjoyed the remainder of the evening.Special Features:
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012I almost drove by it, because I was traveling out of town. All of the staff were very friendly & the food was delicious ! I will definetely recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- It was so loud no one in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2012It was so loud no one in our group could hear over the noise, other than that it was great.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2012Had a client request this for dinner. I was confused from the start. The name is Primo's which makes me think Italian, but it's Tex-Mex. The decor feels like a pub. The food was ok, best part was dessert - the strawberries on sugar chips. Our server wasn't equipped to address the dietary requests and was fairly low energy.Special Features:
- Always have a great time atlcp1411VIPDined on 5/26/2012Always have a great time at this place....love the foodSpecial Features:
- Food was exceptional as always.TisalsDined on 5/26/2012Food was exceptional as always. Service was a bit off.Special Features:
- We sat down around 7:45 onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012We sat down around 7:45 on a Saturday night; not too busy yet, but it started to get busy while we were eating. The food was great, but the service was a little slow. It took a few times asking for our waiter to bring us what we asked for. We ordered pitchers of margaritas which took a lot longer to get to our table than they should have. Great food and great patio space though; Primo's is still a great spot in Uptown.Special Features: