4040 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, FL 32837Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primograndelakes.com/
- Phone: (407) 393-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner daily 6-10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Melissa Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Primo can accommodate up to 45 guests with a pre-selected menu in a enclosed and private area. Wine parings are optional. Minimum $1,800 per party.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Overdorf 4073934683x
A word from Primo
Primo specializes in Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, an outstanding wine list and exceptional service. The restaurant features on-site organic gardens. Located at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes with a captivating view of a tropical paradise and Greg Norman designed golf course, you will enjoy the Primo experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primo reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (29)romantic (23)notable wine list (21)good for groups (18)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Two great mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2014Visited Primo twice during our stay in Orlando. Great food with great service each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beMarybethDined on 11/7/2014This is my second visit to Primo. The first time was terrific. This visit was somewhat disappointing in comparison. The food was still good, but not excellent like in the past. The service was great and the restaurant is very pretty.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!SusieMDined on 11/7/2014The food and service are spectacular. Everything just bursts with flavor. It's an experience both in Maine and OrlandoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!weluvfoodDined on 11/6/2014I can't praise this restaurant enough, the service and food were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DinnerAndyDined on 11/6/2014This is the first time we have eaten at Primo in Orlando. We have eaten at the Primo in Rockland Maine many times and always enjoy it. The food here is very similar and also very very good. The zeppole are to die for. The ambiance is typical for a large hotel and is nice but not as cosy as the Maine restaurant.Special Features:
- Dr4dineDined on 11/6/2014Best selection of wild fish and seafoo. Atmosphere is very nice to. We had last night very nice server to. Overall I am very happy. It looks like they trying to improve themselves all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocreneedanicknameDined on 11/1/2014Good Restaurant but the food and service were not as good as it used to be. They gave away our reservation, ran out of one on the entrees only only 45 minutes into food service, and did not pour the wine at all during the meal. The food was good but not great, and considering the prices it should have been better. There are so many other wonderful restaurants in the area. If you are staying here I suggest you try the restaurant at the Ritz next door instead.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Food was amazing , presentation fabulous, wait staff professional,knowledgable, helpful and very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!ProfesseurDined on 10/31/2014Food was creative, flavorful, beautifully presented. Excellent service. The restaurant's décor is a feast for the eyes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS !!SuperbVIPDined on 10/30/2014The food here is DELICIOUS and unique. There is a lot of farm to table and the chef is a native of Maine. She definitely brings her mark to the plate in a beautiful way. Starter was one of the best if not THE best duck foi gras with figs that we have ever eaten - sublime. Out of the ordinary wine selections were available even by the glass. For entrees we had pork saltimbocco and grouper - total perfection with great accompaniments. And the service was impeccable - Michelle was perfection and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantDeeleeVIPDined on 10/22/2014Primo is a dining experience. The service is outstanding. The food is spectacular. Three of our party had the grouper with butter basted lobster. It was succulent, moist and tasty. The fourth in our party had the swordfish. He promptly stated after the first bite that the dish was the best he had ever tasted. This was not our first visit to this restaurant but it was for our guests. We all will return when visiting Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuckyDined on 10/20/2014Love this place! Every dish I've tried have been amazing.Special Features:
- Below average food with bad serviceTonyCVIPDined on 10/18/2014This an over rated restaurant. We ordered starters and entrees. The wait between the courses was over 20 minutes. The spaghetti bolonese was cold with a heavy mediocre meat sauce not a traditional italien Bolonese. The Duck was well cooked but lacked any of the favors listed in the menu. Throughout the ordeal no one came by to refill water glasses or ask if we wanted another glass of wine. The waitress had to be tracked down to find out why we were waiting so long for the entrees. This restaurant can learn much from Normans at ritz Carlton which is on the same property.
- Dining at Primojozef1Dined on 10/15/2014We had a reservation on oktober 15 for dinner, a party of 4. This was our 5th time we had dinner at Primo the last year, but this experience was not good at all. First we had to ask for bread, normaly they bring it right away, and the restaurant was not busy at all!!! We ordered 4 appetizers, but they came with 3, finally the 4th was there, but the crostinis were so hard, hardly to eat. 2 of the entrees (grouper) were served with vegetables, but they were not well cooked at all. The server(Thomas)had not his best day I think. Another waiter put the coffee-pot at the window, behind the curtain(this I had never seen before in a restaurant!!! We finally paid more than 500 dollar for a party of 4, but was not worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BYOB in Philly!SSKGDined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful time (again) at your incredible restaurant. Can't wait until business brings me back to Philly so I can return.Special Features:
- Amazing and Delicious!DJMiamiDined on 10/4/2014I was staying at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel but I did not mind at ALL to walk to the JW Marriott who hosta this AWSOME restaurant. We were celebrating my friend's birthday...All the food for everyone at the table, from salad all the way to dessert was delicious!! The service was excellent and the wait was NONE. Kudos!!!Special Features:
- Great Group DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/1/2014Lively atmosphere and wonderful dining! We had a large group and the service was great. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primo says it all!2restaurantjunkiesDined on 9/28/2014I am only writing this review as to use up fifty characters so I can say: EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessElaineVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great for business dinners. Food was great along with service. I would recommend it to other clients and friends.Special Features:
- Excellence year after yeartreratyourselfDined on 8/31/2014We have consistently had great meals here year after year. We do not get here as often as we should because we live far away but they never disappoint. Great new signature cocktails. Appetizer portions of the house made pasta is fantastic. We love everything we ate. Service was on point. Go enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality doesn't match prices1DisappointedDinerDined on 8/30/2014The bread basket is nothying to write home about. Rack of lamb consists of two small chops and a small separate piece of meat. ordered medium arrive dare. sent back, new order cooked arrrived medium rare. After cutting away fat and gristle very small amount of meat left. By the time it arrived my Wife had finished her meal. Avoid the upper deck area as it is hot smells of grease and cooking odors and is noisy. Champagne wasnt properly vhilled. Service was outstanding. Too bad the food doesnt match. Dined at Primo's for 10 years. They've gotten complacent.Special Features:
- GreatTerriMDined on 8/30/2014We so enjoyed Primo. Great food and service. We will be back again and again and will tell all of our friends!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food has gone downhill from last couple of years nothing special would not go out of our way to eat there service slow waitress non attentive don't sit on upper level near open kitchen horrible smells noisy and hot
- Not a fine dining placeFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014It claims to be a fine dining establishment in a luxury hotel complex - JW mariott and Ritz, but it is far from fine dining. Nothing special, ok for a casual local place, but nothing more. Also when I made reservation they asked for special request and I asked to put a candle on dessert and write a sign on the plate but it was totally ignored - no sigh and no candle. DisappointingSpecial Features:
- Pleasant experienceAubbieVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was our first time dining at Primo, we were staying at the resort. My husband and I each had a delicious salad and entrees, he the pork dish and I had the gnocchi. Both were very good. The server suggested a nice wine to pair with the meal. We were not rushed and had an enjoyable evening. The doughnut dessert is huge and the gelato is delicious. We would return.Special Features:
- LovelyLovebrewpubsDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful meal! Nice selection! Unusual food combinations! Would definitely go back. If you are not staying at the resort itself, the bill for parking for the short time you are there is exorbitant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THe Chef/Menu is BrilliantKimAndGreggVIPDined on 7/26/2014I would NOT recommend the Bar at Primo. As we discovered, Unless you are sitting down to eat dinner the blonde bartender lady will ignore you. Thankfully we had reservations so after 10 minutes of waiting we left the bar. The meal was incredible as was the wine list. The manager on duty, Dillon was very helpful. On this night we celebrated a Fun birthday with our friends Michael and Rob. We all loved the fresh local and organic items. Very tasty. Our waiter was very attentive to us in spite of having to work several tables. Seems like he was always close by to fll our water glasses or wine. - Also keep an eye out for a complainer. a table close by was complaining that there was too much ice in the iced tea. Huh?Special Features:
- The following 485 reviews are from the Primo reviews archive.
- Totally UnexpectedCharlesDVIPDined on 7/20/2014Superb restaurant, great food, excellent service. Never saw it coming inside the hotel. Staff made it fun, Menu was really well done with lots of local items and huge selection of small plates. Great for sharing.Special Features:
- Another Great meal at PrimoKimAndGreggVIPDined on 7/11/2014This started the birthday celebrations for my wife. I ordered a bottle of 2004 Dom to kick off the night. The manager brought over a couple food items to warm up the food palate. If you like carpacio you would have been impressed. All of the dishes we had this night were very good. We are already looking forward to dinner there again in 2 weeks with our pals Michael and Rob to celebrate Michael's bday.Special Features:
- JW MarrriotLove2eatDined on 7/5/2014If you are staying at Grande Lakes, Primo is a very good dining option. I dine at Primo all the timeSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodProfessionalResortistDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I go to the JW often and Primo is always amazing. The Farm House Salad is out of this world with the different flavours and textures, awesome wine selection and house made pasta as well. You can't go wrong with Primo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primo'sSasb4Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant was a great evening for a special occasion. The food was outstanding and our server Brandon just did everything to make the evening special.Special Features:
- Don't Take the ChanceFoodNutDined on 6/26/2014Under the guise of being an Organic high end restaurant the only thing this establishment can deliver is a High Price. My party had been supplied the mouth water descriptions of delectable dinner appetizers and entrees, when the food arrived is was very basic and easily prepared food given a fancy name and if by chance you may be hungry this is certainly not the place for you, we are talking super small portions. I personally ordered the duck and when the plate arrived I was shocked to see two small slivers of duck covered with vegetables to make the portion look larger. If for some reason you do go, one more thing don’t bring the kids...they’ll get even smaller portions with a hefty price tag….If in Orlando… stay clear of this one!
- ExcellentImwbd53Dined on 6/25/2014Saltimbocca out of this world delicious. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Food that delights the paletteRobinDined on 6/25/2014We found Primo to be everything that we expected. The food was a sensual experience. I had the foie gras appetizer and it just melted in my mouth releasing flavor that was light to the taste. The fish was fresh and the sambucca was cooked to perfection. We topped off the meal with chocolate cannoli and creme fraiche flan. The service was attentive. Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorentoDined on 6/13/2014The food was very good and the service great. The chicken was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelySazzy93Dined on 6/13/2014We have dined hear a few years ago, and had great memoirs of it. We were not disappointed, the food was wonderful. Served by a very professional and friendly staff. Will definitely be back when we are in Orlando. The duck was the best we have ever eaten.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2014Very nice meal as usual. I was a little disappointed that they charged for my son's birthday dessert, especially considering how much we spent on the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryoutandaboutDined on 6/4/2014Surprised my wife with an Anniversary Dinner at Primo. Overall AWESOME experience from the moment we walked in the door. I had arranged for some flowers to be on the table through an outside agency and everything went over GREAT! The ladies helping us choose wine and food were second to none! Thanks Ladies. Great food, wine and dessert!! We will be back when we are in Orlando again. Cheers!Special Features:
- Amazing food and ambianceDyellalolDined on 5/31/2014Had an amazing experience at Primo. The food was excellent, we had the farmers salad which came with a poached egg, we also had the 12 oz New York strip, which was cooked and seasoned to perfection. The rabbit pasta was also enjoyed as well as the amazing dessert(espresso float)The service was great and our server explained the menu to us before hand and took great care of us. Through out the meal, the chef sent small samples to the tables, it was very enjoyable. We had a fantastic evening and are glad we chose Primo to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.