4040 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, FL 32837Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primograndelakes.com/
- Phone: (407) 393-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner daily 6-10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Melissa Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Primo can accommodate up to 45 guests with a pre-selected menu in a enclosed and private area. Wine parings are optional. Minimum $1,800 per party.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Overdorf 4073934683x
A word from Primo
Primo specializes in Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, an outstanding wine list and exceptional service. The restaurant features on-site organic gardens. Located at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes with a captivating view of a tropical paradise and Greg Norman designed golf course, you will enjoy the Primo experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primo reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)fit for foodies (28)romantic (22)notable wine list (20)good for groups (18)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food and superb service.OctDinerVIPDined on 6/30/2008Great food and superb service. Thanks for a fine time. I'm not usually a fan of restaurants found in hotels but Primo was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- The Staff was great and madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2008The Staff was great and made our dining experience memorableSpecial Features:
- The food takes center stageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2008The food takes center stage at this restaurant. The fresh, locally-sourced ingredients magnify the delightfully paired flavors in the dishes served. My meal was first class and I will certainly come again.Special Features:
- Absolutely an amazing evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2008Absolutely an amazing evening!! Great food!! Great service!!Special Features:
- One of the best Italian RestaurantsJP218VIPDined on 6/18/2008One of the best Italian Restaurants in Central Florida.Special Features:
- The music was VERY LOUD andPatsyDined on 6/15/2008The music was VERY LOUD and not conducive to conversation, and it was the wrong kind of music for the setting and the menu prices. We had to ask several times to lower the volume. They would not change the music. It was loud rock and roll (Fleetwood Mac, the Tapestry album).
- Primo was great as alwaysROBERTVIPDined on 6/14/2008Primo was great as always except the music they were playing in the background. In the past they had played a type of jazzy house which fits the mood. The music was more fit for Starbucks. We heard others complain about it also. The music must did not fit the mood.Special Features:
- Primo is one of the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2008Primo is one of the best restaurants in Orlando. It's one of our favorites and impresses us each time we go.Special Features:
- The service was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008The service was wonderful, the food was great and the overall experience was extremely pleasent. I would go there again and will.Special Features:
- Choices were a little exotic.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/8/2008Choices were a little exotic. Hard to find something traditional on the menu. As if trying to impress someone. Quality of food was good but it was tiring to figure out something to order. Nothing jumped at me and said WOW, ORDER THIS!Special Features:
- My husband was there one weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/4/2008My husband was there one week prior and thought the food was outstanding, however he was disappointed with the food this time and I was disappointed as well. I thought my meal was just okay. I guess I was expecting much more since he raved over his first dining experience at Primo's. Wine list was nice and the ambiance was also very nice. He definintly thought the food was far better the first time.Special Features:
- Really pretty restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008Really pretty restaurant with great service. However the food portions are tiny. My son told me it was like the Capital One commercial where the people finally get reservations at a trendy restaurant and the food portions are so tiny they had to go out to eat after. Well my son and my husband went out to eat right after they left Primo and we paid a very Primo price for very little food.Special Features:
- Food is not as interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2008Food is not as interesting as exspected. It is the same as everywere else it seems; However, the beautiful ambience and and professionalism of the employees makes up for the less than excellent food.Special Features:
- Outstanding. Elegant. FreshLOMaxVIPDined on 5/20/2008Outstanding. Elegant. Fresh ingredients used to produce creative food. Excellent service. Best place we ate at in Orlando all week. Spendy, but worth it.Special Features:
- We were not impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2008We were not impressed with the food, the lobster dish was tough, the "house" speciality that was recommended by our server was horrible, and was not eaten it. The pasta dish with mushrooms was also terrible. We were excited about the restaurant, because we heard great things about the chef, but in Orlando - we would never send anyone to eat there. Our 2nd server was nice.
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/12/2008The food was outstanding and the service was exceptional. They knew how to be there when needed and were very friendly making for a nice casual atmosphere. I would recommend the duck.Special Features:
- Love Primo, we've been manyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Love Primo, we've been many times. Melissa Kelly's slow-dining concept is amazing & the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- The 'amuse' was very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2008The 'amuse' was very nice, an A+. The bread, also. Our food was good, but the grilled vegetables were too oily. The vegetables in their raw state were probably above average in freshness. Good waitstaff.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. IOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2008The food was excellent. I liked the use of organic products and fresh seasonal ingredients. The servers were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Overall, I would have to say that it is one of the best restaurants that I have been to in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- Good food. A bit noisy forSuburbaniteVIPDined on 5/2/2008Good food. A bit noisy for conversation. Distressing to see dishes removed before all at the table were finished.
- Food was far better than serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2008Food was far better than service which was amateurish and slow. Waited forever to order drinks and even then we had to track down someone and ask. Special antipasto appetizer wasn't bad but the board it was brought on (and the price) warranted a larger portion of food. Also, in my opinion, an Italian restaurant should offer at least one vegetarian (preferably vegan) option. Everything was very meat and cheese laden, which I know some people like, but not everyone.Special Features:
- Food was exceptional and weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2008Food was exceptional and we appreciate they are growing the vegetables and herbs onsite. We sat near the kitchen, and it was exceptionally smokey - ventilation system needs work, and was bothersome. We were a bit rushed, but as soon as we asked to slow the pace, they were more than willing to accommodate us.Special Features:
- attentive, personable service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2008attentive, personable service, and the food was quite tastySpecial Features:
- Our overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/13/2008Our overall experience was a good one. Not as good as the last two times I was there. The service was not particulary good. We had to ask for things two or three times. The water glasses were not kept filled. The food was very good.Special Features:
- One of our favorites--rightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008One of our favorites--right up there with Union Square Cafe and Magnolia Grill. Creative food and presentation, wonderful organic vegetables, capable and friendly service.Special Features:
- The food is always very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/2/2008The food is always very good at Primo. Fresh seasonal ingredients star, excellent thoughtful service, quiet and cozy atmosphere, this restaurant is definitely one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Have dined several times atOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/29/2008Have dined several times at Primo both in Florida and Maine. Always a dependable and memorable experience!Special Features:
- We were very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008We were very pleased with our meal, the food was excellent, service was attentive (however there was a 'pacing' problem between pasta course and main entree - but did not mar the overall rating). We had a great time and highly recommend it for anyone staying in either the Marriott / Ritz Grande Lakes complex (or nearby).Special Features:
- From beginnning to end ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2008From beginnning to end of the dining experience , everything was great, great selections in both food and wine. Great service. and it was a pleasure to walk the grounds after our excellent meal. A must to go and check out Primo's! Have already recommended restaurant to my friends. Yvonne, FLSpecial Features:
- Kitchen timing seemed to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2008Kitchen timing seemed to be off, Our Salad course arrived at the table within 2 minutes of the amuse buse being served, which made it awkward to find a place to put the extra plate and made us feel like we were being rushed. The food was very good, which we enjoyed very much.
- we arrived late, but if theyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2007we arrived late, but if they didn't want to serve us they should have said they were closed.