4040 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, FL 32837Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primograndelakes.com/
- Phone: 4073934444x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner daily 6-10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Melissa Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Primo can accommodate up to 45 guests with a pre-selected menu in a enclosed and private area. Wine parings are optional. Minimum $1,800 per party.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Overdorf 4073934683x
A word from Primo
Primo specializes in Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, an outstanding wine list and exceptional service. The restaurant features on-site organic gardens. Located at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes with a captivating view of a tropical paradise and Greg Norman designed golf course, you will enjoy the Primo experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Primo reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (39)romantic (32)notable wine list (21)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Totally UnexpectedCharlesDVIPDined on 7/20/2014Superb restaurant, great food, excellent service. Never saw it coming inside the hotel. Staff made it fun, Menu was really well done with lots of local items and huge selection of small plates. Great for sharing.Special Features:
- Another Great meal at PrimoKimAndGreggDined on 7/11/2014This started the birthday celebrations for my wife. I ordered a bottle of 2004 Dom to kick off the night. The manager brought over a couple food items to warm up the food palate. If you like carpacio you would have been impressed. All of the dishes we had this night were very good. We are already looking forward to dinner there again in 2 weeks with our pals Michael and Rob to celebrate Michael's bday.Special Features:
- JW MarrriotLove2eatDined on 7/5/2014If you are staying at Grande Lakes, Primo is a very good dining option. I dine at Primo all the timeSpecial Features:
- Primo'sSasb4Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant was a great evening for a special occasion. The food was outstanding and our server Brandon just did everything to make the evening special.Special Features:
- Don't Take the ChanceFoodNutDined on 6/26/2014Under the guise of being an Organic high end restaurant the only thing this establishment can deliver is a High Price. My party had been supplied the mouth water descriptions of delectable dinner appetizers and entrees, when the food arrived is was very basic and easily prepared food given a fancy name and if by chance you may be hungry this is certainly not the place for you, we are talking super small portions. I personally ordered the duck and when the plate arrived I was shocked to see two small slivers of duck covered with vegetables to make the portion look larger. If for some reason you do go, one more thing don’t bring the kids...they’ll get even smaller portions with a hefty price tag….If in Orlando… stay clear of this one!
- ExcellentImwbd53Dined on 6/25/2014Saltimbocca out of this world delicious. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Food that delights the paletteRobinDined on 6/25/2014We found Primo to be everything that we expected. The food was a sensual experience. I had the foie gras appetizer and it just melted in my mouth releasing flavor that was light to the taste. The fish was fresh and the sambucca was cooked to perfection. We topped off the meal with chocolate cannoli and creme fraiche flan. The service was attentive. Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorentoDined on 6/13/2014The food was very good and the service great. The chicken was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2014We have dined hear a few years ago, and had great memoirs of it. We were not disappointed, the food was wonderful. Served by a very professional and friendly staff. Will definitely be back when we are in Orlando. The duck was the best we have ever eaten.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2014Very nice meal as usual. I was a little disappointed that they charged for my son's birthday dessert, especially considering how much we spent on the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryoutandaboutDined on 6/4/2014Surprised my wife with an Anniversary Dinner at Primo. Overall AWESOME experience from the moment we walked in the door. I had arranged for some flowers to be on the table through an outside agency and everything went over GREAT! The ladies helping us choose wine and food were second to none! Thanks Ladies. Great food, wine and dessert!! We will be back when we are in Orlando again. Cheers!Special Features:
- Amazing food and ambianceDyellalolDined on 5/31/2014Had an amazing experience at Primo. The food was excellent, we had the farmers salad which came with a poached egg, we also had the 12 oz New York strip, which was cooked and seasoned to perfection. The rabbit pasta was also enjoyed as well as the amazing dessert(espresso float)The service was great and our server explained the menu to us before hand and took great care of us. Through out the meal, the chef sent small samples to the tables, it was very enjoyable. We had a fantastic evening and are glad we chose Primo to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Primo!chain888Dined on 5/25/2014We love this place! We eat here even if we're not staying the night at the JW. The food & wine options are fantastic and the service is outstanding!! The pastas are fresh made, the steak and porkchops are thick and delicious. Salads are light and fresh! Save room for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousScottDined on 5/23/2014Our entire experience was superb. Friendly service, delicious food, very good quality, etc. Highly recommend. Get the Zeppolis for dessert. Melt in your mouth.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014Food was original and outstanding! Michelle is an exceptional server: personable, very knowledgeable, extremely professional. Always seemed to appear just when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misses the markCat123Dined on 5/22/2014We had hoped for a perfect evening as we were entertaining for business. Foie gras excellent, but other dishes lacking. Asparagus under cooked and skimpy on the prosciutto. One plate cleared before all diners finished.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014We have eaten at Primo before while visiting Orlando, the ambiance, food, wine and service are always top notch.Special Features:
- Cyn512Dined on 5/11/2014A bit pricey and tries a little too hard to be "organic" and home grown resulting in rather off beat selectionsSpecial Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2014Food and service was spectacular. A bit pricey, but without a doubt, you get what you pay for!Special Features:
- Primo is Primo!Ciao2youDined on 5/6/2014One of the best meals I have ever had. Fresh, healthy ingredients. Prepared simply, without drowning in sauces. Presentation amazes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerMay4Dined on 5/4/2014Other than the Chef's Eggdrop soup which had no real flavor everything else was great. I got the Scallops and my wife had the NY Strip. Both were outstanding. The staff was very attentive and did not rush the meal or the experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we gave them a second tryKimAndGreggDined on 5/4/2014They have a great wine list. The 2003 Dom was better than the rating. The food was incredible. The chef sent over a few little tasty morsels for us to try. Most of the menu had changed since we were there a few weeks ago. You can taste the freshness of the garden out back in their food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceVeryHappyDined on 5/3/2014Great food, great service, very happy with the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMarGenDined on 4/24/2014Excellent farm to table, organic food. Wonderfully prepared and presented with a nice variety. Sit near the open kitchen...wonderful energy to watch. Staff was helpful and very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePDubDined on 4/18/2014Great food, great service, expect to spend accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its a Busy placeKimAndGreggDined on 4/18/2014We loved the food. this is a resort restaurant so lots of kids running around. great wine list.
- Good Restaurant, Very Good ServicealbinorDined on 4/17/2014Food was ok. A little overpriced. The hudson Valley foie grass was excellent though. Great Service.Special Features:
- A lot, for very little...LennoxDined on 4/14/2014It was our anniversary, however, since my wife does not like to be centre of attention telling restaurants can a hit or miss, Primo got it just right, subtle and sincere Great value, good but not great food, however, the service, ambiance and overall feeling you take away, makes it special. Definitely recommend, for both hotel residents (it's a no brainer) and those staying elsewhere, such as ourselves. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!HeartDoc1VIPDined on 4/12/2014Great menu, extremely well executed. Great oysters two ways, clams and mussels al forno followed by a shared pasta bolognese that was outstanding. Main entrees were duck breast and scallops -- both excellent. Wine service was perfect. Special request for fresh berries for dessert was accommodated effortlessly. Great dining experience, time after time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of a good thing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Food very good. Chef grows many ingredients in the organic garden behind hotel. However, she tries to use then all in each dish. Hard to identify what one is eating. Too bad because food is well prepared. Just too much going! Simplify please. Service was good atmosphere goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando MagicShakesDined on 4/11/2014Primo was an excellent find...the atmosphere is social, the service was great and the food was wonderful. The Chef's dedication to fine food and organically grown product was delightful. I guess that's why she earned not one but two James Beard awards. Kudos, will definitely go back a sixth time if the opportunity presents itself. Keeping in mind this was our first experience at Primo. Fully intend to try the Rockland, Maine sister rest.Special Features:
- Great as expectedBettycrocker422VIPDined on 4/9/2014I have eaten here several times in Florida and Maine. The restaurant is beautiful inboth locations. The food and service is always fabulous !Special Features:
- Great hotel restaurantJLDCEOVIPDined on 4/8/2014This was a very pleasant surprise indeed. I had the mussels and clams in a red sauce and my wife had the octopus. Both dynamite! The pasta's we had for secondi were great as well but VERY rich. I would recommend half portions if your having 4 courses as we did or just not that hungry. Then I had the pork chop and my wife had snapper they had substituted for the striped bass. Both were world class. Desserts were vey good as well but can't compare to the savory dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMillwebVIPDined on 4/5/2014Had very good service from the host to the servers. The food was very good as everything was inspired through their garden. Jody and Christina made our experience great. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- great special diningCrayolaDined on 4/5/2014Had a fabulous meal. Well taken care of. Have gluten free menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningLuvFabFoodDined on 4/2/2014Food & Service were outstanding....our servers were professional, friendly and very knowledgeable...from selection of the wine to food suggestions. Enjoyed a Mussels & Clams Al Forno appetizer, Coq Au Vin as our entree, and delicious Cannoli's for dessert. Michelle, our server, with 17-years experience, and her assistant Christina, made our visit to Primo a complete success. We have dined at many excellent restaurants around the world, and would rate our experience at Primo among the very top. When in the Orlando area we suggest you make plans to enjoy an evening at J.W.Marriott's Primo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 447 reviews are from the Primo reviews archive.
- Garden to tableTravelingDinerVIPDined on 3/30/2014A delicious special dinner. Lots of care and skill in prep and presentation. Lovely that some of what is on the plate has come straight from the restaurant's garden,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent butShandy61VIPDined on 3/28/2014Great food and service matching many of its peers.however surrounded by families on kids menus took the edge ever so slightly off a 270 dollar check. We will return but may be better if kids tables all together at top end.Special Features:
- Our Favorite RestaurantCherylDined on 3/22/2014Absolutely love this place! The food is amazing and there is always something new and exciting on the menu. The staff goes above and beyond to meet your needs. They are very knowledgeable about food and wine. This restaurant is one of the reasons we stay at the JW when visiting Orlando. Favorites: Cocktail: New Fashion Appetizer: Anything Foie Gras!!! Dessert: CannoliSpecial Features:
- DisasterLocalbigbellyDined on 3/15/2014Reservation choices were 8:30 and 10pm only. Restaurant was empty. Arrived early and waited 40min to be sat. Refused the hallway noisey table and asked for one of the many tables in the dining room as I reserved. Service was slow and many mistakes were made. Food was no better than Olive Garden but at over $150/pp. My guest's "signature" item was cold and returned. The rest of us finished out meals before anyone served him. He was not offered an apology or option. No excuse for cold food on an empty night with terrible service. Extremely disappointed in this one. As a big local eater who entertaines clients almost every night, this was a first and last visit.