Primebar - Minneapolis
3001 Hennepin Ave, Ste 1200
Minneapolis, MN 55415Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Primebar - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primebarminneapolis.com/
- Phone: 6122354295
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Wed 3pm-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Sherman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from Primebar - Minneapolis
Primebar is a contemporary Ale House featuring 60 tap beers with over half of the beer coming from local and regional breweries. Our menu is American Contemporary cuisine, featuring Two-handed sandwiches, Flatbreads, and Small plates to share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primebar - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
- Disappointment in UptownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013This was my third time back to Primebar. I was disappointed. I went for a uptown trendy fun dinner and felt I was at a suburban sports bar. The TV was so load with the game that we could not hear each other at dinner. The food and menu has changed and not nearly as good as I originally remember. Staff was fair to good. Certainly not what I would call a great experience. Probably will not return as there are too many other great choices in that neighborhood. Give me Figlio back.Special Features:
- Just small plates, but, BadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Just small plates, but, Bad wait-person...maybe, off nite?Special Features:
- I love this place. Lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/20/2013I love this place. Lots of interesting beers, creative food... You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- There were 4 of us on a TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2013There were 4 of us on a Tuesday night, arriving at 8:00. We made a reservation through Open Table -- waited for 10 minutes for the host to appear and when no one showed up, we had to ask at the bar who would seat us. Once seated, the server was anxious to take our order. Food arrived promptly -- 2 of us had the spinach with squash salad with a really small chicken breast. It was good but too pricey for a bowl of spinach, a few smoked almonds and only several pieces of squash. Another in our party had the Caesar salad and said it lacked flavor. The 4th person had a burger and fries and said it was okay. May come back for lunch but not dinner -- very dark restaurant & really loud! Also, the booth we sat in was really tight, cramped.Special Features:
- Friday night cocktails and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2013Solid brew menu, packed until after happy hour. Nice menu for small plates with good value. Interesting options on the specialty cocktail menu. Had the lamb shank, carnitas tacos were great. Desert menu had some nice offerings, but the flavor wasnt there. Good apps and the server was on his game..attentive but not hovering. Would go again but would wait until after happy hour to miss the larger crowd on a friday night. Overal not bad
- Primebar not really primeceejVIPDined on 3/14/2013Our experience at Primebar was just "okay". The food was okay, the service was okay. The beer list was extensive but when I asked for 2 of the listed choices, was told they were out of them. I had wine instead. Then on my husband's second beer, the server offered a couple of beers that weren't even listed on the menu. A little inconsistency there. We'd go back for happy hour, but probably not for dinner next time.Special Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2013Pretty plain spot to grab a bite to eat. Nothing spectacular.
- The food quality was a completeAniversaryDined on 3/9/2013The food quality was a complete surprise. I had expects a typical tap house fare with the usual mediocre offerings. The food was very well done and the beer can chicken along with the prime rib were a hit with our table. Worth a try if you have been disappointed by the previous restaurants in the location since Figlio's. bar service was the only negative. It took ten minutes to get served drinks prior to our seating. The bar was not that busy and the tenders needed to pick up the speed. How hard is it to pour a beer?Special Features:
- This was my second time toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2013This was my second time to Primebar, and the second time that the service was awful. Just like last time, our server was barely around, we were oftentimes looking for him, and seriously- why does the food come out one plate at a time? The servers will bring ONE plate to ONE person at the table and leave it there while everyone else waits. The servers bring the plates out and yell, "Chicken? Who's got the chicken. Spinach salad? Who has the spinach salad?" Etc. Etc. It's not OUR job as the patrons to tell you what we ordered. Get a system in place, people. Assign numbers to each seat and know which plate is going where before it comes out. It's extremely tacky for a more upscale restaurant to be so disorganized when the food is coming out.Special Features:
- Usually food and service isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/3/2013Usually food and service is great this time our server was horrible! Service was really slow. Took 15 minutes before the server came over for my drink order. Waited forever for him to take our food order.Special Features:
- I hope this restaurant makesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013I hope this restaurant makes it. This location seems to be cursed. We really liked Il gatto. Husband and I came to Primebar for date night on Saturday and we enjoyed the ambiance (booths, upscale, gastro pubby). I had the French onion soup to start which was really delicious. Our main dishes were the shrimp and chorizo flatbread (very good) and the pork chop (huge and very tasty). The beer list is off the charts. My husband enjoyed the beer he ordered, Hop Dish. I had a pomegranate margarita which was very well done, freshly made and tasty.Special Features:
- My wife and I were going toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013My wife and I were going to Comedy Sportz and looking for a place nearby to eat. I read a couple negative reviews about quality of service on this place but I since it was so close I decided to give them a chance. I was pleasantly surprised and found the place to be really nice. They had great food, a good beer and wine selection and our service was very good and prompt. I would recommend this restaurant to friends.
- Our server was fantastic --OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2013Our server was fantastic -- had great suggestions for my drink order, stopped by just often enough, very friendly. The appetizers we had during happy hour (deviled eggs and animal tots) were great. The music (speakers) near our booth became quite loud as the night wore on. There was a good crowd with high energy (fairly young, mostly 20s and 30s). Overall, it was a fun place to meet friends and enjoy drinks and nibbles.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience.RockyVIPDined on 2/16/2013We had a wonderful experience. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu. He was always present ,but never bothered us. We loved all our food, from the buffalo calamari, spinach salad and salmon to the bread pudding. perfect in every way . We felt very well cared for and completly satified!!! Will come back.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Took advantageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Food was very good. Took advantage of the happy hour appetizers. The Calamari was excellent. Our waiter Allen was exceptional. Very attentive to us.
- Great for Happy HourKarenLVIPDined on 2/13/2013Great spot for drinks and appetizers - especially during Happy Hour!Special Features:
- The food there is AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The food there is AMAZING! We like to go there on the nights when we have reservations for Comedy Sportz upstairs. Staff is always super friendly and accomodating. Menu is filled with delicious, interesting, dishes (not boring same-old burgers and fillets). The appetizers are really good, too. All in all a GREAT place to eat- great prices, too.Special Features:
- Love this bar for happy hour!StephDined on 1/18/2013Love this bar for happy hour! Their appetizers are delicious, drinks are strong but sweet, perfect. Dinner was mediocre to me.Special Features:
- A group of us ate at PrimebarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013A group of us ate at Primebar for a friend's birthday. The ambience was cool, it was a great place to watch football, and their beer list was pretty extensive. The service was the biggest drawback. Our server only checked in with the table twice, and he made us wait over forty-five minutes before taking our order.Special Features:
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/7/2013Some friends joined me for an afternoon delight and we had a wonderful time. The beer selection is unique but still very local. I love that. The food is delicious. I have a soft spot for the Animal Tots... A must have. The service is friendly and attentive. I can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:
- Lively spot!ChrisVIPDined on 1/5/2013Went there for the Packer/Viking Game. Busy and fun atmosphere for a game! Food was good and reasonably priced. We used to come to Figlios all the time and miss it but I must say, this is pretty good replacement. Better than Il Gatto (sorry:()Special Features:
- We were there to watch theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013We were there to watch the Vikings-Packers. Service nice and friendly even though we occupied a table for 2 hours. Patrons courteous and not too loud. Food excellent. We'll return.Special Features:
- Went for a large birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013Went for a large birthday party. Waitress was extremely friendly and attentive. Food runner accidentally dropped food on a guest, but instead of apologizing said that her "glass shouldn't have been in the way". A manager stopped by, but did not offer to comp her meal. Food was fine-- nothing great, except the pretzel sticks.Special Features:
- The staff was not very helpfulgps650Dined on 12/31/2012The staff was not very helpful or friendly except for the bartenders. Five of us were given a booth and when we asked for a table we were refused because they were for lrger groups. The food was nothing special, overcooked. Not a great dinner experience for our group.
- We took my in-laws here whileKarenDined on 12/29/2012We took my in-laws here while they were in town. The food was super delicious and no one really had any complaints. We were seated right away but our server was not the fastest to attend. I will admit when she first came over we weren't ready but I really don't think we needed 10 more minutes just to figure out our drinks. Overall we really had a great meal and I would go back again.Special Features:
- We enjoyed sampling beer andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2012We enjoyed sampling beer and the appetizers were great. Our server did an outstanding job.Special Features:
- Special dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Prime bar was a special experience. Between its interesting and very tastey menu and a special dessert for the birthday boy, it was a very enjoyable evening. We could even hear each other when talking across the table.
- I had heard of Primebar aswawoodeeDined on 12/2/2012I had heard of Primebar as one in a growing list of craft beer destinations in the Twin Cities. On that front Primebar didn't disappoint, with 60 taps and most of them of the craft beer variety. The beer menu is arranged by style, and there is something outstanding for every beer lover's taste. The beer menu strangely does not include prices, and they tend toward the higher end, though perhaps still competitive for Uptown. Based on what I ordered, pints appear to be $6 and specialty offerings, like Founders Breakfast Stout, are $8 for a 10 oz pour. We had several small plates, with the deviled eggs and carnitas tacos the standouts. Sundays are happy hour all day, so that's a good day to go for value. Recommended.Special Features:
- Fun food and environment !JuanlucaVIPDined on 11/30/2012Fun food and environment ! Buttercake dessert is a mustSpecial Features:
- 3rd time and never again.UptownFoodieVIPDined on 11/29/20123rd time and never again. Service was horrible, food not so great. The service was so bad again that it far outweighed any joy of the environment.Special Features:
- First off I'm a big fan ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2012First off I'm a big fan of the cocktails and wings here but the other night I had the lobster roll and it was a very bad decision. For $17 I was expecting something to be comparable to the Smack Shack’s King Roll ($19) but the amount of lobster barely cover the hotdog bun it was served on. It was probably about 1/5 the amount the Shack's King Roll and 1/10 the flavor. It was topped with what looked like canned tomatoes and the overall taste was just not enjoyable. This place is great and the mac and cheese is another high point but I felt really cheated out of this meal. Give this place a try though if you haven’t, I’ll be back but just be a lot more careful about what I order.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2012Great food!! Get the Steak and Eggs Flatbread and the Gooey Butter Cake!Special Features:
- If you want good bar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2012If you want good bar food and with a relaxed vibe, this is for you. Make sure to try their deviled eggs.Special Features:
- The music is way to loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012The music is way to loud. Is it a sports bar or restaurant?
- I was incredibly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012I was incredibly disappointed in my experience at Primebar-- the food was mediocre at best, and the service was outright rude. I will definitely not be returning, and I would implore you to find another place to eat.Special Features:
- In general the food was veryfoodnwineDined on 11/1/2012In general the food was very good. However, one person in our party ordered the Amish chicken and it was completely cooked. She sent it back to the kitchen. It came out a second time and it still was not done.Special Features:
- Awesome beer selection, amazingDelishMNtoAZDined on 10/26/2012Awesome beer selection, amazing burgers, with a range if traditional to adventuresome offerings on the menu.
- We were very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2012We were very disappointed. We eat out frequently and like to try new places. Our waitress was attentive and sweet. However, the noise level was so high we considered leaving as we were seated. We could not hear each other talk and it was really just way too much. "Energetic" does not describe it - too loud, too much bass, too much for a meal. Maybe if it was just a bar, loud music would be appropriate. But when dinner is served the atmosphere should be quieter (in our view). And the loud music did not add to a festive atmosphere, it made our group uncomfortable and took away from the experience. We will not go back.
- The decor is wonderful, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012The decor is wonderful, the food is great, the service was good, price is reasonable...but it was really loud.Special Features:
- Fun for drinks, not a great meal...SuburbsGirlDined on 10/19/2012Would recommend for drinks but not for dinner. Did not care for the fish, no flavor and the "stew" underneath was not a good match.Special Features: