2300 Matlock Rd.
Mansfield, TX 76063Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primemansfield.com/
- Phone: 8174052980x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11AM - 10PM
Thursday: 11AM - 11PM (7PM - 10PM Live Music)
Friday & Saturday: 11AM - 12AM (8PM - 11PM Live Music)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ricky Phillips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Prime has a separate banquet area with a projector and a screen that will accommodate up to 30 guests. The Grille will accommodate 65 guests and the patio can also be used for a private party and that will seat 65.
- Private Party Contact: Lesly Capote 8174872438x
- Entertainment: Live music on weekend nights in the Grille!
Friday & Saturday 8PM - 11PM
- Special Events: Chef's 4 Course Meal Paired with Wine!
A word from Prime
PRIME Grille & Patio brings an inviting sampling of Contemporary American cuisine, built on local ingredients and strong flavors, with simple elegant presentations. Our menu pays homage to the many local farmers and food craftsman, and points to what it tastes like to live and eat well in Mansfield, Texas right now. The hope is you will enjoy food here that is hearty and comfortable, and perhaps food that you have never tried before or even heard of and notice the care we take to present the true flavors of our ingredients. It is exciting for us to cook for you, pour wine, draw draft beers, and craft cocktails. At PRIME, you will find a relaxing atmosphere where you can sit and enjoy a date night with your significant other, a lunch meeting, or a night out with friends. PRIME’s Grille offers 14 different beers on tap, an impressive selection of wines, and a full bar. On most weekend nights the Grille features live music by local artists and an impressive patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Prime - Best Restaurants in Mansfield ›
Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Decent experienceNocureDined on 10/18/2014The place is trying to appeal, it has a sense of sophistication, but the food doesn't quite match. Food was dry, especially the stuffed chicken. Decent overall...Special Features:
- Ruined our anniversaryYankeeinTexasDined on 9/27/2014We went here over the summer and had a great dinner, no problems. We went again on 9/27 to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was awful. Our appetizers were very good (lobster bisque) but our main course (I had the strip steak and my husband had the 10 oz filet) was terrible. Both our steaks arrived tasting of lighter fluid. We have never done this before but we both sent our meals back. They offered to re-cook them, but after how awful they tasted, we just decided to get the check. No manager ever came out to find out what happened, and we thought maybe something on our bill would have been comped - NOTHING. They let us pay the bill and leave. So much for a nice anniversary dinner. We won't be back. Very disappointed.
- Poor Service and Fair FoodPooterdickie1Dined on 9/20/2014Our waiter was very slow. We got our salads before our wine. Our waiter did not deliver our drinks or our food. I had the Trout, the fish was good, but the risotto was gummy and starchy tasting. Pete had the Prime Rib and it was dry. His Dad had the Shrimp Scampi and it did not taste fresh at all. I did not get the wine I ask for, the waiter chose to give me a more expensive glass of wine instead of the one I ordered. The waiter also told us his personal problems. Then he pulled up a chair and sat down with the people at the table next to us. We needed our water refilled and our check dealt with, but that was ignored. We paid Dallas or Fort Worth prices and the food was bland and the service was appalling.Special Features:
- DisappointingSouthfinedinningDined on 9/19/2014Service is inept, food is mediocre at best, management accepts disappointments.
- A great experience all around.TrixiesquartetDined on 9/18/2014My party went there to celebrate my sister's 73rd birthday. The food was very good. Prepared perfectly and serviced timely. The portions were just right. Service was excellent. The waiter asked our names and then remembered them when returning to our table. And at the end of the meal, my sister was served a complimentary piece of chocolate cake in honor of her birthday. It was delicious! We would all definitely go back.....it was a very nice experience. The only negative comment was the large table of ladies seated beside us were VERY loud. I am planning on taking a friend there for his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!!TXLadyDined on 8/29/2014I've heard good things about Prime but had never gone until Friday 8-29. Went specifically to hear a band but was impressed with the food, service and overall atmosphere. We will be coming back without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overhyped and over pricedEXchefDined on 8/24/2014As I said in their Facebook page , I was very disappointed with the quality of food and over priced wine list . As a retired Excecutive chef and restaurateur I think I am qualify to judge the quality and presentation of food . Both were not up to par with what they try to represent and the prices they charge . Thank you for asking . G.Bahon
- Birthday DinnerMansfieldFoodieDined on 7/28/2014We went with another couple for a co-birthday dinner. Michael, our server, was great! Food was excellent and even though my ribeye was a little on the rare side, they redid it and it was perfect. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mansfield GemAMGLadyDined on 7/25/2014I enjoyed the food and the service was great! I'm excited that I can stay in Mansfield and have a great dining and entertaining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local spot!TomtomDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I couldn't have had a better experience. Great wine, beer, and liquor selection! We had the prime rib, and it was easily one of the best ones we've had in the metroplex... And it's even cheaper than places like The Keg! Great price, great service, great food, and a top-notch outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Big Parties were loud while we were trying to have a nice quite romantic dinner....big parties should be in back of restaurant, away from those who want quietness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dennis2golfDined on 7/12/2014Very good steaks and chops with excellent menu optionsSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceDisappointedDinersDined on 7/11/2014Waitress was quiet and not sociable with us. For the price of the food it was poor quality of what was expected. It was our 1 year anniversary and expected better service as well. I do not intend on returning or will I be recommended anyone to dine in your establishment.
- Excellent Anniversary ChoiceDawson64VIPDined on 7/2/2014My husband happened to see Prime as he was driving down Matlock towards Board Street. When we discussed our annivesary this was the first restaurant he mentioned. The chips that they serve as you're waiting are absolutely wonderful, if I could have purchased a bag, I would have. Please try the Short Rib Mac & Cheese because it's delightful. I had the Big Plate of stuffed Checken Breast with Prosciutto (excellent). My husband had the Filet Mignon and he said the flavor of the meat was really good. Our waitress was attention and another waiter also introduced himself to let us know that they work together to provide quality service. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and we enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the Prime reviews archive.
- Almost PrimeBdaygirl42Dined on 6/19/2014Enjoyed our evening at Prime. A few items were off, e.g. no water for the table, not clearing appetizer dishes before serving meal, server (different from regular/ order taking waiter) didn't know who wad being served what and we were just a party of 2. Being very picky, but if they want to be rated as high end dining this needs to be polished. Food was tasty and attractively presented. Lobster bisque too thick, just shy of pudding, but good flavor. Want to try again, especially to enjoy well appointed patio area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealKathDined on 6/19/2014My filet mignon was perfectly cooked. Loved the signature masa muffins! I appreciate the availability of healthy sides. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to Mansfield!LisaDined on 6/15/2014So glad to have a nice "non-chain" restaurant in Mansfield!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Spot!Kat7Dined on 6/14/2014If you're looking for a nice restaurant to have an anniversary dinner or you just feel like a splurge, Prime is the place to go! When I went they had live music and a pleasant atmosphere. The food was delicious and just different enough to feel fancy but not be too strange to eat (unlike some high-price restaurants). This place is perfect for anyone living in Mansfield because it delivers high quality food without being located all the way in Fort Worth or Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allaboutfoodDined on 6/11/2014We totally enjoyed The Prime. The service was awesome and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- They GOT it!PrimetimeVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great job, Prime! I've visited 7 or 8 times and this was the best. Wonderful steaks. Engaging waiter. Very attentive service! Hooray and keep it up!Special Features:
- Great food.AniversaryDined on 5/30/2014This is not the first or last time we have eaten at Prime. The meals are very good. The wine selection is limited but good quality. The atmosphere is more steakhouse than restaurant so excellent for special occasions. Our waiter was attentive without being obnoxious and took time to talk to us about the food and wine.Special Features:
- Bad service long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This restaurant has great food and great steaks but horrible service. It shouldn't take an hour to get a steak, waiter was not attentive and only had three tables all of which were complaining. The food arrived cold which tells me my waiter was overwhelmed and that it wasn't the kitchens fault as he stated. Could be a great addition to Mansfield if the service improved.
- Uneven night at PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We went on our anniversary, and noted that in our reservation, but did not get any special recognition about it. Our server, Charles, was nice but his service was uneven. He asked us for our appetizer order as we were just opening our menus. When he came back and took our appetizer order, he asked for the menus without asking for our main course order! The food was ok, the lobster bisque too thick to be called a true bisque, the mushrooms presented poorly on the plate, the asparagus barely cooked, nearly raw. The steaks redeemed the night. My NY Strip was perfectly cooked and tender, as was my wife's filet. Charles came back and never asked if we wanted dessert, so we paid the bill and left. Not sure if we would return just for the steaks.
- horribledeniseDined on 5/11/2014They were out of food I will never go again. I have never been so upset on a Mother's day before.
- DisappointinglocaleaterDined on 5/11/2014Went here for date night awhile back and it was a superb steakhouse experience. Based on that decided to go for Mothers Day Brunch. Mistake. Brunch menu was lackluster. I've seen a better brunch menu at Ruby Tuesday. The only beef item was prime rib. How does a steak house miss an obvious steak and eggs combo for brunch? Kids ordered Mac and cheese with fruit cup off kids menu. What came out looked like some strange feticinne alfredo with a mystery meat heavy on the garlic. Not what you would expect. Kids would not eat it. The fruit cup was 4-5 small berries. Service was ok, but we had to ask for bread and napkins. Took almost an hour to get order. New menu, new chef, new management. My hamburger and my wife's omelet were good though.Special Features:
- Just OkayDaveDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is promising but underdelivers. While the food is very good and the staff is friendly, the food prep and delivery is painfully slow. We went once about 3 months after open, and gave the restaurant a pass while working out the kinks. We went a second time another 3 or 4 months later, but nothing had changed. I doubt we will go again.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Never disappointed when we dine at Prime. Great location with first class quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VVolf13Dined on 5/11/2014We went for brunch but it didn't really have a great "brunch" selection. So that was a bit disappointing but the food we did have was pretty good. The service and the drinks were great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our meal was great. We went for brunch on Mother's Day and the food was fantastic. Enjoyed the brunch menu with something on it for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksRoninArlDined on 5/9/2014There were 6 in our group on a Friday evening. There was a live band (which was quite good) so the noise level in the bar was a little high but we had the option of sitting in the dining room, which is separate from the bar, or outdoor dining (which we selected) and it was nice. We could still hear the band but at a noise level which did not interfere with normal conversation. Service was good and the food was excellent. We will go back.Special Features:
- nice up-scale, non-chain resturantOccasionalDinerDined on 5/9/2014We've been to Prime a couple of times and have enjoyed each visit. Having their own pastry chef is awfully nice.Special Features:
- Great food. Service not to muchPrimetimeVIPDined on 5/3/2014Fourth or fifth visit. We will continue slogging through the amazingly consistently poor service because we want a quality restaurant in Mansfield. Food is generally outstanding. Service? Amazing. Order a martini when you sit down. Maybe fifteen minutes later after asking the friendly but understaffed (his words) waiter twice it arrives. Water glasses drained. Really inexcusable, especially because this happens each visit. The owner obviously has a handle on food choice and prep. Now concentrate on your wait staff. Silver Fox is only about fifteen minutes further for us to drive.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemgreatfoodishardtofindDined on 5/3/2014A great restaurant. You can go casual or you can go fancy. There is food for either occasion. They have live entertainment on Fridays and Saturday which is bonus. I had their dinner special and what a great recommendation, not too salty, great flavor and healthy. Great selection of wines, beers and mixed cocktails. Would go for ladies night, date night, double date and even a family gathering. The patio makes for a great relaxing atmosphere with friends. I didn't think it was over priced at all.Special Features:
- Good dinner spotMoseyDined on 4/30/2014We had a pleasant evening with friends. Good service. Good food.Special Features:
- New and goodtexasjhawkDined on 4/22/2014Prime had only been open a few weeks when we visited but the staff was experienced and the food was very good. Our steaks ( a filet and a New York strip) were cooked exactly as ordered and were delicious. A house salad with one of their special dressings was equally tasty. The other sides, garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed mushrooms, were good but not memorable. There is a very decent wine list with many wines available by the glass. Service was a little spotty but our server was very knowledgeable about the menu. We were there for just over an hour, never felt rushed, and the noise level was so low we could easily talk across the table without noise interference. We will go back.Special Features:
- 2014 Easter BrunchEmptyNestersDined on 4/20/2014Even though it was a limited menu on Easter, we chose Prime b/c of the close location & it wasn't booked. The service was good, the manager came around to check on us. Complimentary yeast rolls were excellent as was the coffee. We will come back to try the hamburgers on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpriced for qualityMomdiner1Dined on 4/19/2014Not worth the price for the food half the tables food was cold & over cooked & the other half was undercooked. Doesn't seem kid friendly not even a kids menu. They seemed to sit everyone with a child In the same area. While nice for the other diners, as a parent felt like we were all quarantined in one spot. Service was ok waitress was a little condescending. Feel their are better restaurants out there that taste better for the price.Special Features:
- The food is great well perparedawesomeeatsDined on 3/29/2014The food is great well perpared and just to order priced to be understood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodRoloDined on 3/27/2014While the food was not as good as other quality steakhouses in the metroplex, it was good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night at PrimeDebneDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed Prime. Really the only problem we encountered was our waiter seemed not to enthusiastic to be waiting on 2 women. Several tables around us that had come in after us where served more promptly and attended to more often than we were. Will go back unless this becomes a common problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.