131 Boston Post Road
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prime131.com/
- Phone: (508) 358-2400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prime131 Grill
Prime131 Grill is a comfortable and casual destination for enjoying a variety of selections. Whether it’s our aged premium steaks, fresh seafood or creative specials, there is something for everyone. Our bar features an impressive selection of creative cocktails and martinis, domestic and imported beer and over 50 hand selected wines that are sure to enhance your dining experience. We look forward to serving you, our goal is to provide outstanding service and the highest quality food! **Please note: please contact the restaurant directly for large parties of 13 people or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Prime131 Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Prime131 Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (27)kid-friendly (20)special occasion (19)hot spot (15)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Good cocktail list and good prices.RhianaHDined on 11/21/2014The drink list was fair- it had something for every one. The food was good. There were some good choices and the prices were not bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are lucky to have you in our neighborhood.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014A great spot where friends meet for good food And good company. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We can always count on a happy experience at Prime 131Grill and so we keep returning and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDrBovineVIPDined on 11/13/2014A reasonably priced restaurant that gives you what you pay for. The food was fine, but nothing memorable. Service was ok. Not sure I would go back next time I'm in town.
- Better Than ExpectedCarolSDined on 11/12/2014So glad that Prime 131 Grill is not just another steak joint, especially since we missed the old Luigi's. The menu is creative, and the food well prepared and delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Does Not DisappointMerriamFiveDined on 11/10/2014Wonderful experience, once again! Very fast service, delicious food and an outstanding service person! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Burger night!seatingDined on 11/10/2014You can't beat $5 dollar burger night and $1 oysters and shrimp cocktail. The oysters and shrimp were fresh and delicious. The burgers were one of the best i've ever had. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star is that they were so crowded and seemed frazzled by the activity. We got sat at a booth that just wasn't big enough for the 6'ft-6'5 people I was with. When I asked for another table the hostess said I didn't make any special requests and we had to wait another 30 minutes for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger night blast.HudsontravelersVIPDined on 11/10/2014This was our first visit to Prime Bar on Burger Night ( Monday nights). We expected chaos but were pleasantly surprised at how efficiently the evening went. The food and service was terrific. The value was even better. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Loved my meal. She did not. .LarryVIPDined on 11/8/2014I loved my steak. Wife was disappointed they ran out of the lobster pad Thai. Did not like her scallops. On the one hand it's great they ran out because that means food is fresh but not great planning. Great cold beer. Perfectly poured draft. Will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super meal,excellent servicerunto131Dined on 11/8/2014Can't say enough about the great steaks and salmon our group of four had. Our food server, Rachel, was absolutely one of the best I ever had any restaurant. A true asset to an outstanding meal and restaurant. Our two guests raved about the food and service they experienced at Prime 131. They live in Maine and said they want to experience another great meal at Prime when they return to visit us again. As for us,we will continue to make Prime 131 our number one restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime 131DaveDined on 11/1/2014We had excellent service and food. Ther was nothing lacking.Special Features:
- Prime RibDoctorPaDined on 10/29/2014Great roast beef; tender, flavorful. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HumCooDined on 10/27/2014Great value on burger nighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerLisa14Dined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner. It was very relaxing and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMcdonowilVIPDined on 10/23/2014Great food and service make this a true neighborhood gem. Steaks that melt in your mouth and excellent side dishes.Special Features:
- EllenDined on 10/22/2014This is a favorite. Food is always fresh and delicious. The wait staff is attentive and friendly. Our reservations have always been honored on time. You can't beat the $15.95 roast beef on Wednesday nights. It's as good as the roast beef at any upscale steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanadagVIPDined on 10/20/2014We got there at 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon and a tad at the bar since we were too early to be seated in the restaurant. The salmon and accompaniments were great. Mississippi Mud pie was even too big for two to share! We will be returning....Special Features:
- return customerWcityDined on 10/17/2014I was a little disappointed in the baked haddock. I thought the portion was a little on the small side and lacked some flavor. The portions on the fish and asparagus could be increased a little. The dessert selection was mostly ice cream based. I would like to see more variety that did not include ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allKpriscellaVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had a large party. The restaurant was very accommodating - we wanted to be seated in a certain area. The service was great and the food was good. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Monday Burger NightMassEatsDined on 10/13/2014So glad I made a reservation! Walked in and was sat down immediately. Monday nights are $5 burgers. Great deal and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $5 burger nightNeighborVIPDined on 10/13/2014They redeemed themselves and the burgers were good again. Last time we were here it was awful and we come here a lot. This time it was good again. Service still not that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I thought the restaurant was very nice. It seemed busy, especially the bar area. I'd like to come back & try sitting at the bar, which I love to do. It was large & bright. Overall a very nice experience. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodAnnieVIPDined on 10/10/2014We both had excellent food. I had the filet mignon and lobster pie- both were perfect. My husband had the rib eye steak which he also said was excellent. This restaurant has improved over the years.Special Features:
- Your checkannieoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Check your bill carefully....we had a 100.00 gift card and when we got our bill the 100 was not taken off the total...we were about to sign and one of us noticed that the bill was wrong.....wait staff seem unconcerned and made the correction with no apology. And it is a bit over priced.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 10/4/2014Exccellent food, good service. We requested anchovies with our Caesar salad, but the server didn't hear it..Special Features:
- Nice DinnerHdhejVIPDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed dinner. The haddock with crab asparagus topping was great! Sweet Potato - Wow they have them. Tips were tender and the salads were fresh!Special Features:
- Great meal, great servicecherylglVIPDined on 10/1/2014This was my second time here and it was great. All three of us loved our meals, the server was perfect. We sat at the table and talked long after our meal was through and no one hurried us out. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bargain of the CenturyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2014Great burgers for $5. Service was terrific and neighborhood vibe was greatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2014Mike the bartender is the best. That is one of the main reasons why we go to Prime. Everyone we meet there is always freindly and cheery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime 131 grillPRIMEDined on 9/28/2014We sat at the bar Sunday night. The bartender was by himself and very busy which created delays, not his fault. management should have been on top of this. the food was delicious...salmon plate with risotto, arugula salad with watermelon and goat cheese were yummy. I would definitely go back! We liked the bar atmosphere.Special Features:
- PickypickyVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went on a tues nite. Pretty quiet. I ordered filet mingnon& lobster pie which I've had befor. Lobster pie was so bland. The steak was excellent. Friend ordered ribeye steak. It was very tough. No waitstaff ever came to check on us after we were served. When waitress picked up plate she asked " on auto pilot" how was everything. My friend who left most of her steak said it was very tough. No reaction from waitress. Then they messed up our payment double charging one credit card. They kept the 2 slips w/ a refund of one. We will see. No manager. Little attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceMarkJanet6Dined on 9/21/2014Great service and nice place overall. We were there for an early Sunday evening dinner for 6. The menu is good and the food was just fine but nothing too memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kgood spot, good parkingRharveyDined on 9/20/2014its a neighborhood food spot. good price point good service&ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $5 burger nightNeighborVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is usually a great burger BUT this time not so good. Very disappointing. The burgers may have been pre made and reheated. As A result they were dry and tastelessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night!barb1590Dined on 9/14/2014This was the first time I was disappointed with the food I ordered a hamburger medium-rare. First time it came out well-done. Sent it back. 15 minutes later, second one came out. Again thoroughly overcooked. I went to the manager. He apologized and we sent it back a third time. 15 minute wait again, so I was not optimistic, very well-done! The manager took my dinner off the bill and offered my party desserts. We did not want dessert so I asked him to send me home a different dinner and he agreed. He was awesome!! Got it home and my baked potato was missing! Three people in my party ordered lobster pie and all three said it was dry. My brother was the only one who lucked out with a perfect filet. Needs a new chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok for a quick salad or steakpalermoDined on 9/14/2014if you really don't feel like cooking this is an alternative. Mediocre food but edible. Mixed greens for example were iceberg and romaine. oil and vinegar dressing served in a small metal pitcher that makes it impossible to have any of the vinegar meet the lettuce. like most american restaurants the emphasis is on quantity and not quality. Terrible coffee always.
- Prime 131 seafoodDaveDined on 9/13/2014We had previously had great steaks here, and decided to try the seafood menu. It was just as satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/13/2014great dinner and our waiter was fabulous!!! Great energy and good food!Special Features:
- Great local spoteatingoutDined on 9/12/2014This is a good local restaurant. The food preparation is consistent and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. I love the risotto and the center cut tenderloin! My husband loves the spinach salad with goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToughtopleaseVIPDined on 9/8/2014First time I have gone on $5 burger night-the place was jumping! Service a little slow due to the crowd, but we weren't in a hurry. I stuck with my usual house salad with chicken (a nice portion) while my friends had burgers. I think I enjoyed my food the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.