131 Boston Post Road
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prime131.com/
- Phone: 5083582400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Bar open till 11:00pm) Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rico DiFronzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Prime131 Grill
Prime131 Grill is a classic, comfortable, and casual destination for enjoying a variety of contemporary selections. Whether it’s our well aged premium steaks, fresh seafood or pasta, there is something for everyone. Providing outstanding service and the highest quality food is our objective. Executive Chef Rico DiFronzo features interesting and exceptional specials prepared daily from food purchased from local farms and dairies (when available). primebar’s bustling and lively bar also features an impressive selection of creative cocktails and martinis, domestic and imported beer and over 50 hand selected wines that are sure to enhance your dining experience. We look forward to serving you! **Please note: please contact the restaurant directly for large parties of 13 people or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Prime131 Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Prime131 Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (28)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (17)romantic (10)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- WelovetoeatDined on 8/29/2014We were celebrating a double birthday and they didn't disappoint! My sirloin tips were very good and I even had enough to take 3 large pieces home. Other's meals, salmon and ribeye steak were equally good. Excellent choice for a nice dinner!Special Features:
- salads deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2014We eat at Prime maybe 2-3 times a month. This was the first time having salads and both were fresh and delicious. Service was weird that night. I got the wrong salad which they rectified quickly and our server hovered. I was in conversation about burying my dad and the server stood there until I stopped talking. She should have left and come back another time.Special Features:
- MerriamFiveDined on 8/18/2014The food was fabulous and the service was spectacular! Our wait person could not have been more pleasant and efficient if she tried! Will absolutely return, even though the noise level is a bit high.Special Features:
- RobbiRobbiDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and great bar, friendly staff. Have been here several times, and would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super steaksDaveDined on 8/16/2014We ordered the small filet mignons. They were the best filets we have ever tasted! The sides came with the entrees, though the bottom ends of the asparagus were too woody, and should have been discarded. We had an excellent bottle of Napa Cabernet at a very modest price. The handicapped parking was convenient, especially as the lot was fairly full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Prime131 GrillPrimeDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was highly recommended to me many times. Steak you could cut it with a butter knife. Delicious but a little salty. Lobster casserole that accompanied steak was too much bread crumbs (not the traditional ones) and very little lobster. Beverages were very good as well as the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatJackComic12Dined on 8/16/2014I got the filet mignon and lobster dinner, both were amazing. Steak was one of the best i have ever had, so tender and cooked perfect. The lobster was great too. Cooked perfect with a light bread crumb. The price of this was $29 and came with two side orders. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it should be / could beGRF4Dined on 8/15/2014This was our second time at Prime131. The server had to be prompted for bread for the table twice, also did not know what type of gin they had. I ordered a Ribeye med Rare. The server brought out a NY sirloin and left before I could let him know. I ate it. It was ok not med rare more medium. when server arrived let him know it was the wrong cut of meat. They offered to change it but I did not want to wait. Stated just make sure I get charged for the sirloin. Manager came over eventually and offered my wife and I desert to make up for the mix up. when the bill arrived they charged us for one of the deserts. had to speak to the manager again. eventually it was corrected. Not sure I will go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014I've taken friends there many times. They always want to go back. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- The Monday Night Special …BillVIPDined on 8/11/2014… is the reason to come here. It's a decent local eatery but on Monday nights with $5 cheeseburgers and $1 jumbo shrimp it becomes a wonderful "price/value" dining out place. On other nights, not bad, but nothing memorable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Food & service were fine but the restaurant was extremely noisy. There was a child shrieking for quite a long time. people with kids who have melt downs should be asked to take them out until they calm down.Special Features:
- Not bad but $$$$$rogergDined on 8/10/2014We ordered two filets one small and one regular. Both came regular size. We had to guess if they were 2 small ones or 2 big ones. When the bill came they were 2 regular or big ones at $34 each. They said they were 9oz but looked real small. Broccoli ordered as vegitable side was 50% thick stems. Waitstaff was attentive and very professional. All in all I thinkSpecial Features:
- PegCVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with friendly personnel, varied menu and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only fairOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014I have been to the Prime Grill many times but it seems to be slipping. I would not bring a guest as I can't be sure that the food will be all that good and the drink service last visit was very poor.
- $5 Burger NightDoughboyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Went for their Monday night special $5.00 burger. The burger was nice size with a potato of your choice. It was prepared perfectly and had the condiments we requested. We also shared a salad that was very good and they split it for us. I would recommend if you are looking for a casual nice restaurant.
- A Place to Meet FriendsapiecakeDined on 7/31/2014This is the place my friends and I choose to go for dinner before attending the Vokes Players theater just up the street, so I have been to Prime 131 Grill several times. It's usually a pleasant experience, with good food at decent, though slightly high, prices.Special Features:
- Great Monday Night Hamburgers0nlytheb3stDined on 7/28/2014We've only been there for the special Monday night hamburgers , and each time they have been consistently great. They require you to buy a drink (soda is $3) in order to get the special, but let me substitute a salad or dessert instead. Even though every table is full with lines of people waiting (which is why reservations are a must!), the service has been timely and the food really good. The noise level is high, but we never felt we had to shout or compete with the surrounding tables.Special Features:
- $5 Burger NightLilu543Dined on 7/28/2014This is a great restaurant. This last time was my second time going. while I cannot speak about the whole menu, the $5 burgers are wonderful. Of course the bull does not simply come out to $5. With the deal you are required to purchase a drink and there are additional add ons for your burger such as mushrooms bacon and so on at $1 each. All in all it is a great deal. Just make sure to make a reservation because the place is always packed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborVIPDined on 7/28/2014The service has markedly improved for he better. Thank you. The $5 burger and $5 fish sandwich were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!disappointedshrimploverDined on 7/28/2014We have been to this restaurant at least 10 times. We often go for the $5 hamburger special. For several weeks we had a 7:15 reservation only to find them sold out of the shrimp which were always superb. This week we went early to be sure to get shrimp. But what a disappointment. They were large as always but slimy and mushy not firm and sweet. I even had to spit mine out because it tasted 'off'. Not sure if we'll ever return this left - quite literally - a bad taste in our mouth.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2014As always prime 131 delivers great food every time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday $5 burger nightNeighborVIPDined on 7/14/2014Waitstaff has improved greatly Monday night $5 burger night is great. We keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine FestoddseatingDined on 7/10/2014Prime131 Grill is a favorite with my daughter, so we took her there for her birthday. I was a bit surprised that the hostess led us (two adolescents, one elderly gentleman not particularly steady on his feet and myself) to a "step up" booth next to the bar--she was quick to take us into the dining room when I asked, but it seemed odd that I should have to ask. Otherwise, service was excellent and food very fine! We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014We enjoy the Prime Grill and like going there but since they have discontinued offering both White Zinfandel or a Riesling by the glass we will no longer continue to go. My wife likes a sweet wine and discontinuing these offering has prompted this decision.Special Features:
- Ran out of specials 3 times!disappointedshrimploverDined on 7/7/2014Their Monday night special of $5 hamburger and $1 shrimp and/or oyster is terrific. Shrimp are fabulous. But of the last 4 visits they ran out of shrimp 3 times by 7:15.This is not acceptable. Manager said he loses money on shrimp. So why serve them at all? Have to buy a drink at $3.50 for iced tea, so making money somewhere. Most buy liquor, so making BIG bucks there. They either need to rethink this special or buy more shrimp and be prepared.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner!Diner24Dined on 6/21/2014Had a lovely dinner with friends. We started with the bar snacks----don't miss the crispy Brussel Sprouts. Dinners were well prepared. Our server was a well mannered young man. If you enjoy lots of dinner conversation, this place is for you. Although the bar was active, we found the restaurant to be pleasantly calm enough to enjoy our conversation.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsFranDined on 6/16/2014Nice pub atmosphere. A great local restaurant where we meet neighbors and friends. The service is always good and the booths are very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place for a nice dinnerCrankinSteveVIPDined on 6/14/2014Prime131 does a fine job of providing excellent food, attentive service, in a pleasant atmosphere. I really like the booths. You cannot go wrong here and I need to go back more often.
- Best Meal at Prime Bar YetCookieVIPDined on 6/13/2014I have been to Prime Bar many times since it first opened and this last time was the best. All of the food was excellent - from the scallops to the crispy fried calamari. I ordered the Santorini (?) chicken over linquini and it was tender and flavorful. I have been disappointed in past meals but this was great - in fact MUCH better that our last meal at The Coach Grill and for a much better price. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Took forever to get food. Some of the food was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the BurgersCashieDined on 6/13/2014Prime has great salads (loved the watermelon and argula). The prime burgers are perfectly cooked and delicious. CashieSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/10/2014The staff here knows how to do beef - whatever the cut, it's always flavorful and cooked just right. Our server Janelle did a great job, and offered great recommendations.Special Features:
- FranDined on 6/9/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. See all of neighbors there on burger night. The wait staff is always courteous and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Burger NightTommyDined on 6/9/2014Met my brother there for dinner. It was Monday and there is quite a crowd for the special Monday $5 Burger Night. I got the burger and my brother got the petite filet. Both were very good. Our waitress kept trying to sell us on other items, not the special burger. Seemed a bit pushy. Overall food was good and i will go back.Special Features:
- Consistently Great!Eater23Dined on 6/7/2014I've been to Prime 20 or so times in the past 2 years... I have never had a bad meal or a bad experience. The food is always good and the service is too. You can get a burger, sandwich or a steak! LOVE the chicken quesadillas!! Better than any local mexican restaurant around! YUM!Special Features:
- 0nlytheb3stDined on 6/2/2014This was the second time we went to the Prime 131 Grill for their Monday $5 hamburger night. Both times, the hamburgers were great and the French fries crispy and hot. The wait staff was just what one would want: attentive, but not TOO attentive, pleasant and helpful. The first time, we didn't have reservations and had to wait 45 minutes to get a table, because the restaurant is packed on Monday nights. This time, we wised up and got reservations, and didn't wait at all. Considering that every table was taken, the noise level was acceptable. No shouting necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2014Super busy for the $5 burger night - the service kept up to the demand. The burgers were cooked nicely. Spinach artichoke appetizer was tasty. I would try it again on a 'regular' night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local steak placeWildaDined on 5/30/2014Prime 131 Grill is a great restaurant that serves good quality food with a more casual feel than some of the higher end places. The steaks are seasoned well, cooked to perfection, and served with two delicious sides. I recommend the Ribera. There is a $5 burger night that is always jam packed. The price point is actually pretty reasonable for Wayland and the service is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToughtopleaseDined on 5/30/2014Had a very nice evening at Prime131. Menu has changed and the roasted brussel sprout appetizer is wonderful! It was a VERY quiet Friday night and we sat at a table in the bar area and had a very leisurely, relaxing meal. Waitress was very good-did not rush us.Special Features:
- Good food, but not for vegetariansSebagoLizzyDined on 5/27/2014We've been to this restaurant several times, and really enjoy it. But it sure would be nice if there were some vegetarian options on the menu. Yes, "grill" implies meat, but it isn't that hard to have a veggie burger and veggie pasta on the menu. Without these additions we choose another restaurant when the vegetarian members of our family are around.Special Features: