131 Boston Post Road
Wayland, MA 01778Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prime131.com/
- Phone: 5083582400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prime131 Grill
Prime131 Grill is a comfortable and casual destination for enjoying a variety of selections. Whether it’s our aged premium steaks, fresh seafood or creative specials, there is something for everyone. Our bar features an impressive selection of creative cocktails and martinis, domestic and imported beer and over 50 hand selected wines that are sure to enhance your dining experience. We look forward to serving you, our goal is to provide outstanding service and the highest quality food! **Please note: please contact the restaurant directly for large parties of 13 people or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Prime131 Grill - Best Restaurants in Wayland ›
Prime131 Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (22)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (9)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- EllenDined on 10/22/2014This is a favorite. Food is always fresh and delicious. The wait staff is attentive and friendly. Our reservations have always been honored on time. You can't beat the $15.95 roast beef on Wednesday nights. It's as good as the roast beef at any upscale steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/20/2014We got there at 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon and a tad at the bar since we were too early to be seated in the restaurant. The salmon and accompaniments were great. Mississippi Mud pie was even too big for two to share! We will be returning....Special Features:
- return customerWcityDined on 10/17/2014I was a little disappointed in the baked haddock. I thought the portion was a little on the small side and lacked some flavor. The portions on the fish and asparagus could be increased a little. The dessert selection was mostly ice cream based. I would like to see more variety that did not include ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allKpriscellaVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had a large party. The restaurant was very accommodating - we wanted to be seated in a certain area. The service was great and the food was good. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Monday Burger NightMassEatsDined on 10/13/2014So glad I made a reservation! Walked in and was sat down immediately. Monday nights are $5 burgers. Great deal and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $5 burger nightNeighborVIPDined on 10/13/2014They redeemed themselves and the burgers were good again. Last time we were here it was awful and we come here a lot. This time it was good again. Service still not that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I thought the restaurant was very nice. It seemed busy, especially the bar area. I'd like to come back & try sitting at the bar, which I love to do. It was large & bright. Overall a very nice experience. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodAnnieVIPDined on 10/10/2014We both had excellent food. I had the filet mignon and lobster pie- both were perfect. My husband had the rib eye steak which he also said was excellent. This restaurant has improved over the years.Special Features:
- Your checkannieoVIPDined on 10/8/2014Check your bill carefully....we had a 100.00 gift card and when we got our bill the 100 was not taken off the total...we were about to sign and one of us noticed that the bill was wrong.....wait staff seem unconcerned and made the correction with no apology. And it is a bit over priced.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 10/4/2014Exccellent food, good service. We requested anchovies with our Caesar salad, but the server didn't hear it..Special Features:
- Nice DinnerHdhejVIPDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed dinner. The haddock with crab asparagus topping was great! Sweet Potato - Wow they have them. Tips were tender and the salads were fresh!Special Features:
- Great meal, great servicecherylglVIPDined on 10/1/2014This was my second time here and it was great. All three of us loved our meals, the server was perfect. We sat at the table and talked long after our meal was through and no one hurried us out. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bargain of the CenturyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2014Great burgers for $5. Service was terrific and neighborhood vibe was greatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2014Mike the bartender is the best. That is one of the main reasons why we go to Prime. Everyone we meet there is always freindly and cheery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime 131 grillPRIMEDined on 9/28/2014We sat at the bar Sunday night. The bartender was by himself and very busy which created delays, not his fault. management should have been on top of this. the food was delicious...salmon plate with risotto, arugula salad with watermelon and goat cheese were yummy. I would definitely go back! We liked the bar atmosphere.Special Features:
- PickypickyVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went on a tues nite. Pretty quiet. I ordered filet mingnon& lobster pie which I've had befor. Lobster pie was so bland. The steak was excellent. Friend ordered ribeye steak. It was very tough. No waitstaff ever came to check on us after we were served. When waitress picked up plate she asked " on auto pilot" how was everything. My friend who left most of her steak said it was very tough. No reaction from waitress. Then they messed up our payment double charging one credit card. They kept the 2 slips w/ a refund of one. We will see. No manager. Little attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceMarkJanet6Dined on 9/21/2014Great service and nice place overall. We were there for an early Sunday evening dinner for 6. The menu is good and the food was just fine but nothing too memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kgood spot, good parkingRharveyDined on 9/20/2014its a neighborhood food spot. good price point good service&ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $5 burger nightNeighborVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is usually a great burger BUT this time not so good. Very disappointing. The burgers may have been pre made and reheated. As A result they were dry and tastelessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night!barb1590Dined on 9/14/2014This was the first time I was disappointed with the food I ordered a hamburger medium-rare. First time it came out well-done. Sent it back. 15 minutes later, second one came out. Again thoroughly overcooked. I went to the manager. He apologized and we sent it back a third time. 15 minute wait again, so I was not optimistic, very well-done! The manager took my dinner off the bill and offered my party desserts. We did not want dessert so I asked him to send me home a different dinner and he agreed. He was awesome!! Got it home and my baked potato was missing! Three people in my party ordered lobster pie and all three said it was dry. My brother was the only one who lucked out with a perfect filet. Needs a new chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok for a quick salad or steakpalermoDined on 9/14/2014if you really don't feel like cooking this is an alternative. Mediocre food but edible. Mixed greens for example were iceberg and romaine. oil and vinegar dressing served in a small metal pitcher that makes it impossible to have any of the vinegar meet the lettuce. like most american restaurants the emphasis is on quantity and not quality. Terrible coffee always.
- Prime 131 seafoodDaveDined on 9/13/2014We had previously had great steaks here, and decided to try the seafood menu. It was just as satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/13/2014great dinner and our waiter was fabulous!!! Great energy and good food!Special Features:
- Great local spoteatingoutDined on 9/12/2014This is a good local restaurant. The food preparation is consistent and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. I love the risotto and the center cut tenderloin! My husband loves the spinach salad with goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToughtopleaseVIPDined on 9/8/2014First time I have gone on $5 burger night-the place was jumping! Service a little slow due to the crowd, but we weren't in a hurry. I stuck with my usual house salad with chicken (a nice portion) while my friends had burgers. I think I enjoyed my food the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local and GoodFoodieDocDined on 9/6/2014They have the best scallops, always cooked just right. The steak was cooked perfectly, though perhaps just a tad too salty. Scheduling a reservation through open table ensures a seat, because sometimes the wait can be long. You can always sit at the bar or the "first-come" seating. The staff is usually busy and thus not entirely friendly (unless they know you from town).Special Features:
- Early Dinner with GranddaughterTimofSudburyDined on 9/6/2014Prime131 Grill was a nice place to take my family (wife, daughter and granddaughter) for an early birthday dinner (i.e., 5:30 pm). Great service and good food.Special Features:
- WelovetoeatDined on 8/29/2014We were celebrating a double birthday and they didn't disappoint! My sirloin tips were very good and I even had enough to take 3 large pieces home. Other's meals, salmon and ribeye steak were equally good. Excellent choice for a nice dinner!Special Features:
- salads deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2014We eat at Prime maybe 2-3 times a month. This was the first time having salads and both were fresh and delicious. Service was weird that night. I got the wrong salad which they rectified quickly and our server hovered. I was in conversation about burying my dad and the server stood there until I stopped talking. She should have left and come back another time.Special Features:
- MerriamFiveDined on 8/18/2014The food was fabulous and the service was spectacular! Our wait person could not have been more pleasant and efficient if she tried! Will absolutely return, even though the noise level is a bit high.Special Features:
- RobbiRobbiDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and great bar, friendly staff. Have been here several times, and would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super steaksDaveDined on 8/16/2014We ordered the small filet mignons. They were the best filets we have ever tasted! The sides came with the entrees, though the bottom ends of the asparagus were too woody, and should have been discarded. We had an excellent bottle of Napa Cabernet at a very modest price. The handicapped parking was convenient, especially as the lot was fairly full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Prime131 GrillPrimeDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was highly recommended to me many times. Steak you could cut it with a butter knife. Delicious but a little salty. Lobster casserole that accompanied steak was too much bread crumbs (not the traditional ones) and very little lobster. Beverages were very good as well as the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatJackComic12Dined on 8/16/2014I got the filet mignon and lobster dinner, both were amazing. Steak was one of the best i have ever had, so tender and cooked perfect. The lobster was great too. Cooked perfect with a light bread crumb. The price of this was $29 and came with two side orders. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it should be / could beGRF4VIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time at Prime131. The server had to be prompted for bread for the table twice, also did not know what type of gin they had. I ordered a Ribeye med Rare. The server brought out a NY sirloin and left before I could let him know. I ate it. It was ok not med rare more medium. when server arrived let him know it was the wrong cut of meat. They offered to change it but I did not want to wait. Stated just make sure I get charged for the sirloin. Manager came over eventually and offered my wife and I desert to make up for the mix up. when the bill arrived they charged us for one of the deserts. had to speak to the manager again. eventually it was corrected. Not sure I will go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014I've taken friends there many times. They always want to go back. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- The Monday Night Special …BillVIPDined on 8/11/2014… is the reason to come here. It's a decent local eatery but on Monday nights with $5 cheeseburgers and $1 jumbo shrimp it becomes a wonderful "price/value" dining out place. On other nights, not bad, but nothing memorable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Food & service were fine but the restaurant was extremely noisy. There was a child shrieking for quite a long time. people with kids who have melt downs should be asked to take them out until they calm down.Special Features:
- Not bad but $$$$$rogergDined on 8/10/2014We ordered two filets one small and one regular. Both came regular size. We had to guess if they were 2 small ones or 2 big ones. When the bill came they were 2 regular or big ones at $34 each. They said they were 9oz but looked real small. Broccoli ordered as vegitable side was 50% thick stems. Waitstaff was attentive and very professional. All in all I thinkSpecial Features:
- PegCVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with friendly personnel, varied menu and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.